theaero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

First time doing squats.. can't walk!

So I did a pretty intense session the other day, involving squats and deadlift, along with various accessory workouts. (1.5 hr total, med-high intensity). With 30 mins of cardio afterwards (elliptical, HIIT)

Its been about 48 hours, and I still can barely walk, kneel, bend, etc. I havent worked out since then. I feel like I need to get into the gym, but I can barely even walk. Ive never been so sore in my entire life! Is this normal/okay? Should I get into the gym later today and do benchpress, etc?

EDIT:

Did 8x3 95lb squats
    5x1 115lb deadlift (weight didnt feel like an issue, but my technique did, so I decided to hold off until I am 100% sure how to perform them properly to prevent injury)

Also did leg press 300lbs 8x3
    Last edited by theaero; 12-24-2009 at 06:17 AM.

Registered User CharmanderTheGreat's Avatar
    CharmanderTheGreat is just really nice. (+1000) CharmanderTheGreat is just really nice. (+1000) CharmanderTheGreat is just really nice. (+1000) CharmanderTheGreat is just really nice. (+1000) CharmanderTheGreat is just really nice. (+1000) CharmanderTheGreat is just really nice. (+1000) CharmanderTheGreat is just really nice. (+1000) CharmanderTheGreat is just really nice. (+1000) CharmanderTheGreat is just really nice. (+1000) CharmanderTheGreat is just really nice. (+1000) CharmanderTheGreat is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by theaero View Post
    So I did a pretty intense session the other day, involving squats and deadlift, along with various accessory workouts. (1.5 hr total, med-high intensity). With 30 mins of cardio afterwards (elliptical, HIIT)

Its been about 48 hours, and I still can barely walk, kneel, bend, etc. I havent worked out since then. I feel like I need to get into the gym, but I can barely even walk. Ive never been so sore in my entire life! Is this normal/okay? Should I get into the gym later today and do benchpress, etc?

EDIT:

Did 8x3 95lb squats
    5x1 115lb deadlift (weight didnt feel like an issue, but my technique did, so I decided to hold off until I am 100% sure how to perform them properly to prevent injury)

yup, it will go away after a few days. and you can get back to it!

stealthmoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stealthmoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stealthmoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stealthmoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stealthmoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stealthmoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stealthmoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stealthmoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stealthmoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stealthmoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stealthmoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

EDIT:

Did 8x3 95lb squats

LOL This happened to me this summer when I really got into the Big 3 lifts. I started Rippetoes and did squats, DL, and miltary press and omfg. O wasn't walking normal for a week. It really did suck because i couldnt really work out that week either but once you star to feel the soreness go away, go back to the gym and hit it again. Trust me, this will be the worst pain in ur lifting life if you keep going.

I recommend you take a shower and turn it up really hot and try to stretch in there. It's paramount that you always stretch after the workouts or you'll be sore but if you get in the shower and try working some of the acid outta your muscles, it'll help the recovery.

G'luck!

CodyK7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CodyK7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CodyK7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CodyK7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CodyK7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CodyK7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CodyK7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CodyK7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CodyK7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CodyK7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CodyK7 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Nothing you can really do about it man just rest your legs until they aren't sore then hit them again. Too many guys stop working their legs because they get so sore keep it up though. Oh and eat eat eat so those muscles can rebuild

Madv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madv is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My chest hurts more than legs.

theaero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I really hope it gets better after awhile. If its like this everytime I do squats, I'll surely die.

Is doing cardio right afterwards okay, or not recommended? Any other recommendations to speed up recovery? I'll try stretching in the shower today

jjd6290 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jjd6290 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jjd6290 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jjd6290 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jjd6290 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jjd6290 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jjd6290 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jjd6290 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jjd6290 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jjd6290 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jjd6290 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Try to separate your cardio and weight training by at least a meal or two. You need to refuel and begin the rebuilding process right away. If you hop right onto the treadmill, you are only going to lengthen the healing time-span. Food and sleep are the fundamentals when it comes to recovery. Just try to eat at least 20-30 grams of protein, 30-40 grams of carbs, and 15-20 every 2-3 hours. Try going to bed before 10 also.
    Online Personal Training, Nutritional, Fitness, & Supplementation Programs designed to fit your unique lifestyle and overall goals at www.JOEDEMATTIOFITNESS.com I've done it, others have done it, are you up for the challenge?

