Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Aeries View Post
    Sorry I should have phrased it better. I meant if they're doing an exercise in a way that would be damaging. But yes, I would always correct someone on their technique if its poor. Its my job...
    Sorry, but that isn't true. It's your job to correct your CLIENTS' form, it is not your job to unsolicitedly lecture people on how to work out. Trainers that do that bug the **** out of me and if I was a potential client it would GREATLY turn me off. If someone asks for your help, give it, if they don't... then you CAN offer to show them a way to maximize the benefits of the exercise they're performing but it's not your place to "correct them".

As for the debate on marathon running being healthy, here's another tidbit to add to the debate: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27460551/page/1/
    Last edited by tovlakas; 01-15-2010 at 01:52 PM.

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by lauren921 View Post
    I go to a small gym It's actually someone I do business with who told me he only works chest and abs. Just seems to me people who do that would look, well, funny.
    And more importantly, it affects their movement, health and function.

One guy I know who does only bench, curls, skullcrushers, etc - one time I tried to get him under the squat bar and he didn't have the shoulder flexibility to hold the bar on his back. He actually couldn't get his hands back there. If he wears a backpack, he has to sort of shrug it off, he can't take it off.

And he wonders why he gets shoulder pain.

All that, and he only benches what I can, a healthy but unimpressive 85kg or so. If he were at least putting up international records I could understand it...

BRB... Eating a chicken askthetrainer's Avatar
    askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Morbidly obese people who claim they're not Morbidly obese

"I've always been big boned"

Give me a ****ing break
    Contact me about our author Program

www.AskTheTrainer.com | Twitter.com/AskTheTrainer | ********.com/askthetrainercom

jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by askthetrainer View Post
    Morbidly obese people who claim they're not Morbidly obese

"I've always been big boned"

Give me a ****ing break

I'm big boned/my thyroid/runs in the family/bad knees....... fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by jules_d1 View Post
    I'm big boned/my thyroid/runs in the family/bad knees....... fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
    man oh man seems like everyones thyroid is underactive these days
    IFPA/PNBA Natural Pro Bodybuilder
    P4P Muscle Sponsored Athlete
    Fitness and Nutrition Programs www.Payhip.com/JulianBrownFitness
    www.JulianBrownTraining.com
    www.********.com/Julianbrownpersonaltraining
    www.dailymotion.com/julian11453
    www.Twitter.com/Jbtraining
    www.askthetrainer.com/author/julianbrown/

I didn't hear no bell! Rap_Rocky's Avatar
    Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Obese people that wear underarmour shirts.
    I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying.
    I'm not out there sweating for three hours every day just to find out what it feels like to sweat.

Billy_Gunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy_Gunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy_Gunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy_Gunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy_Gunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy_Gunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy_Gunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy_Gunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy_Gunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy_Gunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy_Gunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    people that wear a sauna suit every workout because they think they'll burn fat somehow
    or that sweating more necessarily leads to more fat loss

there's no reason to wear a sauna suit unless you're cutting weight for a combative sport (or bodybuilding maybe?)
    if your guns are bigger than your neck, you've got a problem

jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000) jules_d1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Billy_Gunn View Post
    people that wear a sauna suit every workout because they think they'll burn fat somehow
    or that sweating more necessarily leads to more fat loss

there's no reason to wear a sauna suit unless you're cutting weight for a combative sport (or bodybuilding maybe?)

or a jockey?

Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Rap_Rocky View Post
    for real though! I'm around 17%bf and I'd be damn uncomfortable in under armour.
    Sept of Baelor was an inside job. Wildfire can't melt stone masonry.

Dwalcott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dwalcott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dwalcott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dwalcott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dwalcott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dwalcott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dwalcott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dwalcott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dwalcott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dwalcott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dwalcott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Discov3ry View Post
    workout or GTFO.

That should be on the back of a T-shirt.
    Fate Loves The Fearless
    Damian Walcott NASM-CPT-PES-CES
    Twitter.com/Dwalcott

Registered User trance__dreamer's Avatar
    trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Talking

Originally Posted by Dwalcott View Post
    That should be on the back of a T-shirt.
    yes please.

txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    people who come in and bench press every day!!

