Closed Thread
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I would say go for a de-load.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493

Spire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spire will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by chazzy1864 View Post
    I would say go for a de-load.
    Would you mind explaining your reasoning?

I like details, learning, etc. Just curious if a deload would end with negative results during a cut.
    When I go hunting, I just stare at the deer.
    They follow me home and climb into my freezer.
    Because they know.
    They know.

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Spire View Post
    Would you mind explaining your reasoning?

I like details, learning, etc. Just curious if a deload would end with negative results during a cut.
    My thoughts:

if you burn out, you won't do your cut (or strength gains for that matter) any good.

The reason it is commonly advised to stick to heavy weights during a cut, is because the strength range, doesn't generally break muscle down as much as higher volume/moderate repetition work. If you are in a caloric deficit, your body can't adequately repair the muscle you break down.

That however generally isn't referring to a deload. A deload is to let your joints, CNS, etc refresh themselves. So take your deload week, and then go back to your regularly scheduled program.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -

abdul90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) abdul90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) abdul90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) abdul90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) abdul90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) abdul90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by VoxExMachina View Post
    Introduction:

There are countless posts on the best way to train biceps, the optimum split for getting huge, how to bench press properly, or any of a million other questions on how to become bigger, leaner, or break through plateaus.

But one technique that helps achieve all of these goals is very seldom discussed: De-Loading. A de-load is a planned reduction in volume or intensity (usually for one week, or one cycle of your training split), whose purpose is to allow the body to dissipate accumulated fatigue, allow you to fully recover, and prepare you for further gains. Also, remember that weight training does not just tax your muscles. It also puts stress on your joints, ligaments, connective tissues, and central nervous system.

Why should you De-Load:

• To allow your joints, tendons, ligaments, and other supporting tissues to repair.
    • To allow your central nervous system (CNS) to recover
    • To give yourself a mental break from the intensity of heavy lifting
    • To reduce the risk of under-recovery (overtraining)
    • To prepare you for greater gains
    Experienced lifters know that you can't go 100% all out in the gym all the time. Your body can't take it, and you can't keep up that mental intensity forever. If you try to, you often wind up getting injured, start just "going through the motions" in your workouts, stall out in your progression, and perhaps even give up completely.

If you de-load at regular intervals, you will find that over time you will make better progress, reduce your injuries, and keep yourself in the game mentally.

When to De-Load:

This depends on your experience & intensity level, your age & recovery ability, the program you are following, and many other factors. If you are new to lifting, you lack the ability to overtax your CNS, muscles, and connective tissues as much as a very experienced lifter, so you may only need to deload once every couple of months. If you are older and have a reduced ability to recover from weight training, then you may need to deload as often as every couple of weeks. In general, you need to set your frequency of deloading according to how hard you train and how quickly you recover. Somewhere in the range of every 4-8 weeks will work well for most people.

Signs that a de-load may be in order:
    • You feel tired, persistently fatigued, have a decreased desire to train, or other symptoms of under-recovery (overtraining).
    • Your weight progression is stalling and you can't seem to increase most lifts
    • You are experiencing aches, sprains, tendinitis, etc.
    • You train regularly
    Note that last point again: If you train regularly, then you should de-load regularly as well. In fact, a regularly scheduled de-load should come before you start exhibiting any of these symptoms.

How to De-Load:

A de-load is a planned reduction in either volume or intensity, usually a week long (or one training cycle of your split). How you do it is up to you. The main thing is to back off your total effort to about 50-60% of what you would do during a normal training week. A few examples of how to train during a de-load week:
    • Do your normal routine and normal volume (sets & reps) but reduce the weight you use to about 50-60% of what you normally work out with for each exercise.
    • Use the same weight as you normally would, but drop your number of total volume (sets x reps) to 50-60% of your normal volume. (Note that you should stick to an 8+ rep scheme here.)
    • Train muscle groups that normally don't get a lot of attention
    • Use light weight and focus on refining your form and technique
    • Decrease your lifting and increase your cardio

... or any combination of the above. The main thing is to make sure that at the end of the workout you still have a decent amount of "gas in the tank". Personally, I prefer to de-load by dropping my weights to 50-60% of what I normally use, stick with the same volume, and focus on refining my form, technique, and mind-muscle connection.

