Closed Thread
Page 135 of 272 FirstFirst ... 35 85 125 133 134 135 136 137 145 185 235 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,050 of 8136
    Registered User moonshinebabe33's Avatar
    moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ste247 View Post
    i wouldnt waste my money on bcaa's if you buy a good quality protien they will have all the bcaa's you need in it, also eggs have a full amino acid profile......save your money dudes and by some more food......
    not hijacking but.........James L told me to take BCAAs on top of good quality protein, plus omega eggs etc.
    Euphoria is a heightened feeling of happiness :-)

soilentgreen is on a distinguished road. (+10) soilentgreen is on a distinguished road. (+10) soilentgreen is on a distinguished road. (+10) soilentgreen is on a distinguished road. (+10) soilentgreen is on a distinguished road. (+10) soilentgreen is on a distinguished road. (+10) soilentgreen is on a distinguished road. (+10) soilentgreen is on a distinguished road. (+10) soilentgreen is on a distinguished road. (+10) soilentgreen is on a distinguished road. (+10) soilentgreen is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by heatherlynn View Post
    I have to say my cheat meal wasn't as good as I expected and I am not looking forward to the next, I am looking forward to not feeling sick and getting back on my diet. Haha. I could only eat like a bowl of ice cream and 4 pieces of pizza and I feel like throwing up. feelsbadman.jpg
    my first cheat was something like that and i felt like ass after. my second cheat i went with a 50/50 of good carbs and trash carbs i.e.

-cranberries, blackberries, blueberries, 4 scoops of sugar, milk, with ice and whey in the blender
    -two deluxe bacon cheeseburgers with fries
    -4 oreo cookies
    - 1 apple

i felt much better after this cheat than i did after my first one. also did better in the gym as well. i've been progressing to a trashier cheat every sunday. i think for me personally i started off too extreme. especially since im not a trashy eater even when not on this diet.

Originally Posted by moonshinebabe33 View Post
    not hijacking but.........James L told me to take BCAAs on top of good quality protein, plus omega eggs etc.
    no point in raising this arguement back to the surface. you get enough bcaas with the diet and a good quality whey. it's a proven fact. if you still feel that you need even more bcaa's to make yourself feel better or for the confidence of knowing you've exceeded your limit then by all means go ahead and take something else on top of it.
    "Trying to get wealthy in ways that don't count at the bank"

keto dieter looking for 9% body fat

soilentgreen is on a distinguished road. (+10) soilentgreen is on a distinguished road. (+10) soilentgreen is on a distinguished road. (+10) soilentgreen is on a distinguished road. (+10) soilentgreen is on a distinguished road. (+10) soilentgreen is on a distinguished road. (+10) soilentgreen is on a distinguished road. (+10) soilentgreen is on a distinguished road. (+10) soilentgreen is on a distinguished road. (+10) soilentgreen is on a distinguished road. (+10) soilentgreen is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by albert88 View Post
    Do the eggs and meats call to be cooked with oil? Or do you just boil the eggs and cook the meats with dry heat (eg indoor grill)?
    cook the eggs. i scramble mine with a tsp of water for every egg in the bowl. comes out like mcdonalds eggs. tip-milk makes eggs runny.

cook the meat however you want. i bake, use the stove, and even the crockpot sometimes. just add the oil after. i use pam on the pan and just add my tbsp of EVOO after everything is cooked. greasing the pan with oil does not count towards your daily fat intake. remember that.

don't forget to weigh your food after it's cooked also.

