Closed Thread
Page 46 of 340 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 96 146 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 10198
    PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by 2020Wellness View Post
    I workout at home
    If I had your kind of setup Ryan I might never leave my home .
    Online Training Services available. PM me for details.

damirk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) damirk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) damirk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) damirk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) damirk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) damirk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) damirk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) damirk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) damirk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) damirk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Damirk,

I notice that you like to ask me how I feel about your complexes As long as you are working your general full body, are using movements that will reinforce your GST workouts, and aren't going too heavy, you will be successful with your complexes. Use those three pointers when making your complex designs.

Does that help you out?
    OK! cool, The reason why i ask is i want the opinion of the man himself. But yea that makes sense thanks again.

P.S. about the strong/weak point post....I have played soccer growing up so thats why my legs are naturally stronger.

PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ryan those high rep front squats followed by lunges totally finished off my quads today. I can already tell I'm gonna have some crazy DOMS the next 2 days. Loved it. Thanks for the layout.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post486003541

kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by PuffinMyLye View Post
    Ryan those high rep front squats followed by lunges totally finished off my quads today. I can already tell I'm gonna have some crazy DOMS the next 2 days. Loved it. Thanks for the layout.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post486003541
    I have been doing the front squat/barbell lunge supplements back to back for the last 11 weeks. The high rep cycles hurt more than the higher intensity micros. A couple of weeks ago I was the sorest I had ever been in my life after that torture. Took 3 days to walk normally again. They have really put some muscle on my quads though. I even have calf definition now. I really look forward to finishing the back/front squat lunge day. Leaves me wiped out.
    Go Fishin'. The Fish Shall Provide.
    -------------------------------

Magic_Muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was talking about workouts like P90X or Insanity, that type of thing. If so I was wondering what your experiences were

K-Krakrz will become famous soon enough. (+50) K-Krakrz will become famous soon enough. (+50) K-Krakrz will become famous soon enough. (+50) K-Krakrz will become famous soon enough. (+50) K-Krakrz will become famous soon enough. (+50) K-Krakrz will become famous soon enough. (+50) K-Krakrz will become famous soon enough. (+50) K-Krakrz will become famous soon enough. (+50) K-Krakrz will become famous soon enough. (+50) K-Krakrz will become famous soon enough. (+50) K-Krakrz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Push workout

BB flat Bench:

10x 20kg
    6x30kg
    5x30kg
    7x37.5kg- PR (?)
    6x37.5kg
    6x37.5kg
    5x37.5kg
    7x35kg

Comments: last week i benched 35kgs x 8, 7, 6, 6 reps. Today i moved the weight up, but i could only manage 7, 6, 6, 5 reps. Would you call it progress? Main reason was that i had to wait for the bench to be freed up, and i was half warming up, half work setting in the smith machine at 30kgs lol. However, i guess i managed to bench 7 x 35 kgs, even after 4 sets of 37.5 kgs so i think i improved.
    Clearly, you fatigued yourself much more than necessary as a warm up. The warm up is actually not supposed to fatigue you AT ALL. Chalk the missed reps up to your heavier than necessary warm up, no doubt.

Db Incline Bench

12 x 12.5kg
    8x12.5kg
    5x12.5kg

Comments: I think i tried too hard on the 1st set, by the 3rd set i pretty much collapsed from exhaustion. I tried to do 4 sets, but i didnt hav it in me.
    Make sure that the next time you see this rep/set/intensity scheme that you use the same weight and go for more reps.

Incline Flies

10x 9kgs
    8x9kgs
    12x8kgs

Comments: My chest was having a good workout, so i just wanted to blast my pecs more with some flies... no harm right?
    Incline flies are on the list, yep.

Shoulder db Press

9kgs x 11
    9kg x 8
    9kg x 9

Comments: argh...im just so crap at doing these! I think that i need to improve my shoulder strength if im to improve on bench press more quickly.
    If you feel that shoulder press is a weak point, either prioritize them more by putting them earlier in the workout, or read the eBook and look into the GST weak point training methods.

Well, even though i had no time to do tricep work i still felt it was a good workout.