If you want, you can even just take a week off entirely. If you know you are going to be on vacation, for example, just plan your training around it so that you can use that time as a de-load period. You'll be training smart and not feel the need to try to find some way to work out when the rest of your family is relaxing.

Summary:

The goal of a de-load is to allow you to become stronger, faster, and bigger, by incorporating a planned "active recovery" phase into your normal workout program. If you do it correctly, you should be able to make more gains that you would without de-loading, reduce your risk of injury, give yourself a mental break, preemptively address hidden recovery issues.

Nice one mate. This information is new to me but I will definitely reduce my weight by 50-60% for a whole week and stick in 3 or 4 cardios that week. Probably try it within the next month.

strongbuffbig is on a distinguished road. (+10) strongbuffbig is on a distinguished road. (+10) strongbuffbig is on a distinguished road. (+10) strongbuffbig is on a distinguished road. (+10) strongbuffbig is on a distinguished road. (+10) strongbuffbig is on a distinguished road. (+10) strongbuffbig is on a distinguished road. (+10) strongbuffbig is on a distinguished road. (+10) strongbuffbig is on a distinguished road. (+10) strongbuffbig is on a distinguished road. (+10) strongbuffbig is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    beginning deload today

Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by chazzy1864 View Post
    My thoughts:

if you burn out, you won't do your cut (or strength gains for that matter) any good.

The reason it is commonly advised to stick to heavy weights during a cut, is because the strength range, doesn't generally break muscle down as much as higher volume/moderate repetition work. If you are in a caloric deficit, your body can't adequately repair the muscle you break down.

That however generally isn't referring to a deload. A deload is to let your joints, CNS, etc refresh themselves. So take your deload week, and then go back to your regularly scheduled program.
    I'm not sure of this, but I had believed that the point of high intensity lifting during a cut was not so that it wouldn't break muscle down as opposed to higher volume workouts, but rather it provides a stimulus for your body to preserve muscle and seek out other sources (fat stores) to catabolise to provide its energy while in a caloric deficit. That's why i've also been puzzling over whether a deload during a cut is good or not.

Spire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spire will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Confuzzl3dOn3 View Post
    I'm not sure of this, but I had believed that the point of high intensity lifting during a cut was not so that it wouldn't break muscle down as opposed to higher volume workouts, but rather it provides a stimulus for your body to preserve muscle and seek out other sources (fat stores) to catabolise to provide its energy while in a caloric deficit. That's why i've also been puzzling over whether a deload during a cut is good or not.
    It looks like we're not going to get much guidance on this one, mate.

I've been doing a lot of forum and google searches and can't find anything that goes specifically into the pros/cons of deloading while cutting .. having said that, I'll be deloading next week.

I'm on 5x5 intermediate/linear at the moment - full body workout, 3 times per week, ramping sets to a top set of 5. Next week I will keep my workouts and exercises the same, except I will do 5 straight sets with 60% of my 1RM.

When I get back to 5x5 the following week, I'll be starting about 5lbs less on all my lifts to ease back into it. I figure if I do lose any strength while deloading I still have 8 weeks left of my cut to gain that strength back, I doubt it would drop much in one week anyway.

I'll let you know how it goes - I'm just looking forward to having an active rest week.. losing motivation for workouts pretty bad at the moment!
    When I go hunting, I just stare at the deer.
    They follow me home and climb into my freezer.
    Because they know.
    They know.