Originally Posted by bignol1055 View Post
    check out my yesterday and let me know what you think. I went with the beef patties for my last meal. i was craving that red meat.
    Total fat Sat. Fat Carbs Protein Calories
    Eggs 20 6 0 28 280
    Lqd Egg WHT 0 0 0 10 0
    Whey protien 2.25 1 3.5 26 135
    Natural PB 8 1.5 3 4 100
    Grlld Chckn 5 1 0 46 220
    Cashews 31.6 6.2 22.2 10.4 390
    whey protien 2.25 1 3.5 26 135
    Natural PB 8 1.5 3 4 100
    Burger Patty 36 14 0 54 556
    Salad 5 1 0 2 93

total 118.1 33.2 35.2 210.4 2009

I'm currently about 260lbs btw. let me know what you think.
    you can also try almond butter if you arent a fan of peanut butter. don't know why but i like almond butter better. somehow has a cleaner taste to it. looks good man. good luck

nothing but a peppercorn Rambo26's Avatar
    Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by NobigDeal90 View Post
    has any one else used the EC stack while on the dave p diet? or will the caffine knock you out of ketosis? im on day 9 of the ec stack gonna check if im still in keto..

from what i no all you need to do is watch your potassium intake. usely have hlf an avacado a day, + the diet listed on page 1..

so im having 600mg caffine a day starting tomorrow.
    Palumbo is not a fan of stimulant fat burners, but I don't think it will harm ketosis

his view was that they help fat burning for sure, but have catabolic properties that counter the positive effects

You should still have good results with the EC stack imo

Originally Posted by albert88 View Post
    Do the eggs and meats call to be cooked with oil? Or do you just boil the eggs and cook the meats with dry heat (eg indoor grill)?
    Oil isn't needed if you ask me, but some Macadmia nut oil is fine, I sometimes use 1 cal spray
    All posts should be considered in the correct context, especially those in the Misc section.

apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Animal cuts should contain anti catabolic compounds so they should be good on this diet , any one tried them with good results on this diet ?
    drinu

brintnel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what are peoples' thoughts on bbq-ing their meat?

OtisBDriftwood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OtisBDriftwood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OtisBDriftwood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OtisBDriftwood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OtisBDriftwood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OtisBDriftwood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OtisBDriftwood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OtisBDriftwood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OtisBDriftwood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OtisBDriftwood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OtisBDriftwood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by brintnel View Post
    If it's 0 carbs

ads81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ads81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ads81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ads81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ads81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ads81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ads81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ads81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ads81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ads81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ads81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Im 11 days into the DP diet now and feeling alot better than i did the first 3 days. All is going well with no slip ups. Strength is maintained though i have lowered my training volume a little but still working with a 4on 1off split.

My starting Bodyweight was 277lbs.
    Tonight 11 days into the diet im at 261lbs.

Something to note is that i have not done any cardio as of yet just 60-90 mins of intense weights a day.

Originally Posted by apace View Post
    Animal cuts should contain anti catabolic compounds so they should be good on this diet , any one tried them with good results on this diet ?
    a few people have tried animal cuts with very good results. I plan to start using it in july when I expect to be towards the bottom leg of my diet. 3 weeks on, one week off with that stuff if i remember correctly. just make sure you take what comes with it and some vitamin c on top for added measure.

Originally Posted by brintnel View Post
    if you mean grilling meat then it's fine. you can't use bbq sauce on your meat i believe. im pretty sure i remember it having too many carbs in it and you don't want to take in any direct carbs.

third day into adjusting my diet for my new weight and i can definitely tell i feel/look better. adding the cardio in has made me feel lighter outside of the gym.

one thing for sure, when i do finally get rid of this waist fat im not gonna be looking to put it back on. it takes too damn long to get rid of.

hes179 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hes179 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hes179 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hes179 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hes179 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by soilentgreen View Post
    third day into adjusting my diet for my new weight and i can definitely tell i feel/look better. adding the cardio in has made me feel lighter outside of the gym.

