Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Stumprrp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stumprrp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stumprrp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stumprrp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stumprrp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stumprrp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stumprrp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stumprrp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stumprrp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stumprrp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stumprrp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    same here big large, i also agree to layoff the deadlifts with a back injury, it hits the whole back from erectors to traps

haha my max was 315 when i started too, but i was like 15 or 16 and 275 lb fat ass lol.
    No pain No gain.

gettnthere is not very helpful. (-500) gettnthere is not very helpful. (-500) gettnthere is not very helpful. (-500) gettnthere is not very helpful. (-500) gettnthere is not very helpful. (-500) gettnthere is not very helpful. (-500) gettnthere is not very helpful. (-500) gettnthere is not very helpful. (-500) gettnthere is not very helpful. (-500) gettnthere is not very helpful. (-500) gettnthere is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by ProOne View Post
    My 16 yo is 6'1" and 255....he squatted 505 with belt and wraps...benched 285 raw...and deadlifted 525 with belt...his clean is lacking...205....his HS coach has the team on the BSF program (which I personally think is crap).
    yeah that program is ****....thats what are school uses...and the one kid stronger then me in the school is on it...hes a senior...18yrs old, 5'8" 240lbs, squats 500, benches 350 and deadlifts maybe 450-500
    RAW powerlifter
    skype for workout/diet programs ect-- thatkid949

Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000)
    My kid's school used BFS too. It can be a good program if it's monitored and implemented correctly. It wasn't at his school. Far too many kids went in and did the minimum amount of work required for the main lifts then picked assistance that had nothing to do with what they were working. too many curls and stuff, not enough good mornings, board presses, etc as assistance. Lots of horrible, horrible form being used as well. The couple coaches who were the trainers, while nice enough guys, were too busy with their own workouts to pay attention to things that I'd consider to be important, like, how to squat.

I trained my son and his friend at home. In his Jr year, when they went in to test squats when football camp started, my son did 30 reps of 315 box squats. He stopped at 30 because the most anyone had done up to that point was 24. A coach who didn't like him told him the box was too high (he was using the same box one of the "preferred" kids was using and he was the same height) and made him do it over without any rest. He got 26 more reps. The whole team was cheering him on and the coach shut up.

ProOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProOne is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My son's football coach runs the BFS program...he doesn''t have a clue.....it's very discouraging because with the right training there are a few kids that could do very well, my son included....for instance, they do heavy box squats on tuesday and then squat heavy on thursday....doesn't make sense
    Do not fear the weights, let the weights fear you

Registered User Little Hercules's Avatar
    Little Hercules has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    whoaa. im 177lbs and i can pull a 440.

Good work though mang, keep at it.
    5'6 173lbs
    16 years old

Max's!!
    Bench - 230lbs
    Squat - 365lbs
    Power Clean - 240lbs
    Deadlift - 440lbs

ProOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProOne is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Danimal, sounds like your kid's coach isn't to bright either....
    Do not fear the weights, let the weights fear you

sheva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sheva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sheva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sheva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sheva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sheva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sheva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sheva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sheva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sheva is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sheva is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by gettnthere View Post
    lol wow u guys have diff deffenitions of strength, im a hundred lbs over that, a year younger dont weigh more and i still think i could get a lil stronger
    Wait i remember you bragging you you were DEFINATELY gonna nail 500 before 2006 was out? Did ya eventually make it?

Is loving box squats! Lean_and_Mean's Avatar
    Lean_and_Mean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lean_and_Mean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lean_and_Mean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lean_and_Mean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lean_and_Mean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lean_and_Mean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lean_and_Mean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lean_and_Mean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lean_and_Mean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lean_and_Mean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lean_and_Mean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Your deadlift isn't very good for your age or weight yet. Don't worry about it though you should be able to hit double bodyweight in 8 months easily. I pulled double my weight over a month ago, and I have only been deadlifting since late spring. I never maxed when I started but I could rep out 225 atleast a few times. I am nothing special by any means, so if I can do it so can you!
    6'1" 230 pounds of wannabee powerlifter

Check out my sweet journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1011911

Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000) Danimal is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ProOne View Post
    Danimal, sounds like your kid's coach isn't to bright either....
    I wouldn't say that, but there really wasn't enough instruction and supervision going on. They had 2 kids who did great on it, they even got featured in some BFS magazine or something. But, too many kids went in and did the minimum and left. If I had the time I would have tried to go up there and help, but hard to do when they are lifting after school. I would have made them do more compound assistance lifts. No one rowed, no one did good mornings, it was all leg extensions and curls and stuff like that.

magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by 10ptbuck View Post
    Easy, I wouldnt say his lifts "suck the nuts" esp since you have the physique of a 10 year old with the stats that match.
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaha, whooo, yeah!

breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000)
    It's hard to say what good is. If you are deadlifting at all, you're doing good.

If you are deadlifting 315, again you are doing pretty good.
    At 16, even better.

However, my friend did 385@16 at a bodyweight of 128. So over 3x bodyweight, and he was a tiny little guy. You wouldn't even think he worked out.

