Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    CamMcIntyre will become famous soon enough. (+50) CamMcIntyre will become famous soon enough. (+50) CamMcIntyre will become famous soon enough. (+50) CamMcIntyre will become famous soon enough. (+50) CamMcIntyre will become famous soon enough. (+50) CamMcIntyre will become famous soon enough. (+50) CamMcIntyre will become famous soon enough. (+50) CamMcIntyre will become famous soon enough. (+50) CamMcIntyre will become famous soon enough. (+50) CamMcIntyre will become famous soon enough. (+50) CamMcIntyre will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Post Cam gets more fit...log/thread version

Hello,

As all the numbers indicate, I'm a newbie to this site. I worked out regularly when I lived in the dorm, about 3 years ago...started back in September. Joined a gym in late November (week of Thanksgiving).

I'm using this as a log for the 1st Transformation Group as well as the New Year Jan 1st-March 1st Fat Loss Transformation.

My goal for the January 1st to March 1st Transformation is 30 pounds off. My longer term goal is to get my body fat down to 12% from the current 22%. When I reach that point, I feel I will be able to judge whether or not I should strive to lose more.

Starting Numbers:
    Height 6ft
    Weight 192...I went up.
    BF: 22% (according to my scale, I'm buying some calipers come pay day)

Goal Numbers:
    Weight: 157 (what a program said I'd need to weight to reach 12% BF)
    BF: 12%
    Last edited by CamMcIntyre; 01-04-2010 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Starting Numbers

CamMcIntyre will become famous soon enough. (+50) CamMcIntyre will become famous soon enough. (+50) CamMcIntyre will become famous soon enough. (+50) CamMcIntyre will become famous soon enough. (+50) CamMcIntyre will become famous soon enough. (+50) CamMcIntyre will become famous soon enough. (+50) CamMcIntyre will become famous soon enough. (+50) CamMcIntyre will become famous soon enough. (+50) CamMcIntyre will become famous soon enough. (+50) CamMcIntyre will become famous soon enough. (+50) CamMcIntyre will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Day 1/Jan 4th...first food log day

So, I'm trying something that will be eye opening. I am logging food & workouts in two places. Here and at 411fitness.uncc.edu . I am including supplements in this as well.

Breakfast/preworkout (9:30AM)
    Clif Bar Peanut Butter Crunch-not typical...I felt lazy
    Protein Shake of 1 scoop ON Whey with 1 serving CGT-10 in water.

Post Workout (2:30PM-immediately post workout while walking to bus to get home)
    1 scoop whey w/1 scoop NitroCore 24 with 1 serving CGT-10 in shaker

Lunch (3:45PM)
    Foot Long Double Meat Oven Roasted Chicken Breast w/lettuce & tomatoes.
    Water to drink
    Vitamin, fish oil, glucosamine supplements.

Afternoon/early evening snack (6PM)
    1 cup Bite Size Frosted Shredded Wheat

Dinner (8PM)
    1/2 quick oats w/1 scoop whey

Evening Snack/Before Bed (will take it about 10:15PM)
    1 Scoop Nitrocore 24 w/water.

From after lunch through about 8:45PM, I have had 5 cups of tea. 2 Irish Breakfast Blends, 2 Green Tea, and 1 Lemongrass Green Tea. 96 ounces of tap water.

Macros/Nutritional Breakdown for the day:
    Calories: 2160, Carbs:260 (46.3%) Fat: 38.5 (15.37%) Protein: 217 (38.5%) Sodium: 3020.
    Goals c/o 411fit: cal 2173, carb: 217 (40%), fat: 48 (20%), protein: 217 (40%), sodium: 2300.

My review:

Breakfast needs work. Normally, I have 1/2 a cup of granola and drink 1 scoop of whey. Prior to this year, I didn't eat breakfast regularly.

Lunch was massive compared to my typical goal. I strive to eat about 300-400 calories per meal. This threw off my plan for the rest of the day. Dinner was an experiment...it wasn't horrible, but wasn't the most tasty thing I have ate. That being said, I could see myself eating that as a breakfast.

The Subway sandwich had a TON of sodium! Like, that one sub had more than my target number in sodium. I think if I didn't do double meat, it would be much closer...or see what sodium numbers the wraps have. However, it did have 76 grams of protein. Sodium has been something I am consistently high in. I want to bake a turkey & a chicken so that I can get the meat without all the sodium.

For the exact supplements that I am taking, check out my BodySpace, as they are all listed.

Day 1/Jan 4th exercise log

I left for the gym at about 10:45AM. I had to wait for the bus for a bit...my work out started at 11:40AM and ended at 2:10PM.

I did 2 sessions of 25 mins each on the stair stepper/jog/run thing machine. I don't know what it is called, but I do it on intervals between 1 & 7 with a long stride/run motion using the handles. I strive to keep the calorie counter at 12-13/per minute. According to the machine, I burn 625 calories using the machine for that amount of time. I do my first session when my chest/arms feel fatigued. After that session, I do one more round of a few compound upper body exercises (chins, pullups, dips) until I feel like I can't do anymore. Typically fewer than 5 reps per exercise. I then do a final session. That ends my workout for the day.

The strength side. the rest of my time at the gym roughly 100 minutes (including rests).
    I need to add more structure to this side of things. I don't keep track of my reps or sets for the bulk of the exercises. I do them until I can't get another rep out with proper form or straining.

Low Pulley Rows: warm ups (3 reps per weight) at 30, 50, and 80. 100 pound work set w/5 reps, if that feels fine, I bump to 120 and do as many as I can, typically less than 4. I come back to this station throughout the workout doing the 100 pound/120 pound sets again. I shoot to come back at least 3-4 sets depending on how my arms and chest are feeling.

Dumbbell side shrugs with 45 pounds per arm 8 reps, 50 pounds per arm as many as I can. I come back and do this again...at least 3-4 sets.

EZ-Bar front shrugs: 60 pound bar 10 reps, 80 pounds aim for 5 reps-if I can do more I bump to 100 and do as many as I can...typically less than 4 again. I do 1-2 more sets of EZ Bar front shrugs thoughout the workout.

EZ Bar Curls: 40 (5 reps) 60 (typical 5-7). 1 more set later in the workout.

Dumbbell curls: 20 (5 reps), 25, 30 (as many as I can). 1 more set later on.

Assisted Chins/Dips/Pullups (45 pounds of assist): As many as I can, Chins/Pullups normally 4 is as many as I can get at once. Dips, it varies closer to 5-6 is my average. I come back for 3-4 more sets throughout the workout.

Back Extensions with 18 pound kettle ball: 15 reps I come back and do 2 more sets.

Squats on the Hack Slide Machine. I don't feel confident/safe enough to do heavy barbell squats without a spotter or having training in proper technique. I am planning on paying a personal trainer to teach me proper form for squats and dead lifts. Until then, I am doing machine versions....Full squats on the machine: 90, 180, 270 warm up sets (3 reps/each), 360 (3 reps), 450 (3 reps), 540 (as many as I can, 5-8 typical). Half squats: 450 (3 reps), 500 (3 reps) , 540 (3 reps), 590 (3 reps), 630 (as many as can...6-10 typical). 630 is as much weight as will fit on the machine. I do at least 3 sets of these throughout the workout. This is also my personal favorite exercise-I feel safe enough to push myself to the limit and can read my body really well for this exercise. Between the heavier weights, I take at least 30 seconds rest and normally 1 minute before the final heavy weight.

