Need Help? Customer Support 1-866-236-8417
    Registered User ChicagoWineGeek's Avatar
    ChicagoWineGeek is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChicagoWineGeek is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChicagoWineGeek is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChicagoWineGeek is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChicagoWineGeek is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChicagoWineGeek is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChicagoWineGeek is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChicagoWineGeek is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChicagoWineGeek is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChicagoWineGeek is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChicagoWineGeek is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Grass Fed Whey Protein - Anyone?

So ever since I read The Omnivore's Dilemma, Food Inc., and other books, I've seen the light and try and only eat grass fed beef. Primarily because of the Omega 3/6 ratio, CLA content and the fact that I don't want to eat beef that has been pumped full of hormones, steroids, and antibiotics.

I've been a fan of this protein:

--Not enough posts to be able to include a link. Google Defense Nutrition and the product is Warrior Milk.

and was wondering if anyone else went this route. My motivation is it would seem that whey from cows that haven't been given a lot of drugs would have to be better for you. Especially given how much you need to consume.

Any other opinions?

Thanks in advance.

Registered User Splitting_Heads's Avatar
    Splitting_Heads is on a distinguished road. (+10) Splitting_Heads is on a distinguished road. (+10) Splitting_Heads is on a distinguished road. (+10) Splitting_Heads is on a distinguished road. (+10) Splitting_Heads is on a distinguished road. (+10) Splitting_Heads is on a distinguished road. (+10) Splitting_Heads is on a distinguished road. (+10) Splitting_Heads is on a distinguished road. (+10) Splitting_Heads is on a distinguished road. (+10) Splitting_Heads is on a distinguished road. (+10) Splitting_Heads is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up All Natural Grass Fed Whey.

I have that book sitting on my desk right now. Been meaning to read it but I have yet to do so.

I have been using All Pro Science's Grass Fed Whey for about a year now and I really like it, but I can't say that I like the price. They're generous about giving you coupon codes and special offers but it still comes out to about $60 for 20 servings, which is of course about $3 a serving. It's not too bad when you break it down as long as you're not comparing it to other brands.

Bottom line, I feel good about drinking it, and I would definitely recommend it, as long as you don't mind shoveling out the cash.

Let me know if you find something better and cheaper!
    Willing is not enough; we must do. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. -Bruce Lee

ChicagoWineGeek is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChicagoWineGeek is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChicagoWineGeek is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChicagoWineGeek is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChicagoWineGeek is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChicagoWineGeek is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChicagoWineGeek is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChicagoWineGeek is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChicagoWineGeek is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChicagoWineGeek is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChicagoWineGeek is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks for the recommendation. They have some great control on pricing. Google it and everyone is at $59.99. How do you get coupon codes? I couldn't find anywhere on their website to "sign up" for anything. I just might have to give this a try.

Ok, wait. I just read some feedback on the All Pro website. 60mg of cholesterol per scoop. Compared to zero per scoop in the Platinum Hydrowhey I currently us. What's up with that??

eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    IMO you are over thinking it. A better option imo would be to find the highest quality whey and use it sparingly (say pre or post workout). And go with your choice of organic or free range food the rest of the time.

I've been using ON Platinum Hydrowhey, which I think is about the highest quality that I've found. But "use it sparingly" goes against the "consume 1 - 1 1/2 grams of protein per pound of body weight" to gain lean muscle mass. I can't eat 277 grams of protein per day with chicken breasts and egg whites. And we do go free range/organic as much as possible. I spend a stupid amount of money at whole foods and our local farmer's market.

eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ChicagoWineGeek View Post
    I've been using ON Platinum Hydrowhey, which I think is about the highest quality that I've found. But "use it sparingly" goes against the "consume 1 - 1 1/2 grams of protein per pound of body weight" to gain lean muscle mass. I can't eat 277 grams of protein per day with chicken breasts and egg whites. And we do go free range/organic as much as possible. I spend a stupid amount of money at whole foods and our local farmer's market.
    Well, there is your trade off. One option would be to reduce the amount of protein you consume (to say 1 gram per pound of lean body mass). Use carbs around workouts to make up the calories and for their protein sparing effect.

ps - I have read the book and from the sound of it, you are already ahead of most people. The changes I made to my diet were more around removing processed foods and being smarter about what "organic" items I purchase.

sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ChicagoWineGeek View Post
    You seem to have painted yourself into a corner

SeptiyoLaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Gress ged

I found gress fed whey on google by Transparent lab.

Maybe help