Just monitor your progress in relation to yourself. A 315 deadlift is good... but not if your deadlift was 315 this time last year. Don't get too content with what you can lift or you'll never progress.

heavyliftin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heavyliftin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heavyliftin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heavyliftin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heavyliftin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heavyliftin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heavyliftin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heavyliftin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heavyliftin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heavyliftin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heavyliftin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There are some big deads out there, there are a good number of other 16 year olds that beat me, and I have competition style deadlifted 495 @ 185, so good is relative.

RProsser922 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RProsser922 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RProsser922 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RProsser922 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RProsser922 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RProsser922 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RProsser922 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RProsser922 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RProsser922 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RProsser922 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RProsser922 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by 10ptbuck View Post
    Easy, I wouldnt say his lifts "suck the nuts" esp since you have the physique of a 10 year old girl with the stats that match.
    I didnt say his lifts suck the nuts... I said if hes been training his balls off for a long time it sucks. I was agreeing with the post above me as saying that it depends on all the different situations/variables. I really hope your not 29 attacking a 17 year old, if so...awesome.
    Height: 5' 7"
    Weight: 125/137lbs
    Bench: 130/160lbs
    Squat: 250/300lbs(Femur Parallel - Belt)
    Deadlift: 225/275lbs(Sumo - Over/Under Grip - Belt)

Before/After - Started end of December

gettnthere is not very helpful. (-500) gettnthere is not very helpful. (-500) gettnthere is not very helpful. (-500) gettnthere is not very helpful. (-500) gettnthere is not very helpful. (-500) gettnthere is not very helpful. (-500) gettnthere is not very helpful. (-500) gettnthere is not very helpful. (-500) gettnthere is not very helpful. (-500) gettnthere is not very helpful. (-500) gettnthere is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by sheva View Post
    Wait i remember you bragging you you were DEFINATELY gonna nail 500 before 2006 was out? Did ya eventually make it?
    nope got 480, but that was still a 20lb pr after dieting down to 162 from 177 so i wasnt too mad.
    RAW powerlifter

wanabeebig will become famous soon enough. (+50) wanabeebig will become famous soon enough. (+50) wanabeebig will become famous soon enough. (+50) wanabeebig will become famous soon enough. (+50) wanabeebig will become famous soon enough. (+50) wanabeebig will become famous soon enough. (+50) wanabeebig will become famous soon enough. (+50) wanabeebig will become famous soon enough. (+50) wanabeebig will become famous soon enough. (+50) wanabeebig will become famous soon enough. (+50) wanabeebig will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    lol, guys this isn't really about me, the point is what is a good deadlift for my age.???

Ive been doing deads for a little over a month, about every 1 or 2 weeks ill throw them in my routine.

I'm NOT A POWERLIFTER.

I got my back adjusted, i had an out vertibrea, feels alot better

I'm out of lifting for 2-3 days, i need to where a belt , by Doctor, and stop squating, by Doctor.

But i'm beside the point, WHAT IS A GOOD DEADLIFT, FOR A 15-17 YEAR OLD.

I WANT A GOOD DEADLIFT, NOT AN AMAZING 500 POUND DEAD.

And to the guy who said somthing about Dante, yeah that's why i talk to him about my training, and he helped me ALOT, and that is because i give the training bad rep, f*ck off.

Also had help from many member on there.
    Last edited by wanabeebig; 01-25-2007 at 04:50 PM.

Originally Posted by wanabeebig View Post
    lol, guys this isn't really about me, the point is what is a good deadlift for my age.???

Ive been doing deads for a little over a month, about every 1 or 2 weeks.

I'm NOT A POWERLIFTER.

I got my back adjusted, i had an out vertibrea, feels alot better

I'm out of lifting for 2-3 days, i need to where a belt , by Doctor, and stop squating, by Doctor.

But i'm beside the point, WHAT IS A GOOD DEADLIFT, FOR A 15-17 YEAR OLD.

I WANT A GOOD DEADLIFT, NOT AN AMAZING 500 POUND DEAD.
    well if you stop squatting your deadlift isnt gonna go anywhere...doctor told me to stop squatting about a year ago because my right knee is ****ed up...so i squatted more and my knee feels alot better so... and btw a Good deadlift in my opinion for a 15-17yr old would be 400lbs+
    RAW powerlifter

wanabeebig will become famous soon enough. (+50) wanabeebig will become famous soon enough. (+50) wanabeebig will become famous soon enough. (+50) wanabeebig will become famous soon enough. (+50) wanabeebig will become famous soon enough. (+50) wanabeebig will become famous soon enough. (+50) wanabeebig will become famous soon enough. (+50) wanabeebig will become famous soon enough. (+50) wanabeebig will become famous soon enough. (+50) wanabeebig will become famous soon enough. (+50) wanabeebig will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    well if you stop squatting your deadlift isnt gonna go anywhere...doctor told me to stop squatting about a year ago because my right knee is ****ed up...so i squatted more and my knee feels alot better so... and btw a Good deadlift in my opinion for a 15-17yr old would be 400lbs+

Yeah, i never said i was going to stop doing squats, but i back was f*cked up, lol.

