Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Are most gyms busy in the morning?

I decided to try something different today, so I went to the gym before work for the first time. I thought it'd be empty and I'd have the place to myself. But it was the busiest I've ever seen it! I managed to get through my workout, but I couldn't believe how busy it was. Is morning the most busy time in most gyms? Or is my gym the exception?
    My Blog:
    http://want-2-b-healthy.blogspot.com/

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Byakuya View Post
    I decided to try something different today, so I went to the gym before work for the first time. I thought it'd be empty and I'd have the place to myself. But it was the busiest I've ever seen it! I managed to get through my workout, but I couldn't believe how busy it was. Is morning the most busy time in most gyms? Or is my gym the exception?
    Well you have "morning people" the "lunch rush"and then you have the "after work crowd'

Different people have different peak energy times so it really depends.

M3FTW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) M3FTW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) M3FTW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It might be the whole new year thing. Mine is pretty slow from 6-730am and starts picking up at 8am till around 10am. Yesterday and today were people I haven't ever seen in there so I'm thinking it might be a New Year Resolution thing

oilerfan780 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oilerfan780 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oilerfan780 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oilerfan780 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oilerfan780 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oilerfan780 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oilerfan780 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oilerfan780 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oilerfan780 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oilerfan780 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oilerfan780 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

nope

I promise you its because of New Years. If your gym is not half as bussy at that time of the day, by the end of February, I'll eat my boot!
    9% or BUST!

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam greyhair's Avatar
    greyhair is just really nice. (+1000) greyhair is just really nice. (+1000) greyhair is just really nice. (+1000) greyhair is just really nice. (+1000) greyhair is just really nice. (+1000) greyhair is just really nice. (+1000) greyhair is just really nice. (+1000) greyhair is just really nice. (+1000) greyhair is just really nice. (+1000) greyhair is just really nice. (+1000) greyhair is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by M3FTW View Post
    It might be the whole new year thing. Mine is pretty slow from 6-730am and starts picking up at 8am till around 10am. Yesterday and today were people I haven't ever seen in there so I'm thinking it might be a New Year Resolution thing
    Similar by me

5:00 am: 3 people
    7:00 am: 15 people
    8:00 am: 30+

Beyond that I don't know, I'm never there past 8.
    But those who fight for right must remember St. Augustine's sage words,
    "right is right even if no one is doing it...and wrong is wrong even if every one is doing it!"
    -----------
    Got Causality?
    -----------
    God, Duty, Honour, Country

Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    oh yeah, I was forgetting about the Resolution crowd.. maybe I'll try going in the morning again in a few months to see what it's like.. I normally go around 3:30 and it's not busy at all..
    My Blog:
    http://want-2-b-healthy.blogspot.com/

ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Depends on what you mean by morning because when I was attending a gym, there was a big difference between 6am and 7am.I was usually just finishing up at 7 when the place was getting busy. Also, I agree the New Years rush is in effect.

TorontoBruce is on a distinguished road. (+10) TorontoBruce is on a distinguished road. (+10) TorontoBruce is on a distinguished road. (+10) TorontoBruce is on a distinguished road. (+10) TorontoBruce is on a distinguished road. (+10) TorontoBruce is on a distinguished road. (+10) TorontoBruce is on a distinguished road. (+10) TorontoBruce is on a distinguished road. (+10) TorontoBruce is on a distinguished road. (+10) TorontoBruce is on a distinguished road. (+10) TorontoBruce is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Gauranteed to be the NY Resolution crowd. For the next month, mid-Feb at the most. I've found 7 a.m. at gyms I've used isn't as busy as after work, because you don't get the stand-and-model crowd in the a.m. The people who get up that early are serious about working out.

cut.copy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cut.copy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cut.copy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cut.copy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cut.copy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cut.copy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cut.copy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cut.copy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cut.copy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cut.copy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cut.copy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Mine is packed late afternoon-early evening.

Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50) Klayfish will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Really depends on time. I'm at my gym at 5:30am. There are about 10 people there total, of which 8 are on the treadmill, bike, etc... By 7:00am, that number is around 25. I'm not there, but I've heard that at lunch, it's a mob scene.

BJC22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BJC22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BJC22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BJC22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BJC22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BJC22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BJC22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BJC22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BJC22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BJC22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BJC22 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by M3FTW View Post
    it might be a New Year Resolution thing
    ^
    THIS

I'm amazed at how much it has picked up at my gym at 4:30 AM. I keep wanting to yell at these people "DON'T YOU KNOW THIS IS MY GYM?! GO AWAY!!!"