one thing for sure, when i do finally get rid of this waist fat im not gonna be looking to put it back on. it takes too damn long to get rid of.
    i wish keeping it off were so easy. i put back on a few during my break from the diet but i didn't eat too clean either. at least now i know to keep carbs minimal going off the diet and reintroduce them a bit more slowly than i did. 8 weeks minus 3 days to go on this diet but i'm not dreading it at all. i felt better the first 8 weeks on the diet than i did the weeks i was off

bignol1055 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bignol1055 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bignol1055 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bignol1055 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bignol1055 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bignol1055 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How come the it suggest eating cashews when they are high in carbs?
    Start Day: 1/5

ricbig is a name known to all. (+5000) ricbig is a name known to all. (+5000) ricbig is a name known to all. (+5000) ricbig is a name known to all. (+5000) ricbig is a name known to all. (+5000) ricbig is a name known to all. (+5000) ricbig is a name known to all. (+5000) ricbig is a name known to all. (+5000) ricbig is a name known to all. (+5000) ricbig is a name known to all. (+5000) ricbig is a name known to all. (+5000)
    anyone have suggestions to brown rice i hate having to weight 30 minutes just t make it everyday any ideas
    boo hoo chacha is serious

UofACATS is just really nice. (+1000) UofACATS is just really nice. (+1000) UofACATS is just really nice. (+1000) UofACATS is just really nice. (+1000) UofACATS is just really nice. (+1000) UofACATS is just really nice. (+1000) UofACATS is just really nice. (+1000) UofACATS is just really nice. (+1000) UofACATS is just really nice. (+1000) UofACATS is just really nice. (+1000) UofACATS is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by bignol1055 View Post
    How come the it suggest eating cashews when they are high in carbs?

Remember to subtract the fiber from the carb content.

I don't eat cashews, just almonds. If you want cashews just eat a small enough portion to not exceed carb limits for that meal.

UofACATS is just really nice. (+1000) UofACATS is just really nice. (+1000) UofACATS is just really nice. (+1000) UofACATS is just really nice. (+1000) UofACATS is just really nice. (+1000) UofACATS is just really nice. (+1000) UofACATS is just really nice. (+1000) UofACATS is just really nice. (+1000) UofACATS is just really nice. (+1000) UofACATS is just really nice. (+1000) UofACATS is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by soilentgreen View Post
    Nice work bud. I adjust probably too often, but I want the diet to be as accurate as possible. It sounds like it's working well for you.

I'm starting regular cardio as well.

Bigman0053 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigman0053 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigman0053 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigman0053 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigman0053 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigman0053 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigman0053 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigman0053 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigman0053 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigman0053 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigman0053 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ricbig View Post
    anyone have suggestions to brown rice i hate having to weight 30 minutes just t make it everyday any ideas
    the best way to cook brown rice for this diet is to open the bag/box and pour it directly into the trash...lol

VolumeFreak is just really nice. (+1000) VolumeFreak is just really nice. (+1000) VolumeFreak is just really nice. (+1000) VolumeFreak is just really nice. (+1000) VolumeFreak is just really nice. (+1000) VolumeFreak is just really nice. (+1000) VolumeFreak is just really nice. (+1000) VolumeFreak is just really nice. (+1000) VolumeFreak is just really nice. (+1000) VolumeFreak is just really nice. (+1000) VolumeFreak is just really nice. (+1000)
    Question about the cheat meal im a dominate endomorph and kind of mesomorph should i eat less on the cheat meal i know it says 500 max but im not really sure
    Team Norton
    "You will not outwork me"

My Training log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=122423471

Dont worry so much about that. EAT RIGHT, gain a lot of muscle and strength which in turn will increase your metabolism so your body will need more calories as fuel. This will keep fat slowly burning. Just live the bodybuilding lifestyle ~ Rubicon

Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000) Rambo26 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by VolumeFreak View Post
    Question about the cheat meal im a dominate endomorph and kind of mesomorph should i eat less on the cheat meal i know it says 500 max but im not really sure
    I think a sizeable single meal will be fine, but remember the 500g figure is a really high max

Palumbo thinks 150g is generally a more suitable number for the average lighter person:

your cheat meal was the mc'd s meal, about how many grams of carbs was that? and whats the max recomended amount of carbs for the cheat meal on for the 200lb diet

DP: 150g is plenty.

http://www.rxmuscle.com/articles/qad...r-21-2009.html
    All posts should be considered in the correct context, especially those in the Misc section.