I have deadlifts next, last week i was doing 7,6,6,6 x 47.5 kgs, but i felt i might have rounded my back A LITTLE and i had a bt back stiffness afterwards. Should i still try to increase weight, or should i stay the same, trying to get better form+ more reps this time?
    If deads are your core lift, then you should only be doing 3 sets of them. If they are not, and you were on your 8-10 day for supplement lifts, you just went too heavy. Leave the ego at the door.
    deadlifts are my core lift. I have for supplements hyperextension, lying leg curl, and reverse crunch. I want to get a feel for the stiff legged deads to properly do next week though.

Isnt it supposed to be 3 work sets for the core lifts, and finish off with 1 AMRAP set?

hm... I might up the weight to 50kgs, but only for a few reps, to test a PR. If im not feeling so great though, i think ill stick with the same weight for my deadlifts and shoot for some good sets of 8 reps this time, for my lower back

kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000) kilgoreklink is just really nice. (+1000)

3rd Lift 3rd Macro

Journal Here
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post486219231

Still have that pain in my upper left back. Having to put heat on it every day. Once I got warmed up for my deadlift I didnt even notice it. Strange, must be focussed(sp)
    Reading the ebook over and over, trying to learn it forward and backward.
    Based on my AMRAP set this morning I kicked up my 1RM from 294 to 306lbs. Will know my true 1RM for my next macro at the end of next week. Not bad for being on a ketogenic diet. Ive lost 15 lbs over that time. Back under 200 to 198lbs.
    Last edited by kilgoreklink; 05-05-2010 at 05:44 AM.

Dr.John is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dr.John is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dr.John is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dr.John is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dr.John is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dr.John is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dr.John is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dr.John is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dr.John is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dr.John is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dr.John is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have to mention something that I'm noticing more and more of. Nearly all of the present people who are getting the free program design have their legs listed as their strong point and their chests/press listed as their weak point. I find this interesting.

Most of the time I see people who work their upper body and not their lower body. Are many people coming off of a Starting Strength upbringing? I get the feeling that SS produces strong lower bodies, but not such strong upper bodies. Maybe I'm wrong, and correct me if I am.

Just thinking out loud here.
    I think your observations are correct, Ryan. Personally, I am coming off of 6 months of a 5X5 routine, which is very leg intensive (squatting 3 days per week). For me as well, it comes down to safety. I feel more comfortable in a squat rack being able to dump the bar if I get in trouble - I am less likely to feel that way doing a traditional bench press where I typically don't have a spotter around to get me out of trouble should I find myself in it.

Had my first GST session last night (Press) and am feeling the effects of it this morning . I think I am going to have to recalculate my 1RM for the standing BB press. Haven't tried that one free standing before, and the increased balance requirements were a bit of a surprise. Aside from not hitting the reps I was expecting for my core lift, it was a great workout - I think this is going to be quite the routine. I can easily see how you can use this type of flexible program for a long time.

Thanks for putting it all together for us

-John

Dr.John is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dr.John is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dr.John is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dr.John is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dr.John is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dr.John is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dr.John is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dr.John is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dr.John is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dr.John is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dr.John is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Magic_Muscle View Post
    I was talking about workouts like P90X or Insanity, that type of thing. If so I was wondering what your experiences were
    I ran through P90X and P90X plus about 2 years ago to whip myself into shape prior to moving on to Starting Strength and 5X5 routines. It really peeled the fat off of my body and got me to a point where I felt like I could handle strength training without any concerns.

damirk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) damirk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) damirk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) damirk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) damirk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) damirk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) damirk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) damirk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) damirk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) damirk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    3rd Press 2nd macro (90% 1RM=140lb)

Incline BB

95-8x w/u
    100-6x w/u BB explosive bench press 4x
    115-4x w/u BB explosive bench press 2x
    125-2x w/u BB explosive bench press 2x
    140-5x w/s AMRAP (needed spot on last rep)
    140-3x w/s BB explosive bench press 2x
    140-3x w/s BB explosive bench press 2x

Incline DB Flyes
    35-6x
    40-6x
    40-6x
    40-6x
    45-5x

C/G smith machine bench press

115-6x
    120-6x
    120-6x
    125-6x

Dips
    B/W-6x
    B/W-6x
    B/W-6x
    B/W-5x

Push Press

75-6x
    80-6x
    80-6x
    85-5x ( try to force 6 reps but form broke down)

