Dannymck_33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dannymck_33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dannymck_33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dannymck_33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dannymck_33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dannymck_33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dannymck_33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dannymck_33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dannymck_33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dannymck_33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dannymck_33 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Deadlift and Vision Problem?

Ok well i started dead lifting 3 months ago when i got into powerlifting. My starting Dead lift weight was 295/300 lb so a pretty good starting weight i think , But a week later i pulled my lower back and couldn't dead lift heavy or squat heavy because of my back and i was not doing heavy for like a month and a half. A week ago i tried my 1 rep max on dead lift and got up a 350 lb dead lift barely.

Now yesterday after my sets of dead lift (last set was 315lb so i still got stronger after being out of action and 315 didnt really feel like much) my head/vision was killing me , like everything was blurry and i keep seeing like heatwaves in my POV and it was really weird. Now the thing is i wanted to try out another 1 rep max and for some reason my repping felt easy , so i tried 365 and cleared that easy then tried 375 and that was easy to but my vision was still really bad , and it felt like the back of my eye was strained or something i ended up going to bed a 7:30 pm last night because of it. Any idea what this is ? and also why i went from 350 hard to 375 1 rep max easy in a week? (my back fully healed or something)

Thanks in advance
    Dan

SupaSaiyajin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupaSaiyajin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupaSaiyajin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupaSaiyajin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupaSaiyajin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupaSaiyajin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupaSaiyajin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupaSaiyajin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupaSaiyajin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupaSaiyajin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupaSaiyajin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    See your doctor!!
    That being said. why did you keep lifting if you had a hard time seeing and your head hurt? Doesnt this sound dangerous to yourself and the people around you? It most likely had something to do with the strain from the effort you were putting into the lift, and is hoepfully nothing to worry about.

I hope you figure out what is up, Good luck!
    "I do lots of pushups and situps and drink plenty of juice"

Reps back regaurdless ;)
    I owe reps to: No1 right now, get on board for reps, gimme the green!

isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz
    blurry vision, runners, sparks, etc. happens all the freaking time, usually when lifting in gear though.

its due to the spike in blood pressure you get when lifting a heavy weight.

if you normally have high blood pressure you'll probably experience it at lighter weights too.

edit:
    Originally Posted by SupaSaiyajin View Post
    See your doctor!!
    That being said. why did you keep lifting if you had a hard time seeing and your head hurt? Doesnt this sound dangerous to yourself and the people around you? It most likely had something to do with the strain from the effort you were putting into the lift, and is hoepfully nothing to worry about.

I hope you figure out what is up, Good luck!

b/c he's apparently not a pussy.
    *Mods/CS will not, nor can they change your username, so don't ask*
    *Mods/CS will not, nor can they mass delete your post history, so don't ask*

lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz
    Heavy deadlifting causes tremendous spikes in blood pressure. This can cause headaches in some people. A lot of people will see little sparkles called "gym fairies" after a particularly heavy set. For most people, it's normal. For others, it may be a sign of something more serious. I'm not a doctor and I don't play one on the internet, so I can't tell you what to think.
    Bravery and stupidity are often synonymous. So are cowardice and intelligence.

blood&sweat&many blisters endymion88's Avatar
    endymion88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) endymion88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) endymion88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) endymion88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) endymion88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) endymion88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) endymion88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) endymion88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) endymion88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) endymion88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) endymion88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    like isaku said it's probly blood pressure related. check what you ate and drank before lifting.
    Team Super Awesome!
    There is no such thing as 'strong enough'

----------------------------------------------------------
    current bests
    raw squat 495x6
    raw deadlift 655x5 paused reps.
    raw bench 315x5
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    my log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129536323

AmericanPhysco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AmericanPhysco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AmericanPhysco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AmericanPhysco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AmericanPhysco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AmericanPhysco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AmericanPhysco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AmericanPhysco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AmericanPhysco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AmericanPhysco is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AmericanPhysco is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by isaku900 View Post
    blurry vision, runners, sparks, etc. happens all the freaking time, usually when lifting in gear though.

its due to the spike in blood pressure you get when lifting a heavy weight.

if you normally have high blood pressure you'll probably experience it at lighter weights too.
    I always feel like I'm going to pass out right after deadlifting "heavy" for more than 3 reps.

