Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1427
    darren619 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darren619 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darren619 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darren619 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darren619 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darren619 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darren619 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darren619 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darren619 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darren619 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darren619 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jordanair45 View Post
    I get a lot of compliments on my caves and I thought I'd add this in as a starter program. I've had bigger calves while playing basketball then when I started lifitng, and there is a good program using just body weight. This will get you size and definition.

3 sets until failure, about 45 seconds-1 minute. Regular body weight calve raise, while on the balls of your feet, on a ledge that allows your hell to stretch all the way down, lower as fast as you can all the way down (full range of motion) and explode all the way up, holding the contraction on top for 3 seconds, lower all the way down again, as FAST as you can, stretching the calve, explode up, and hold the contraction on top; repeat.

This is phase 1, which builds power in the muscle.

Then, endurance comes in. You can switch it up every week, or work on power 2 week straight, then the next 2 weeks, endurance, or switch it up every month.

Phase 2. The same movement (full range of motion stretch), but perform your calve raises as fast as you can. 3 sets until failure. All the way up, all the way down, DON'T CHEAT. Feel it in your calve.

I'm not a cerfied personal trainer, and everyone's body responds differently, but this is by far the best way to work calves.

Give it a try, and if you don't see a difference within the first 3 weeks, ban me :-).

I've never understood guys on weight/machines while working calves, because I'm pretty sure most peoples calves cannot life their 200lb body weight.

Spot on!....I do these one-legged for more strain on the calves 12-15 reps each leg for 4-5 sets with NO rest what so ever....and I have found this far more beneficial than 100kg smith machine calf raises and toe press on leg press machine that I had been doing for years and getting LITTLE gains not to mention damaging my feet.....so ppl drop da weights and try this method COS its a lot better.....

chende is on a distinguished road. (+10) chende is on a distinguished road. (+10) chende is on a distinguished road. (+10) chende is on a distinguished road. (+10) chende is on a distinguished road. (+10) chende is on a distinguished road. (+10) chende is on a distinguished road. (+10) chende is on a distinguished road. (+10) chende is on a distinguished road. (+10) chende is on a distinguished road. (+10) chende is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Tips for thin legs
    In fact Xiangshou leg, first check your leg muscles are relaxed or tense. If muscle tension, then, will be more difficult to thin. Therefore, the decrease leg plan to play loose leg fat solid start.
    Method 1
    Weekdays can be sitting on the ground, raise one foot at right angles to beat his fist leg, do five minutes on each side.
    Method 2
    When the holidays, the market may wish to use bath salts into the tub and let the calf soak for some time, it can be muscle relaxation. After bathing in the calf must be beating action, accelerate blood circulation.
    I hope you will succeed ~ ~ ~ ^ 0 ^

www.ABFitnessTrainer.com italianplaya30's Avatar
    italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by darren619 View Post
    Spot on!....I do these one-legged for more strain on the calves 12-15 reps each leg for 4-5 sets with NO rest what so ever....and I have found this far more beneficial than 100kg smith machine calf raises and toe press on leg press machine that I had been doing for years and getting LITTLE gains not to mention damaging my feet.....so ppl drop da weights and try this method COS its a lot better.....
    agreed
    New York Muscle Radio Podcast Host
    (The Best Muscle Building Radio Show)
    www.NewYorkMuscleRadio.com
    Instagram: @abfitness
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    EFX Sports Rep

Sebastian6600 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Nice post, for sure I'll try some of these exercises

babybowen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Definitely gonna give some of these a try! I have tiny calves.

Bodybylirio is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bodybylirio is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bodybylirio is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bodybylirio is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bodybylirio is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bodybylirio is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bodybylirio is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bodybylirio is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bodybylirio is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bodybylirio is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bodybylirio is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    DEFINITELY stealing your Tibialis Anterior DB workout for my show clients. GREAT idea man! Thanks for the advice!