Reverse grip tricep pushdown

70-15x
    70-12x
    77.5-12x
    90-9x

Almost done with my second Macro. Overall happy with the program. I have put on 2lbs while I have been on the program. This might not seem a lot especially in the amount of time ive been on, but considering my background battling an eating disorder as well as not being on a workout routine consistently for more than a month, I am very happy with that progress. I really enjoy the way the program is set up, and looking to stay on it for quite a while with the hope of using it to reach my goal weight of 165lbs (148 currently) and sub 10% BF (currently around 12%) by the end of they year.

chunkyfatboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkyfatboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkyfatboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkyfatboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkyfatboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkyfatboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkyfatboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkyfatboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkyfatboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkyfatboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkyfatboy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ryan, I'll be buying your ebook here shortly for two reasons. One being I'm certain it has great info and two becuz you deserve it!!!

My only question is should I scrap the p90x? I have four weeks to go. Somebody convince me either way.

Originally Posted by chunkyfatboy View Post
    Ryan, I'll be buying your ebook here shortly for two reasons. One being I'm certain it has great info and two becuz you deserve it!!!

My only question is should I scrap the p90x? I have four weeks to go. Somebody convince me either way.
    I've heard good things about p90x, how is it working for you? are you making good progress? If so my recommendation is to stick it out the final four weeks then jump on board with GST. In the mean time, buy the book, read it several times through to really educate your self about how the program works. Personally speaking, I love the program as i have mentioned in several posts before. Its great for any level weight lifter and its easily adaptable to schedule and weight lifting goal (cut, bulk etc). Those are my 2 cents, but you can do as you wish :-)

2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by damirk View Post
    I've heard good things about p90x, how is it working for you? are you making good progress? If so my recommendation is to stick it out the final four weeks then jump on board with GST. In the mean time, buy the book, read it several times through to really educate your self about how the program works. Personally speaking, I love the program as i have mentioned in several posts before. Its great for any level weight lifter and its easily adaptable to schedule and weight lifting goal (cut, bulk etc). Those are my 2 cents, but you can do as you wish :-)
    I have to agree with this, because its simply logical advice, which I'm a fan of. You'll have solid conditioning coming into GST by putting in your time with P90X. GST has some high rep days, so that will be helpful for you Chunk.
    trainingwithryan.substack.com

2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

See my above reply for an answer. Thanks for the kind words btw, I'm glad to hear it.

Originally Posted by K-Krakrz View Post
    deadlifts are my core lift. I have for supplements hyperextension, lying leg curl, and reverse crunch. I want to get a feel for the stiff legged deads to properly do next week though.

Isnt it supposed to be 3 work sets for the core lifts, and finish off with 1 AMRAP set?

hm... I might up the weight to 50kgs, but only for a few reps, to test a PR. If im not feeling so great though, i think ill stick with the same weight for my deadlifts and shoot for some good sets of 8 reps this time, for my lower back
    No, it is 2 predetermined rep sets and one AMRAP set. I have a feeling you are approaching the program in the wrong manner based on your posts. I suggest reading over the first two pages or picking up the book by following the link in my signature. Re-read some things a few times, it'll help you out immensely!

pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by kilgoreklink View Post
    I have been doing the front squat/barbell lunge supplements back to back for the last 11 weeks. The high rep cycles hurt more than the higher intensity micros. A couple of weeks ago I was the sorest I had ever been in my life after that torture. Took 3 days to walk normally again. They have really put some muscle on my quads though. I even have calf definition now. I really look forward to finishing the back/front squat lunge day. Leaves me wiped out.
    Can you share a little bit of the difference between DB lunges and BB lunges? Due to space requirements at my gym, I decided to go with DB lunges just to take up less space, but should I be doing BB lunges instead?

I guess it involves more balance and core to keep that weight up on your traps, eh? Maybe I should be doing those instead.

Lunges

Originally Posted by pezking7p View Post
    Can you share a little bit of the difference between DB lunges and BB lunges? Due to space requirements at my gym, I decided to go with DB lunges just to take up less space, but should I be doing BB lunges instead?