*with about six 10lbs plates on each side of the *smith machine* bar!
    -------------------------------www.Texas-AP.com--------------------------------------
    --------------------- join us on face book: txapn and txapn stefan ---------------------
    --------------------- HOWS THIS GAME GOING TO REMEMBER YOU? ---------------------

thegoat1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thegoat1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thegoat1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thegoat1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thegoat1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thegoat1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thegoat1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thegoat1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thegoat1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thegoat1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thegoat1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well,if you don't mind me saying-at least they out there exercising rather then sitting on the sofa eating rubbish...
    I personally don't see any problem with people running on trucks or around lakes,etc-whatever floats your boat.... we all have got out habits, and doing that is not a bad habit at all. I used to be a long distance runner and it doesn't get lonelier and more boring than that, but some people gets loads of pleasure out of it, because not everybody are able to do that day in and day out. I loved every minute of it. Its boring,though,rains,cold,hot,lonely- but the fact,the feeling that you pull through,-its priceless. I always run on the same route,it just becomes your friend, something that you know very well, you know what to expect, when is it going to finish-thats all positive stuff.
    Sadly I had to give up my passion-but I found a new one. Now,Im a BB, and close to my comp you see me walking on the treadmill for an hour after my weight training,and on the road once again in the afternoon before I go to work.In my gym most of the guys are BB's,so we don't look at each other thinking-why? Us woman can not hold our muscle well so we need to walk, not run. I couldn't anyway sadly. Ages ago I used to think when I saw people running around lakes,-why are you doing this,I do not understand....now I do. And admire and appreciate everyone who goes out there and does it. Running is hard. It doesn't matter where you do it, how you do it. It will never become any easier. Its a fight against yourself. And you have to win. On the road, on the trucks, on the treadmill-doesn't matter. Thumbs up whoever is strong enough to do it.

realeyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) realeyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) realeyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) realeyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) realeyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) realeyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) realeyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) realeyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) realeyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) realeyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) realeyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Talking

I like to run outside as long as its in a quiet park with no cars, exhaust fumes around me. I find this very conducive to excited thought processes and its where I get some of my best ideas for things.

I also like doing cardio indoors on my recumbent bike while watching an action movie or TV show in the home theater with lots of chases, explosions, gun play and hot women. Makes the time go by fast AND inspires great intensity too.

askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by realeyz View Post
    I like to run outside as long as its in a quiet park with no cars, exhaust fumes around me. I find this very conducive to excited thought processes and its where I get some of my best ideas for things.

I also like doing cardio indoors on my recumbent bike while watching an action movie or TV show in the home theater with lots of chases, explosions, gun play and hot women. Makes the time go by fast AND inspires great intensity too.
    Watch Crank & Crank 2 = 3 hours of intense cardio

www.AskTheTrainer.com | Twitter.com/AskTheTrainer | ********.com/askthetrainercom

Aidensmomma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aidensmomma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aidensmomma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aidensmomma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aidensmomma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aidensmomma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aidensmomma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aidensmomma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aidensmomma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aidensmomma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aidensmomma is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Not a gym scenario, but sadly a very true one that just irks me big time...

I can't stand that I have obese family members who can't even get out of their chair on their own and were told to loose the weight, bought a treadmill and now use it to hang damn clothes on. THEN buy a damn WII FIT like they can use it, because they are over the freaking weight limit, or play the games sitting in your chair! WTF!
    I'm married to a real man...that kind of man is a Marine

Location: Salisbury, Wiltshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    An overweight heavily pregnant woman who walks down the street in a track suit that doesn't fit. Their half coverd stomach bulges out as they wobble along. Its disgusting! lol

Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000)
    Personal Trainers that don't show up to their appointments. I'm getting handfed 30 new clients cause others don't want to show up lol.
    A.C.E Certified Personal Trainer
    N.E.S.T.A Fitness Nutrition Coach

HOMER: [holds Lisa's suitcase] Somebody's traveling light.
    LISA: Meh. Maybe you're just getting stronger.
    HOMER: Well, I have been eating more.

Squat:560-Raw 565-wraps
    Bench:365-Raw
    Deadlift:555-Raw
    Front Squat-405x2(Raw) 465x1(Wraps)

I didn't hear no bell! Rap_Rocky's Avatar
    Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    People who base their ENTIRE workout out at the squat rack.

For example:

Deadlifts
    Barbell Squats
    Overhead Press
    Calf Raises at the squat rack
    Shrugs at the squat rack
    T-Rows at the squat rack

and of course, what workout is complete without some killer bicep curls...where? you guessed it! at the squat rack...
    I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying.
    I'm not out there sweating for three hours every day just to find out what it feels like to sweat.

EK_JOE will become famous soon enough. (+50) EK_JOE will become famous soon enough. (+50) EK_JOE will become famous soon enough. (+50) EK_JOE will become famous soon enough. (+50) EK_JOE will become famous soon enough. (+50) EK_JOE will become famous soon enough. (+50) EK_JOE will become famous soon enough. (+50) EK_JOE will become famous soon enough. (+50) EK_JOE will become famous soon enough. (+50) EK_JOE will become famous soon enough. (+50) EK_JOE will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Guys that come in the functional area and use the dumbells to curl and do delt flys. And they don't rerack that sh*t.

im late, so monster quote.

