kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Just really excited!!! Wanted to share!!

So... for the last week I've just 'taking off!' no lifting, eating what I want... and my metabolism is KICKING!!! I have eaten anything and everything I wanted in the last 6 days... cookies, candies, pies, meat, thai food, pizza.... I mean it.... everything! And to my suprise- my SKINNY jeans fit great, I didn't get bloaty belly, or constipation!! (I actually went MORE, gross sorry! lol) But I was just so excited about all this that I wanted to share with you guys! Really makes me excited about getting back into clean eating and lifting this weekend. Yea!!! I <3 fitness!!!

Gemini80 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gemini80 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gemini80 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gemini80 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gemini80 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gemini80 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gemini80 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gemini80 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gemini80 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gemini80 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gemini80 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    That's awesome. I'm so jealous!

Originally Posted by kpettitt View Post
    So... for the last week I've just 'taking off!' no lifting, eating what I want... and my metabolism is KICKING!!! I have eaten anything and everything I wanted in the last 6 days... cookies, candies, pies, meat, thai food, pizza.... I mean it.... everything! And to my suprise- my SKINNY jeans fit great, I didn't get bloaty belly, or constipation!! (I actually went MORE, gross sorry! lol) But I was just so excited about all this that I wanted to share with you guys! Really makes me excited about getting back into clean eating and lifting this weekend. Yea!!! I <3 fitness!!!

Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Really makes me excited about getting back into clean eating and lifting this weekend. Yea!!! I <3 fitness!!!
    well congrats.

but if you can eat a buttload of 'bad' stuff for days on end with no apparent harm, why does it make you 'excited' to go back to 'clean' eating?
    "The human race is still largely a group of monkeys with slightly better grooming habits. Give them a microscope and and they'll examine their own ****, give them a telescope and they'll go looking for tits."

jess_muscles will become famous soon enough. (+50) jess_muscles will become famous soon enough. (+50) jess_muscles will become famous soon enough. (+50) jess_muscles will become famous soon enough. (+50) jess_muscles will become famous soon enough. (+50) jess_muscles will become famous soon enough. (+50) jess_muscles will become famous soon enough. (+50) jess_muscles will become famous soon enough. (+50) jess_muscles will become famous soon enough. (+50) jess_muscles will become famous soon enough. (+50) jess_muscles will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i want to be happy for you but i cant because i did the same for the past four days and i feel miserable hehehe
    Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm.
    -Winston Churchill

I LOVE HIIT!!!

if you be persistent, you can have anything in this world that you want.

Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Miranda View Post
    well congrats.

but if you can eat a buttload of 'bad' stuff for days on end with no apparent harm, why does it make you 'excited' to go back to 'clean' eating?
    Agreed...the only thing that really keeps me FROM eating that way is the adverse effects it has on how I feel and look. Wish I could say my holiday habits haven't left me feeling less than stellar! LOL

Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Amanda76 View Post
    Agreed...the only thing that really keeps me FROM eating that way is the adverse effects it has on how I feel and look. Wish I could say my holiday habits haven't left me feeling less than stellar! LOL
    hehe, you tell me.

i've existed on noodles, leftovers, booze and chocolate since forever.
    bar water weight swings they've done me no physical harm.

i've a calorie calculator in my head so it's all more or less in check.
    Last edited by Miranda; 12-30-2009 at 12:54 AM.
    "The human race is still largely a group of monkeys with slightly better grooming habits. Give them a microscope and and they'll examine their own ****, give them a telescope and they'll go looking for tits."

Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    hehe, you tell me.

i've existed on noodles, leftovers, booze and chocolate since forever.
    bar water weight swings they've done me no physical harm.

i've a calorie calculator in my head so it's all more or less in check.
    I do eat "leftovers" (meals made in bulk) most days of the week, but having the majority of my diet consist of the other stuff would hurt me within a couple of days. So, lucky you!

Nice to finally see you with an avi...sexy bedroom hair! Love it!

I do eat "leftovers" (meals made in bulk) most days of the week, but having the majority of my diet consist of the other stuff would hurt me within a couple of days. So, lucky you!
    lol it's no luck. it's calories. i lived with no money in a ****ty, gross hostel full of alcoholics for months and nicked others' leftover food - mostly pasta and toast.

i'm not saying it might not have affected my skin somewhat but sometimes you can't choose, right?