PeonLover is a name known to all. (+5000) PeonLover is a name known to all. (+5000) PeonLover is a name known to all. (+5000) PeonLover is a name known to all. (+5000) PeonLover is a name known to all. (+5000) PeonLover is a name known to all. (+5000) PeonLover is a name known to all. (+5000) PeonLover is a name known to all. (+5000) PeonLover is a name known to all. (+5000) PeonLover is a name known to all. (+5000) PeonLover is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You have Lupus, even though its never Lupus.
    Team Super Awesome!
    There is no such thing as 'strong enough'

PL:565/385/716

If hard work pays off then easy work is worthless.

Take a look at what I did, now imagine what I'm about to do

Rawngus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rawngus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rawngus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rawngus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rawngus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rawngus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rawngus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rawngus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rawngus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rawngus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rawngus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by PeonLover View Post
    You have Lupus, even though its never Lupus.
    u steelin from dr house bro ?
    Stickeys are overrated

Kratos89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kratos89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kratos89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kratos89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kratos89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kratos89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kratos89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kratos89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kratos89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kratos89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kratos89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I remember reading that employing the Valsalva maneuver can actually cause detached retinas in some people or something.

If your vision didn't stay messed up, I'd say it's not that.
    Gym PRs:

Squat: 540 lbs
    Bench Press: 355 (TnG) / 352 lbs (paused)
    Deadlift: 605 lbs.
    Press: 225 lbs.

Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000) Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000) Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000) Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000) Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000) Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000) Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000) Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000) Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000) Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000) Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Kratos89 View Post
    I remember reading that employing the Valsalva maneuver can actually cause detached retinas in some people or something.
    There was actually a thread about this the other day, apparently the Valsalva maneuver can also cause cancer.

Luckily, however, it's also well known that squats cure cancer and so equilibrium is achieved in the lifter.
    Koyongi: I am going to accomplish this by following a haphazard training system, and forging elite fitness.

armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Fluster View Post
    There was actually a thread about this the other day, apparently the Valsalva maneuver can also cause cancer.

Luckily, however, it's also well known that squats cure cancer and so equilibrium is achieved in the lifter.
    Bro...
    See the curtains hangin' in the window, in the evenin' on a Friday night
    A little light a-shinin' through the window, lets me know everything is alright
    Summer breeze, makes me feel fine, blowing through the jasmine in my mind
    Summer breeze, makes me feel fine, blowing through the jasmine in my mind

Red for life
    Natty 4 life

GreyAndMild is not very well liked. (-100) GreyAndMild is not very well liked. (-100) GreyAndMild is not very well liked. (-100) GreyAndMild is not very well liked. (-100) GreyAndMild is not very well liked. (-100) GreyAndMild is not very well liked. (-100) GreyAndMild is not very well liked. (-100) GreyAndMild is not very well liked. (-100) GreyAndMild is not very well liked. (-100) GreyAndMild is not very well liked. (-100) GreyAndMild is not very well liked. (-100)
    Never had this personally but as others have said your body goes through immense strain while lifting heavy.

I mostly get it on squats, feeling like my head will pop it goes bright purple and my eyes feel like they will pop out.
    Squat - 180kg

Bench - 107.5kg

Deadlift - 195kg

78novacaine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 78novacaine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 78novacaine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 78novacaine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 78novacaine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 78novacaine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 78novacaine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 78novacaine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 78novacaine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 78novacaine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 78novacaine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    As others have said blood pressure spikes on heavy pulls are relatively normal. I had some eczema or something on my eyelids a few months ago and every time I pulled heavy it looked like I had black eyes the rest of the day from the area already being inflamed/thinner skin + the blood pressure spikes.
    Fat wannabe powerlifter
    Squat - Poverty
    Bench - Just fkn LOL
    Deadlift - Not as poverty