Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29
    NorwegianGuy92 is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianGuy92 is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianGuy92 is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianGuy92 is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianGuy92 is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianGuy92 is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianGuy92 is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianGuy92 is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianGuy92 is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianGuy92 is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianGuy92 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Well that certainly does sound better

Good thing that your strength is climbing as well!
    Training log

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=132452573

*Official 288 Crew*

R.I.P Wesley Silveira aka Iron Addict. You are missed.

All done single ply at IPF meet:

Squat: 205 kg
    Bench: 122.5 kg
    Deadlift: 200 kg
    Total: 527.5 kg

BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000) BloodRaged is just really nice. (+1000)
    Pew Pew

Keep it real man keep at it
    Bloodrage's doing things my way!! (Log)...: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134435311

"I'm going to hit the gym so hard Today my shoulders and arms are
    going to be useless the following day, but that's ok because I'm using
    my legs that day." - BloodRaged (That's right my ego's like that)

Paintball26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Paintball26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Paintball26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Paintball26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Paintball26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Paintball26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Paintball26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Paintball26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Paintball26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Paintball26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Paintball26 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Insight View Post
    Just got back from the Jersey shore. I finished the 3 days at 1300 cals (although the last day I opted to eat 1500 cals and do 200 cals of cardio instead). Down at the shore I ate ad libitum but was also walking around a lot, so I dunno what my caloric balance was. The only day I really splurged was the 4th of July itself, when I drank way too many shots of way too many different types of liquor. It's no joke when I say that as of now, which is 11 PM the next day, I still feel hungover. Consequently, today I was so fried that I barely ate anything at all, except I tried to get some protein in.

For the next few days I will be PSMFing again and then flying out to Haiti to do some volunteer medical relief work. After I come back in I'm going to start brand a new log and get these last 10 lbs off.

Despite my not being 10% bodyfat yet, I still had a better physique than 90% of the people on the beach, which was a huge personal victory for me. At this same point last year I was 20+% bodyfat. Hell yeah.

New log coming up when I get back!

Looking forward to seeing the new log. Your log is one of the few that I've religiously followed since March.

in haiti, cut is paused Insight's Avatar
    Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Quick update: I'm in Miami, just came back from Haiti. I'm down here doing medical volunteer work. Looks like my coding skills are going to come in handy down there, and I'm going back to help set up an electronic medical records system for possibly the whole country.

So the diet and cut log is on hold for a while now - I'll be gone for the next 2 weeks at least, possibly as long as 6 weeks.

Thanks everyone for following my log so far. This is pretty f*cking exciting. I'll pick things up when I get back.

I will probably post here periodically just to talk about Haiti and what's going on - sh*t is unreal down there, I have so many stories to tell you guys.

Signing out,
    Insight

MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) MJFan1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Insight View Post
    Quick update: I'm in Miami, just came back from Haiti. I'm down here doing medical volunteer work. Looks like my coding skills are going to come in handy down there, and I'm going back to help set up an electronic medical records system for possibly the whole country.

So the diet and cut log is on hold for a while now - I'll be gone for the next 2 weeks at least, possibly as long as 6 weeks.

Thanks everyone for following my log so far. This is pretty f*cking exciting. I'll pick things up when I get back.

I will probably post here periodically just to talk about Haiti and what's going on - sh*t is unreal down there, I have so many stories to tell you guys.

Signing out,
    Insight
    Looking forward to hearing some stories. Good luck with everything.
    Bulking to 170 lbs.

June 2012: 112 lbs.
    March 2015: 150 lbs.

NorwegianGuy92 is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianGuy92 is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianGuy92 is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianGuy92 is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianGuy92 is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianGuy92 is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianGuy92 is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianGuy92 is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianGuy92 is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianGuy92 is just really nice. (+1000) NorwegianGuy92 is just really nice. (+1000)
    That's a great thing you're doing, admirable!
    Training log

*Official 288 Crew*

Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000) Insight is a name known to all. (+5000)

Whoooooooooooooooo!!!

Holla!

Just got back from a month and a half long travelling adventure in Haiti and Miami (the latter because I was supposed to go back to Haiti, but ended up working from Miami). The experience to Haiti was the most f*cked up thing I'd ever seen, but also one of the most amazing things in terms of the relief effort... I got to witness a prosthetics lab where an engineer was literally printing prosthetic limbs with a 3d printer next door. I went in and this 18 year old Haitian dude was sitting there with his leg amputated from right below the knee, just sitting and hoping that these rich American doctor dudes could help him out. We left and then saw him a half an hour later walking, for the first time presumably in months, on this prosthetic leg. Me and my buddy started cheering, and this guy did a little dance move and kind of pulled it off. It was still smoother than my white ass could have pulled off anyway. Holy ****.

I also got to take vitals at one point (I was trained), which brings me to the more important part, which is that I got to wear scrubs. And take people's pulses and stuff, while they looked at me as being a part of the force of people saving their lives. Which, in a small way, I was. I have never felt so amazing in my life.