Nice to finally see you with an avi...sexy bedroom hair! Love it!
    make that 'hair not brushed in two days with a huge pimple' avi
    Last edited by Miranda; 12-30-2009 at 01:48 AM.

lol it's no luck. it's calories. i lived with no money in a ****ty, gross hostel full of alcoholics for months and nicked others' leftover food - mostly pasta and toast.

i'm not saying it hasn't affected my skin somewhat but sometimes you can't choose, right?

make that 'hair not brushed in two days with a huge pimple' avi
    One of those things you shouldn't point out...I didn't notice! LOL

I used to be skinny due to the overall calories in vs. calories out thing but was never able to grow (lean mass-wise) until I got my act together. I was also having lots of issues with depression, panic attacks, what I thought was essential tremor, kinda feeling barfy all the time, energy, focus...just generally didn't feel well. Didn't quite make the connection until having opportunities to go from eating mostly "whole" foods to foods prepared by other people/corporations. I'll fall more and more into generally feeling like crap the more I loosen up on the kinds of foods I consume. Last year I found myself not being able to wait until my bulk was over because I felt like such **** because of my more lenient food choices and had a bit of an epiphany that being ruled by cravings or laziness when it comes to food prep wasn't worth it for me.

Since it sounds like you haven't been fortunate enough to have a choice at times, I think you really are pretty lucky it doesn't tear you up beyond having a little skin issue.

One of those things you shouldn't point out...I didn't notice! LOL
    scusi

I used to be skinny due to the overall calories in vs. calories out thing but was never able to grow (lean mass-wise) until I got my act together. I was also having lots of issues with depression, panic attacks, what I thought was essential tremor, kinda feeling barfy all the time, energy, focus...just generally didn't feel well. Didn't quite make the connection until having opportunities to go from eating mostly "whole" foods to foods prepared by other people/corporations. I'll fall more and more into generally feeling like crap the more I loosen up on the kinds of foods I consume. Last year I found myself not being able to wait until my bulk was over because I felt like such **** because of my more lenient food choices and had a bit of an epiphany that being ruled by cravings or laziness when it comes to food prep wasn't worth it for me.
    i feel i am able to distinguish between what is purely physiological and what's psychosomatic. i trained/dieted with Emma in the past and through her i learned a lot about nutrition, training and psychology. i know what 'works' for me. that doesn't mean i will apply it 100% of the time. why would i? yes i enjoy lifting heavy weights. yes i feel more 'stable' (as i seem to have serotonin issues plus other hereditary **** going on) when my diet is 'healthier' (less sugar, more protein). i mean, i've first-hand experience what [lack of] nutrition does to your mind and body - when i was anorexic and all over the place.

but the trade-off isn't worth it . . . not always.

i enjoy what's thrown at me. life. that's [possibly] at the cost of 'sacrificing' a wonderful bod. who the **** cares? i'm free. i'm not a slave.

of course i have all these magnificent plans to start UD2 and all once i'm settled and can handle the psychological consequences. i can't do that now and there's no way in hell i'm going to make myself feel guilty because of it.

my only concern atm is not to lose the muscle i built over the years or get 'fat'. i couldn't mentally handle much more. i've so much more to be worried about. to that end, 'lift weights and eat protein' is more than sufficient.

not that i don't care about what i eat, but compared to my old retarded 'clean' eating days (which helped destroy my marriage and my life thankyouverymuch) it's nothing.

i wasted years of my life - first to anorexia, then to 'fitness' and 'clean' eating.

i don't want that anymore. i want something else.

it sounds like you haven't been fortunate enough to have a choice at times
    choice is a beeg word. beeg.

sometimes, it's existence, insanity or death.

drama added.
    Last edited by Miranda; 12-30-2009 at 03:53 AM.

scusi

i feel i am able to distinguish between what is purely physiological and what's psychosomatic. i trained/dieted with Emma in the past and through her i learned a lot about nutrition, training and psychology. i know what 'works' for me. that doesn't mean i will apply it 100% of the time. why would i? yes i feel more 'stable' (as i seem to have serotonin issues plus other hereditary **** going on) when my diet is 'healthier' (less sugar, more protein). i mean, i've first-hand experience what [lack of] nutrition does to your mind and body - when i was anorexic and all over the place.

but the trade-off isn't worth it . . . not always.

i enjoy what's thrown at me. life. that's [possibly] at the cost of 'sacrificing' a wonderful bod. who the **** cares? i'm free. i'm not a slave.

of course i have all these magnificent plans to start UD2 and all once i'm settled and can handle the psychological consequences. i can't do that now and there's no way in hell i'm going to make myself feel guilty because of it.

my only concern atm is not to lose the muscle i built over the years or get 'fat'. i couldn't mentally handle much more. i've so much more to be worried about. to that end, 'lift weights and eat protein' is more than sufficient.

not that i don't care about what i eat, but compared to my old retarded 'clean' eating days (which helped destroy my marriage and my life thankyouverymuch) it's nothing.

i wasted years of my life - first to anorexia, then to 'fitness' and 'clean' eating.

i don't want that anymore. i want something else.

and guess what . . . it doesn't make a difference so long as you keep the basics.
    My experiences have led me down a different path, but I'm glad you've found balance for yourself.

choice is a beeg word. beeg.

sometimes, it's existence, insanity or death.

drama added.
    Got distracted from my post and missed this addition...

