MrMonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cheap pre-workout pump?

I have been looking at all the talk about products like Jack3d lately and decided on buying it until I saw the price tag, was wondering if there is anything I can improvise to make it? Such as Caffeine Pills or whatever?

Thanks in advance

SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Caffeine, Amino Acids (Arginine for blood flow), and Carbs.

MrMonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrMonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SeanP35 View Post
    Caffeine, Amino Acids (Arginine for blood flow), and Carbs.
    Where can I get Arginine?

SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by MrMonster View Post
    Where can I get Arginine?
    You should be able to get it in powder or pill form from just about any supplement store. Same with Caffeine. It's pretty cheap to buy, and it'll very much help with the pump you want and blood flow to the muscles.

You should be able to get it in powder or pill form from just about any supplement store. Same with Caffeine. It's pretty cheap to buy, and it'll very much help with the pump you want and blood flow to the muscles.
    Thanks alot man, repped.

I'll look into getting a small batch of all those and see how it works out.. By carbs, would a Banana or two be a good example of them?

Thanks alot man, repped.

I'll look into getting a small batch of all those and see how it works out.. By carbs, would a Banana or two be a good example of them?
    Any carbs you'd like. They're not completely necessary if you have energy and have been eating, but they're a good addition otherwise. And yeah, bananas would do just fine. They would probably be even better than most, actually, because of the electrolytes you get with the potassium. It helps with recovery and preventing muscle cramps and such.

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot to add. It's not necessary, but if you want you could use some creatine in there as well. Glutamine, too, for post-workout recovery.

Any carbs you'd like. They're not completely necessary if you have energy and have been eating, but they're a good addition otherwise. And yeah, bananas would do just fine. They would probably be even better than most, actually, because of the electrolytes you get with the potassium. It helps with recovery and preventing muscle cramps and such.
    Know your stuff for your age dude lol

Thanks alot, i'm just lookin' into some Caffiene and Arginine Powders atm.

EDIT: Do you mean Creatine and Glutamine seperately? I'm on Creatine atm, and I have a bag of Glutamine that I play to take when I start training on Monday

Know your stuff for your age dude lol

Thanks alot, i'm just lookin' into some Caffiene and Arginine Powders atm.
    Sounds good. A very simple shake would be:

Caffeine
    Arginine
    Creatine (Optional)
    Beta-Alanine (Optional. Only if you like a buzz out of it)
    Glutamine (Optional. For recovery)

EDIT: If you are already taking creatine, don't worry about adding it to this. Glutamine can be taken pre-workout, intra-workout, post-workout. Whichever you would prefer to do. It doesn't have to be together.

Caffeine
    Arginine
    Creatine (Optional)

EDIT: If you are already taking creatine, don't worry about adding it to this. Glutamine can be taken pre-workout, intra-workout, post-workout. Whichever you would prefer to do. It doesn't have to be together.
    I think i'll do the Creatine and Glutamine PWO like I usually do and have the 'boost' shake around 30 mins before my workout, that sound alright?

I think i'll do the Creatine and Glutamine PWO like I usually do and have the 'boost' shake around 30 mins before my workout, that sound alright?
    With it being Caffeine and Arginine, I'd say even 20 minutes should be just fine. 30 minutes would work as well, though. And what you're doing with the Creatine and Glutamine would be perfect.

With it being Caffeine and Arginine, I'd say even 20 minutes should be just fine. 30 minutes would work as well, though. And what you're doing with the Creatine and Glutamine would be perfect.
    Thanks a lot for the advice, cleared up a lot of my questions man. Ashame I can only rep ya once.

Thanks a lot for the advice, cleared up a lot of my questions man. Ashame I can only rep ya once.
    No problem, bud. And no worries. Good luck!

ugmung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ugmung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ugmung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ugmung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ugmung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ugmung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ugmung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ugmung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ugmung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ugmung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    my preworkout meal consists of:

white castle burgers, an apple, a tall glass of chocolate milk about an hour before i workout.

then 20 min before i go to the gym i make a shake of gaterade (powered), arginine powder 5g, beta-alanine 5g, creatine monohydrate 1 tsp, BCAAs 5g, guarana (caffeine) 180mg

and i walk around with a sports bottle with gaterade (powdered) and 10g of BCAAs (it's a rather large bottle) when i'm at the gym.

greatest idea ever.

if you buy everything in bulk, depending on how often you go to the gym, bulk supps will last you a couple of months. <$50

www.purebulk.com
    Last edited by ugmung; 01-02-2010 at 07:45 PM.
    Weight- 145
    Overhead Press- 160
    Squat- 305
    Bench- 250
    Deadlift- 395

follow my training & diet blog
    http://carbsareevil.tumblr.com/

th3futur3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) th3futur3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) th3futur3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) th3futur3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) th3futur3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) th3futur3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) th3futur3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) th3futur3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) th3futur3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) th3futur3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) th3futur3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Caffeine
    Arginine
    Creatine (Optional)

glutamine is absolutely useless and a waste of money, beta alanine only for the buzz? Beta alanine is probably one of the newest and best supplements on the market since creatine, also you recomending any carb? Theres alot of carbs out there...stick with oatmeal and whole foods and don't waste money on caffeine and arginine, make sure your diet is in check and your hydrated...then you will have the best pumps of your life...