Who are those people with fitness habits you just CANNOT understand?

I like running/jogging but could never run around a track, lake, and especially on a treadmill..
    you use gps hrm?

I can see what you mean. I'm a victim of the treadmill :[

Originally Posted by relivin View Post
    The people who train a particular body part on a particular day,
    Monday. Classic chest day in so many gyms lol

Originally Posted by weslee1980 View Post
    become one of them and slit my own wrists just so I don't have to look at them anymore.
    Do that one.

Originally Posted by JulianBee View Post
    People who put the treadmill incline up all the way, but hang on for dear life
    Frankenstein!

Originally Posted by BraSo View Post
    those who lift a not so heavy weight then grunts louder than an elephant from the very first rep.
    Heavy or not. When you reach failure it's the same, but I agree with you about the loud grunting lol

Originally Posted by Dden View Post
    When i see a 150 pound guy load 3 plates on the bench and have his spotter curl the bar while he benches. Then gets up and looks around to see who is looking at him like he did something awesome.
    What if it was a guy that weighed 215 ?

Originally Posted by GivemeSIX View Post
    my traps and lats exploddddeeeeeeeee from that shiiit
    Wait till your delts exploddddeeeeeeeee from that shiiit

Originally Posted by KyleAaron View Post
    I can't understand people who get into careers they've no real interest in.
    Money talks. Many different languages too.

Originally Posted by Keltron View Post
    Why the hell would a guy who's over 20% bf have a "shoulders" day? Or a "forearms and traps" day?
    You should know it depends on their goals. Maybe he's doing a 5 day split and he's not trying to lose bf.

I also can't stand trainers who spend 1/3 of their session doing crunches and other various ab exercies when their client has a layer of fat over their abs.
    Maybe he has really bad posture deviance or has a very over active erector spinae.

Originally Posted by Dwalcott View Post
    You have to pick and choose who you go up to.
    Word to that.

What about the thousands of People you've never seen before who flock to the gym in January which 90% are are gone by february
    Or never make it back in after the holidays lol

I cannot understand the women who don't do squats, but are in the gym all day doing the hip ab/adduction machine.
    LOL

Originally Posted by ansatsuken View Post
    Id rather that than like a fatty mentioned above Some guys are just creeps though.
    YES!!!! Old ass men trying to leg hump some ********. *shakes head*

Originally Posted by neutrolizr View Post
    I can't understand people who go to "fitness" classes where they work their asses off for an hour or more, five days a week, doing exercises that quite frankly are made up to keep them interested, but have either no relevence to fitness, and can also hurt them. Then they ask you why they're not losing weight or body fat when all they do is jump around, do a few pushups and sweat their asses off while burning up their muscle, rather than concentrating on adding that lean tissue.
    But.... But....... The classes are my "cardio"

is this the one you're talking about?
    rofl

Originally Posted by maglight View Post
    A lot of people think that 90% of trainers dont know what they are doing
    Whose "A lot of people"?

Originally Posted by KyleAaron View Post
    You only know one? Woman, chest, abs and biceps is about 90% of the males at the gym.
    Let's take abs out and put triceps in there.

Originally Posted by Halothane View Post
    In wich sport does the body need to be stable on a ball....This is completly worthless, dangerous and a pure waste of time.
    log rolling? lol

Originally Posted by JOSEF RAKICH View Post
    "But bro, when im at the bar gringing on all those bitches none of them care about how big my legs are"

Holy Sh*t ROFLMAO!

Is it the same for the skinny guys too? Or can only bodybuilders wear them?
    :O

Originally Posted by txapn View Post
    people who come in and bench press every day!!
    I've had people actually tell me. "I work chest out every other day"

Originally Posted by Mr.ILL View Post
    Personal Trainers that don't show up to their appointments. I'm getting handfed 30 new clients cause others don't want to show up lol.
    So that's a good thing right?
    Oatmeal Raisin Asians

Registered User trance__dreamer's Avatar
    trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Cool

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php...age&img=687362

^^ wh...wha...huh? who the hell...

*waits 5 seconds* LOL at the dog.