The whole experience was so badass that after delving so far into biochem for the last few months, I realize that I may now really want to pursue medicine. Whereas most med students HATE biochem, you all probably know that I think it's the most fascinating sh*t ever. I started on bb.com delving into nutrition for fun, discovered Alan Aragon's ideas, and suddenly got sucked into this cycle of learning biochem and reading the literature that turned out to be neverending. And when you go to Haiti and see a constantly rotating team of trauma surgeons just going into the ER and bam bam bam saving lives every time they do something... that's f*cking inspiring.

For another story about what happened down there, check out my post on the misc here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...postcount=3331

Anyway, so I'm going back at the end of the month, meaning this is on hold for a bit. When I'm done, I'll start an "Insight's log 2.0." Thanks everyone for watching this log so far, it's been a blast.

Peace

Also, as for my physique right now - I went down to Miami and ate ad libitum for a while, figuring I'd get some rebound weight gain, and thus harnessing the resulting caloric excess as an opportunity to bulk. While I was in Miami before going to Haiti, I recovered all of my lost strength at the end of my cut within a few workouts, started making linear progress again, and my muscles filled out immediately. I PR'd everything except for deadlifts, where I was forced to use these sh*tty octagonal plates that made life miserable. I also didn't have a belt so didn't want to push it. I hit PR's on most things only by like 10 lbs or so of my previous PR's, but this was very welcome after months of 1600 cal stagnation.

When my muscles filled out, and as I started to bulk, I almost didn't recognize myself. This is the first time in my life I have truly felt good about my physique, or proud of what I have accomplished so far. I'm still hovering at around 15% or so, and I'm not 10%, but it's a personal milestone nonetheless.

After coming back from Haiti though, I had barely any time to lift, so I ended up gaining some fat too. My cut ended at 161, and I weighed in this morning at about 169. After the water drops I'l probably be at 166 or so, meaning I gained about 5 lbs. I'm going back to 1600 cals for the next few weeks, hopefully it'll have me losing 2 lbs a week. We'll see.

One last note for those using my log as a data point to see how "this calories thing" really works - I'm at about 1300 cals today, my first day of dieting after 2 months of eating at maintenance and bulking slightly, and I'm not hungry at all.

In comparison, at the end of my cut, 1600 cals had me feeling sh*tty and miserable, and if I didn't have a 3000 cal refeed once a week I would literally feel sick, lethargic. My sex drive was nonexistent and my lifts were plummeting. And then I stopped losing 1 lb/week even on that, so my options were to either cut the refeed (in which case I started to feel like I was going to die) or to go lower (which I couldn't do) or start adding cardio, which is what I ended up doing.

That's what happens after EIGHT MONTHS of dieting without a break for more than a week. The first six months up until about March were great, 1 lb a week loss at 2000 cals/day... beautiful. It was pretty much diminishing returns after that.

Be aware of that.

giving my body a reason DominationStation's Avatar
    DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Wow...just wow. Sounds like a great experience...how long are you staying this time around when you go back?
    Today I'll do what others won't, so tomorrow I can do what others can't.

Originally Posted by Domjo54 View Post
    Wow...just wow. Sounds like a great experience...how long are you staying this time around when you go back?
    2 weeks at least, not sure yet. I went there as a computer engineer working to help set up health infrastructure... although there's an IT staff down there, they're more skilled with network administration. I'm a programmer. And apparently I'm one of the first programmers to go down to this hospital yet.

So they need a lot of things they don't have... a warehouse inventory system, electronic medical records, a way for the hospitals to communicate with each other. Since this is a country that can offer no monetary incentive, nobody is down there working on it. So these basic things aren't getting done. And although electronic medical records are far from basic, due to the extreme influx of patients (and the fact that half of the people down there only speak English and the other half only speak Creole), it's quickly becoming a necessity.

I'm one of the only people that can actually help with these things due to my programming background, so my skills could really make a concrete difference down there and maybe even help save lives in a very tangible way. They were out of surgical meshes when I was down there, and it was really f*cking things up. If they'd had an inventory system and could communicate with other hospitals that might be overstocked with meshes (and understocked with gauze or something), this wouldn't have been a problem, and they wouldn't have had to compromise on surgeries. That sort of thing.

So they want me back again, perhaps until the end of the year. I'm not sure if I can take them up on that - I want to move to NYC in the winter and need to save up. But I'm going back for at least 2 weeks this time, and they offered me that if I am enjoying it and want to stay longer, that I can. Let's see what happens.

It's a great thing you're doing, you're definitely making a difference! Way to go, that's something to admire

Good luck with your training, tell me when the new log is up
    Training log

*Official 288 Crew*

Research Associate adoboandryce's Avatar
    adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    sounds like a great opportunity man. and i totally feel you on gaining an interest in healthcare. it's a great field and i hope to transition into it in the near future.
    Wilmar, aka adoboandryce
    San Diego, CA USA

-Blog: http://www.wilmarworksout.com
    -Fitocracy s/n: Wilmar

hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Good to have you back, Mikey Mike!