Thread: Soy Protein??

rawballer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawballer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawballer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawballer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawballer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawballer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawballer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawballer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawballer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Soy Protein??

I heard soy protein could make you fat or get man boobs and **** like that. Is that true?

Carousel is just really nice. (+1000) Carousel is just really nice. (+1000) Carousel is just really nice. (+1000) Carousel is just really nice. (+1000) Carousel is just really nice. (+1000) Carousel is just really nice. (+1000) Carousel is just really nice. (+1000) Carousel is just really nice. (+1000) Carousel is just really nice. (+1000) Carousel is just really nice. (+1000) Carousel is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by rawballer View Post
    I heard soy protein could make you fat or get man boobs and **** like that. Is that true?
    yes. if you eat 500 scoops a day the estrogen might make you have tits. OR it could be all the calories from the 500 scoops. who knows?

rawballer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawballer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawballer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawballer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawballer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawballer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawballer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawballer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawballer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Cuz I got this go lean crunch cereal and it has 9 grams of soy protein per serving. i don't know if I should be eating it or not.

user2557 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) user2557 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) user2557 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) user2557 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) user2557 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) user2557 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) user2557 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) user2557 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) user2557 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) user2557 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) user2557 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Actually

As a vegan I can tell you that most vegan men stay away from soy because it does promote estrogen in the body but as far as soy protein is concerned there are better sources to getting protein brown rice, hemp, nuts and seeds.
    Drop the soy it really isn't necessary and always take different plant proteins for variety

cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by okeeno View Post
    As a vegan I can tell you that most vegan men stay away from soy because it does promote estrogen in the body but as far as soy protein is concerned there are better sources to getting protein brown rice, hemp, nuts and seeds.
    Drop the soy it really isn't necessary and always take different plant proteins for variety
    bull****

im vegan and i get atleast 100g of protein a day from soy.

soy protein is not bad. does it increase estrogen, or recept with estrogen in some way? maybe. but like the other guy says, you'd have to get about 500 scoops a day to get to that point

soy, like everything else, is bad in extreme quantities.
    Vegan

"there are ZERO conclusive and definitive peer-reviewed studies proving detrimental effects of phytoestrogens in dietary soy intake"

Zelda55 is just really nice. (+1000) Zelda55 is just really nice. (+1000) Zelda55 is just really nice. (+1000) Zelda55 is just really nice. (+1000) Zelda55 is just really nice. (+1000) Zelda55 is just really nice. (+1000) Zelda55 is just really nice. (+1000) Zelda55 is just really nice. (+1000) Zelda55 is just really nice. (+1000) Zelda55 is just really nice. (+1000) Zelda55 is just really nice. (+1000)
    i'm vegetarian and get a good mix of all proteins. most of my protein comes from whey and casein (milk), but i do get in a good bit of tofurkey/kashi go lean/tofu, etc. pretty much on a weekly basis. admittedly, i'm paranoid about the connections to estrogen but yet you should know that there are ZERO reliable studies proving that soy protein increases estrogen...it's essentially a hunch (if i may put it so ineloquently in scientific terms).

anyways, for your purposes, certainly a couple cups of kashi go lean crunch and a serving of tofu every day will be beneficial...just mix it up and take in a wide variety of foods that meet your macros.

TRosey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm with the common opinion here. I personally do believe it does increase estrogen but you'd have to have A TON to actually get "man boobs" from it. You're totally fine with your cereal... more than fine in my opinion.

Bringing the jank to you! JankMan's Avatar
    JankMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JankMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JankMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JankMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JankMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JankMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Soy is not a health food. Soy is a poison.

Do not drink soy milk, do not eat tofu, do not cook with soybean oil, do not consume soy protein.

This is the abridged version, if you do some research you'll find out the truth. You'll go 100x further if you google it rather than post open-ended, low-content posts on this forum.

All the best.

cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JankMan View Post
    Soy is not a health food. Soy is a poison.

Do not drink soy milk, do not eat tofu, do not cook with soybean oil, do not consume soy protein.

This is the abridged version, if you do some research you'll find out the truth. You'll go 100x further if you google it rather than post open-ended, low-content posts on this forum.

All the best.
    you are a ****ing idiot
    Vegan

"there are ZERO conclusive and definitive peer-reviewed studies proving detrimental effects of phytoestrogens in dietary soy intake"

JankMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JankMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JankMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JankMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JankMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JankMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by cheeseandrice View Post
    you are a ****ing idiot
    I'm not an idiot, and let's not start a troll-war. Do your homework, google it up on Soy. You'll be surprised how bad it is for your health compared to animal protein.

Good luck.

I'm not an idiot, and let's not start a troll-war. Do your homework, google it up on Soy. You'll be surprised how bad it is for your health compared to animal protein.