1ATOMIC1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1ATOMIC1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1ATOMIC1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1ATOMIC1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1ATOMIC1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1ATOMIC1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1ATOMIC1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1ATOMIC1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1ATOMIC1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1ATOMIC1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1ATOMIC1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    To grow the gastrocnemius and soleus muscles you have to understand how to grow them. Your calves are naturally very strong and have a very high level of endurance, after all they carry your bodyweight all day long, up to 16 hours per day. Hence, to stimulate growth you need to use extremely heavy weights, and multiple repetitions. to induce fibril exhaustion, you need to perform at least 10-12 repetitions. If you want to grow a huge pair of cows, then expect to work your way up to 454 kg (1000 lbs) for multiple reps. There is no other way to do induce growth. Remember, huge weight, many repetitions, many sets. On top of this the only way to notice the difference is time. You will need to spend approximately three years of intense calf training to notice any serious difference.
    " THE GREAT ONE "

Allenwilson4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Allenwilson4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Allenwilson4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Allenwilson4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Allenwilson4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Allenwilson4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Allenwilson4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Allenwilson4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

I've always been told to preform sets with straight legs and bent legs. I started incorporating it into my workout like 6 weeks ago and it's made a difference.

Bstrongfitness is just really nice. (+1000) Bstrongfitness is just really nice. (+1000) Bstrongfitness is just really nice. (+1000) Bstrongfitness is just really nice. (+1000) Bstrongfitness is just really nice. (+1000) Bstrongfitness is just really nice. (+1000) Bstrongfitness is just really nice. (+1000) Bstrongfitness is just really nice. (+1000) Bstrongfitness is just really nice. (+1000) Bstrongfitness is just really nice. (+1000) Bstrongfitness is just really nice. (+1000)
    If I could, I would shoot up into my calves.
    Owner - All Core Society (Calisthenics organization)

www.youtube.com/leftyjrpro

Instagram: @Bstrongfitness

"What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail"?

BigTea will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigTea will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigTea will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigTea will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigTea will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigTea will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigTea will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigTea will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigTea will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigTea will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigTea will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Calves are my favorite lol!!
    Edit: I have a question. If you guys check my picture you'll see how the left calf looks better than the right one.... Is there any way to get them both to look like each other? Hope this doesn't sound too noobish lol!
    Last edited by BigTea; 11-30-2013 at 10:27 PM.
    I'd rather be a failure at something I enjoy than a success at something I hate. -George Burns

Registered User charlessstephen's Avatar
    charlessstephen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The exercise tips are very good and as well as video is useful. I think the regular body weight calve raise, while on the balls of our feet, on a ledge that allows our hell to stretch all the way down.is this true?

masiso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Calves

[QUOTE=betsie2k;427802581]Decent post! Hopefully this will answer a lot of questions people have got about lower legs!

Agree !!!

Unitransform will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unitransform will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unitransform will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unitransform will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unitransform will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unitransform will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unitransform will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unitransform will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unitransform will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unitransform will become famous soon enough. (+50) Unitransform will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Nice post! Love training calves! Mine have now grown into cows.
    UK Engineer/Strongman

Giovanni1992 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Giovanni1992 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Giovanni1992 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Giovanni1992 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Giovanni1992 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Giovanni1992 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Giovanni1992 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Giovanni1992 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Giovanni1992 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Giovanni1992 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Giovanni1992 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    great post... I agree

wowspare will become famous soon enough. (+50) wowspare will become famous soon enough. (+50) wowspare will become famous soon enough. (+50) wowspare will become famous soon enough. (+50) wowspare will become famous soon enough. (+50) wowspare will become famous soon enough. (+50) wowspare will become famous soon enough. (+50) wowspare will become famous soon enough. (+50) wowspare will become famous soon enough. (+50) wowspare will become famous soon enough. (+50) wowspare will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Is there anyone here who has high insertions on their calves and has >16" calves?

hoangtu8xmsq is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hoangtu8xmsq is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hoangtu8xmsq is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hoangtu8xmsq is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hoangtu8xmsq is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hoangtu8xmsq is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hoangtu8xmsq is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hoangtu8xmsq is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hoangtu8xmsq is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hoangtu8xmsq is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hoangtu8xmsq is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Oh, the weight is too heavy, very strong.

polskiski is on a distinguished road. (+10) polskiski is on a distinguished road. (+10) polskiski is on a distinguished road. (+10) polskiski is on a distinguished road. (+10) polskiski is on a distinguished road. (+10) polskiski is on a distinguished road. (+10) polskiski is on a distinguished road. (+10) polskiski is on a distinguished road. (+10) polskiski is on a distinguished road. (+10) polskiski is on a distinguished road. (+10) polskiski is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    great thread!