It was so bad, last night i could only get 185 for 3 reps on the deadlift, but earlier is was 315 for 2.

Hard to beleive.

But it was the dumbest thing i could do for it.

O thanks for the answere, so a 400+ dead is good, what is amazing,. 550 pound dead at 16.?

Again: I'm a BodyBuilder not a Powerlifter

priest7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) priest7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) priest7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) priest7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    im 17 now, 170lbs 5'10 bench 245lbs, deadlifted 315x2 and i dont do them regularly

Perpetual-burn is not very well liked. (-100) Perpetual-burn is not very well liked. (-100) Perpetual-burn is not very well liked. (-100) Perpetual-burn is not very well liked. (-100) Perpetual-burn is not very well liked. (-100) Perpetual-burn is not very well liked. (-100) Perpetual-burn is not very well liked. (-100) Perpetual-burn is not very well liked. (-100) Perpetual-burn is not very well liked. (-100) Perpetual-burn is not very well liked. (-100) Perpetual-burn is not very well liked. (-100)
    I just did 425 lbs at 182 yesterday, raw; no belt, straps or anything. I was sooooooooooo happy I hope to bulk to 200 and get a solid 500 lbs totally raw dead. Moral of the story, there can be some big deads from younger kids. Some are just freaks, mine is just training hard.

Originally Posted by priest7 View Post
    im 17 now, 170lbs 5'10 bench 245lbs, deadlifted 315x2 and i dont do them regularly

Point.?

Yeah, i never said i was going to stop doing squats, but i back was f*cked up, lol.

It was so bad, last night i could only get 185 for 3 reps on the deadlift, but earlier is was 315 for 2.

Hard to beleive.

But it was the dumbest thing i could do for it.

O thanks for the answere, so a 400+ dead is good, what is amazing,. 550 pound dead at 16.?

Again: I'm a BodyBuilder not a Powerlifter
    at your weight for 16 anything over 500 i would consider amazing since i dont know anyone personally who has done that at 16...but if you're strictly a bodybuilder then why are you worried about how good your deadlift is.....you should be more focused on what you lOok like you can deadlift.
    RAW powerlifter

at your weight for 16 anything over 500 i would consider amazing since i dont know anyone personally who has done that at 16...but if you're strictly a bodybuilder then why are you worried about how good your deadlift is.....you should be more focused on what you lOok like you can deadlift.

Well any bodybuilder wants to be strong, if they say otherwise there lieing.

I was just wondering what was a good deadlift, not worried.

Well any bodybuilder wants to be strong, if they say otherwise there lieing.

I was just wondering what was a good deadlift, not worried.

I'd actually highly doubt cutler cares too much about how strong he is...he only benched around 315 when he was 18/19 and didnt rep anything close to that from what i've read but w.e. man
    RAW powerlifter

I'd actually highly doubt cutler cares too much about how strong he is...he only benched around 315 when he was 18/19 and didnt rep anything close to that from what i've read but w.e. man

Most of the top bodybuilders where powerlifters at one time, Cutler is one guy.

So would Cutler rather be benching 115, or 315.?? I'm guessing he would say 315.

Only reason i asked about the deadlift is because i havent been at the highschool in over a year, i didn't have anything over 210 pound tell yesterday, i bought 300 pounds of plates.

So my highest rep of 210 was 16 times, but lost my grip.

longhorn_1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i no an 18 year old guy that did 610 a few weeks ago in a power lifting competition but he has been working out for 4 years+

BIgUgly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIgUgly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I maxed out last week at 435lbs. I'm 16.
    274 lbs
    6 ft

Maxes-
    Squat: 455lbs as of January 16/07
    Bench Press: 265lbs as of January 17/07
    Deadlift: 435lbs as of January 19/07

RProsser922 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RProsser922 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RProsser922 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RProsser922 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RProsser922 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RProsser922 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RProsser922 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RProsser922 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RProsser922 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RProsser922 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RProsser922 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think age should have no matter really. More of depends on how long you have been "seriously" lifting. Your height, and bodyweight and maybe BF%.
    Height: 5' 7"
    Weight: 125/137lbs
    Bench: 130/160lbs
    Squat: 250/300lbs(Femur Parallel - Belt)
    Deadlift: 225/275lbs(Sumo - Over/Under Grip - Belt)

Before/After - Started end of December

killllller9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i deadlifted 385 last week and im only 180 pounds and 15 years of age

amt4331 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amt4331 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amt4331 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amt4331 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amt4331 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amt4331 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amt4331 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amt4331 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amt4331 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amt4331 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amt4331 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'd say a good deadlift would be 2.25xbodyweight-(405 at ur weight) I'd say a 15-17 year old should be able to deadlift 3xbodyweight(540 for you) if they train right. Get your back healed up and you will be pulling 4 plates in no time!

I think 375 was a decent lift for me around 165, but I want to get close to 500 before I'm 17. I've only been lifting weights on and off since Jan. 2006 and didn't lift all summer. My dead went from 305 the first week in Sept. 2006 to 425 about a week for two ago.

mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000) mochi is just really nice. (+1000)