ugmung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ugmung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ugmung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ugmung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ugmung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ugmung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ugmung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ugmung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ugmung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ugmung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by th3futur3 View Post
    glutamine is absolutely useless and a waste of money, beta alanine only for the buzz? Beta alanine is probably one of the newest and best supplements on the market since creatine, also you recomending any carb? Theres alot of carbs out there...stick with oatmeal and whole foods and don't waste money on caffeine and arginine, make sure your diet is in check and your hydrated...then you will have the best pumps of your life...
    if glutamine is useless, then why is there so much of it in your body? it isn't that important to go nuts over, no, but i wouldn't consider it useless.

beta-alanine is slowly becoming very popular, and for a good reason. it's a fantastic supp to take, imo. i suggest you research into it a little bit OP.

are caffeine and arginine necessary? no, but some people like their effects.
    Weight- 145
    Overhead Press- 160
    Squat- 305
    Bench- 250
    Deadlift- 395

Originally Posted by th3futur3 View Post
    Beta Alanine gives you a buzz and somewhat helps out but is NOT NECESSARY, like I said. Glutamine is useless? Just leave. Get off the forums. Please. Everybody's knowledge of supplements would be a whole lot better for it. There's no reason to have a full meal of carbs beforehand, either. And no, you will not have the best pumps of your life by eating properly.

Let's put it this way. Are pre-workout supplements necessary? No, and a lot of people don't use them. Just because you don't doesn't mean the OP can't.

Beta Alanine gives you a buzz and somewhat helps out but is NOT NECESSARY, like I said. Glutamine is useless? Just leave. Get off the forums. Please. Everybody's knowledge of supplements would be a whole lot better for it. There's no reason to have a full meal of carbs beforehand, either. And no, you will not have the best pumps of your life by eating properly.

Let's put it this way. Are pre-workout supplements necessary? No, and a lot of people don't use them. Just because you don't doesn't mean the OP can't.
    you should research more into beta-alanine too. people don't take BA for the "buzz"
    Weight- 145
    Overhead Press- 160
    Squat- 305
    Bench- 250
    Deadlift- 395

th3futur3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) th3futur3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) th3futur3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) th3futur3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) th3futur3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) th3futur3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) th3futur3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) th3futur3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) th3futur3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) th3futur3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) th3futur3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

And no, you will not have the best pumps of your life by eating properly....hahhhhhhhh i mean the kid could spend 15-20 bucks on glutamine or just get some steak...your a moron

Originally Posted by ugmung View Post
    if glutamine is useless, then why is there so much of it in your body? it isn't that important to go nuts over, no, but i wouldn't consider it useless.

beta-alanine is slowly becoming very popular, and for a good reason. it's a fantastic supp to take, imo. i suggest you research into it a little bit OP.

are caffeine and arginine necessary? no, but some people like their effects.

what i was trying to say spending quality money on a product would be adverse to if he spent it on something more important like whole foods, he should be researching how to perfect his diet and not on supplements. The basics always work, and reassuring he gets his basic whole foods is the most important thing for him to do right now.

msuwo will become famous soon enough. (+50) msuwo will become famous soon enough. (+50) msuwo will become famous soon enough. (+50) msuwo will become famous soon enough. (+50) msuwo will become famous soon enough. (+50) msuwo will become famous soon enough. (+50) msuwo will become famous soon enough. (+50) msuwo will become famous soon enough. (+50) msuwo will become famous soon enough. (+50) msuwo will become famous soon enough. (+50) msuwo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have been looking at all the talk about products like Jack3d lately and decided on buying it until I saw the price tag, was wondering if there is anything I can improvise to make it? Such as Caffeine Pills or whatever?

Thanks in advance
    No one mentioned NO yet? I've never bought any, so it may be expensive for all I know.
    "Look at yourself in the mirror each morning before you go to the gym; that's the guy you want to beat every time."
    Bench: 5x235
    Squat: 5x275
    Deadlift: 5x315
    ***Gettingitdun17 "You don't bench 245" crew***

Originally Posted by msuwo View Post
    No one mentioned NO yet? I've never bought any, so it may be expensive for all I know.
    N.O. = no

waste of money. all nitric oxide products are is arginine and sugar, you don't need it.

as whole foods are a yes, for me, i like the effects of certain ingredients as a PWO supp. if the kid wants a pump, then let him have a pump. there is no harm in that. if he wastes all of his money on PWO supps and doesn't eat correctly, he'll learn his lesson. get back to the question at hand, the kid is looking for a "cheap pre-workout pump" so don't lecture him on "perfecting his diet" because you don't know what that kid puts in his mouth.

if he has a question about his diet, he will ask about it. if he doesn't understand the importance of a 'correct' diet, than that is his own fault and he will learn the hard way. he came here for knowledge and insight, not to be lectured by some kid telling he is "wrong" for asking a question.

you can't be wrong when answering a question, so don't make it seem like he is wrong for asking a question about pre-workout supps.
    Weight- 145
    Overhead Press- 160
    Squat- 305
    Bench- 250
    Deadlift- 395