JBurke5x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is something i need to try

XxFatToFitxX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XxFatToFitxX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XxFatToFitxX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XxFatToFitxX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XxFatToFitxX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XxFatToFitxX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XxFatToFitxX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XxFatToFitxX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XxFatToFitxX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XxFatToFitxX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XxFatToFitxX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Started my first de-load a few days ago and am really enjoying it. Dropped my weights by

50% and working hard to perfect my form. Feels good to take it easy for a cycle.

I'm also on a cut, and have been increasing my weights week to week, so we'll see how I do

for strength next week. Will try to report back.

Originally Posted by Confuzzl3dOn3 View Post
    That is actually a far better iteration of what I actually wanted to say. Kudos.

I'd say, if you are even in the gym, it will be better than nothing.

My biggest reason for the deload during a cut, is if you burn out, you won't help anything. I've been in an overtrained state before, and everything drags down, and any progress on all fronts seem to stop. If you deload for even a few days, to give your body a rest, you can pick back up, nice and strong, and continue your cut.

But i am no expert on the subject either. So take what i say with a grain of salt.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -

Fri is not very well liked. (-100) Fri is not very well liked. (-100) Fri is not very well liked. (-100) Fri is not very well liked. (-100) Fri is not very well liked. (-100) Fri is not very well liked. (-100) Fri is not very well liked. (-100) Fri is not very well liked. (-100) Fri is not very well liked. (-100) Fri is not very well liked. (-100) Fri is not very well liked. (-100)
    Awesome article

Q115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Q115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Q115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Q115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Q115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Q115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Q115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Q115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Q115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Q115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Q115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks for the good info

Registered User TheBuffaloBills's Avatar
    TheBuffaloBills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBuffaloBills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBuffaloBills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBuffaloBills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBuffaloBills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBuffaloBills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBuffaloBills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBuffaloBills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBuffaloBills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBuffaloBills is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBuffaloBills is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I think I may start to de-load considering how I have lost motivation, and am always fatigued. Recently, I have been getting 12-14 hrs a sleep in a day (Taking 1-2 hour naps during the day). Now, should I continue to to my normal cardio? Like a simple 30 minute jog on the Elliptical.

Location: Llandybie, Carmarthenshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    D-Distortion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) D-Distortion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Eating?

Right, guys, I'm going to be taking a week out next week to de-load. One thing I'm wondering about though is should I eat exactly the same or eat less. I was going to get cardio in this week as much as possible seeing as it's summer and it shouldn't be hard dropping the little bit of fatI have around the lower midsection.
    Any help would be appreciated and the article is great. Thanks Rhys
    I do it because I can!
    I can because I want to
    I want to because you said I couldn't!

The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up!

Watchout ur comments bro titomuheedo's Avatar
    titomuheedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) titomuheedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) titomuheedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) titomuheedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) titomuheedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) titomuheedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) titomuheedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) titomuheedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) titomuheedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) titomuheedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) titomuheedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    do you think a deload week would be okay to use with a cut? I have about a week left so im thinking if i should do it then.
    i notice ive been really tired towards the middle of the day so i think i need one.
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoawuYgSkehcUdvZQ6yNOcA/videos?flow=grid&view=0

Check out my youtube channel! Feel free to ask questions, and I'll make video responses as in depth and to my knowledge as I can. I don't spread bro science, my information will be similiar to Ian Mccarthy/Layne/Ogus/Eric helms in the sense that I will base my accusations of of science/studies. Also some personal experience, but I won't impose that onto you. But if you ask, I'll answer :)

Masjo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I kinda have the aforementioned symptoms, so i might aswell try that
    Thank you

ARJUK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great info, thanks, i def need to deload i think, found the last few workouts much harder than usual and i did'nt know why, looks like deload is the answer.

jaitken1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up I needed to read this

This is just what I need. I'm not new to lifting...did it during high school/college for sports... but since then, I've never been able to get past that "hump" you hit after several months. I started at the beginning of this year at a new gym. Over the last month, I've been absolutely exhausted. I'm not gaining strength, not losing weight, and I can't seem to find enough energy to make it through the day. And I'm constantly sore/in pain.