...on 2nd thought, i'm not sure which part is funnier. invisible incline doesn't make me laugh as hard, though. =/ the dog made me almost piss. bahahaha.

krazy_kurly is on a distinguished road. (+10) krazy_kurly is on a distinguished road. (+10) krazy_kurly is on a distinguished road. (+10) krazy_kurly is on a distinguished road. (+10) krazy_kurly is on a distinguished road. (+10) krazy_kurly is on a distinguished road. (+10) krazy_kurly is on a distinguished road. (+10) krazy_kurly is on a distinguished road. (+10) krazy_kurly is on a distinguished road. (+10) krazy_kurly is on a distinguished road. (+10) krazy_kurly is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by GSGear View Post
    While I was jogging on the treadmill once I watched a girl drive around the lot 3 times trying to get a close parking spot, then when she decided to park she came in and hopped on the treadmill. Not a particular gym habit, but funny none the less.
    LOL I like when they park up on the curb, not in a spot, right by the door...

What about the thousands of People you've never seen before who flock to the gym in January which 90% are are gone by february
    sooo annoying!

2. Personal Trainers who Won't Spend Money on their Business
    -Trainers will spend close to $1k on certifications, even $50k on college and then won't spend a few hundred $$$ for a website, advertising or even moving to a better area. They want it to be a full time career and yet they end up making themselves look like complete amateurs in a job that usually has tons of competition.

To all the up-and-coming trainers out there.... You have to spend money to make money, Plain and Simple, not saying you CAN'T make money w/out spending money but its 100x harder and requires more luck and knowledge than someone likely has.
    ug I wish I had known this before doing it!

Originally Posted by billy View Post
    I don't understand why some female clients think that the freeweight room is only for men.
    Originally Posted by .Zaher. View Post
    i dont understand why some men seem to think that either
    Originally Posted by billy View Post
    I agree but I also don't understand why some women let that dictate the way they perceive the freeweight room.
    ^^To this...it's annoying to have men come up and 'assist' you when you've seen them staring at your ass the whole time...or they look at you like you're crazy for doing the weight you are! They can be creepers! And rude!

Mine:

~I'm all for correcting/offering advice but can you please ASK me if I want it? I hhaaaaaate being told, "You should be doing this this way yadda yadda" when what I'm doing isn't wrong or harmful...like I was doing assisted pull-ups but more as a reverse pull-down so I could work on my cobra, not necessarily doing a real pull-up, and I was interrupted to be told how to do it right. I understand your intentions, but please, I didn't ask for your help, leave me alone.

~The runner who's skinny but has flab bouncing all over the place because she's never touched a weight in her life. Can we say obviously skinny-fat?
    The vision of a champion is someone drenched in sweat, bent over from exhaustion, when no one else is watching. ~Anson Dorrance

Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000) Mr.ILL is just really nice. (+1000)
    People who base their ENTIRE workout out at the squat rack.

For example:

Deadlifts
    Barbell Squats
    Overhead Press
    Calf Raises at the squat rack
    Shrugs at the squat rack
    T-Rows at the squat rack

and of course, what workout is complete without some killer bicep curls...where? you guessed it! at the squat rack...
    That all seems pretty reasonable besides the curls... Unless your gym only has 1 or 2 power racks and someone else needs to squat.

RunJoelRun is a name known to all. (+5000) RunJoelRun is a name known to all. (+5000) RunJoelRun is a name known to all. (+5000) RunJoelRun is a name known to all. (+5000) RunJoelRun is a name known to all. (+5000) RunJoelRun is a name known to all. (+5000) RunJoelRun is a name known to all. (+5000) RunJoelRun is a name known to all. (+5000) RunJoelRun is a name known to all. (+5000) RunJoelRun is a name known to all. (+5000) RunJoelRun is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I think my biggest annoyance would have to be PDF's or (Public displays of Affection) in the gym. There was this couple there for maybe thirty minutes in the weights room and after the boy completed a set they would make out for like thirty seconds.

She was actually pretty decent so I wasn't complaining, but it's like "Hey guy, share it around" haha.

I just find it hard to get motivated when I've got two people swapping saliva in front of me.
    Negs Ever Given: 9.

People expect excuses. John_Ford's Avatar
    John_Ford will become famous soon enough. (+50) John_Ford will become famous soon enough. (+50) John_Ford will become famous soon enough. (+50) John_Ford will become famous soon enough. (+50) John_Ford will become famous soon enough. (+50) John_Ford will become famous soon enough. (+50) John_Ford will become famous soon enough. (+50) John_Ford will become famous soon enough. (+50) John_Ford will become famous soon enough. (+50) John_Ford will become famous soon enough. (+50) John_Ford will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by BSCSCS View Post

I honestly cant understand distance runners. I mean goddam, how good can running 26 miles really be for you???
    How about the Western States 100 or 136 miles through Death Valley?