Trap Push: 70 (3 reps), 90 (3 reps), 115 (as many as can 5-8 typical). 2 more sets throughout the workout.

Trap Pull Down (I think...not sure what it is): 50 pounds as many as possible, 2 sets total.

Chest Press (machine): (3 reps) 50,70,90, 100, 110 (as many as can 3-5 typical) 2 more sets throughout the workout.

Torso Twist/Rotation: 90 (5 reps), 110 (3 reps), 130 (10 reps). Only set.

Hanging Knee Raises: 15 reps/ 3 sets spread out.

Shoulder Press (machine): 3 reps each 30, 50, 60, 70, 75, 80 (as many as can 3-4 typical). 2 more sets throughout the workout.

Pec Deck (machine): 3 reps each 70, 90, 110, 130 (as many as I can 5-8 typical).

Hip Abductor (spread and closing legs ones): warm up: 110 jumping up 2 plate increases w/3 reps until 315 with 10 reps per set. 1 more set after initial.

I had a bit of a minor headache afterward, but otherwise felt fine. I continually drink water from the fountain during my workout. Normally, every 15-20mins get a few sips. As of right now, I'm not sore.

My goal for when I leave is to not be able to do another rep on chins/pull ups, squats (500 pounds), and rows (100 pounds). This is what I consider to be my heavy lifting day.

According to 411Fitness & the machines: I burned 625 calories on the cardio side and approximately 650 calories on the strength side. I am not holding those numbers to have much leverage.
    Last edited by CamMcIntyre; 01-04-2010 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Final numbers...

Day 2/Jan 5th Food Log

Breakfast
    1/2 cup quick oats mixed with 1 scoop ON Whey
    Cal: 260 Carb:29g Fat:3.5g Protein:29g Sodium 60mg

Morning Snack
    Cliff Mojo Bar Peanut Butter Pretzel (1 bar)
    Cal:250 Carb:42g Fat:6g Protein:11g Sodium:230mg

Lunch
    2 med baked potatoes w/6 slices deli turkey
    Cal:406 Carb: 76 g Fat: 3 g Protein: 19g Sodium:508 mg
    Vitamin, Fish Oil, Glucosamine taken.

Afternoon Snack
    Clif Mojo Bar Peanut Butter Pretzel
    1 Scoop ON Whey in water
    Cal: 320 Carb:24 g Fat: 10 g Protein:34 g Sodium: 290 mg

Dinner
    Chunky Soup Sirloin Burger with Country Vegetables
    2 Scoops ON Whey in Water (roughly 30mins after dinner)
    Cal: 500 Carb: 44 g Fat: 6g Protein:66 g Sodium: 940 mg

Evening Snack/Before Bed
    1 Scoop NitroCore 24
    Cal: 190 Carb: 13 g Fat: 5 g Protein: 24 g Sodium: 140 mg

Water: 96 ounces
    Tea: 2 cups green tea, 1 cup black tea

Total Cal: 1926 Carb: 228g (47%)Fat: 33 g (15%) Protein: 183g (38%) Sodium:2168 mg

My review: Nearly all of my protein came from supplements today....and I was pretty low in protein compared to goal. Sodium was in check, but calories were close. I need to eat more meat on a regular basis. So, I made a whole chicken tonight and will be taking it in for lunch this week. Chicken sandwiches at the office.

Day 2/Jan 5th Exercise

So, I decided to do an additional cardio day today. Normally, I only do cardio on the days that I lift. I am adding at least 1 extra cardio only day per week, ideally outside.

Today, I had planned on doing a 30 min walk/jog around my neighborhood. It was feeling great so I kept setting new goals while I was going...30 mins became a 2hr 15min walk/jog/sprint festival. 60% walking, 30% jogging, 10% sprinting. The distance covered was about 7.4 miles (thank you google maps).

This was a VERY enjoyable way to spend the time. I went from my apartment to an area that I haven't been in about 6-7 months. It was beautiful. I'm excited to do the same thing, but bringing my camera so I can take some pictures along the way.

Jan 6th food

So, after watching the 2010 Fat Loss Video Trainer/Guide thing last night, i decided I would plan my meals the night before...and figure out the numbers for them.

Wakeup
    1/2 cup oats w/1 scoop whey

8AM-right before I leave for work
    1 scoop whey

10AM-right before my shift starts
    1 cup shredded wheat

Lunch (1PMish)
    2 slice 12 grain wheat bread w/4 oz chicken (I baked one last night-NOT deli meat)

2PM Snack
    1 scoop whey

4PM snack (end of shift)
    1 scoop whey

6PM Dinner
    Can of Chunky Soup-Sirloin Burger w/Country Vegetables
    Vitamin, fish oil, glucosamine pills

Pre-workout shake
    1 scoop whey
    1/2 cup oats
    1 serving CGT-10

Post-Workout Shake
    1 scoop whey
    1 scoop Nitrocore 24
    1 serving CGT-10

Before Bed
    1 scoop Nitrocore 24

It was nice. Planning ahead helped a LOT because there wasn't any question about what I would eat and when.

Jan 6th exercise

So, today, my calves/lower legs were quite sore. It was like they were saying "Please don't work us tonight!" so instead of going to the gym, I did an at home workout. This way I was able to work my upper body and legs still without hitting the cardio or well-walking as much....the catch, I don't have much equipment at my apartment. I do body weight exercises and I have 2-15 pound dumbbells.

I did:

30 pushups

3 sets of 15 dumbbell curls

2 sets of 20 prisoner squats

50 sit ups

2 sets of 20 step ups

planks as long as I could, 3 times

This wasn't much. I need to hit the gym on Friday or even go Thursday to make up the day. I feel like if my legs are still sore, I'll figure out a way to work around it, whether it is doing a different form of cardio or just if something hurts, NOT do it.

trisuni has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trisuni has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trisuni has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trisuni has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trisuni has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trisuni has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trisuni has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trisuni has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trisuni has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trisuni has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trisuni has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey man,

Not sure if this helps but your workouts seem to be full body routines, if your that sore why not do upper body then lower body rotation. That way you can really work it to death and have more days to rest.

For the first 2 weeks your muscles really are sore but in my (very limited) experience this starts to lessen as they become used to being worked out. Also creatine really helps with the speed of recovery.

I prefer to do split routine and work different muscle groups on different days but this is because I like shorteer workouts that I can do during my lunch break. I would never spend 3 hours or so in the gym in one session I just find it to boring.

Keep it up though man!

Thanks!

I've been digging the full body workouts because I normally have at least 2 days off that fall on my workout days where I can be at the gym and just hit it hard. I go, get in my mental zone, and the time flies by. After my workout, I come home and do homework or practice for awhile...cleaning and doing laundry as needed.

One of the days-where I go after work (yesterday), I go in, do a reduced chunk of cardio (20-25 mins) after a "to the point" strength session. Those days, I focus on compound lifts and hitting it at my max intensity for the entire time doing circuits. Whatever isn't "ready'' to be hit again, gets a break while I do more of whatever is ready. E.g. if I do pullups & chinups, do a set of leg press or squats, if my arms are still not recovered, I'll do another leg type exercise or something that focuses on a different part of my arms/chest without breaking the circuit. This way, I can get in and out in less than 2 hours. The gym closes at 10PM and I want to be out by 9:30PM, I can normally get there by about 7:15PM, so that gives me juuuuuust enough time.