"You can take the fat off a man's body, but you can't take the fat out of his head."

TorontoBruce is on a distinguished road. (+10) TorontoBruce is on a distinguished road. (+10) TorontoBruce is on a distinguished road. (+10) TorontoBruce is on a distinguished road. (+10) TorontoBruce is on a distinguished road. (+10) TorontoBruce is on a distinguished road. (+10) TorontoBruce is on a distinguished road. (+10) TorontoBruce is on a distinguished road. (+10) TorontoBruce is on a distinguished road. (+10) TorontoBruce is on a distinguished road. (+10) TorontoBruce is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Angry

Originally Posted by BJC22 View Post
    ^
    THIS

I'm amazed at how much it has picked up at my gym at 4:30 AM. I keep wanting to yell at these people "DON'T YOU KNOW THIS IS MY GYM?! GO AWAY!!!"

LOL, yeah, and then they take your favorite spot in the locker room, favorite shower and sink to shave at. Man, it's a p-o to have strangers disrupt a comfortable routine.

BJC22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BJC22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BJC22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BJC22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BJC22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BJC22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BJC22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BJC22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BJC22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BJC22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BJC22 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by TorontoBruce View Post
    LOL, yeah, and then they take your favorite spot in the locker room, favorite shower and sink to shave at. Man, it's a p-o to have strangers disrupt a comfortable routine.
    I just keep reminding myself that 75% of them will be gone in 4-6 weeks.
    "You can take the fat off a man's body, but you can't take the fat out of his head."

todda74 is on a distinguished road. (+10) todda74 is on a distinguished road. (+10) todda74 is on a distinguished road. (+10) todda74 is on a distinguished road. (+10) todda74 is on a distinguished road. (+10) todda74 is on a distinguished road. (+10) todda74 is on a distinguished road. (+10) todda74 is on a distinguished road. (+10) todda74 is on a distinguished road. (+10) todda74 is on a distinguished road. (+10) todda74 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've been a few times in the mornings and it is not nearly as busy as the evenings. From 4-7 its really busy.

markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Byakuya View Post
    Our gym is always packed @ 6am. most of them are contractors or people just getting a jump start to their day.

TN_WORKOUT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TN_WORKOUT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TN_WORKOUT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TN_WORKOUT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TN_WORKOUT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TN_WORKOUT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TN_WORKOUT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TN_WORKOUT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TN_WORKOUT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TN_WORKOUT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TN_WORKOUT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just remember that Monday's are National Bench Press Day!

You might want to adjust your routine so you can avoid arm curls and bench press on Monday's.

I'm told that my gym is busiest after work (5PM ish). That's why I workout in the mornings.

Another thing to consider is the group exercise (aerobic) schedule. Lots of folks try to squeeze in a little workout immediately before and after the popular classes.
    Last edited by TN_WORKOUT; 01-05-2010 at 12:50 PM.

BazzaW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BazzaW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BazzaW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BazzaW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BazzaW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BazzaW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BazzaW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BazzaW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BazzaW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BazzaW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BazzaW has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    At my gym this morning I was the only person there at 6.45 am it was bliss!!!..go in there fter 5.00 pm and its a bun fight for the equipment

The Cake Is A Lie! StressMonkey's Avatar
    StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The guy who gave me a tour of my gym was so proud when he revealed that the gym opened at some ungodly hour in the morning (5? 6am?). I've never seen what a gym is like in the morning.
    There will come a day when I tire of listening to 80's music. That day is not today.

I Really Miss The Old BodySpace

-O35 5'8" Crew- -Karl_Hungus Crew-

rescueone is on a distinguished road. (+10) rescueone is on a distinguished road. (+10) rescueone is on a distinguished road. (+10) rescueone is on a distinguished road. (+10) rescueone is on a distinguished road. (+10) rescueone is on a distinguished road. (+10) rescueone is on a distinguished road. (+10) rescueone is on a distinguished road. (+10) rescueone is on a distinguished road. (+10) rescueone is on a distinguished road. (+10) rescueone is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I usually go early in the morning between 05:30-0700 and it is usually busy, but most of the people there are attending classes or doing Cardio. So I usually do not have to wait for equipment. I find mid afternoon is a good time as well. Night time just plane SUCKS at my gym. Way too busy.
    A healther life means a longer life!

LTSPLA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i found that gyms are more busier in the morning then at night.... or the afternoon

rebelynn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rebelynn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My gym has lots of tennis players in the morning but not many in the machines/weights rooms, at around 5PM though its crazy and its all about waiting for equipment to get your workout done.