The Lord is my Strength!

"Milk was a bad choice" ashylarryku's Avatar
    ashylarryku is just really nice. (+1000) ashylarryku is just really nice. (+1000) ashylarryku is just really nice. (+1000) ashylarryku is just really nice. (+1000) ashylarryku is just really nice. (+1000) ashylarryku is just really nice. (+1000) ashylarryku is just really nice. (+1000) ashylarryku is just really nice. (+1000) ashylarryku is just really nice. (+1000) ashylarryku is just really nice. (+1000) ashylarryku is just really nice. (+1000)
    Did 8x3 95lb squats

you're this sore after 7 sets?
    My training log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133003933

"Don't unrack the bar like the bar is gonna kick your ass" - Christian Thibaudeau

"All men are created equal, some just work harder" - Defranco's Gym

Deadlift 610 x 1
    Squat 455 x 1
    Bench 345 x 1

1,400 Total @ BW 197 video here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDr4a_SunYs

Subscribe to my YouTube channel for training videos almost daily:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ashylarryku?feature=watch

cut.copy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cut.copy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cut.copy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cut.copy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cut.copy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cut.copy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cut.copy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cut.copy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cut.copy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cut.copy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cut.copy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    lol, yeap, this would happen when doing an exercise for the first time... get in the shower and alternate water temperature (hot->cold->hot->cold). That might help a bit.

maseay14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maseay14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maseay14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maseay14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maseay14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maseay14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maseay14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maseay14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maseay14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maseay14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maseay14 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Haha there is a post about this every few days.. I posted one when it happened to me.
    But seriously, as soon as you heal up you'll be able to squat so much more.
    Thanks to anyone who has ever repped me. Cheers!

What we do in life echoes in eternity

nrp603 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nrp603 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nrp603 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nrp603 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nrp603 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nrp603 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nrp603 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nrp603 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nrp603 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nrp603 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) nrp603 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    ya exact same thing happened to me. leaving the gym after i couldnt even walk right it was kind of funny in a way. but ya, i was sore for about a week and could run or walk normally and on the third day was when it was the most painful

CodyK7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CodyK7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CodyK7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CodyK7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CodyK7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CodyK7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CodyK7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CodyK7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CodyK7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CodyK7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CodyK7 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I really hope it gets better after awhile. If its like this everytime I do squats, I'll surely die.

Is doing cardio right afterwards okay, or not recommended? Any other recommendations to speed up recovery? I'll try stretching in the shower today
    I never am able to do cardio my legs are so tight when I get done. I do cardio on a seperate day

imryanblank is just really nice. (+1000) imryanblank is just really nice. (+1000) imryanblank is just really nice. (+1000) imryanblank is just really nice. (+1000) imryanblank is just really nice. (+1000) imryanblank is just really nice. (+1000) imryanblank is just really nice. (+1000) imryanblank is just really nice. (+1000) imryanblank is just really nice. (+1000) imryanblank is just really nice. (+1000) imryanblank is just really nice. (+1000)

EDIT:

Did 8x3 95lb squats

Yeah man I worked out legs for the first time EVER yesterday. My hamstrings are killing me and I can barly walk up steps.

R1x is a jewel in the rough. (+500) R1x is a jewel in the rough. (+500) R1x is a jewel in the rough. (+500) R1x is a jewel in the rough. (+500) R1x is a jewel in the rough. (+500) R1x is a jewel in the rough. (+500) R1x is a jewel in the rough. (+500) R1x is a jewel in the rough. (+500) R1x is a jewel in the rough. (+500) R1x is a jewel in the rough. (+500) R1x is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I remember the first time i did squats and DL, and as my gyms on a first floor, I could hardly get down the stairs afterwards- my legs felt like they were going to give way.

As for the next morning, I couldnt get outta bed lol and i was still aching 5 days later

But dont worry your body will get used to it after a while and the soreness wont be as bad next time.

Proper nutrition is key DoubleD_1990's Avatar
    DoubleD_1990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DoubleD_1990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DoubleD_1990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DoubleD_1990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DoubleD_1990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DoubleD_1990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DoubleD_1990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DoubleD_1990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DoubleD_1990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DoubleD_1990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DoubleD_1990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Ice baths

You want to take an ice bath to ease the soreness. A hot shower will open your pores and let in all the bacteria from the water....alll the bacteria >.>.