Need Help? Customer Support 1-866-236-8417
    aygung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aygung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aygung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aygung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aygung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aygung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aygung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aygung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aygung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aygung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aygung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

BCAA giving me itchy skin rashes!

hey all...

I am gonna cut it short

I'm seriously bulking atm and using lots of supps. nothing unnatural all food replacements and lots and lots of food... I'm 80 kgs (176 lbs) right now and gonna go on...
    didnt precisely calculated it but my daily protein intake is around 2.2 g x 1 kilo

I also bought bcaa (optimum nutrition) and was taking it between meals, not taking more than 2 capsules a day... I was having skin rashes for a week or so and sometimes they get killer itchy!!! so i stopped taking things daily to see what causes this. when I dont take bcaa, I am not itching and this is the 3rd day, they start to disappear... I took lots of aminos before (not bcaa though) never such a thing happened...
    I checked the expirity date of the pills and it's good...

I wont take the bcaa to see if they are gonna disappear or not... why this could be happening? or maybe even 2.2g protein x kilo is too much for my body???

I am giving my daily food chart also for your information

protein shake in the morning when I wake up,
    multivitamin + msm
    something high caloric with meat 30 mins later.

canned tuna fish with bread or grilled chicken
    every 2-3 hours (mostly tuna), a total of 3-4 meals like this in a day

red meat and something with it for dinner

l- glutamine (5g) , cottage cheese before bed.

add glutamine (5g) and creatine with ribose (3.75g creatine + 1.25 ribose)
    before and after workouts in workout days (4 days a week)

6' 195lbs 32" W 17.5" Gs HeismanWatch's Avatar
    HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) HeismanWatch will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Talking

Originally Posted by aygung View Post
    hey all...

I am gonna cut it short

I'm seriously bulking atm and using lots of supps. nothing unnatural all food replacements and lots and lots of food... I'm 80 kgs (176 lbs) right now and gonna go on...
    didnt precisely calculated it but my daily protein intake is around 2.2 g x 1 kilo

I also bought bcaa (optimum nutrition) and was taking it between meals, not taking more than 2 capsules a day... I was having skin rashes for a week or so and sometimes they get killer itchy!!! so i stopped taking things daily to see what causes this. when I dont take bcaa, I am not itching and this is the 3rd day, they start to disappear... I took lots of aminos before (not bcaa though) never such a thing happened...
    I checked the expirity date of the pills and it's good...

I wont take the bcaa to see if they are gonna disappear or not... why this could be happening? or maybe even 2.2g protein x kilo is too much for my body???

I am giving my daily food chart also for your information

protein shake in the morning when I wake up,
    multivitamin + msm
    something high caloric with meat 30 mins later.

canned tuna fish with bread or grilled chicken
    every 2-3 hours (mostly tuna), a total of 3-4 meals like this in a day

red meat and something with it for dinner

l- glutamine (5g) , cottage cheese before bed.

add glutamine (5g) and creatine with ribose (3.75g creatine + 1.25 ribose)
    before and after workouts in workout days (4 days a week)
    I thought your were going to cut it short! LOL!

That's is strange. Why not try another brand to see if it continues...
    Pre-W/O Weight Days = IntrAbolic
    Post-W/O Weight Days = Purple Intrain
    PWO Weight Days = 100% Whey Optimum
    Protein Drink Between Meals = Myofusion
    BCAA's Throughout the Day = Xtend
    PRE Cardio Days = Purple Wraath
    PWO Cardio Days = Xtend
    Multi-Vitamin = Source Naturals Life Force
    Flex = Animal Flex
    Cissus = Supplement Direct

aygung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aygung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aygung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aygung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aygung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aygung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aygung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aygung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aygung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aygung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aygung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    lol just the necessary info for making everthing clear
    and not getting questions like "oh did you check the expirity date?" blah..

Mo' Money Mo' Problems gibsonfan57's Avatar
    gibsonfan57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gibsonfan57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gibsonfan57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gibsonfan57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gibsonfan57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gibsonfan57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gibsonfan57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gibsonfan57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gibsonfan57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gibsonfan57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gibsonfan57 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    does your BCAA product contain niacin? Could possibly be niacin flush, though I doubt it.

nope no niacin..

protein powder is optimum nut. 100% whey and the bcaa is optimum nut. bcaa 1000 caps.

where there are rashes now were kinda getting itchy before it got red while I was heavily eating tuna fish and not even taking the protein powder or any supps at all. could it be related to that??
    I hear everywhere tuna is mercury loaded and is not recommended to be eaten more than 2 times a week (in my case I eat it like 2 cans at least a day)

bcaa makes them itch like crazy and keeps them on as I noticed...

casvg5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) casvg5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) casvg5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) casvg5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) casvg5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) casvg5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) casvg5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) casvg5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) casvg5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) casvg5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) casvg5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Why does your skin rash have to be caused by tuna, whey, or BCAA's?