The soreness was an exception. On Tuesday, I went for a 7.4 mile jog/walk/sprint fest and spent 2hrs 15mins going at it...normally, I do no more than 40mins of elliptical or something similar. I think one of my biggest mistakes was NOT taking creatine, CGT10, or even a protein shake immediately after that.

On strength, and starting now, cardio days-I take CGT-10 in my pre & post workout shakes. On my rest days, I take just creatine with my 1st morning shake.

A side comment/thought-I've thought about switching gyms to one of the 24/7 ones by me that way I can actually hit the gym on Saturday & Sunday vs now, I can't because they are closed before I get home. The cost would be higher ($40ish vs. my current $20), but the idea of being able to go anytime is pretty great. The other one is also bigger, but the customer service and environment has been reviewed pretty poorly on Yelp. Really, my only complaint about my current gym is that they close at 10PM Monday-Thursday, 9PM Friday, and 5PM on Saturday/Sunday. Layout, staff, equipment, crowd size (I go mid-morning 2/3 days a week), etc-I dig.

Jan 7th Food

Jan 7th's food was identical to the 6th until we hit 2PM.

I did not take whey protein again until my evening scoop of Nitrocore 24.

My stomach wasn't feeling quite right, so I opted for food that I knew would get a desired reaction. This time, it was some greasy McDonald's. Mission accomplished. However, it was a calorie & fat bomb.

No exercise on the 7th.

Jan 8th Food

Breakfast: Clif Mojo Bar

10+ cups of tea. I lost track. I had at least 6 cups of Mate tea and then another 3-4 of oolong and green tea. I hit up Teavana last night and bought 4 kinds. I had some of ALL of them today. The mate was My Morning Mate, as much caffeine as a cup of coffee.

Lunch: Spaghetti with Meat Balls. Yeah, I ate waaaaaaay too many carbs today.

Didn't eat a snack. I felt like with the mass quantities of calories and carbs from lunch, I would be good until post workout.

Post Workout Shake
    1 scoop whey, 1 scoop Nitrocore 24, 1 serving CGT-10

Dinner
    1 can Chunky Soup Sirloin Burger

Pre-bed
    1 more scoop Nitrocore 24.

Jan 8th Exercise

Cardio: 1hr 10mins on the step/jog/run machine (I need to learn what it is called....) keeping my calories per minute thing between 12 & 13 while doing intervals. First 40 mins was between 1 & 4, last 30 mins was between 1 & 7. According to the machine, for the 70mins, I burned about 700 calories (forgot to write down the exact number for session #1).

Strength-I wrote things down for a change!

Dumbbell shoulder press 3 sets of 12, weights were 25, 35, 25 (per arm)
    Low pulley rows (3 sets of 12) weights: 100, 100, 105
    Dumbbell squats (to at least parallel if not, lower)-3 sets of 12. weights (per arm) 40, 50, 55
    Machine half squats: 5 sets of 3. weights: 270, 360, 450, 540, 540
    Dumbbell chest press, 3 sets of 12 weights: 30, 30, 35 (per arm)
    dumbbell shoulder shrugs:3 sets of 12. weights: 45, 50, 55
    pullups, 55 pounds of assist, 3 sets of 5.

I attempted straight leg dumbbell deadlifts, but didn't feel like I was using proper form...I need to rewatch the videos on how to do them.

My knees are more sore tonight than normal.

Some observations:

I need to figure out what is going to work for me food intake wise. Taking in so many scoops of whey was giving me a bit of stomach upset. 3 scoops a day of it and I'm good, when I start taking 6+ a day-I start to just feel a bit off. I'm looking for sources of easy to eat protein that I can use at work and at home. I'm looking into making my own beef jerky (if it is cost efficient) and am exploring the options. I have quite a bit of beef in my freezer c/o my Grandpa, so I'll be making a healthier version of a meatloaf soon.

My weight has gone up quite a bit, yet a quick measurement check (waist, hips, chest, arms) show no change. Like, when I weighed myself a few mins ago-I've gained 4 pounds this week. I'm hoping that it is muscle or water...I've been making an effort to drink at least 110 ounces of water a day on my days off and 80 ounces when I am at work (some days, I work by myself...so I can't go to the bathroom every 20mins or whatever it feels like when I drink 100+). However, if it is fat-looks like I just need to work harder and be more careful with my food intake.

Monday was pretty good, I hit cardio uber hard on Tuesday, hit the weights really light on Wednesday, and did more cardio tonight than normal with less weights. Tonight's weight workout took about 70mins with rests.

I've done some more reading on the concept of splits. I'm more inclined now than ever. I've been doing 3 days a week of full body since late November, so just over 5 weeks now. I feel like I need to get in more cardio days so that I can increase the speed at which I lose fat.

One of my friends, who is a trainer, asked me what my general body type goal was...that was the first time that I had put much thought into it. I feel like the easiest way to describe it would be to look at the Light-Heavy Weight UFC guys e.g. very lean, quite defined, yet not overly shredded/diced/whatever the word is, while still being very strong. That is a long term goal for me. I have no desire to compete in that sport what so ever, but that is the general look that I want to achieve.

Jan 9th Food Plan

So, I planned my meals for the 9th and I think this will work better for me than the previous days...I'm not relying on supplements for protein quite as heavily. The sodium numbers are still sky high though. I'm looking into making my own jerky.

I haven't mentioned this yet on this thread, but I have elsewhere...the reason you don't see milk or cottage cheese anywhere in my food plans. I have a very low lactose tolerance, but function like I am lactose intolerant so I don't have any surprises. I can handle fat free yogurt and occasion (seems random) certain cheeses. No actual milk though. I also have a milder level of IBS. No spicy or heavily spiced foods for me. Hence, lots of bland food or food that has strong flavors without spice. I love ginger on meats, so that works out nicely.

Here it is...

Breakfast: 7AMish
    1/2 cup granola
    Nitrocore 24 (1 scoop)
    CGT-10 1 serving (shooting for the glutamine to aid in recovery of legs as well as my creatine for the day)

Morning Snack: 11AMish
    1 oz beef jerky
    1/4 cup Granola

Lunch: 1PMish
    2 oz chicken
    2 slices 12 grain bread (Brownberry 12 grain)
    1 oz jerky

Afternoon Snack: 3PM
    1/4 cup granola
    1 oz jerky

Variable Snack-sometime between 4 & 6PM or I'll swap this with one of the earlier snacks...
    1 scoop whey
    1 scoop Nitrocore 24

Dinner: 7:30PM
    1 baked potatoe w/skin
    2 oz chicken
    This is when I'll take my supplement pills. Multivitamin, Glucosamine, Fish Oil, and an additional Vitamin D. I'll be switching from a reduced dose of the vitamin (2) to the normal (3).

Before Bed:10PM
    1 scoop Nitrocore 24
    1 scoop whey

Numbers: Cal:2100g Carb:216g Fat:48g Protein: 210g Sodium: 2737mg

Goal Water: 96-128 oz
    Goal Tea: 3 cups black, 3 cups green

I hit up Teavana on Thursday and got a variety. I'm planning on having 1 cup of Mate (high caffeine) when I first get up, I'm bringing 2-3 Irish Breakfast Blend bags with me to work, and then when I get home-I'll switch to Green Tea either Lipton Bags or the Teavana one.

