x718style has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question how many different exercises per muscle group ?

my question is how many exercises per muscle group?
    heres wut i do ..plz take a look and and give me sum advice..am i doing too much or wut? how do you guys work on these muscle?

DAY 1 -

Chest/shoulder/tricep

6 different sets of Chest -------3x10
    3 different sets of Shoulder ----3x10
    3 different sets of Triceps-------3x10

15 mins abdominals

DAY 2 -REST

DAY 3 -

Back / Bicep / Forearms

4 different sets of Back -------3x10

4 different sets of Biceps -------3x10

2 different sets of Forarms -------3x10

15 mins abdominals

DAY 4 -REST

Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Way too many exercises.

Start with one and apply a carefully thought out progressive resistance theme. If one doesn't work, you have a reason/justification to go to 2. If you start at 6 do you go down to 5 or up to 7?

It just makes more sense.

Progressive resistance is the key, not just adding exercises.
    Author of The Blueprint - Want BIG gains WITHOUT drugs?

Want to get to Gainsville FAST? - Google Synthagen or theblueprintbulletin

My post reflects only my opinion and is in no way considered required practice - in whole or in part. Specific medical advice should be obtained from a licensed health care practitioner PRIOR to beginning ANY new diet, exercise, supplementation or training program.

matjusm is just really nice. (+1000) matjusm is just really nice. (+1000) matjusm is just really nice. (+1000) matjusm is just really nice. (+1000) matjusm is just really nice. (+1000) matjusm is just really nice. (+1000) matjusm is just really nice. (+1000) matjusm is just really nice. (+1000) matjusm is just really nice. (+1000) matjusm is just really nice. (+1000) matjusm is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by x718style View Post
    heres wut i do ..plz take a look and and give me sum advice..am i doing too much or wut? how do you guys work on these muscle?

DAY 1 -

Chest/shoulder/tricep

15 mins abdominals

DAY 2 -REST

DAY 3 -

Back / Bicep / Forearms

15 mins abdominals

DAY 4 -REST
    I am not sure I understand what you're saying. Are you really doing 6 chest exercises, 4 biceps exercises and so on? If so, that is just INSANE!

It is way too much volume, 2-3 exercises per muscle group is quite sufficient (except for legs for which you can do a bit more). And I can't help but notice your massive biceps volume and your complete lack of any leg work. Legs are muscles too and the biceps is a very small muscle that doesn't need to be tortured with so many sets.
    Strength + Speed = Power

If you never fail, you aren't truly pushing yourself to the limit. If you never push yourself to the limit, how do you know what you're truly capable of?

GavinLaird is on a distinguished road. (+10) GavinLaird is on a distinguished road. (+10) GavinLaird is on a distinguished road. (+10) GavinLaird is on a distinguished road. (+10) GavinLaird is on a distinguished road. (+10) GavinLaird is on a distinguished road. (+10) GavinLaird is on a distinguished road. (+10) GavinLaird is on a distinguished road. (+10) GavinLaird is on a distinguished road. (+10) GavinLaird is on a distinguished road. (+10) GavinLaird is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    One or at most 2 exercises per body part should be fine.
    http://www.ultimate-hypertrophy.com

x718style has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by matjusm View Post
    I am not sure I understand what you're saying. Are you really doing 6 chest exercises, 4 biceps exercises and so on? If so, that is just INSANE!

It is way too much volume, 2-3 exercises per muscle group is quite sufficient (except for legs for which you can do a bit more). And I can't help but notice your massive biceps volume and your complete lack of any leg work. Legs are muscles too and the biceps is a very small muscle that doesn't need to be tortured with so many sets.

Thanx for ur inputs guys ... If I reduce the excercices to 2 excercice per muscle should I increase the sets from 3 to 4-5 watever? Or the reps or sumthing? I mean I'm bit confuse if I only do 2 excr on each muscle n I take a day off in between will I get the result I want though??

vegartx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

how many different exercises per muscle group?

I'm having the same concern. based on what I read, 2-3 exercises per muscle group. But how many sets?

Sidchiclana has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sidchiclana has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sidchiclana has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sidchiclana has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sidchiclana has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sidchiclana has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sidchiclana has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sidchiclana has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sidchiclana has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sidchiclana has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sidchiclana has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Nearly a three-year bump... great

armedani has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

let me make it plain and simple

Originally Posted by x718style View Post

DAY 1 -

Chest/shoulder/tricep

15 mins abdominals

DAY 2 -REST

DAY 3 -

Back / Bicep / Forearms

15 mins abdominals

DAY 4 -REST

day 1: 2 different sets for chest, 3-4 triceps (x 10 for all exercises)15-20 mins cardio for each day work out) make sure to stretch before work out

day 2: 0ff

day 3: 4 different sets for back , 2 biceps(no more than 2 biceps cuz most back workout already includes bicep work out, no need to over work the same muscle over and over) (doing abs is an option)

off 4: off

day 5: 4-5 different sets of shoulder, legs different sets of 4-6 (doing dips is an option)

day 6: start with 15 mins of cardio, then 4-5 sets of abs, (doing pull ups is an option) finish with 30 mins of cardio

day 7: 0ff: cheat day, go to your favorite restaurant and tear up that buffet, you'll be fine

batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) batman37 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The thing that concerns me the most is: Do you have a physical problem? In a wheelchair perhaps?