I definitely have not ever been left with just those 3 choices...not on a realistic basis. I'm the lucky one, there.

wuvolleyball is on a distinguished road. (+10) wuvolleyball is on a distinguished road. (+10) wuvolleyball is on a distinguished road. (+10) wuvolleyball is on a distinguished road. (+10) wuvolleyball is on a distinguished road. (+10) wuvolleyball is on a distinguished road. (+10) wuvolleyball is on a distinguished road. (+10) wuvolleyball is on a distinguished road. (+10) wuvolleyball is on a distinguished road. (+10) wuvolleyball is on a distinguished road. (+10) wuvolleyball is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I wish I could say the same thing!! I leaned out for a competition Dec 20th...after the comp I decided to relax, eat A LOT, and enjoy all of the christmas goodies...now I feel gross!! Hopefully in a few days or a week it will go away!!! =( I feel VERY bloated and ahh..not sure it was worth it! I guess you could say lesson learned!

hvivona is on a distinguished road. (+10) hvivona is on a distinguished road. (+10) hvivona is on a distinguished road. (+10) hvivona is on a distinguished road. (+10) hvivona is on a distinguished road. (+10) hvivona is on a distinguished road. (+10) hvivona is on a distinguished road. (+10) hvivona is on a distinguished road. (+10) hvivona is on a distinguished road. (+10) hvivona is on a distinguished road. (+10) hvivona is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ^^^^^The same thing happened to me recently. I went to Dinsey with my husband for 4 days. I ate whatever I wanted- hotdogs, sweets, you name it. The only exercise I got was walking around the parks. The day after we got home I was getting dressed and my husband commented on how flat my stomach looked and when I slipped my pants on I found them to be looser. I had been eating at a deficit for months on end and really intense workouts. I think my body just needed that break. But like the OP I was ready to get back to clean eating. The bad stuff is ok every now and then but couldn't live on it- i need my veggies and chicken
    No effort is ever wasted, even the slightest attempt at transforming ourselves makes a difference. It is our patient cumulative effort that grows into self-realization sooner or later.

kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by hvivona View Post
    ^^^^^The same thing happened to me recently. I went to Dinsey with my husband for 4 days. I ate whatever I wanted- hotdogs, sweets, you name it. The only exercise I got was walking around the parks. The day after we got home I was getting dressed and my husband commented on how flat my stomach looked and when I slipped my pants on I found them to be looser. I had been eating at a deficit for months on end and really intense workouts. I think my body just needed that break. But like the OP I was ready to get back to clean eating. The bad stuff is ok every now and then but couldn't live on it- i need my veggies and chicken

^^that was me- about 8 or 9 months of clean eating, I needed the break! I think my body was just so relieved it burned up all that crap and now I'm so happy to get back to my greens and Chicken because I know doing that for a long time will make me feel gross. lol 6 days was good enough. I'm ready for another 8 or 9 months of organization and balance.

Diavola will become famous soon enough. (+50) Diavola will become famous soon enough. (+50) Diavola will become famous soon enough. (+50) Diavola will become famous soon enough. (+50) Diavola will become famous soon enough. (+50) Diavola will become famous soon enough. (+50) Diavola will become famous soon enough. (+50) Diavola will become famous soon enough. (+50) Diavola will become famous soon enough. (+50) Diavola will become famous soon enough. (+50) Diavola will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Congratulations OP that is a wonderful feeling
    When I miss you, I don?t have to go far ? I just have to look inside my heart because that?s where I?ll find you.

If you have love in your life it can make up for a great many things you lack. If you don't have it, no matter what else there is, it's not enough."

Esther Pauline Friedman

tse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tse has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Gah I'm so jealous! I gained 3lbs in like 4 days!
    Pain is Weakness Leaving The Body

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger

^^that was me- about 8 or 9 months of clean eating, I needed the break! I think my body was just so relieved it burned up all that crap and now I'm so happy to get back to my greens and Chicken because I know doing that for a long time will make me feel gross. lol 6 days was good enough. I'm ready for another 8 or 9 months of organization and balance.
    Because you mentioned getting back to your "greens and chicken," and not just clean eating...do you normally stick to a low carb diet? Maybe you felt leaner because the extra carbs filled out your muscle? If you think that may be the case, you may want to think about upping the amount of carbs you have on a daily basis or carb-loading on a more regular basis (this can be done with whole foods, of course).