Observations: If I can make my own jerky that has a similar protein & calorie profile with reduced sodium....I'll be golden, as long as it doesn't cost a ton of money. This bag of jerky (3 oz, Jack Links Original) was about $7.

I'm also hoping to go for a 30min walk Saturday evening if the sidewalks are clear enough.

I stuck with my meal plan!

I didn't go for a walk. My left knee is quite sore. So, I spent the evening relaxing. Sunday is a rest day from working out. Monday is the next day that I will be hitting it.

My mean plan for Sunday is the same as Saturday. I will post if anything changed/is different.

1-10-10 Food

So, I decided that today would be steak day...so I made some adjustments to take into account the calorie & fat bomb that I would be eating for dinner.

Breakfast (7AM)
    1/2 cup granola
    1 scoop Nitrocore 24

Morning Snack (11AM)
    1/2 granola

Lunch: (1:30PM)
    2 oz chicken
    2 slices 12 Grain Bread

Dinner (6:30PM)
    1/2 pound skirt steak with the fat trimmed off. Seasoned with ginger.
    1 small baked potato (dry)
    Vitamin, glucosamine, fish oil, vitamin D (extra)

At about 8PM my time, I'll take 1 scoop Nitrocore 24 & 1 scoop whey. Before bed, I'm taking 1 more scoop NitroCore24.

The numbers: Cal:2095 Carb: 199g Fat: 62g Protein: 191g Sodium: 1042mg
    37.5% carbs, 26.4% fat, 36.1% protein.

The nutritional info for the steak is taken from 411fit, the info for the chicken was taken from the back label. The chicken is from a whole bird that I fixed in the oven.

I'm on my first cup of oolong tea and I'm planning on at least 1-2 more...and then a few cups of green tea.

1-11-10 Food

Breakfast:
    1/2 Old Fashioned Oats
    1 scoop Nitrocore 24

Morning Snack:
    1 container Lucerne Light Yogurt
    1/2 granola
    1 scoop whey

Lunch:
    1 slice 12 grain bread
    2 TBSP Jif Natural Peanut Butter
    (a few mins later)
    1 scoop whey
    1 scoop NitroCore24
    Vitamin, Fish Oil, Glucosamine, Vitamin D pills

Afternoon Snack
    1 scoop whey
    1 scoop nitrocore

Dinner
    1 can Chunky Soup (Sirloin Burger w/Country Veggies-lowest sodium soup they make)

Before Bed
    1 scoop Nitrocore 24

The Numbers: Cal:2155 Carb: 222g Fat: 43 g Protein: 221.5 g Sodium: 2020 mg
    Macros: Carbs: 41% Protein 41% Fat 18%

Workout will depend on how my knee feels after running some errands. If it is still sore, I won't go to the gym, but will do a home light weight workout...and go to the doctor tomorrow because that will be 3 days of it being sore.
    Last edited by CamMcIntyre; 01-11-2010 at 12:56 PM.

1-12-10 Food

Breakfast
    1/4 cup granola
    1 container light yogurt
    1 scoop Nitrocore 24

Morning Snack
    1 slice 12 grain bread
    2 TBSP Jif Natural Peanut Butter
    1 Scoop Whey

Lunch
    6 inch Subway Oven Roasted Chicken Breast Sandwich w/lettuce and tomatoes
    1 Scoop Nitrocore 24
    Vitamin, Fish Oil, Glucosamine, Vitamin D.

Afternoon Snack
    1 scoop whey

Dinner
    1 can Chunky Soup-Sirloin Burger w/Country Vegetables (i love this stuff)
    1 Scoop Nitrocore 24

Evening Snack/Pre bed time
    1 container Light yogurt
    1 Scoop Nitrocore 24

The Numbers
    Cal: 2130 Carb: 221.5g Fat: 48g Protein: 211g Sodium: 2745mg
    Macro %: carb: 41%, fat 20% Protein 39%

My review: This works pretty well. I'm not hungry throughout the day, yet I'm also never stuffed. I have been drinking a LOT more tea and water. I'm on my 3rd cup of Mate` from Teavana called My Morning Mate. It has as much caffeine as a cup of coffee. On my days off, I have been drinking 3-5 cups of black tea, 2-3 of oolong, and 2ish of green. I switch to oolong around 4PM and then to green by 6PM.

I'm still looking for food forms of protein that are low in sodium and dairy free. I'm tempted to buy a food dehydrator and make my own jerky.

Fell off the wagon, gained a few pounds....getting back on.

So yeah, I fell off the wagon. My knees have been sore for the past several weeks, and the longer it has been since I have worked out, the worse my eating gets. I got tired of it.

I'll start posting my eating logs & workout logs again in a few hours (when I wake up for start of my return).

I gained about 5 pounds since falling off. My weight now fluctuates between 193 & 195.

Good afternoon ladies and gents.

I wanted to see if I would stick with it before posting my "new" eating habits.

Weight upon waking up today: 196.4-this was after breakfast and 20 oz of water.

I recalculated what my approx intake needs are with the goal of losing 2 pounds per week.

The numbers were quite a bit lower than I anticipated, and a hell of a lot lower than what I was eating.

My new goal numbers are: Calories: 1481, carbs:148 fats: 33 protein:148 sodium:2300.

I am trying to avoid taking protein powder, or at least drastically limiting the amounts. See, for the past while (late January through the start of March)-I wasn't consuming any protein powder. I took a shake of one of my proteins, and had a lactose related reaction....lots of gas & somewhat backed up for the bulk of a day. That was my night time shake, and out of courtesy to my coworkers & customers-I don't want that to happen again. It was also the first day where I had 3+ shakes in one day since early January. I know that is exactly what everyone wants to read, but I feel like it's pertinent information. I am gradually adding protein powders back in, but smaller amounts total.

My personal protein related goal is to only supplement with 2 scoops a day, and figure out a way to consume the other 100ish grams via food sources. E.g. right now, I'm drinking a shake that is 1 scoop whey and 1 container of light yogurt and I am getting some heart burn. Surprising, and I hope this discontinues...otherwise, it could be a long day.

I have learned a LOT about my digestive system, and well-the mind over matter side of things. See, I don't like eating veggies for the most part. My favorites are the starches. Potatoes, corn, peas, carrots. However, through some experimentation and realizations, I now know that I like lettuce and tomatoes. So, now those are becoming an integral part of my eating transformation...gradually adding more veggies to that mixture while having the meal based around chicken or lean beef. Something that I thought was odd is that I can't eat Rolled/Old Fashion Oats without getting a stomach ache and bad gas, yet I can eat quick oats no problem.

So, here's is what my typical intake looks like. Specifically, this is my work day meal plan.