I guess it involves more balance and core to keep that weight up on your traps, eh? Maybe I should be doing those instead.
    I use the barbell. There is a lot more core stabilization that needs to get done with the bar on your back. Im no expert by any means, but I feel I'm getting tons more work done with the barbell lunges. I also do staionary lunges, not walking lunges. It doesnt take much more space than squats. I have a power rack in my garage and wouldnt be able to take more than two steps in any direction with a bar on my back. I assume it helps with my squats also as far as callusing up a nice platform on my back.
    When I do the high rep lunges it kills me. Its my last supp on squat day. After heavy back squat, high rep front squat the lunges completely kill me. When I finish the lunges it feels like I am getting out of jail. The high rep squat days waste me more than any other day.

One thing you can do while finishing up P90 is choose your core and supp lifts. Then find your core One Rep Maxes so you will be able to jump right into GST once you finish the with P90.

Giving Up GST

Going to have to give up GST. My eyes were opened up to a new revolutionary way of training for the price of the GST EBook. Only have to work out for 6 minutes now. Dynamic Inertia here I come. Plus, it has an Iron Clad Kick Butt Garuntee. Thanks Ryan, but who can resist this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbsSeVr5NSI

Going to have to give up GST. My eyes were opened up to a new revolutionary way of training for the price of the GST EBook. Only have to work out for 6 minutes now. Dynamic Inertia here I come. Plus, it has an Iron Clad Kick Butt Garuntee. Thanks Ryan, but who can resist this
    Dude that's how I got HUGE...you won't regret it .

chunkyfatboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkyfatboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkyfatboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkyfatboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkyfatboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkyfatboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkyfatboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkyfatboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkyfatboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkyfatboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) chunkyfatboy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    When I started I was a complete couch potato, skinny/fat azz, doughnut eating SOB. Now I am that turned fitness freak so with that said, it's done wonders for me mentally. Physically, I have loss about 5-8 percent body fat in two months and even put on a little muscle but I am still a light weight (155-160 lbs) with PLENTY of room to grow in all aspects of fitness starting with strength. It definitely whipped me into shape (cardio/flexibilty wise) relatively quickly and I am starting to look like my late teens/early twenties (which aint good at 28). I'm just looking forward to throwing a little muscle on my bony frame but I'll tough it out and finish.

Here's my journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...2580351&page=6

One thing you can do while finishing up P90 is choose your core and supp lifts. Then find your core One Rep Maxes so you will be able to jump right into GST once you finish the with P90.
    I have it all laid out nicely in excel. I did it about a month ago, lol. That's how long I've been itching to start. I will definitely be working on finding my maxes during my final week.

ranthal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ranthal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ranthal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ranthal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ranthal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ranthal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ranthal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ranthal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ranthal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ranthal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ranthal has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by PuffinMyLye View Post
    Dude that's how I got HUGE...you won't regret it .
    dude when he is holding that thing in front of his face i lost it
    "Adversity is the state in which man mostly easily becomes acquainted with himself."
    Coach John Wooden

_kai_

GST log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=485192061

Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Question for you, Wellness: Why should I buy your ebook when you have essentially posted the program over the first few pages of the thread? I'm a college student and strapped for cash but I really like what I've seen on this thread and am thinking about starting this program within two weeks.

GSZ1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GSZ1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GSZ1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GSZ1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GSZ1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GSZ1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GSZ1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GSZ1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GSZ1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GSZ1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) GSZ1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    LMAO WOW... Can't believe they didn't think to have a protein shake spray out of the end of it after 6 minutes of working it... and the "Iron Clad Kick Butt Guarantee" hahahahahahahaha

Edit:
    LOL... all you have to do is watch it from 1:34 to 1:41. Can't stop watching/laughing at this for some reason
    Last edited by GSZ1; 05-05-2010 at 10:19 PM.