Because you mentioned getting back to your "greens and chicken," and not just clean eating...do you normally stick to a low carb diet? Maybe you felt leaner because the extra carbs filled out your muscle? If you think that may be the case, you may want to think about upping the amount of carbs you have on a daily basis or carb-loading on a more regular basis (this can be done with whole foods, of course).
    Amanda- I normally try NOT to stick to a low carb diet, sometimes it ends up that way because I LOVE LOVE LOVE salads and greens (just my food of choice) but not on purpose. I'm very confused about the 'refeed' days. I've never grasped it fully. My new years resolution is to stop being so rabbit-ish and eat more brown rice and sweet potatoes, because I know they are good for me. My normal macros end up being 50p/25c/25f. I want to get them more around the 50p/30c/20f since I'm going to try and stay on the leaner side (I've gained about 10lb bf/muscle) durning the last 4 months of bulking and I'd like to stay where I see more definition.

eriplex will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriplex will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriplex will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriplex will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriplex will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriplex will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriplex will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriplex will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriplex will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriplex will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriplex will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've done this for the past two weeks and I've actually dropped scale weight. Lots of energy, great workouts. But occasionally, felt kinda yucky because I was eating like trash (mental mainly)

Amanda- I normally try NOT to stick to a low carb diet, sometimes it ends up that way because I LOVE LOVE LOVE salads and greens (just my food of choice) but not on purpose. I'm very confused about the 'refeed' days. I've never grasped it fully. My new years resolution is to stop being so rabbit-ish and eat more brown rice and sweet potatoes, because I know they are good for me. My normal macros end up being 50p/25c/25f. I want to get them more around the 50p/30c/20f since I'm going to try and stay on the leaner side (I've gained about 10lb bf/muscle) durning the last 4 months of bulking and I'd like to stay where I see more definition.
    It really sounds like you may have unintentionally learned the purpose of refeeds. And from that you should have learned that carbs can actually make you look leaner. It's good that you'll be playing around to find a better ratio of carbs for you.

I would actually take your carbs out of your protein when you change ratios and keep your fats up. Last year, I bulked at 40/30/30 and really liked my body's response to it. My energy at the gym was fantastic and I didn't get the munchies as I had in year's past, even with greater carb variety. With raised calories and 40% carbs, I have issues with cravings and hunger...but I think it's because I'll fit less satiating carb variety into my diet than when my cals are lower as I first begin to lean up (it's not just that I'm eating more carbs). Even "clean" things like yogurt, quinoa, and whole wheat breads and pastas leave me wanting to eat more. I did not need refeeds at those ratios, but ate out more often and certainly bumped my carbs (and overall calories) up when I did...couldn't tell ya by exactly how much, though.

With refeeds, you double your carb intake and lower your intake of protein and fat to cover the extra cals. Bulking, you should be able to reach your protein requirements at far below 50% so, again, that's where the calories for the majority of your "extra carbs" should come from. I think I read about Kimm4 utilizing refeeds using macros similar to yours, so you may want to e-mail her to get guidance about the best way to start experimenting with frequency when you aren't aware lack of carbs may be hurting your ability to "feel great."

You should be really excited about the potential of extra carbs in the gym!

It really sounds like you may have unintentionally learned the purpose of refeeds. And from that you should have learned that carbs can actually make you look leaner. It's good that you'll be playing around to find a better ratio of carbs for you.

I would actually take your carbs out of your protein when you change ratios and keep your fats up. Last year, I bulked at 40/30/30 and really liked my body's response to it. My energy at the gym was fantastic and I didn't get the munchies as I had in year's past, even with greater carb variety. With raised calories and 40% carbs, I have issues with cravings and hunger...but I think it's because I'll fit less satiating carb variety into my diet than when my cals are lower as I first begin to lean up (it's not just that I'm eating more carbs). Even "clean" things like yogurt, quinoa, and whole wheat breads and pastas leave me wanting to eat more. I did not need refeeds at those ratios, but ate out more often and certainly bumped my carbs (and overall calories) up when I did...couldn't tell ya by exactly how much, though.

With refeeds, you double your carb intake and lower your intake of protein and fat to cover the extra cals. Bulking, you should be able to reach your protein requirements at far below 50% so, again, that's where the calories for the majority of your "extra carbs" should come from. I think I read about Kimm4 utilizing refeeds using macros similar to yours, so you may want to e-mail her to get guidance about the best way to start experimenting with frequency when you aren't aware lack of carbs may be hurting your ability to "feel great."

You should be really excited about the potential of extra carbs in the gym!
    Amanda- Thank you so much for your imput! I definatly learned that carbs make me leaner! lol I also have craving/bingeing issues and I think its my lack of carbs. I was thinking about it today and I think I'm falling back into my old habits of being afraid of Carbs, and I for sure do not want that!!! I think that fitday has really screwed me up. I find when I don't track what I eat I eat better. I think it's the 'pressure' of logging it and seeing it. I get nervous. Silly I know- but its my anorexia tendencies kicking in. And I don't want to go back to skinny fat!! Ahh! lol Again, Thank you for the information and I'm definatly going to PM Kimm4 about the refeed.