I read this yesterday and decided to take a week off starting yesterday and going throughout next week. I've never done that before. I've always just quit when I've hit that wall. I'm hopeful that this will work.

Thanks for the post.

jaitken1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question

Well, like I mentioned in my above post, I'm taking this week off. I've always been one to keep the weight/reps light if I'm going back to the gym after a break (like I said, I've never intentionally taken a week off before, I've just taken days off before) so as not to kill myself and do 100's more reps than I did the day before. After a week off, I've heard that you're usually stronger than you were before. When I go back next week, should I keep it light or jump back into it full force?

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by jaitken1 View Post
    Well, like I mentioned in my above post, I'm taking this week off. I've always been one to keep the weight/reps light if I'm going back to the gym after a break (like I said, I've never intentionally taken a week off before, I've just taken days off before) so as not to kill myself and do 100's more reps than I did the day before. After a week off, I've heard that you're usually stronger than you were before. When I go back next week, should I keep it light or jump back into it full force?
    Pick up right where you left off before the break, and continue the progression upward until your next deload.
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

Rommel77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rommel77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rommel77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rommel77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rommel77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rommel77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rommel77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rommel77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rommel77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rommel77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rommel77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Well with some hesitation and nervousness I'm starting my De-Load week today by taking the week off. I'm not showing the first three signs of when to de-load but I've been on over a year long cut losing over 100lbs. I run anywhere from 15-20 miles a week, walk 25 miles a week and been serious lifting 4 days a week, I've only been lifting for about 5 months though.

Its kinda of hard to slow down my routine since I've been doing it for so long but I hope the de-load will be more beneficial in the long run. I still plan on walking a couple miles days and will use this week to learn my maintenance calories. thx for the great post.

MAndros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MAndros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MAndros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MAndros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MAndros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MAndros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MAndros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MAndros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MAndros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MAndros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MAndros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great article on de-loading I've tried this before and goes work well, I'm currently tired mentally and physically from constant gum and other exercise, but holidaying for 2 weeks will sort that out.

kev120782 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kev120782 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kev120782 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kev120782 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kev120782 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kev120782 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kev120782 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kev120782 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kev120782 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kev120782 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kev120782 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I planned my deload around my vacation time. My vacation was suppose to be only 2 weeks, but I decided to take another week and extend my stay. It will be almost a month off from the gym. I know I needed to break because I did feel like I was just going through the motions and because if I didnt go I would feel guilty. My strength was also starting to decline. Anything wrong with taking a month off?

strunkwhite has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) strunkwhite has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) strunkwhite has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) strunkwhite has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) strunkwhite has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks

JasoniLift89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasoniLift89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasoniLift89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasoniLift89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasoniLift89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasoniLift89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasoniLift89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasoniLift89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasoniLift89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasoniLift89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasoniLift89 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    "de-load to re-load"

rikrodgers will become famous soon enough. (+50) rikrodgers will become famous soon enough. (+50) rikrodgers will become famous soon enough. (+50) rikrodgers will become famous soon enough. (+50) rikrodgers will become famous soon enough. (+50) rikrodgers will become famous soon enough. (+50) rikrodgers will become famous soon enough. (+50) rikrodgers will become famous soon enough. (+50) rikrodgers will become famous soon enough. (+50) rikrodgers will become famous soon enough. (+50) rikrodgers will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Talking Deload FTW!!!

Just finished a week-long deload last week. I took a full week off from the gym for the first time in a few months. Although I wasn't feeling any of the aforementioned symptoms, I knew my body was in need of a bit of rest...

I have come back with a brand new mental attitude and as well as maintaining my current weight, I also seem to have started to lean out a bit more too!

