Closed Thread
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I've lost all motivation to train in the past week. My squat went from about 135lbs to 220lbs in 6 weeks and I've been stuck at 220 for the past 2 weeks. I will be doing a deload week starting today. I want to be squatting 315lbs for reps by mid july.

yes newb
    yes doing starting strength
    yes have vid of squats:

New Evolution shat on me

-!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #7 -!!!---!!!-

"Were not talking about bodybuilding you fking retard. We're talking about Gorillas"

Justa_Test is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justa_Test is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justa_Test is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justa_Test is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justa_Test is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justa_Test is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justa_Test is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justa_Test is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justa_Test is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justa_Test is on a distinguished road. (+10) Justa_Test is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    De-loading this week after working out 12 consecutive weeks. Hopefully going back my body will be refreshed and I can make some major gains.

Mikimbin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    gonna try this out. Thanks!

Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by fishpat86 View Post
    I've lost all motivation to train in the past week. My squat went from about 135lbs to 220lbs in 6 weeks and I've been stuck at 220 for the past 2 weeks. I will be doing a deload week starting today. I want to be squatting 315lbs for reps by mid july.

yes newb
    yes doing starting strength
    yes have vid of squats:

Probably shouldn't comment on this since the thread is meant to be about deloading, but a few things is:
    1) you're not going deep enough because you're not breaking parallel. Your hip crease should go below the level of your patella (knee bone).
    2) hard to tell your stance, but i'm quite sure it's too narrow and you have a fair amount of knees caving inwards. Take a wider stance and think about pushing your knees out.
    3) Position on back hard to tell from the angle but everything else looks solid.

jumperzz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jumperzz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jumperzz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jumperzz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jumperzz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jumperzz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jumperzz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jumperzz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jumperzz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jumperzz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jumperzz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    nice read

BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Confuzzl3dOn3 View Post
    Probably shouldn't comment on this since the thread is meant to be about deloading, but a few things is:
    1) you're not going deep enough because you're not breaking parallel. Your hip crease should go below the level of your patella (knee bone).
    2) hard to tell your stance, but i'm quite sure it's too narrow and you have a fair amount of knees caving inwards. Take a wider stance and think about pushing your knees out.
    3) Position on back hard to tell from the angle but everything else looks solid.
    No need to break parallel, that looks deep enough to me for a good parallel squat.
    "Your dreams are always going to be the most important to you than they will be to anybody else. So keep dreaming, keep believing, keep pressing forward. So all those warriors out there – be encouraged"

-Kai Greene

Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm just saying that since he is doing starting strength, then proper squat depth that Ripp describes in the book is breaking parallel, something that he isn't doing.

pimpin80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by VoxExMachina View Post
    Introduction:

There are countless posts on the best way to train biceps, the optimum split for getting huge, how to bench press properly, or any of a million other questions on how to become bigger, leaner, or break through plateaus.

But one technique that helps achieve all of these goals is very seldom discussed: De-Loading. A de-load is a planned reduction in volume or intensity (usually for one week, or one cycle of your training split), whose purpose is to allow the body to dissipate accumulated fatigue, allow you to fully recover, and prepare you for further gains. Also, remember that weight training does not just tax your muscles. It also puts stress on your joints, ligaments, connective tissues, and central nervous system.

Why should you De-Load:
    • To allow your joints, tendons, ligaments, and other supporting tissues to repair.
    • To allow your central nervous system (CNS) to recover
    • To give yourself a mental break from the intensity of heavy lifting
    • To reduce the risk of under-recovery (overtraining)
    • To prepare you for greater gains
    Experienced lifters know that you can't go 100% all out in the gym all the time. Your body can't take it, and you can't keep up that mental intensity forever. If you try to, you often wind up getting injured, start just "going through the motions" in your workouts, stall out in your progression, and perhaps even give up completely.

If you de-load at regular intervals, you will find that over time you will make better progress, reduce your injuries, and keep yourself in the game mentally.

When to De-Load:

This depends on your experience & intensity level, your age & recovery ability, the program you are following, and many other factors. If you are new to lifting, you lack the ability to overtax your CNS, muscles, and connective tissues as much as a very experienced lifter, so you may only need to deload once every couple of months. If you are older and have a reduced ability to recover from weight training, then you may need to deload as often as every couple of weeks. In general, you need to set your frequency of deloading according to how hard you train and how quickly you recover. Somewhere in the range of every 4-8 weeks will work well for most people.