Breakfast
    1/2 quick oats w/2 TBSP all natural peanut butter. Surprisingly enough, I have learned that I like Trader Joe's Unsalted Natural/Organic Peanut Butter better than the salted variety. It's also not too expensive.
    Calories: 340 Carbs: 33 Fats: 17.5 Protein: 14 Sodium: 45

Morning Snack/Afternoon Snack-I eat about half of this mixture in the morning, the other half on the train going home.
    3/4 cup Trader Joe's Low Fat Granola w/Almonds
    3 oz Jack Links Beef Jerky
    Calories:450 Carbs:53 Fats:6 Protein:49 Sodium:1845

Lunch
    12 grain bread (2 slices)
    1 TBSP Trader's Joes Peanut Butter (same kind as breakfast)
    Calories: 320 Carbs:45 Fats:10.5 Protein: 14.5 Sodium: 362.5

Dinner
    8 oz grilled chicken breast
    Calories: 220 Carbs:.2 Fats: 5 Protein:46 Sodium: 360

Evening Snack
    Light Yogurt
    Calories:90 Carbs:16 Fats: 0 Protein: 6 Sodium: 100

Totals: Calories: 1420 Carbs:147.7 Fats:39 Protein: 129.5 Sodium: 2712.5

Water: 140 oz. I drank 60 oz at work, 20 with breakfast, and then another 60 between getting home and going to bed. My body was rather surprised. I was peeing every 2 hours from when i woke up till about 8PM....and then it increased to what felt like every hour or 45mins till i went to bed around midnight.

So, I'm a little low in protein, a little high in fats, and a bit high in sodium. I need to expand my pallet. I am going to try eating a can of tuna w/yogurt. I take 2 Opti-Men Vitamins each day. One with breakfast and one with lunch. I take glucosamine and fish oil with dinner.

I will post my complete food for today this evening.

I just started taking MAN Scorch today. I took my first dose about 4 hours ago. I am wired as hell, so I'm going to pass on taking a second dose today. I have to work in the morning, so today is not a good day to find out "oh, I can fall asleep on it". The past two weeks-4 days per week, I have taken a green tea/chromium pill twice a day. If I took that after abotu 2PM, I would have a hard time falling asleep, so I figure since Scorch is probably a bit more intense than the one that I bought from CVS, I should use this as a test day.

My Scorch Observations, if this would be better in a separate log-let me know. I feel like it is fat loss related, so I'm including it here. I was shooting to log anything that felt out of the ordinary. So as what I have broadcasted more than I ever imagined, I have IBS and am Lactose Intolerant (moderately). I was looking for a fat burner that didn't have red/cayenne pepper/capsaicin in it. If I consume that stuff, I am miserable for days, and have to drastically alter my eating habits for at least a week till my system returns from hell. It's mainly, I can't eat much of anything. Foods that normally I'm fine with, if i am in an 'off' mode, can trigger bad responses.

I did some research on here, using Google, and finally checking out the various manufacturer websites, I decided that MAN Scorch fit the bill. Their bit about how raspberry ketones don't trigger the sane digestive discomfort was a MAJOR factor in me deciding on the product. My main considerations: no capsaicin #1, not a ton of pills, at least decent reviews on here, and not extremely expensive. I am just getting back into working out, I'm not nor do I desire to be a pro body builder/fitness athlete of any variety, and I wanted something to give me a bit of a boost going into my sister's wedding. I was a bit concerned about it containing Bioperine-whenever I see anything that is related to peppers, I approach with caution. This is why I opted to try this early on during a day that I don't work.

8:30AM-First Dose. Took 2 pills, 15mins after waking up on an empty stomach, took with 4 oz water
    Felt groggy as hell, not awake at all, wondering WHY I woke up so early on my day off. My right knee has been sore since last night. Could hear my stomach gurgle a bit more than normal, but not “uh oh” level.

9:15AM: had a slight tingling feeling go through my upper body....with a burst of energy, started to sweat a bit. I think this means it kicked in. I'm waiting to be certain that the pill has hit my intestines before I leave the house...IBS = once it hits intestines, I know whether or not I can take it again...and if I can leave the house.

9:30AM-gut feels a bit off. Not quite heart burn off, but not need to run to toilet. Nose is running like crazy...def a reaction to something in the pill.

10AM-stomach goes between feeling like I am about 15mins away from a dump to nothing at all...with pretty regular intervals at this point. I'm pretty wired, and am sweating a bit. It's like the room is a few degrees hotter than my normal.

10:45-11:30AM-first heavy strength workout back. Felt amazing. Energy was spiked, focus was amazing. It didn't feel like I had been in there 45mins. I switched gyms to one that is much closer to me, but as I learned today-a hell of a lot more busy during the times that I am typically there. I never had to wait for a machine. I am doing solely strength at the gym, and am doing Couch to 5K on the Lake front trails/my neighborhood for cardio.

At times during my workout, I started to feel slightly nauseous on 2-3. They lasted only a few moments, and went away after I took a few mins to just breath and sip my water.

11:45AM-stomach felt iffy...not sure if it's b/c I worked out hard or if it's the new pill.

12:55PM (as I am finishing up this post). I feel fine. I'm still pretty alert, but I feel a bit more tired now. My focus is still great. I don't feel like I am on something right now. I have a bit of heart burn, but I'm reasonably certain that is from the shake that I have been drinking, not the Scorch.

General observations: When the pills peaked-around 10:30-10:45AM, I was wired as hell. I was on the phone with my Mom, and I told her it felt like it was right between when i took ******** and a 32 oz Redbull (not at the same time). Extremely wired, yet not jittery, I felt like I could bounce off the walls a bit, able to focus and feel immersed in whatever I was doing, and definitely in a better mood. This week I have been more easily frustrated/annoyed, and my tolerance for idiots has been much lower than normal even though it has been an awesome week.

Body related observations: I did have an all over tingle/shiver when the pills started to kick in which was followed by starting to sweat. My stomach felt a bit off, but it wasn't too bad. I had a bit more gas than normal, but not anywhere near the level of gas of when I am having a lactose reaction. Not even the level of beer farts. I did start to have a head ache shortly after I took the dose, and I still have one. I am going to be sure to stay hydrated to ensure that it is caffeine related and not dehydration.

If, after a week, my body hasn't decided to reject Scorch, I'm tempted to stack it with Vaporize or whatever the V one made by Man is. If I sleep well this weekend, I'll try taking 2 pills twice a day on Monday as I have three days off in a row next week. I am planning on doing cardio later today (once heart burn clears up), and probably on Sunday.

If 2 pills twice a day messed with my sleep, but doesn't mess with my system, I'll consider taking the Animal PM stuff. Not sure on that though.

Meals for 3 12 10

Breakfast
    1/2 cup Oats w/ 3 tbsp peanut butter (natural/organic)

Post workout shake
    1 scoop whey
    1 container light yogurt
    1 serving CGT-10

Lunch
    1 can (4 oz) tuna
    1 cup light yogurt
    3/4 cup lowfat granola w/almonds
    Vitamins

Afternoon snack
    1 can (4 oz) tuna
    1/2 cup granola (same as above)

Dinner
    8 oz chicken breasts

Totals for the day:
    Calories: 1488.6 Carbs: 142.74 Fats: 39.98 Protein: 149.14 Sodium: 1782.

Water: as of 5PM I have drank 110 oz. I'll probably drink another 40-60 ounces tonight.

Numbers wise, this was pretty great. I was a bit high in fat, but everything else was fine. I feel like being 7 calories over is no big deal, and being low in sodium (hopefully) isn't a bad thing.

I need to figure out if the reason for some digestive discomfort is because I had a lot more dairy related items today than before, or if it was the Scorch. The post workout shake gave me moderate heart burn. I haven't been eating yogurt or taking whey much the past month and a half, so I'm thinking it might have been my body telling me to ease into it more.

