Thread: Rollerblading?

Bobbia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Question Rollerblading?

I know a woman who doesn't diet or exercise really(in fact she's getting her 'stomach fat' sucked out the day after tomorrow, again) but she has some severely developed quads(in a good way imo)! I asked her how she developed 'em and she said rollerblading. Apparently she is a fanatic and has been for years. I am so getting a pair on Monday.

I had no idea rollerblading was such good exercise? Maybe because I've never done it. Does anyone else swear by it?

mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mellie369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hell ya! Rollerblading rocks!! I can't attribute my quad strength to it (not that there is a lot, lol) but I definitely feel a burn in them (and my butt) while rollerblading!! It's great cardio too!!

Subtitles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Subtitles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Subtitles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Subtitles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Subtitles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Subtitles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Subtitles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Subtitles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Subtitles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Subtitles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Subtitles is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Not to hijack the thread, but would ice skating have the same results?
    "He who says he can and he who says he can't are usually both right."

"You can throw in the towel, or use it to wipe the sweat off your face."

jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000) jcbrowns is just really nice. (+1000)
    I usually don't reply to female sections because I'm a male but it won't hurt doing ice skating but imo roller blading would be better because there is more resistance compared to a flat smooth ice rink. Your legs and body would have to work harder due to the not so level terrain.

celbii will become famous soon enough. (+50) celbii will become famous soon enough. (+50) celbii will become famous soon enough. (+50) celbii will become famous soon enough. (+50) celbii will become famous soon enough. (+50) celbii will become famous soon enough. (+50) celbii will become famous soon enough. (+50) celbii will become famous soon enough. (+50) celbii will become famous soon enough. (+50) celbii will become famous soon enough. (+50) celbii will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Rollerblading is great, i used to do it daily in 98-00 when i was a younger lad, and recently after some heart problems i am starting it again and got my GF a pair for Christmas so i can teacher her so we can hit up some nice lake trails to skate on and get some good cardio workout. If you do decide to start skating and your scared, dont be! one thing that hinders alot of people that just start out skating is the fear of falling and hurting yourself or breaking something. When I had my girlfriend try on her skates on Christmas she was freaking out because she didnt want to fall and hurt her self. Just pad your self up and realize that falling is part of learning, and you'll learn to fall. And don't worry about looking dorky with all the pads and helmets, when you old and still skating you'll thank your self for it later!
    Doing it for real this time. No excuses.
    -I always rep back-
    Supps:
    Multivitamin
    My workout journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150099593&p=988724823
    If you have a hard time swallowing pills try my method.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=114740701
    http://okcwarehouse.com/

hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I love rollerblading!!! I'm actually going rollerblading tomorrow! My legs definitely feel worked afterwards, especially my inner thighs!
    Push it to the limit!!!!

Favorite saying - GO GET IT!

I am a "beastess" - thanks Brian!!!

12-11-10 first powerlifting meet
    314.16/187/341 - 843 lbs total raw!

3-26-11 USPA state championship
    314.16/198.7/352 - 865lbs total raw - best female raw lifter (Open division)

On to nationals!!!

Bobbia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Good to know!

Subtitles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Subtitles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Subtitles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Subtitles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Subtitles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Subtitles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Subtitles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Subtitles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Subtitles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Subtitles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Subtitles is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm thinking it might be time to learn how to rollerblade (you know, when there isn't a foot of snow on the ground)!
    "He who says he can and he who says he can't are usually both right."

"You can throw in the towel, or use it to wipe the sweat off your face."

creatine a masterpiece Downwthesicknes's Avatar
    Downwthesicknes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Downwthesicknes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Downwthesicknes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Downwthesicknes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Downwthesicknes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Downwthesicknes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Downwthesicknes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Downwthesicknes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Downwthesicknes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Downwthesicknes will become famous soon enough. (+50) Downwthesicknes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Subtitles View Post
    I'm thinking it might be time to learn how to rollerblade (you know, when there isn't a foot of snow on the ground)!
    I know how.. but its -3 degrees here with about 6 inches of snow rollerblading would be awesome.. but i'm just trying to keep my nose hairs from freezing when I walk in and out of the gym. lol!

cheers!

andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    rollerblading is awesome. def give it a go!

limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Ice skating probably would have the same results, since it's the same movement (rollerblades having been invented specifically to emulate ice skates).
    "This," I said pleasantly, "is known as getting it on."

.Zaher. is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Zaher. is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Zaher. is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Zaher. is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Zaher. is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Zaher. is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Zaher. is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Zaher. is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Zaher. is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Zaher. is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Zaher. is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by limniade View Post
    Ice skating probably would have the same results, since it's the same movement (rollerblades having been invented specifically to emulate ice skates).

Been thinking to try iceskating for the first time. Is it the same as rollerblading skill and balance wise?
    More Sex and Violence Please

_Kitty_ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Before I started working out my main activity was rollerblading, mostly just as a cheap and fast way to get around the city. I built amazing quads over the years. So yeah, blading does do that!! Now I play roller derby which is on quad roller skates ("old school") and same result..I can avoid doing leg workouts and my quads still remain in great shape due to skating. Still working on the hammys though.

You are so lucky to be able to skate this time of year!!!

I know thank goodness for southern California! I plan on sunbathing in the park today.

1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Red face

Im scared to rollerblad, I should just get over it.

Red face

Ummm yeah...bought my blades and protective gear today.....sh*t is mad hard dudettes. I practiced for a while and I could not figure out 'the glide' by any means. Let alone breaking or turning or being able to balance on one foot... I'm gonna try again tonight. I'm soooo not looking glamorous on my blades for a while LOL. It makes my lower back ache so hard too to where I had to stop. I also fell about twenty times; thank god my friend made my buy a helmet.

Originally Posted by 1972girl View Post
    Im scared to rollerblad, I should just get over it.
    I do not blame you!

Registered User happyactivegirl's Avatar
    happyactivegirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Indoor options

Originally Posted by Bobbia View Post
    I do not blame you!
    If it is too cold to skate outdoors, many places have roller-rinks still. Just watch out for the kids - they are fearless speed demons.

This is basically how it went down:
    Attached Images

I'm not proud.

DeTazMan is a name known to all. (+5000) DeTazMan is a name known to all. (+5000) DeTazMan is a name known to all. (+5000) DeTazMan is a name known to all. (+5000) DeTazMan is a name known to all. (+5000) DeTazMan is a name known to all. (+5000) DeTazMan is a name known to all. (+5000) DeTazMan is a name known to all. (+5000) DeTazMan is a name known to all. (+5000) DeTazMan is a name known to all. (+5000) DeTazMan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Bobbia View Post
    Ummm yeah...bought my blades and protective gear today.....sh*t is mad hard dudettes. I practiced for a while and I could not figure out 'the glide' by any means. Let alone breaking or turning or being able to balance on one foot... I'm gonna try again tonight. I'm soooo not looking glamorous on my blades for a while LOL. It makes my lower back ache so hard too to where I had to stop. I also fell about twenty times; thank god my friend made my buy a helmet.
    Find a grassy area first and get used to the feel of them. Walk around in the grass until you feel comfortable. The glide will come fairly easy and braking does take time. You might feel more comfortable using the t-stop instead of the brake.

When my friend wasn't dragging me behind her on the cement pathway I was attempting to glide on the grass. That was the easy part(that and being dragged)!!