Good luck.
    yeah try googling that the holocaust never happened

1000 un-reputable sources on google doesnt mean anything to me

all legumes contain lectin.. which is a toxin.. which is removed from soy in processing.

there is no way a diet high in soy and vegetable protien is less healthy than a high animal protein diet. no way in hell

and all these 'its been proven' claims are bull****. bunch of erroneous accounts done by who the hell knows. i know the truth about soy. atleast organic soy products. i dont know what this guy is talking about
    Vegan

Cuz I got this go lean crunch cereal and it has 9 grams of soy protein per serving. i don't know if I should be eating it or not.
    Don't eat that, especially at age 17.

Nutrition facts for GoLean Crunch by Kashi Foods:

1 cup:
    190 calories
    3.0g fat
    36g carbohydrate
    9.0g protein.

Of those 36g carbohydrate, an astonishing 13 grams are from sugar. 37% of the carbohydrate in this cereal are from sugar. 27% of the total calories in this cereal are from sugar. You're getting 52 calories of pure sugar, that is not good for you. Seriously man, what is the use of 9g of crappy soy protein when the same food has 13g of sugar?

Never mind the soy issues, that is a terrible breakfast.

My advice: have a three egg omlette with cheddar cheese for breakfast. It's got less calories, zero sugar, and will fill you up until noon or so (depending if you play sports in the morning).

cheeseandrice: I'm not denying the holocaust here. Godwin's law aside, I'm writing truth. Soy is not good for you. I understand that you're a vegan, but I encourage you to research about the phytoestrogens in soy products, the effects on your thyroid, and the effects of phytic acid on your bones. Soy is not healthy. Do not eat it.

Zelda55 is just really nice. (+1000) Zelda55 is just really nice. (+1000) Zelda55 is just really nice. (+1000) Zelda55 is just really nice. (+1000) Zelda55 is just really nice. (+1000) Zelda55 is just really nice. (+1000) Zelda55 is just really nice. (+1000) Zelda55 is just really nice. (+1000) Zelda55 is just really nice. (+1000) Zelda55 is just really nice. (+1000) Zelda55 is just really nice. (+1000)
    there are ZERO conclusive and definitive peer-reviewed studies proving detrimental effects of phytoestrogens in dietary soy intake. as far as the sugar, kashi cereal does not use pure cane sugar. although the evaporated cane juice they use in place of sugar isn't a "healthy food," 13g of it is nothing to shy away from in moderation.

Originally Posted by Zelda55 View Post
    there are ZERO conclusive and definitive peer-reviewed studies proving detrimental effects of phytoestrogens in dietary soy intake. as far as the sugar, kashi cereal does not use pure cane sugar. although the evaporated cane juice they use in place of sugar isn't a "healthy food," 13g of it is nothing to shy away from in moderation.
    You're recommending that a 17 year old should eat a breakfast that has more sugar than protein? WTF?

Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You're recommending that a 17 year old should eat a breakfast that has more sugar than protein? WTF?
    you gonna say that he shouldnt have milk either, on account that each serving contains 12 grams of sugar with only 8 of protein? its 13 grams. its not like he is throwing back Oreos and a Coke for breakfast. and whats so bad about a little sugar in the morning for a 17 year old? GoLean is a much better cereal, than say, Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

and eat your soy. its good for you. coming from an Asian family, i eat a lot of soy (edemame, fried tofu, tofu soup, miso, etc). on top of that, i am lactose intolerant, so i drink plenty of soy milk. hell, my mother buys wholesale cases of little boxes of flavored soy milk. i am not fat, nor do i have man boobs (but that is because of my workouts and diet.) for all those soy-haters out there, the Japanese consume a lot of soy and have done so for many generations, yet they seem to be either at the top or near the top for life expectancy. i prefer real life examples to scientific research, especially when i cannot understand the majority of what the research tries to say.

bulking on lechon and PB shoot2turtle's Avatar
    shoot2turtle is just really nice. (+1000) shoot2turtle is just really nice. (+1000) shoot2turtle is just really nice. (+1000) shoot2turtle is just really nice. (+1000) shoot2turtle is just really nice. (+1000) shoot2turtle is just really nice. (+1000) shoot2turtle is just really nice. (+1000) shoot2turtle is just really nice. (+1000) shoot2turtle is just really nice. (+1000) shoot2turtle is just really nice. (+1000) shoot2turtle is just really nice. (+1000)
    Soy is not poison.

I'm Asian. In my country (as well as in other Asian countries too) soy and soy derived products are a staple. It is eaten regularly and has been consumed for decades if not centuries by the local populace. Heck, almost every child in our country today grew up eating a soy based (in a soft tofu form) breakfast food called a taho.

If soy was poison how come people aren't keeling over and dying in the streets all over Asia?