I don't see the lower half of your body in your routine. Why don't you just pick a sample routine?

Personally, I keep my workouts to 15-20 sets, 2-4 movements per muscle group.

Eg. Back/Chest
    Bent over row 3-5x5, Lat pull down 3x8, Single arm Db row 3x8-15
    bench press 3-5x5, Incline DB press 3x8, DB pull over 3x10
    Some Push ups and Pull ups, then stretching to end the workout.
    https://www.facebook.com/Erictheconqueror

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheSandman047

-Having a big tool box is great but it means nothing if you lack a set of standard screwdrivers and a hammer.
    -The Pareto principle: 80% of the effects are from 20% of causes. All the other small details will only affect a small portion of results, 80% of causes will contribute to 20% of the effects.

RIPPETOE-STARTING STRENGTH FAQ
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=998224&pagenumber=

arialswg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Number of Sets

Originally Posted by vegartx View Post
    I'm having the same concern. based on what I read, 2-3 exercises per muscle group. But how many sets?
    Found a great article that discussed workout volume. Its not really the number of exercises you should be concerned with but the number of reps you do. How you choose to do the reps is up to you.

The following is their suggestion

Breakdown:
    Chest: 30-60 reps per workout
    Quadriceps: 30-60 reps per workout
    Hamstrings: 30-60 reps per workout
    Back: 30-60 reps per workout
    Shoulders: 20-30 reps per workout
    Triceps: 20-30 reps per workout
    Biceps: 20-30 reps per workout
    Abs: 20-30 reps per workout
    Calves: 20-30 reps per workout

AdamBano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Post Research, research, research!!!

Originally Posted by arialswg View Post
    Found a great article that discussed workout volume. Its not really the number of exercises you should be concerned with but the number of reps you do. How you choose to do the reps is up to you.

The following is their suggestion

Breakdown:
    Chest: 30-60 reps per workout
    Quadriceps: 30-60 reps per workout
    Hamstrings: 30-60 reps per workout
    Back: 30-60 reps per workout
    Shoulders: 20-30 reps per workout
    Triceps: 20-30 reps per workout
    Biceps: 20-30 reps per workout
    Abs: 20-30 reps per workout
    Calves: 20-30 reps per workout
    The rep ranges stated above are definitely not a good basis to train by. For example, the chest needs roughly 12 - 16 sets to attain optimal growth. This is common knowledge. Anymore and you're overtraining, any less and ou are not getting the full benefit out of your workout.

Taking your reps per workout guideline above that would mean that you are promoting doing only 3 - 6 sets in the gym per workout. That is a ridiculously low number, unless you are doing a full body workout, in which case you are not training for mass or strength! This would not cause sufficient tearing of muscle fibres to promote new muscle growth. Wherever you found your info might not be the most trustworthy source mate.

I go by these rough guidleines which I sources from Robert DiMaggio.

•Legs - 14-20 sets
    •Calves - 6-10 sets (possible twice per week)
    •Abs - 6-10 sets (possibly twice per week)
    •Back - 12-16 sets
    •Shoulders - 9-12 sets
    •Triceps - 8-10 sets (possibly twice per week when using a less intense workout)
    •Biceps - 6-9 sets
    •Forearms - 4-8 sets
    •Traps - 3-6 sets
    •Chest - 12-16 sets (possibly twice per week when using a less intense workout)
    Last edited by AdamBano; 05-26-2014 at 04:29 AM.

cjhodgepodge is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Doesn't this drastically shorten a workout?

So I guess I have been overtraining a lot of my muscle groups if for bigger muscle groups Im supposed to do around 120 reps per week and for smaller 75 per week. But if I do, for example, 2 exercises of 5 sets of 5 reps for back, and then another 2 exercises of biceps for maybe 2 sets of 8 I could like finish that in 45 minutes. I know its intensity and all of that over time but that just seems really strange.

What I have been doing (Bro Split Back/Bicep day):

Barbell Rows: 5 x 5
    Pullups 3 x 8
    Barbell Curl: 3 x 8-10
    Lat Pulldown: 5 x 5
    Concentration curl: 3 x 10
    Seated cable row: 3 x 10
    Hammer curls: 3 x 10
    (Total= Back: 104; Bicep: 90)

Should I be doing something like this?

Barbell Rows: 5 x 5
    Lat Pulldown: 5 x 5