On Monday, I am going to just take Scorch, and not eat any whey or yogurt. I am not going to consume any of those this weekend (I work every day of it). This way, if it is Scorch, I will be able to identify it as the cause rather than questioning if it was the trace amounts of lactose in whey and light yogurt.

I learned that I do still like tuna! This opens up more options for my at work meal. I figure, if I start to bring tuna, I will also stock up on breath mints...I don't want my breath to smell like cat food while I'm helping clients. I am going to see if I can find the reduced sodium variety that Chicken of the Sea markets. If I eat tuna and jerky on the same day, my sodium will be out of whack.

I am hoping that between this reduced calorie diet, strength training 3 days a week, and doing 30mins of cardio training 4 days a week, I'll be able to cut about 2 pounds per week of fat.

Workout from earlier today is getting posted in the next entry.
    Last edited by CamMcIntyre; 03-12-2010 at 03:17 PM.

strength training for 3 12 10

My workout today:

Leg Curls
    3 sets of 15 @ 75 pounds

Preacher curls
    2 sets of 10 @ 55 pounds

Inner/outer thigh machine thingy (close legs variety)
    2 sets of 15 @ 85 pounds

Chest press
    1 set of 15 @ 75
    1 set of 10 @ 75

Leg press
    single sets
    20 @ 110 pounds
    10 @ 150
    6 @ 210, 250, 280, 370, 390
    I felt like I could have gone heavier, but my heart was racing pretty quick so I took an extended rest.

Lat pull down
    2 sets of 15 @ 75 pounds

Hanging knee raises
    2 sets of 15

I was a little shaky at the end of the workout, and felt a little nauseous on the bus ride home. Not terribly so, but enough to opt to relax in my recliner for about an hour while watching Scrubs.

The gym was a bit busier than I expected, but it gives me an idea to work with. I'm going to try at least an hour earlier on Monday. I am also going to check out different workout plans so that I can use the time more effectively. This gym is only 10-20mins away from me depending on how long I have to wait for the train or bus, so the total time investment for the workout process is much shorter than before. My previous gym was 45-60mins away from me.

3 13 10 & Food

So, apparently yesterday worked pretty well. I realize the specific time is different today, but after breakfast & 20 oz of water, the scale said 194.4 .

My biceps and thighs are a little sore. Not horribly so, but I can feel it a bit.

Breakfast
    1/2 c quick oats, 2 tbsp peanut butter

morning snack
    1 slice 12 grain bread, 1 tbsp peanut butter

lunch
    1 (4 oz) can tuna
    1/2 cup low fat granola w/almonds

afternoon snack
    1.5 oz beef jerky
    1/2 cup low fat granola

dinner
    1 (4 oz) can tuna
    1/2 cup low fat granola

evening snack
    tbd-could use more protein, but I don't want to eat 3 cans of tuna in one day.

Calories:1287.9 carbs: 149.56 fats: 37.97 proteins:97.96 sodium: 2271.75

This will be the first time I didn't bring a sandwich for lunch at work. I also need to buy more chicken breasts, so I can keep eating those for dinner.

wp152wrester has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wp152wrester has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wp152wrester has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wp152wrester has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wp152wrester has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wp152wrester has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wp152wrester has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wp152wrester has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wp152wrester has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wp152wrester has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wp152wrester has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    good luck to ya man
    My Fat Loss Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121788051

I don't believe there's pleasure in life. I believe there's only a relief of pain. We have to suffer to be on top. -Geogres St. Pierre

observations/comments & food for 3-14-10

Thanks man. I know that I can achieve this, and get my lifestyle on a better path. The next "test" of it will be when I get slammed with rehearsals for my next musical (I play bass). I often go straight from work to the theatre. Last time, I relied pretty heavily on clif bars. This time, I'm looking into a MRP...I just get frustrated since I have food allergies, and have to extremely careful with dairy.

Food

Breakfast (7AM)
    1/2 cup oats
    1.5 TBSP peanut butter. I'm nearing the end of a jar of Trader Joe's Organic Salted Creamy Peanut Butter. The next jar I have is the same thing, but unsalted. I like the flavor of the unsalted better.

Lunch (1PM)
    2 slices 12 grain bread
    1 tbsp peanut butter

Snack (afternoon-3PM & morning snacks-10AM)
    3 oz beef jerky (2 oz in morning, 1 oz afternoon)

Evening Snack (around 5:30PM, on the train going home)
    Clif Builders Bar Peanut Butter

Dinner (7PM)
    1 chicken breast. If my calculations are accurate, I have been vastly underestimating the size of these. The packages have been 3-4 pounds, and contain 5-6 breasts. I thought they were 4 oz each (not sure where I got that number), but based off of those numbers, they'd be closer to 10 ounces each. I want to get a food scale to check this out.

Calories: 1340 Carbs: 115.95 Fats: 40.25 Protein: 137.25 Sodium: 2836.25

Water: 160 ounces.

Supplements taken: Upon waking green tea/chromium-I take this one work days instead of Scorch until I am certain of how my body reacts to Scorch, 1 Opti-Men with breakfast, 2 with dinner, fish oil & glucosamine also with dinner.

I realize this is blasphemy, but I am NOT currently taking a whey/protein powder. The last several times that I have taken them, my body has freaked out, so for the time being-I am focusing on eating as much meat as possible. I know that it is a lactose tolerance issue because before I stopped taking them, I was able to tolerate a LOT of it in a day, e.g. 5-6 scoops whey & 1-2 nitrocore 24 in a day no problem. I'm not willing to "test" 2 different supplements at once, as I like being able to isolate and determine exactly what is getting what reaction out of me.

I use 411fit.uncc.edu for tracking food & exercise. It is also where i got the calorie information for the chicken.

Observations
    More of the same. Jerky is sky high in sodium, but is great otherwise. I feel like finding snacks is the challenge. Once I can tolerate whey again, it will be much easier to hit the numbers. Between the Green tea & chromium on work days, and Scorch on my days off, the appetite suppression is going really well. I am finding that the main time I ever feel hungry is right before bed on evenings that I am up later than normal.

My body is gradually getting used to the amounts of water. I am not urinating as frequently.

I feel like I am having some issues with sleep quality. I think it's a mixture of the stimulants and the temperature in my apartment...which ties into the stimulants. I prefer to sleep in the frigid cold, yet my building is kept on the warm side. Add in that I am taking stimulants/thermogenics, and it makes it a bit more challenging. Once I am asleep, I rarely wake up.

Not sure how many people on here have an iPhone or iPod Touch (I have a touch), but I am using the Sleep Cycle Alarm clock instead of my normal one. This is HELPING. I am waking up feeling more refreshed, even when it takes me awhile to get to sleep. This is also helping me figure out my optimal amount of sleep. Right now, it seems to be right around the 7 hour mark, which surprises me. In the past, it was much closer to 10hrs for me to feel fully recharged.

Body Observations: I have been doing 2 days on, 1 day off for cardio (Couch to 5k), and my first strength session back was on Friday. My legs felt a tad sore through today, but the feeling has gone away since I got home today (roughly 4hrs ago). My chest was sore through yesterday, and my biceps/upper arms are still a touch sore. Not, "owie, I can't lift anything", but a touch on the tender side. I kind of like it...that gets into a whole different topic though.

The thing that I noticed more this time was the areas immediately around my elbows and knees were more sore than I remember in the past. When I squeeze/poke those areas they were surprisingly tender, yet aren't too bad when I am not doing that.

