skinnyDude44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnyDude44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnyDude44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnyDude44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnyDude44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnyDude44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnyDude44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnyDude44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnyDude44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnyDude44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnyDude44 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

My Journey to Miami-Dade College Baseball

Hey yall. I guess I'll start this thing with a little background of myself and my history with baseball. I am 19 years old and I am currently in my freshman year of college. I have been lifting weights all school year (a little over three months) and it hasn't been till now that I have noticed some results. I have become more defined, my endurance has shot up, a lot of good things and no negatives. Since the beginning of school, I have been telling myself that i wanted to tryout for the Miami-Dade College baseball team, and up until now I really haven't been training for baseball specifically, just been lifting and getting stronger. Now, my whole life I have been a pitcher, and when I played, I was always a good one. Throughout little league I had been on All-Star teams and was noticed as one of the better players on the team. After little league ended, it was time to suit up for high school. This was a whole different ball game though. I was not prepared for the running and conditioning that they threw at us. Practice every day was also not something I was used to. So after about half a year of it I had had enough. I left the team after Christmas break and that was that. I had been smoking pot a lot during baseball and other numerous drugs. After a few weeks of not playing baseball, my parents caught me and sent me off to rehab for three months. When I got back home, I was a new person. I had goals and my number one goal was to become a professional baseball player. I started throwing every week during the summer and when Fall ball started I was ready. Everything was good until I started hanging with the wrong crowd again (this time it was graffiti) and around Christmas break I gave up again. So for the rest of high school I just played in a couple of leagues and didn't play that well, but I didn't have to go to practice or run at all. Finally, I am ready to go the distance. I have been running a lot and can run for far distances without it being a problem (it actually feels good now for my calves to be burning after a long jog) and I am waaaayyy more disciplined. Today was my first day of my journey to Collegiate level baseball. I am currently running an M-Stak log, and I am trying to put on weight before I do a lot of baseball specific workouts in the gym. So for about another week and a half I will be training with heavy weights and low reps. Once that is over all my workouts and training will be for baseball. In January, I will be starting my Firefighting certification course at Miami-Dade North and there we will be doing a lot of conditioning so that will definitely not hurt my baseball training. It is time to get serious and I will not fail. I swear to myself that when baseball tryouts come around, I will be ready.

Day 1 - Long Toss/2 mile jog

Threw the ball by myself today. Not able to throw the ball very far but I felt that at the end of all my throwing, my arm had got a good workout. Tomorrow I will be going to the gym to workout my back and biceps, but I will also try to get in some core workouts as well. Hopefully sometime during this journal I can purchase a radar gun to see how fast I am throwing, and what improvements there are. I will try to post some videos or maybe pictures of my workouts here and there. Will post tomorrow's workout here and in M-Stak log.
    ###M-Stak Log###
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=419118451#post419118451
    ***Please Comment!!!***

skinnyDude44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnyDude44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnyDude44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnyDude44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnyDude44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnyDude44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnyDude44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnyDude44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnyDude44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnyDude44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnyDude44 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yesterday Afternoon

Back

Close Grip Pulldown - 140x8x3
    DB Rows - 50x8x3
    Behind Neck Wide Grip Pulldown - 110x8x3
    Bent Over Reverse Grip DB Rows - 40x8x2

Biceps

DB Alternating Curl - 35x8 30x8 30x6
    EZ Bar Machine - 50x8 60x7
    Hammer Curl - 30x8 25x8

Kind of a so-so workout. I didn't have super intense energy when I got there but I did end up getting a nice pump in both muscle groups. Trying not to take these groups too far due to the lack of chest development caused by my pectus excavatum, but it ended up not being horrible.

Gonna go hit the park now. Workin on my arm strength.
    ###M-Stak Log###
    ***Please Comment!!!***

Day 2 - Core/Long Toss

I got home from my girlfriend's house today around 8:15 AM and as soon as I got here I started up my computer and put on the Ab Ripper X part of P90X. The workout was pretty tough and since it was my first time doing it, I was pretty slow and couldn't complete 25 reps for each exercise. In the end I believe that I at least got to 300 reps total but regardless I felt a good burn.

Long toss was the best though. Mingd you I go out to the park by my house and throw by myself. I have 9 baseballs as of yesterday, so I basically go out there, stretch, and throw the baseball as far as I can and as many times as I can. Today it was pooring, and I mean like a flood watch type of pooring. Not just a little drizzle here and there, but a non-stop down poor. Here are the stats of the entire "workout".

Warm-Up (30 foot toss with body squared and both feet planted) - 9x4(36 throws)

Medium Toss (crow-hop and medium force on throw) - 9x2(18 throws)

Long Toss (crow-hop and full force on throw) - 9x3(27 throws)

Drill 1 - 9 pitches

Drill 2 - 9 pitches

From Stretch - 9 pitches (fastball, curveball)

From Wind-Up - 9 pitches (fastball, curveball)

And then a light jog. This whole workout was done in the rain, and in the end I threw the baseball a total of 117 times, to no one. So at the same time I guess you could say this was also somewhat of a short cardio workout as well. I don't expect everyone who comes by this to know everything about baseball so I didn't bother describing the drills, they both are just a couple of things I learned whiler playing ball in high school. Ant feed back is appreciated. Thanks to all. Peace
    ###M-Stak Log###
    ***Please Comment!!!***

jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) jgood will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Not to beat a deadhorse if you've heard it before .... but splitting workouts into more bodybuilding like workouts isn't going to be the best. First, big biceps aren't going to do you much good .... but might I suggest a full-body, upper/lower or lower/upper + 2 full-body type of workouts. Compound lifts let you do less work with more bang for the buck.
    =============================================
    My Training Log:
    new log soon!
    =============================================