Need Help? Customer Support 1-866-236-8417

Thread: Chin-up bar

AtTheWall will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtTheWall will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtTheWall will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtTheWall will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtTheWall will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtTheWall will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtTheWall will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtTheWall will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtTheWall will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtTheWall will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtTheWall will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Chin-up bar

I'm getting ready to buy a pull-up/ chin-up bar. Is there a better bar for the cost than this one?
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/on...gymxtreme.html

I might consider something up to $75 shipped.

thanks.

ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    10 pull-ups bars you can install in your home gym

http://handyowner.com/10-pull-ups-ba...your-home-gym/

AtTheWall will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtTheWall will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtTheWall will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtTheWall will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtTheWall will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtTheWall will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtTheWall will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtTheWall will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtTheWall will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtTheWall will become famous soon enough. (+50) AtTheWall will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks but I am in an apartment for 6 more months. I don't want to do any more damage now that I'm planning to leave soon. I just want to get my pull-up numbers up. I think I will just buy my suggestion. The others are cool ideas for my house down the road. Repped.

DRiFT2oNR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DRiFT2oNR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DRiFT2oNR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DRiFT2oNR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DRiFT2oNR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DRiFT2oNR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DRiFT2oNR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DRiFT2oNR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DRiFT2oNR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DRiFT2oNR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DRiFT2oNR has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by AtTheWall View Post
    I'm getting ready to buy a pull-up/ chin-up bar. Is there a better bar for the cost than this one?
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/on...gymxtreme.html

I might consider something up to $75 shipped.

thanks.
    Seems fine to me. Looks like another variation of the Iron Gym(not saying that the iron gym was the first on the market, but many look similar to it). I tried out an Iron Gym for pull-ups at a friend's house, and it worked fine. Keep in mind, I weight 228lbs. No wobble or fear of it breaking on me.

irishmickk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishmickk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishmickk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishmickk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishmickk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishmickk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishmickk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishmickk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishmickk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishmickk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishmickk has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by DRiFT2oNR View Post
    Seems fine to me. Looks like another variation of the Iron Gym(not saying that the iron gym was the first on the market, but many look similar to it). I tried out an Iron Gym for pull-ups at a friend's house, and it worked fine. Keep in mind, I weight 228lbs. No wobble or fear of it breaking on me.
    Yea it is the better version of the iron gym, well worth the extra money for the proper wide grip handles imo.

I just realized I live in an apartment that has 35" wide doors. WTF!!! What the hell were they thinking with these wide doors? Anyway I might still buy it and use it at work. Thanks

ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I just realized I live in an apartment that has 35" wide doors. WTF!!! What the hell were they thinking with these wide doors? Anyway I might still buy it and use it at work. Thanks
    you might need to get furniture though them and washer and dryers.

try this

http://www.instructables.com/id/No_S..._Bar_Door_Gym/

HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Those are some nice doors. You don't know how many times I slam into door frames when I'm in a hurry.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.2

Lifetime reps: TheSuccessful1

irishmickk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishmickk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishmickk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishmickk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishmickk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishmickk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishmickk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishmickk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishmickk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishmickk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishmickk has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I thought Iron Gym sold extension bars but I can't find them now, Creative fitness have a basic door gym and there are extension bars available for it and also they now have a wide grip bar all overpriced but it's worth considering. The only thing I don't like about the wide grip bar is that it just sits on top of the existing handles, it's not attached in any way. I have tried it and generally it's ok but it was always on my mind that it could slip off... http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Fitne.../dp/B00029A7C0

Pantallica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pantallica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pantallica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pantallica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pantallica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pantallica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pantallica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pantallica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pantallica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pantallica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Seems pretty good to me, mine is wall mounted and cost me $120

Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    don't forget if you have anything to loop it over...rings like rogue or elite rings are also great. and of course...you could always get a powerline power rack or something like that and give up your dining room

plmoknijb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) plmoknijb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) plmoknijb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was mad about the Iron Gym thing, because every door frame in my house is built with 1 side against a wall, so with the long handles it couldn't fit right on 1 side. Only 1 frame isn't like that, but its in a very inconvenient spot. On the inside of the door frame there is a ridge that sticks out. Even with that wider part away from the door, I'm not sure that flat spot is wide enough to put in one of the adjustable ones you screw in the inside of the frame.

I did have a picture of my door frame, but I do not have enough posts to post a picture.

The wall mount one may work for me. Will look into that.

plmoknijb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) plmoknijb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) plmoknijb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Found a wall mounted one on amazon. Again, I can't post a link or pic because of my post count but enter this on google or amazon and you can see it.

Power Systems Chin Up Bar

Looks decent and it comes out 16in from the wall. I saw lots of wall mounted bars didn't come out far enough from the wall. Saw lots with 10in from wall. Its 49.5in long as well.

eldolor will become famous soon enough. (+50) eldolor will become famous soon enough. (+50) eldolor will become famous soon enough. (+50) eldolor will become famous soon enough. (+50) eldolor will become famous soon enough. (+50) eldolor will become famous soon enough. (+50) eldolor will become famous soon enough. (+50) eldolor will become famous soon enough. (+50) eldolor will become famous soon enough. (+50) eldolor will become famous soon enough. (+50) eldolor will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm pretty sure I saw Iron Gym that came with the ab straps for $25 shipped on ebay. They are always selling them, I was going to buy one but I got a gold's gym from Walmart for Christmas. The thing didn't fit in my door so it's going back.

justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I bought the Gold's Gym version at Walmart for $19. Works great for me.

eldolor will become famous soon enough. (+50) eldolor will become famous soon enough. (+50) eldolor will become famous soon enough. (+50) eldolor will become famous soon enough. (+50) eldolor will become famous soon enough. (+50) eldolor will become famous soon enough. (+50) eldolor will become famous soon enough. (+50) eldolor will become famous soon enough. (+50) eldolor will become famous soon enough. (+50) eldolor will become famous soon enough. (+50) eldolor will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by justinluck View Post
    I bought the Gold's Gym version at Walmart for $19. Works great for me.
    $20?

Then I must have gotten a different name brand. Mine came in a yellow box, and was $50. It did come with ab straps and the 'perfect pushup' thing as well, so that may be the difference.