If my arms are still sore, it looks like a good time to start a split. I'll end up doing more research, but I'm thinking legs/core/cardio and upper/back/cardio. I am unsure of how many days per week. I know I have time to lift at least 3 days per week, and I think I can pull off 4 days per week if I do 2 days on, 1 day off. With cardio, it's not as big of a deal. There is a community (owned by a University) track that I have access to until 10PM 7 days a week. The only days I see any issue getting into the gym are Friday-Sunday...I work till about 5:30PM on the other side of town. It will be tempting to battle the crowds and do it as the crack of dawn. Wow, I'm rambling...

More posts tomorrow with Scorch Observations, food, and workout.

workout 3-15-10

Workout, once I got the blood flowing-my arms felt a little tender, but that I could work them, so i did a full body.

It is amazing how much faster my routine is when I preplan it, and do it as a circuit with no more than 30seconds rest. I was sweating up a storm, but never felt like I was dieing.

I took Scorch 2.5hrs before my workout...my stomach started to feel iffy, so I waited it out. I realize, this took away most of the benefits. Note: Nothing ended up happening, but I felt off enough where I didn't want to chance it. So, I took another dose, and will be doing cardio here in a few. I now know that there's a shot of just feeling a bit off...

My strength workout today

Leg Curls
    110 pounds, 1 set of 20, 2nd set of 15

Leg Press
    single sets
    20 @ 150, 10 @ 230, 10 @ 250 . 3-4 deep breaths between sets.

Bent Knee Raises
    1 set of 15, 1 set of 10

Leg Extensions
    1 set of 20 at 90 pounds

Chest Press
    2 sets of 20, at 75 pounds

Shoulder press
    2 sets of 15, at 85 pounds

Chinups-I had to use a LOT more assist than before I took time off. Used 80 pounds of assist
    9 (1 set of 5, 1 set of 4)

Rows
    2 sets of 15, at 55 pounds. That weight is a LOT less than I remember doing, but before I was shooting for 3-5 reps. I'm guessing that explains it. I remember being able to do at least 5 reps at 110-120 last time.

I am going to head out and do some cardio in about 15-20minutes. I just took a second dose of Scorch at 3:15. I'm waiting for it to kick in/feel a jolt before I head out. I'll edit this post and include those numbers in here.

Edit: Cardio Numbers. I did Couch to 5k, Week 2, Day 2. 90 seconds of jogging followed by 2 minutes of walking plus 5 min warmup and 5 min cooldown. I followed that with an additional 30 min walk. The beach was beautiful, and I didn't want to leave....so I kept wandering.
    Last edited by CamMcIntyre; 03-15-2010 at 06:56 PM. Reason: cardio numbers

Food, Scorch, and Observations

Weight upon waking was 194.8 .

Note: I woke up later (10AM) than normal.

Breakfast
    11:15 AM Clif Builders Bar...was a bit later than normal and I wanted to hit the gym.

No morning snack today-was at gym from 1-1:45PMish

Lunch
    2:15PM Subway 6 inch Double Meat Oven Roasted Chicken Breast w/lettuce & tomatoes on wheat. Vitamins, Glucosamine, Fish Oil

Afternoon Snack
    5:15PM 1/2 cup Quick oats, 2 TBSP peanut butter

Dinner
    7:45PM 16 oz chicken breast w/1 serving (forget what it was...I measured it) of No Salt Added Ketchup.

Calories 1475 Carbs 114.4g Fats 43.5g Protein 164g Sodium 2235mg

Water: 120 oz

Wasn't a bad food day, but I did forget to eat several times. I am still a bit high in fat.

Scorch Observations

I took dose #1 (full 3 pills) at 10AM. I didn't have nearly the kick as on Friday.

By 3PM, I felt normal, but with more focus. Wasn't overly energized at all. So, I decided since I made it that long without anything too bad happening, I'd take a 2nd FULL dose. It worked.

Some negatives: I felt slightly nauseous sporadically (both doses), my stool was much more watery than normal about 2hrs after taking the pills (first dose), and my stomach felt slightly off sporadically (mostly first dose).

Neutral: I didn't have the energy kick/euphoria that it produced last time. Even though I did feel slightly nauseous and my stomach felt off-I never threw up or had the runs. I can deal with those feelings as long as they don't get more severe than just feeling a bit off.

Positives: Even though I didn't feel as juiced as last time, I did have more energy-more like after 1-2 cups of mate`/coffee than a 32 oz Red Bull, No jitters, gentle come down, great focus, more sweating than normal, my heart never felt like it was going to jump out of my chest today, and loads of appetite suppression. I never felt hungry today, more often than not, even if it was hours after eating, i still felt full/satisfied. At this point in the day (9PM), I don't feel like I am on anything. I have a slight head ache-either from the caffeine or not drinking quite as much water. I had NO stomach flare ups, so the minor flare up on Friday was from dairy and not this.

I did some research/reading on the Scorch/Vaporize Stack on here, and I'm tempted. More than likely, I will complete this cycle just on Scorch. After 4 weeks on and 1 week off, I'll consider doing a 4-8 week cycle of them both. It is great knowing that my system doesn't reject a full dosing day of Scorch. My sleeping tonight will be the final test. If I don't sleep well, instead of ditching Scorch, I'll look into a sleep aid. The front runner is Animal PM.

A weird observation which might bite me in the ass in the morning. I was less sore after strength training than I was before it. Strength training was about 7 hours ago, and I feel better than before I went. I was a bit tender going in, and now I feel like I haven't even worked out...yet I've done a full workout and extended cardio. Side benefit of Scorch?

Food, Scorch, Cardio, Observations 3 16 10

Weight upon waking: 193.4

Food for 3 16 10

Breakfast
    1/2 quick oats, 2 TBSP peanut butter

Morning Snack
    Clif Bar Oatmeal Raisin Walnut

Lunch
    6 inch double meat oven roasted chicken breast on wheat w/lettuce & tomatoes from Subway

Dinner
    16 oz Chicken breasts

Calories: 1420 Carbs: 127.4 Fats: 40.4 Protein: 154 Sodium: 2010
    Water: 140 oz

For being as weird as it was timing wise, I think I did pretty good. I had rehearsal from 1-5:30. So, my timings were: 10AM breakfast, 2PM snack, 5:30 lunch, 10:15 dinner. I also hung out with a buddy from about 8-10PM.

Scorch Observations:
    First dose took at 10AM on an empty stomach

Took a 2nd dose (2 pills this time) at 5:30PM (3hrs or so since I ate last). I'm guessing i wont' sleep well tonight.

No funny stomach things today. The energy is noticeable, but doesn't feel like I'm juiced. The thing that blows me away is the focus. I wish I would have had this stuff in college. I did notice that I had a bit more dry mouth than the past few days. I'm citing not drinking as consistently...today, it was more in spurts.

Today was 2 days of taking Scorch in a row, third day total. Based off of these body reactions, I am debating if I am going to take it 5 or 7 days per week. I don't want my body to get too used to it, but I also want to be sure to take it on training days. If I do a 5 on/2 off cycle, I'll do an 8 week on/2 week off BIG cycle. If I do 7 days on cycle, I'm thinking 4 weeks on, 1 week off....more research to do via here.

At this point, I want to thank MAN for making a thermogenic/fat burner that doesn't' contain capsaicin. This was a large part of my decision to try this product. We will see how my body tolerates it for multiple days consecutively.