K-Krakrz will become famous soon enough. (+50) K-Krakrz will become famous soon enough. (+50) K-Krakrz will become famous soon enough. (+50) K-Krakrz will become famous soon enough. (+50) K-Krakrz will become famous soon enough. (+50) K-Krakrz will become famous soon enough. (+50) K-Krakrz will become famous soon enough. (+50) K-Krakrz will become famous soon enough. (+50) K-Krakrz will become famous soon enough. (+50) K-Krakrz will become famous soon enough. (+50) K-Krakrz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    No, it is 2 predetermined rep sets and one AMRAP set. I have a feeling you are approaching the program in the wrong manner based on your posts. I suggest reading over the first two pages or picking up the book by following the link in my signature. Re-read some things a few times, it'll help you out immensely!
    just read over everything again, i have a better understanding now. Cant buy the ebook though, i have to beg to my parents just for a gym membership lol

anyway, today was LIFT day:

deadlifts:

WU 8x 30kg
    WU 5x 40kg
    WS 8x 47.5kg
    WS 8x 47.5kg
    WS 6x47.5kg ( fingers slipped, i had 1 more in me )
    AMRAP 6 x 47.5 kg

Glute machine ( its a compund exercise, where you push the weights away from you with your legs, works quads+glutes+ hamstrings, but mainly glutes. )

11x 55kg
    10x 55kg
    9x 55kg

Leg Curl

10x50kg
    8x50kg
    7x50kg

Hyperextensions ( 1st time doing them, went light )

18x 5kg
    15x 5kg
    15x 5kg

dumbell wrist curls:

10x 7kg
    10x 7kg
    10x7kg
    Overall: i couldnt do 50kg for deadlift, but i increased the reps... and i think ive got form down- i used to always raise my hips before shoulders, and round my back a bit. However, after watching lots of videos i managed to keep hips low, and drive weight through my heels. Feeling pumped for 50kgs next week.

i did some wrist curls because i feel my grip is failing me on my deadlifts and pullups.

Originally Posted by Reid456 View Post
    Question for you, Wellness: Why should I buy your ebook when you have essentially posted the program over the first few pages of the thread? I'm a college student and strapped for cash but I really like what I've seen on this thread and am thinking about starting this program within two weeks.
    Definitely a worthwhile question. First off, its hard for me to understand how people don't see the value in proper programming. I know that I feel this way because I understand what difference smart training can make. This is what I do, and I see the value in it. Based on how much a smart program can change your training career, the book is actually work 100s of dollars, and I'm being serious about that.

Sure, there is plenty of information in this thread. You can definitely piece together a solid GST program based off of this thread. One of the reasons I put the info out there was so that people could do this, because I believe in helping people out. What you don't get in this thread is the amount of general training philosophy, reasoning behind the program's concepts, detailed layouts, detailed explanations of principles, and a good solid read.

There are concepts mentioned in the book that aren't mentioned here as well. Basically, there are 65 pages in the book with no pictures. There is a fraction of that detailed here. Since you're in college right now, I'm guessing you wouldn't bat an eye at dropping 30 bucks on a case of beer, haha. I've been there.

What I can tell you is that my number one regret in my training is not jumping on a program sooner. This is something you'll learn in time too if you don't get on at least SOME reputable program. The book has value attached to it, and I feel confident in saying that. Not to mention the first 100 buyers bonus.

Good luck Reid! Here are some buyers who have something to add on the subject of your post as well.

Bought the book and read it today. Like you mentioned you can piece together a program based on the info on the thread but there is plenty of other information in the book that makes it worth the buy such as the weak point training and a more in depth view at the complexes. I would recommend purchasing it just simply as a thank you to you, Ryan for introducing us to the program. It definitely opened my eyes in regards to proper training. Also not to mention the first 100 buyers perk! looking forward to getting a personalized program together. A question for you Ryan, does the personal program include nutrition as well, if not can we work something out in so you can set up a nutrition plan for me because thats the area of my training that is lacking right now.
    Originally Posted by ranthal View Post
    Hey Ryan, quick question... like I mentioned I'll be bulking, microcycle intensities at 60-70-80-90 or 65-75-85-95? Originally you laid out intensity as a function of training experience but some new info lays it out as a function of diet.