Emospence is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emospence is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emospence is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emospence is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emospence is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emospence is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emospence is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emospence is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emospence is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emospence is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emospence is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Stuff I never knew.. Repped.

Time to stop having skinny calves!
    Lean mass phase

Current stats (11/2014):
    -Squat: 125kg (275lbs)
    -Bench press: 105kg (231lbs)

Goals for now:
    -Squat: 160kg (352lbs)
    -Bench press: 120kg (264lbs)

Thetibaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great post man many big dudes at my gym skip calves which annoys me !

CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have been using Ben's methods for a few weeks now. It works trust me!

Of course muscle confusion is big reason why the calves are feeling sore. So constant increase in loading is necessary. I would also recommend a different program every 6 to 8 weeks. (personal preference)

Check it out.

▬▬۩ LABRADA NUTRITION REP ۩▬▬

Check out LABRADA @ http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/lab/lab.htm

SMILE BIG - LIFT BIGGER - LIVE LARGER!

Please feel free to email me regarding any questions about Labrada branded products.

BEYONDTHESWEAT is not very well liked. (-100) BEYONDTHESWEAT is not very well liked. (-100) BEYONDTHESWEAT is not very well liked. (-100) BEYONDTHESWEAT is not very well liked. (-100) BEYONDTHESWEAT is not very well liked. (-100) BEYONDTHESWEAT is not very well liked. (-100) BEYONDTHESWEAT is not very well liked. (-100) BEYONDTHESWEAT is not very well liked. (-100) BEYONDTHESWEAT is not very well liked. (-100) BEYONDTHESWEAT is not very well liked. (-100) BEYONDTHESWEAT is not very well liked. (-100)
    Train train and train them dam calves with consistency and volume, they are the ANTI GRAVITY muscles!

Savyna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Savyna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Savyna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Savyna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Savyna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Savyna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Savyna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Savyna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Savyna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Savyna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Savyna is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    nice post for teaching me about some new calf exercises I can do! thanks.

imallin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) imallin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) imallin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) imallin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) imallin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) imallin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) imallin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) imallin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) imallin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) imallin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) imallin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Great thread and will try routine from above.

RIKTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RIKTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RIKTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RIKTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RIKTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RIKTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RIKTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RIKTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RIKTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RIKTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RIKTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Every guy I know who is an avid cyclist has huge calves, just like those tour de france guys..130lb guys with monster calves.

jonm24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

calves

Definitely got to try this, thanks alot

originalGeorge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Any before and after calf pics out there?

ArchyZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ArchyZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ArchyZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ArchyZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ArchyZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ArchyZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ArchyZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ArchyZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ArchyZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ArchyZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ArchyZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello guys! I have A natural large calf which is almost the same size as my thigh. I never do anything and I don't know why it is so big. Is there any exercise that will help me make it smaller ?
    Attached Images

ascetic7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ascetic7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ascetic7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ascetic7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ascetic7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ascetic7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ascetic7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ascetic7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ascetic7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ascetic7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ascetic7 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ArchyZ View Post
    Hello guys! I have A natural large calf which is almost the same size as my thigh. I never do anything and I don't know why it is so big. Is there any exercise that will help me make it smaller ?
    I don't think any exercise will help atrophy it but maybe you could just focus on working out your thighs so it's bigger and the calve/thigh balance is better or try to avoid any stimulation at all on that calf.

Emospence is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emospence is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emospence is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emospence is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emospence is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emospence is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emospence is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emospence is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emospence is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emospence is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Emospence is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by ArchyZ View Post
    I wish I had your problem
    Lean mass phase

Current stats (11/2014):
    -Squat: 125kg (275lbs)
    -Bench press: 105kg (231lbs)

Goals for now:
    -Squat: 160kg (352lbs)
    -Bench press: 120kg (264lbs)

EricAthlete18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricAthlete18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricAthlete18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricAthlete18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricAthlete18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricAthlete18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricAthlete18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricAthlete18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricAthlete18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricAthlete18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EricAthlete18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There are a lot of people I know that have alot better calves who don't lift or train them directly. But they're growing.
    Current lifts
    (Squat 275x5 atg, bench 205x5, snatch 135x3, clean 185x3, deadlift 365x3)
    "No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." -Socrates