Keep up the eating, chill out and enjoy a good deload - so happy I took one!

erik50000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i do this all the time
    i call it a cool down though
    They won't give in!

w.brouwers88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you very much for the post.. I need more de loading% I'm always training and training.. I know that reparing yourself is very important but doing it to less..Time to start !

Thanks very much!
    Willem

Introduction:

There are countless posts on the best way to train biceps, the optimum split for getting huge, how to bench press properly, or any of a million other questions on how to become bigger, leaner, or break through plateaus.

But one technique that helps achieve all of these goals is very seldom discussed: De-Loading. A de-load is a planned reduction in volume or intensity (usually for one week, or one cycle of your training split), whose purpose is to allow the body to dissipate accumulated fatigue, allow you to fully recover, and prepare you for further gains. Also, remember that weight training does not just tax your muscles. It also puts stress on your joints, ligaments, connective tissues, and central nervous system.

Why should you De-Load:
    • To allow your joints, tendons, ligaments, and other supporting tissues to repair.
    Experienced lifters know that you can't go 100% all out in the gym all the time. Your body can't take it, and you can't keep up that mental intensity forever. If you try to, you often wind up getting injured, start just "going through the motions" in your workouts, stall out in your progression, and perhaps even give up completely.

If you de-load at regular intervals, you will find that over time you will make better progress, reduce your injuries, and keep yourself in the game mentally.

When to De-Load:

This depends on your experience & intensity level, your age & recovery ability, the program you are following, and many other factors. If you are new to lifting, you lack the ability to overtax your CNS, muscles, and connective tissues as much as a very experienced lifter, so you may only need to deload once every couple of months. If you are older and have a reduced ability to recover from weight training, then you may need to deload as often as every couple of weeks. In general, you need to set your frequency of deloading according to how hard you train and how quickly you recover. Somewhere in the range of every 4-8 weeks will work well for most people.

• You feel tired, persistently fatigued, have a decreased desire to train, or other symptoms of under-recovery (overtraining).
    • You train regularly
    Note that last point again: If you train regularly, then you should de-load regularly as well. In fact, a regularly scheduled de-load should come before you start exhibiting any of these symptoms.

How to De-Load:

A de-load is a planned reduction in either volume or intensity, usually a week long (or one training cycle of your split). How you do it is up to you. The main thing is to back off your total effort to about 50-60% of what you would do during a normal training week. A few examples of how to train during a de-load week:
    • Do your normal routine and normal volume (sets & reps) but reduce the weight you use to about 50-60% of what you normally work out with for each exercise.
    • Use the same weight as you normally would, but drop your number of total volume (sets x reps) to 50-60% of your normal volume. (Note that you should stick to an 8+ rep scheme here.)

... or any combination of the above. The main thing is to make sure that at the end of the workout you still have a decent amount of "gas in the tank". Personally, I prefer to de-load by dropping my weights to 50-60% of what I normally use, stick with the same volume, and focus on refining my form, technique, and mind-muscle connection.

If you want, you can even just take a week off entirely. If you know you are going to be on vacation, for example, just plan your training around it so that you can use that time as a de-load period. You'll be training smart and not feel the need to try to find some way to work out when the rest of your family is relaxing.

Summary:

The goal of a de-load is to allow you to become stronger, faster, and bigger, by incorporating a planned "active recovery" phase into your normal workout program. If you do it correctly, you should be able to make more gains that you would without de-loading, reduce your risk of injury, give yourself a mental break, preemptively address hidden recovery issues.

fitwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    been doing this for years its good for body and soul
    Introduction:

Why should you De-Load:

When to De-Load:

• You train regularly

How to De-Load:

Summary:

Arealbigdeal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Arealbigdeal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Arealbigdeal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Arealbigdeal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Arealbigdeal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Arealbigdeal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Arealbigdeal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Arealbigdeal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Arealbigdeal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Arealbigdeal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Arealbigdeal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    yes, reducing either the intensity or volume of a load to give the muscles and CNS a break.