Running any distance is fine as long as you practice good form.

Just like in bodybuilding, bad form = eventual injury.

Read Ultramarathon Man.
    Last edited by John_Ford; 01-29-2010 at 07:10 AM. Reason: correct spelling

Client that think they Know More than their trainer and even more than Known Science

I swear some of those clients come in w/ that know-it-all attitude... in a science class when their teacher wrote E=MC^2 on the chalkboard I swear they probably walked up and tried to erase it

Truly odd, I don't think anyone would go to a piano lesson and tell the maestro how to do his job??? But so many people come in w/ a trainer and do it..

Client that think they Know More than their trainer and even more than Known Science

I swear some of those clients come in w/ that know-it-all attitude... in a science class when their teacher wrote E=MC^2 on the chalkboard I swear they probably walked up and tried to erase it

Truly odd, I don't think anyone would go to a piano lesson and tell the maestro how to do his job??? But so many people come in w/ a trainer and do it..
    I've had one client like that god he was annoying. He'd literally gave me advice on how to be a trainer. When we started he was all I need a trainer 5 days a week for 3 months. He lasted 4 sessions and was late to all of them. I'd give him some weights to lift hed drop them and say give me some real weight, then the next day he'd be in some serious pain lol... He also bragged about how much he could lift back when he was young including squatting 475lbs he couldn't even do body weight squats right and claimed he could curl 105lbs for reps. I'm so glad he gave up I was about to drop him even tough he paid me lots of money.

LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Mr.ILL View Post
    I've had one client like that god he was annoying. He'd literally gave me advice on how to be a trainer. When we started he was all I need a trainer 5 days a week for 3 months. He lasted 4 sessions and was late to all of them. I'd give him some weights to lift hed drop them and say give me some real weight, then the next day he'd be in some serious pain lol... He also bragged about how much he could lift back when he was young including squatting 475lbs he couldn't even do body weight squats right and claimed he could curl 105lbs for reps. I'm so glad he gave up I was about to drop him even tough he paid me lots of money.
    what would you do in this situation? Someone pays for months of training in advance and then backs out after 4 sessions....refund the remaining money or take a % out, or just keep it?

Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr_Kinney will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by LiftHeavy85 View Post
    what would you do in this situation? Someone pays for months of training in advance and then backs out after 4 sessions....refund the remaining money or take a % out, or just keep it?
    That depends on how they go about "backing out".

If they continually do a no call no show for their appointed times I think it's fine to keep the money.

If they do call in more than 24 hours before their appointments (as per cancelation policy) three times in a row or more I usually call them in and ask if they're really in it or if I need to refund their package or give it to one of my other trainers. This usually feels harsh to them emotionally but it will often let them know just how important consistancy is and that when they do cancel it hurts not only their progress but also my schedule.

If they do a few sessions and we meet up and they tell me that they won't be able to continue to the end of the contract I ask their reasons go over them in detail and if they still want to cancel the contract I'm more than willing to refund the remainder of their money. In some cases I'll give a followup call a few months down the road just to check on their progress or lack there of and let them know that if they wish to resume their contract ether me or my other trainers are here to help.
    NASM CPT
    ISSA CFT

I do it because I can
    I can because I want to
    I want to because you say I can't

Foodofthegods has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ahhhh...rants. My specialty.
    -the person who stares at you and acts like your an ******* cause you are on a machine that they wanna get on. Dude....ask to work in with me or something?? Be cool about it. You know what I like to do about that?? That 30 second rest interval just turned into a 3 minute rest interval. Hey why don't i just do 4 sets instead of two????!!!
    -The trainer who has they're clients perform exercises that are WAAAYY to advanced for them. Hey,you weigh 300 lbs,why don't i make you do 20 jump squats with a medicine ball and then have you do 20 single leg squats!!! Or doing ''circus exercises''. ''Alright,now let's see if you can stand an a swiss ball,do a one arm dumbell shoulder press while doing a dumbell bicep curl all while squatting simultaneously''
    -the guy who goes up to the biggest guy in the gym,who is clearly on steroids,and asks him what he's doing as far as nutrition and exercise goes. Like he's doing some revolutionary exercise routine that nobody knows about.good job buddy!!!! Idiot.
    -old skool guys who use weight belts for EVERY exercise,behind the back pulldowns,doing contraindicated exercises(upright rows,going past 90 degrees,ect....
    -guys who bench with they're feet on the bench. ''Dude....but i'm workin my core!!!''...then do a friggin crunch or something!!!!