Cardio
    Went for an hour walk
    Did Week 2 Day 3 of Couch to 5k (30mins)
    Felt good. I was able to jog/run a bit faster. I am also not getting shin splints as quickly/at all (knocks on wood). I do feel it a bit more in my calves, but it is never painful. I feel like I am pushing myself a bit harder, working up more of a sweat, and am working till I am a bit more winded. I'm thinking I need to get a bright/flourescent yellow hoodie and technical shirt (cool nights & warm nights)...I have been running in a black hoodie w/gray sweats or black shorts. I vastly prefer to run after dark or at least 8-9PM.

General Observations
    It seems like between the diet, exercise, and Scorch-I'm shedding about a pound a day. I know that a good chunk of this is water. However, my biceps have gotten bigger, my calves have gotten bigger, yet my waist is shrinking. I have decided to keep things as consistent as possible to do my measurements and weigh in first thing in the morning. This way my body status will be as close to uniform as possible.

I haven't been very sore the past two days. I like this. Last night, I ordered Animal PM to see if that will help with my sleep. Last night, my sleep quality was great. I woke up feeling very rested, even though I didn't get a whole lot of it. I'm just not digging having a hard time falling asleep, or waking up throughout the night. Ok, so I lied. I took my last dose at about 5:30PM, yet I'm crashing now...getting pretty sleepy.

So far so good. My moods are up, my numbers are going the directions that they should, and my life outside of this area is really awesome at the moment. I'm booked solid with gigs through the first week of June.

calorier710 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calorier710 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calorier710 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calorier710 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calorier710 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calorier710 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calorier710 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calorier710 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calorier710 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calorier710 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calorier710 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Nice post to hang on..I really loved it the way of the stuff provided in this article..This has given very useful information..

Originally Posted by calorier710 View Post
    Nice post to hang on..I really loved it the way of the stuff provided in this article..This has given very useful information..
    Hey,

Thanks for the kind words. I like having the accountability of posting it here. I also like being able to see what worked, what didn't, what messed up my stomach, what did I have reactions to & what kind of reactions, etc.

It has been pretty trippy to go against the grain with the whole no protein shake side. If I could take them, I would...but I can't. I am looking into trying ON's Soy Protein for when I need even more. Right now, I'm getting all I need from food sources (peanut butter & meats).

3-17-10. Weight upon waking 192.2 w/35 inch waist. This is a smaller waist at a higher weight than my previous low waist (36inch @ 186 pounds on Christmas). My arms are bigger by about 2 inches than they were at that time, my calves are bigger...check out my bodyspace to see the numbers and the progression.

Food, workout, Scorch, and general observations later. I slept in till 10:30AM and am just now eating breakfast. Probably won't get to the gym till 2PM...it's going to be a busy day. I need to get a new pair of dress pants before morning. My 40 inch waist pants are barely hanging on w/my belt, and it is too hot to wear sweats every day now (to cover up the waist line).

3-17-10 Workout, Scorch Observations

Workout for 3 17 10, took 45mins. Worked out started at 2:00, ended at 2:45PM. The gym was MUCH MUCH less busy than the previous times. I'm mentioning this, so that, ideally, this will become my normal time.

Measurements upon waking: 192.2 pounds, 35 inch waist. These are the two that I am paying the most attention to, per my goals. The others are mostly for my amusement.

All measurements are in pounds, format is reps @ weight or reps @ weight, weight, etc.

Hack Squats on the machine-two cycles/big sets
    First round (reps per weight/one set): 10 @ 90 lbs, 10 @ 180 lbs, 10 @ 270 lbs, 10 @ 360 lbs
    Round 2 (last thing I did during my workout): 10 @ 180, 10 @ 270, 10 @ 360, 5 @ 450
    I was so happy to see this machine, it turns out I just missed it the previous times because the gym was so busy.

Leg Curls
    (single sets)
    10 @ 70, 90, 110

Hanging knee raises
    15, 9 (single sets)

Assisted dips
    5 w/85 of assist

Pull ups
    10 w/85 of assist. I feel like I am struggling to complete these reps (dips & pull ups).

Shoulder press
    15 @ 60, 9 @ 72

Seated Rows
    15 @ 70, 10 @ 80

Lats Pull downs
    10 @ 70, 10 @ 85

Chest Press
    15 @ 75, 10 @90, 15 @ 60

I did the entire workout as circuit going from lower to upper with the exception of the final sets of hack squats. I took about 45 seconds between the last two sets as I was starting to feel slightly shaky. Squats are the last place where I want to have a sudden failure. I have had one time so far where I had a "sudden" failure. I was at the bottom of a squat (on hack machine) with 360 up-at that time, my max was 630, and my right knee gave out, so not a heavy set for me. I ended up with my jaw near my belly button, took the embarrassment (I said, "well %*#" when it happened), climbed out, took the weights off, and pushed it up from outside. When I start doing barbell chest presses, that'd be the other place...I do have a buddy who is going to start lifting with me. He wants to add mass (skinny guy), and I want to shed fat. It will be good having someone as a spotter so that we can start to do barbell chest presses instead of machine chest presses.

I am planning on doing Couch to 5k Week 3 Day 1 tonight. I feel like my calves are recovering really fast, so I'm up for pushing them on a nightly basis until I start to feel sore...and then I'll give them 1-2 days off.

At this point, I'm playing things by ear/feel...I'm not used to my body recovering this fast. I am resisting the urge to lift till it hurts in the gym. I did that last time, and ended up hurting myself which put my knees out of it for nearly 1.5 months. It is strange to me having my knee pain GO AWAY from working out. From the reading I did, it makes me think I had a muscle imbalance between the quads and hamstrings along with just doing something wrong to them. My legs are looking better than ever...like, I'm planning on wearing shorts for the first summer in probably 5 years? People can bask in the glow of my porcelain white legs.

Workout Observations
    I feel like my upper body is really weak compared to my lower. E.g. I can squat double my body weight (at least double), yet I can't do an unassisted chin/pull up. I am going to research this a bit more. I think that means that I need to "prioritize" my chest/upper body, and add some sets. I am tempted to pick up Mark Rippetoe's "Practical Programming for Strength Training" to see if he addresses this kind of thing, yet I realize the forums and articles on here are also a great resource. I have read "Starting Strength" and use it as a resource guide.

I'm not sore at this point. I feel a bit tired muscle wise, but not sore. During the workout, I was sweating like a mofo. The sweat kept on streaking across my glasses. I took Scorch about 3 hours before going to the gym, and took a second dose once I got home. I didn't want to take the 2nd dose 3hrs after the other per the instructions on the bottle.

Scorch Observations
    Nothing to report out of the ordinary. My system hasn't done anything funky today. I took it upon waking at 10:30AM (3 pills), had breakfast at 11:15AM, worked out from 2-2:45PM, and took second dose (3 pills) at 2:45PM, had lunch at 3:15PM.

I feel like it wakes me up without making me feel juiced or on something. It does help elevate my moods. I'm not noticing the sweat when I am at rest, yet I do notice is when I am working out. Most of the time, my 2nd dose is followed within about 30mins by some fish oil with my meal. I read about the Scorch/Fish Oil stack. I don't know if this is affecting my results/performance. The focus is astounding though. The first time I looked at the clock during my workout, 20mins had passed. Not bad at all.

Food & More general comments tonight.