Signs that a de-load may be in order:
    • You feel tired, persistently fatigued, have a decreased desire to train, or other symptoms of under-recovery (overtraining).
    • Your weight progression is stalling and you can't seem to increase most lifts
    • You are experiencing aches, sprains, tendinitis, etc.
    • You train regularly
    Note that last point again: If you train regularly, then you should de-load regularly as well. In fact, a regularly scheduled de-load should come before you start exhibiting any of these symptoms.

How to De-Load:

A de-load is a planned reduction in either volume or intensity, usually a week long (or one training cycle of your split). How you do it is up to you. The main thing is to back off your total effort to about 50-60% of what you would do during a normal training week. A few examples of how to train during a de-load week:
    • Do your normal routine and normal volume (sets & reps) but reduce the weight you use to about 50-60% of what you normally work out with for each exercise.
    • Use the same weight as you normally would, but drop your number of total volume (sets x reps) to 50-60% of your normal volume. (Note that you should stick to an 8+ rep scheme here.)
    • Train muscle groups that normally don't get a lot of attention
    • Use light weight and focus on refining your form and technique
    • Decrease your lifting and increase your cardio

... or any combination of the above. The main thing is to make sure that at the end of the workout you still have a decent amount of "gas in the tank". Personally, I prefer to de-load by dropping my weights to 50-60% of what I normally use, stick with the same volume, and focus on refining my form, technique, and mind-muscle connection.

If you want, you can even just take a week off entirely. If you know you are going to be on vacation, for example, just plan your training around it so that you can use that time as a de-load period. You'll be training smart and not feel the need to try to find some way to work out when the rest of your family is relaxing.

Summary:

The goal of a de-load is to allow you to become stronger, faster, and bigger, by incorporating a planned "active recovery" phase into your normal workout program. If you do it correctly, you should be able to make more gains that you would without de-loading, reduce your risk of injury, give yourself a mental break, preemptively address hidden recovery issues.

Very good info...

I started doing this out of pure laziness (and when my schedule didn't let me fit the gym in) and would take 1 to 2 weeks off (2 weeks is a too much but 1 week is perfect) and realized that upon my return to the gym I was heavier and could lift heavier than before.

I now have a ''lazy week'' once every 10 to 12 weeks. It feels like I'm on vacation, and when I do go back to the gym, my gains are always happening at an accelerated rate.

Vacation on fellow bodybuilders!

labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you follow Poliquin style Training there is no need for a De-load week. He uses 3 week blocks of Intensification & Accumulation.

"Accumulation: a training phase were the main stressor is Volume. Increased muscle cross section or increased strength endurance are sought in this phase

Intensification: training phase where the main stressor is intensity (load). increases in relative strength or speed strength are sought in this phase.

In strength training the total volume of work varies considerably from one sport to the next. What represents intensification for one sport may be considered accumulation in another. eg: when synchronized swimmers are working in the 6-8 RM range it is considered intensification work; for weight lifters this is considered accumulation. "

exerpt from PICP level 1 training manual. Ch 1 pg 10.

Just some more food for thought????

By any means necessary. riqosuave's Avatar
    riqosuave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riqosuave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riqosuave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riqosuave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riqosuave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riqosuave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riqosuave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    great thread man! thumbs up. Gonna de-load next week.
    Last edited by riqosuave; 04-21-2010 at 05:30 PM.

anidtologin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    I completely agree with this post.

I've been training this way for 17 years now, kids. No injuries. No setbacks.

Thats hittin the nail on the head.

snatonsb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Awesome sticky! I tried this technique out and it works wonders!

exnayr is just really nice. (+1000) exnayr is just really nice. (+1000) exnayr is just really nice. (+1000) exnayr is just really nice. (+1000) exnayr is just really nice. (+1000) exnayr is just really nice. (+1000) exnayr is just really nice. (+1000) exnayr is just really nice. (+1000) exnayr is just really nice. (+1000) exnayr is just really nice. (+1000) exnayr is just really nice. (+1000)
    Very good and informative advice! Thanks
    “When the blood in your veins returns to the sea, and the earth in your bones returns to the ground, perhaps then you will remember that this land does not belong to you, it is you who belongs to this land.”

→ ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ←

→ RIP Zyzz ←

borcic0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) borcic0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) borcic0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) borcic0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) borcic0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) borcic0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) borcic0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) borcic0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) borcic0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) borcic0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) borcic0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Is it more logical to take a week off when you start experiencing the serious sides of over training like chronic fatique, depression, irregular sleeping patterns, mental fatigue, upper respitotary illness ( It is not as bad as it once was but its been almost three weeks and I still have yet to get rid of my cold)..

I think deloading would delay me coming back with 100% effort and motivation but I just need some re-assurance on this.

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by borcic0 View Post
    Is it more logical to take a week off when you start experiencing the serious sides of over training like chronic fatique, depression, irregular sleeping patterns, mental fatigue, upper respitotary illness ( It is not as bad as it once was but its been almost three weeks and I still have yet to get rid of my cold)..

I think deloading would delay me coming back with 100% effort and motivation but I just need some re-assurance on this.
    That's kind of an individual thing, and depends on exactly how you are feeling. In your situation I'd probably take a week or maybe even two off entirely. The goal of deloading is to help you avoid getting that overtrained.

However, sometimes it helps to just get in the gym and do some light deload workouts. You should avoid doing anything heavy, and don't approach failure with any sets.
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

borcic0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) borcic0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) borcic0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) borcic0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) borcic0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) borcic0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) borcic0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) borcic0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) borcic0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) borcic0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) borcic0 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I know this would probably be difficult for you to answer but If im feeling 60% should I still try to make the effort of going to the gym? And if I do workout, would i do my normal routine but just less reps/sets?

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    I know this would probably be difficult for you to answer but If im feeling 60% should I still try to make the effort of going to the gym? And if I do workout, would i do my normal routine but just less reps/sets?
    Frankly, it sounds like you need a complete break for a week or so. But if you go into the gym, cut all your weights by 50% of what you'd normally do and then do the same number sets/reps as normal.

(Technically you can also deload by doing the same weight with fewer sets, but since you're already over the line, I wouldn't.)

If it feels too easy, that's about right.
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

What you describe is called Bio Feedback. Scott Abel uses this technique quite extensively with his clients

That's kind of an individual thing, and depends on exactly how you are feeling. In your situation I'd probably take a week or maybe even two off entirely. The goal of deloading is to help you avoid getting that overtrained.

However, sometimes it helps to just get in the gym and do some light deload workouts. You should avoid doing anything heavy, and don't approach failure with any sets.
    Vox you keep on giving solid advice. Keep it up!

WlLD is just really nice. (+1000) WlLD is just really nice. (+1000) WlLD is just really nice. (+1000) WlLD is just really nice. (+1000) WlLD is just really nice. (+1000) WlLD is just really nice. (+1000) WlLD is just really nice. (+1000) WlLD is just really nice. (+1000) WlLD is just really nice. (+1000) WlLD is just really nice. (+1000) WlLD is just really nice. (+1000)
    My friend never de-loads and is always fatigued, some people will never learn to take advice

oatdust is on a distinguished road. (+10) oatdust is on a distinguished road. (+10) oatdust is on a distinguished road. (+10) oatdust is on a distinguished road. (+10) oatdust is on a distinguished road. (+10) oatdust is on a distinguished road. (+10) oatdust is on a distinguished road. (+10) oatdust is on a distinguished road. (+10) oatdust is on a distinguished road. (+10) oatdust is on a distinguished road. (+10) oatdust is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    got back into the gym 2.5 months ago after a year off.. went hard 3 days on 1 day off split and had great newb gains then tapered sharply off to a plateau in the last week. Decided to take an entire week off.. 3 days in so far and cant wait to get back and give a report.

Little tip i'm learning if you take the week off-

Take the time you would spend at the gym ANYWAYS and use it to read up and learn more. Helps add to motivation again.. and might learn a few new things!
    Light days?!? what are you...on your period???