Now a plug:

I'm about halfway through the book... I'd be further but I was working on finding my DL max yesterday at lunch so I was wiped out when I got home. Totally worth it as I managed to lift 305x5 compared to when I started DLing in September and maxed out at 255x1 hahaha.

Anyway, the book is definitely worth it. Like 2020 mentioned there's a lot of general training philosophy in it that makes it well rounded and worth the $ over just reading this thread. I've also been reading Starting Strength in tandem and there are so many common ideas behind both books that you can tell the people writing them know what they are talking about.

And look at it this way, it's not even the cost of a 5 lb tub of protein powder. I know my training will get way more out of the book than the powder, especially in the long run
    Wow, lots of new stuff to digest in the Ebook. Glad to see the Ab training, but I must confess, my GST schedule already kicks my ass as is.(Ass as is?????). Looking forward to it though, I will throw the first ab workout in tomorrow on Pull day. I dont know what half those ab exercises are, I will have to look some up.
    I was looking forward to what the weak point training was. It suprised me that it would cost a supplement lift. I dont think I am prepared to give one up at this point. Makes a guy reconsider what his weak point is. I am glad it has a price to pay otherwise I would just pick one I "thought" was a weak point. If I am going to have to give up a supp lift I am going to make damn sure it really is a weak point that needs addressing.
    Thanks again for the hard work you put into this.
    I also like your passion for gym work, If I can put half the passion into GST that I have for Fly Fishing and Roasting Coffee I can become a monster. :-)

I didn't even watch it, but I think I know what it is......lol.

3rd Press 3rd Macro

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...ght=gst&page=3

My nemesis the bench press again. How can a guy get weaker pushing this kind of weight. All my other lifts are progressing on a great scale except bench press. Arrrrrgh. I wonder if going two back to back days this week casued some fatigue? Had to do it to catch up on my schedule because of the 4 missed days last week. I know that pain in my back is a hell of a lot more noticeable pressing than any other movement. Still keeping heat on it every day. Hope its just fatigue.
    Last edited by kilgoreklink; 05-06-2010 at 10:26 AM.

Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Definitely a worthwhile question. First off, its hard for me to understand how people don't see the value in proper programming. I know that I feel this way because I understand what difference smart training can make. This is what I do, and I see the value in it. Based on how much a smart program can change your training career, the book is actually work 100s of dollars, and I'm being serious about that.

Sure, there is plenty of information in this thread. You can definitely piece together a solid GST program based off of this thread. One of the reasons I put the info out there was so that people could do this, because I believe in helping people out. What you don't get in this thread is the amount of general training philosophy, reasoning behind the program's concepts, detailed layouts, detailed explanations of principles, and a good solid read.

There are concepts mentioned in the book that aren't mentioned here as well. Basically, there are 65 pages in the book with no pictures. There is a fraction of that detailed here. Since you're in college right now, I'm guessing you wouldn't bat an eye at dropping 30 bucks on a case of beer, haha. I've been there.

What I can tell you is that my number one regret in my training is not jumping on a program sooner. This is something you'll learn in time too if you don't get on at least SOME reputable program. The book has value attached to it, and I feel confident in saying that. Not to mention the first 100 buyers bonus.

Good luck Reid! Here are some buyers who have something to add on the subject of your post as well.
    I also believe strongly in proper programming. However, I only have a little over a year of experience so I'm still trying to figure everything out. I have just come off a great Madcow 5x5 routine that I've been running since around November of last year. I've made great squat and deadlift progress but my bench, for some reason, increased by about 20 lbs which was great, but then, as I lost about 15 lbs of overeating my first semester it dropped back down to what it originally was. Now I'm stuck because it's in my mind that I'm stuck and I'm really trying to get over that. I'm one of those guys with huge legs and no chest or arms, haha. For comparison, last time I measured my legs they were around 24" at a bodyweight of about 165, but my arms were only about 14.5".

Anyway, what I might end up doing is gathering as much information from this thread and making a program from that and run a macrocycle and see how it goes, and then buy the book. I might have a few questions when I'm setting up my program sometime next week as I'm concentrating on finals right now.

I appreciate how helpful you are in this thread.

Oh and about the beer, yeah trying to stay away from it. So much pressure to drink but I only drink maybe once a month usually.

Closed Thread