VolumeFreak is just really nice. (+1000) VolumeFreak is just really nice. (+1000) VolumeFreak is just really nice. (+1000) VolumeFreak is just really nice. (+1000) VolumeFreak is just really nice. (+1000) VolumeFreak is just really nice. (+1000) VolumeFreak is just really nice. (+1000) VolumeFreak is just really nice. (+1000) VolumeFreak is just really nice. (+1000) VolumeFreak is just really nice. (+1000) VolumeFreak is just really nice. (+1000)
    ahh ok thanks soo much is there room for any protein or fat in the cheat meal or just only straight carb sources?
    Team Norton

My Training log

Dont worry so much about that. EAT RIGHT, gain a lot of muscle and strength which in turn will increase your metabolism so your body will need more calories as fuel. This will keep fat slowly burning. Just live the bodybuilding lifestyle ~ Rubicon

ahh ok thanks soo much is there room for any protein or fat in the cheat meal or just only straight carb sources?
    Try to include all 3, but from whatever sources you want

did he have any limit on protein and fat?
    Team Norton

My Training log

did he have any limit on protein and fat?
    no set numbers

oh hmm ic thats weird so what should i do then..
    Team Norton

My Training log

Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by UofACATS View Post
    Remember to subtract the fiber from the carb content.

I don't eat cashews, just almonds. If you want cashews just eat a small enough portion to not exceed carb limits for that meal.
    I eat cashews and my weight still going down.

Bigman0053 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigman0053 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigman0053 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigman0053 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigman0053 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigman0053 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigman0053 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigman0053 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigman0053 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigman0053 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigman0053 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Jasonc06 View Post
    I eat cashews and my weight still going down.
    cashews are just way too delicious! almonds get boring so its easier to make sure i dont eat any extras. with cashews, i dont want to stop eating them

What do you guys do for cheat meals?
    Team Norton

My Training log

I did a full-body workout yesterday for the first time, and it was particularity nasty. I don't think I'll be doing that again while on this diet. I did 2 sets on everything, 12 to 15 reps first set, then until failure on the second. The gym was crowded, so I couldn't do squat first like I wanted to. I ended up doing

bench
    standing calves
    dip (tricep)
    deadlift
    squat
    bicep curl
    military press
    abs
    one hour low intensity cardio

I rested ~90 seconds between sets, and definitely had a high heart-rate and good sweat going. I tested my heart-rate when I first got on the treadmill and it was 135 still, which is higher than I target with cardio. Anyway, just my first full-body experience.

I got my 5lb Isoflex Chocolate today, and it's good I also got my r-ala which I'll try with my cheat.

Originally Posted by UofACATS View Post
    I did a full-body workout yesterday for the first time, and it was particularity nasty. I don't think I'll be doing that again while on this diet. I did 2 sets on everything, 12 to 15 reps first set, then until failure on the second. The gym was crowded, so I couldn't do squat first like I wanted to. I ended up doing

bench
    standing calves
    dip (tricep)
    deadlift
    squat
    bicep curl
    military press
    abs
    one hour low intensity cardio

I rested ~90 seconds between sets, and definitely had a high heart-rate and good sweat going. I tested my heart-rate when I first got on the treadmill and it was 135 still, which is higher than I target with cardio. Anyway, just my first full-body experience.

I got my 5lb Isoflex Chocolate today, and it's good I also got my r-ala which I'll try with my cheat.
    I hear you. I tried to do a 3 day split (3 days high reps, 3 days heavy) and after 3 days of light reps, i feel like crap in the gym. Im going to stick with doing a 3 day split but HEAVY.

Lightweight motha f...... albert88's Avatar
    albert88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) albert88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) albert88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) albert88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) albert88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) albert88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) albert88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) albert88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) albert88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) albert88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) albert88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Is it possible to lose fat as quickly by just cutting down all starchy carbs throughout the day until pre and post workout?

This diet, man, it's just not my thing...as much as I want to do it...it would cost me an arm and a leg
    2K+

Closed Thread
Page 135 of 272 FirstFirst ... 35 85 125 133 134 135 136 137 145 185 235 ... LastLast