Wherestherackat- "Abs are built in the kitchen, not in the gym"

xlb57 is just really nice. (+1000) xlb57 is just really nice. (+1000) xlb57 is just really nice. (+1000) xlb57 is just really nice. (+1000) xlb57 is just really nice. (+1000) xlb57 is just really nice. (+1000) xlb57 is just really nice. (+1000) xlb57 is just really nice. (+1000) xlb57 is just really nice. (+1000) xlb57 is just really nice. (+1000) xlb57 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Just finishing up a 1.5 week hiatus from the gym. It has been a few months since I took this kind of time off and my body was starting to feel it. Definitely ready to hit it starting tomorrow morning!

boultwood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boultwood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boultwood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boultwood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boultwood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good read

JoshuaNeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoshuaNeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoshuaNeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoshuaNeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoshuaNeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoshuaNeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoshuaNeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoshuaNeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoshuaNeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoshuaNeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoshuaNeff will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    In the middle of a deload week now. I have basically went heavy for the last 3 months, 5 days a week. I took 4 days completely off in a row, ate a LOT, slept, and now am doing a set less per exercise, focusing on form, and putting up the same or less weight.

I was getting great gains pushing hard for 3 months, but taking 4 days off and then lifting lighter is great. Helped me to gain a few lbs, which I didn't expect. The only down side is this week is deload week, as well as cycle off of preworkouts week 1 (out of 4 weeks). Caffeine headaches pretty much stink...

Pretty crazy how strong of gains I've got from taking time off. I feel like the time off and now lifting less/lighter has basically put my body into this "Holy crap repair everything you can before he starts beating you up again!" mode.

Darfus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darfus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darfus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darfus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darfus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darfus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darfus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darfus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darfus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darfus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darfus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Would a de-load be optimal during a PCT? If so, what week of a standard 4-5 week PCT?

Let's say, the cycle here was ugh, something simple. Like a legal pro hormone.
    Tren. The pill 2 molucules away from Trenbolone.

I once read on here years ago that a popular reason people lose gains (besides an inadequate PCT) is overtraining during PCT.

oatdust is on a distinguished road. (+10) oatdust is on a distinguished road. (+10) oatdust is on a distinguished road. (+10) oatdust is on a distinguished road. (+10) oatdust is on a distinguished road. (+10) oatdust is on a distinguished road. (+10) oatdust is on a distinguished road. (+10) oatdust is on a distinguished road. (+10) oatdust is on a distinguished road. (+10) oatdust is on a distinguished road. (+10) oatdust is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    was lifting hard for 2.5 mo's without a break and had great gains.. then plateaued. Took a full week off- no gym at all.

It was a tough week and i was worried about losing motivation.. which i did stop thinking about being at the gym all the time and looking in the mirror.

came back and happy to report breaking all kinds of bests for myself and gaining weight again. Gonna schedule a full week off once every 2 months.

Thanks again Vox!
    Light days?!? what are you...on your period???

Wherestherackat- "Abs are built in the kitchen, not in the gym"

JimboSlice93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Could you de-load by just taking a week off completly? Or is it best to still train but lightly?

JimboSlice93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question

Originally Posted by JimboSlice93 View Post
    Could you de-load by just taking a week off completly? Or is it best to still train but lightly?
    Can someone answer my question other than that spammer? haha

It was answered in the very first post of this thread.

If you want, you can even just take a week off entirely.

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yes you can.

That is how i personally do it. I can't get in the mindset to go into a gym and lift 50% volume/intensity/whatever. So I just stay out of the gym.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493

Spire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spire will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Is deloading while cutting still effective, or should I try to maintain weights throughout the duration of my cut?

I have dropped from 205 - 180lbs (23-13% BF), I plan to cut down to 170lbs (~9% BF). I have been running 5x5 for most of my cut, I'm at the 10 week mark now and have been hitting PRs since week 5. The past two weeks have been brutal and I'm starting to get signs of "overtraining" (demotivation, fatigue, etc).

Should I try to stick out the program for the last 5-6 weeks of my cut, or am I right to de-load a week and then get back to it?

I know the general rule of thumb is to keep weights high during a cut, which is why I'm reluctant to de-load. I just don't want for the de-load to negatively effect my recent gains because I'm cutting. Any advice is appreciated
    When I go hunting, I just stare at the deer.
    They follow me home and climb into my freezer.
    Because they know.
    They know.