There are other things in life that cause rashes. It is winter, some people get this type of thing in the winter.
    NASM Certified Personal Trainer

that is also an option

but I dont normally get rashes and they appeared after I started supplementation for bulking so I am thinking it is probably about something I take...

it's really not so important if they come and go, I am disciplined enough to hold myself and dont touch them. my only concern is if I am causing any damage to kidneys or any other organs...

a blood test would be inaccurate imho as I am taking so many supps (esp. creatine), it would already show numbers beyond normal ranges which is also normal for bodybuilders... I have to keep an eye on these symptoms to hear what my body tells me...

I have had mild rashes several from creatine overdose way before and discontinued use after that... they were more like sensitivity around my armpits. these are different this time like spots on my arms. never had similar symptoms before so I'm asking here...

thanks for the replies so far and any more ideas would be much appreciated

ralph4u2c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ralph4u2c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ralph4u2c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ralph4u2c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ralph4u2c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ralph4u2c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ralph4u2c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ralph4u2c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ralph4u2c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ralph4u2c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ralph4u2c has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    any beta alanine in it? could be giving you a itchy, rash from that. i get the BA tingles sometimes but it is never this severe....just a thought.

my recommendation, when something has negative adverse effects on me that i do not like i stop taking the product and see if conditions get better. if they do, then i stay away from that product from now on. you may have an allergy to a filler or ingredient in the product itself to so check the "other ingredients" part as well. or allergic to something in your diet, change it up for a few days and see if it gets better.

you didnt go play in any poison oak or poison ivy lately eh? maybe you rubbed up against some and didnt even notice. also something to think about.
    Thermolife International | Driven by Excellence | When Quality Meets Innovation

"Friends come and go but 200lb will always be 200lb." - Henry Rollins

mystery is solved
    it's an allergic reaction to the strawberry flavor in my whey!!
    I was suspecting this but wasnt really giving much priority to that...

I used the chocolate flavor of the same whey before (optimum %100 whey) and didnt have these. I was stopping to take one of the things I take everyday for a few days to see if it will get better. when I stopped drinking whey it stopped.. (the itchiness is gone)

so now the problem is, I still have 2 kilos of it unused...

since it's allergy I am hoping it's not really a serious side effect and I can continue using it until I finish it ?? right? please someone say yes! lol

tag_monaco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by casvg5 View Post
    Why does your skin rash have to be caused by tuna, whey, or BCAA's?

There are other things in life that cause rashes. It is winter, some people get this type of thing in the winter.
    hey my skin suddenly got allergic rash after i went to a very cold place in China, after i came back, i develop some kind of rash, which comes on n off now n then.. now mostly i have it everyday.. sigh.. i dunno if it will ever go away....

it seems like the cold has activated the allergy in me..

how do i solve this problem? can i make it go away?

DaLyteMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Dude same skin irritation happened to me! It happened the 1st time and I thought it wasn't a big deal... well it continued for a while. Especially after cardio and I was sweating it out. I was so miserable with the itchiness That I gave up and returned it to the store. Oh well...

mj3112 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Same! I'm taking Musclepharm BCAA and I'm always itchy it just started when I began taking them. I'm itching as I type this -_- glad I wasn't the only one

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mj3112 View Post
    Same! I'm taking Musclepharm BCAA and I'm always itchy it just started when I began taking them. I'm itching as I type this -_- glad I wasn't the only one
    why does this keep getting bumped?
    its not from the BCAA product, do you get a skin rash when you eat food?
    MAN Sports Rep
    Disclaimer: The statement above reflects that of my own opinion and in no way that of MAN Sports. Our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1500 pound club

AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Come to think of it... I had BCAAs the other day. And I just had to scratch my head.

brb dumping BCAAs down the drain
    • Myokem Lead Representative •

facebook.com/myokempage
    twitter.com/myokem_supps
    instagram.com/myokem/

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/myokem.html

brettA26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    An allergic reaction, is the body rejecting something that does not agree with it at a BASE level! it is not safe or advisable to consume something that your body rejects. The stress alone that it will put on your body, could in fact reverse it's recovery ability from your intense workouts, making your development slower....
    food for thought!