Halfnelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Halfnelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Halfnelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Halfnelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Halfnelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Halfnelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Halfnelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Halfnelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Halfnelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Halfnelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Halfnelson will become famous soon enough. (+50)

4 day split vs 5 day split?

I'm trying to decide between a 5 day split and 4 day split. I only have Mon-Fri available to workout. I'm just worried about issues of muscle overlap (especially the triceps) within the 5 day split. I'm currently on the 5 day split which is going ok, except my arms are lagging.

5 Day Split
    Monday - Chest
    Tuesday - Back
    Wednesday - Shoulders
    Thursday - Legs
    Friday - Bis/Tris
    Saturday - Off
    Sunday - Off

4 Day Split
    Monday - Chest/Tri (light)
    Tuesday - Back/Bi (light)
    Wednesday - Off
    Thursday - Shoulders/Tri (heavy)
    Friday - Legs/Bi (heavy)
    Saturday - Off
    Sunday - Off

Which do you think would be preferable, especially for arm growth? Why?

THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THE_TRUTH86 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Halfnelson View Post
    I'm trying to decide between a 5 day split and 4 day split. I only have Mon-Fri available to workout. I'm just worried about issues of muscle overlap (especially the triceps) within the 5 day split. I'm currently on the 5 day split which is going ok, except my arms are lagging.

5 Day Split
    Monday - Chest
    Tuesday - Back
    Wednesday - Shoulders
    Thursday - Legs
    Friday - Bis/Tris
    Saturday - Off
    Sunday - Off

4 Day Split
    Monday - Chest/Tri (light)
    Tuesday - Back/Bi (light)
    Wednesday - Off
    Thursday - Shoulders/Tri (heavy)
    Friday - Legs/Bi (heavy)
    Saturday - Off
    Sunday - Off

Which do you think would be preferable, especially for arm growth? Why?
    more rest, nutrition, heavier weights for ur arm workouts and probably take Friday off on ur 5-day and hit them on Sat.
    Ubby 86

I eat, sleep, train, and work hard everyday

guitarnick is on a distinguished road. (+10) guitarnick is on a distinguished road. (+10) guitarnick is on a distinguished road. (+10) guitarnick is on a distinguished road. (+10) guitarnick is on a distinguished road. (+10) guitarnick is on a distinguished road. (+10) guitarnick is on a distinguished road. (+10) guitarnick is on a distinguished road. (+10) guitarnick is on a distinguished road. (+10) guitarnick is on a distinguished road. (+10) guitarnick is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Ubby 86 View Post
    more rest, nutrition, heavier weights for ur arm workouts and probably take Friday off on ur 5-day and hit them on Sat.
    i dont like only having one rest day before chest
    my tri are still sore after just one day
    Follow my log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=117252111

Leanripped is just really nice. (+1000) Leanripped is just really nice. (+1000) Leanripped is just really nice. (+1000) Leanripped is just really nice. (+1000) Leanripped is just really nice. (+1000) Leanripped is just really nice. (+1000) Leanripped is just really nice. (+1000) Leanripped is just really nice. (+1000) Leanripped is just really nice. (+1000) Leanripped is just really nice. (+1000) Leanripped is just really nice. (+1000)
    The 5 day split will work, but it also depends on the excercises you're doing. Make sure you go heavy on compound excercises and the arms will catch up eventually.

Halfnelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Halfnelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Halfnelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Halfnelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Halfnelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Halfnelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Halfnelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Halfnelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Halfnelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Halfnelson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Halfnelson will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks guys, all good responses. I'd love the opportunity to take some rest during the week and workout on a Saturday instead, but unfortunately I can't.

Looks like the 5 day split might be the way to go, especially since I'm already on it. However, the question remains whether the 4 day split is more appropriate? Anyone have any other suggestions?

Big bump guys, I'd really like some more opinions on 4 vs 5 day splits? Having an arm day in the 5 day split can be useful, but then again a 4 day split would allow me to hit the bi's and tri's twice each week (once light and once heavy), with plenty of rest in between workouts and very little risk of overtraining.

m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    5 day split