Quanneh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quanneh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Offseason football log (rippetoes)

About me:
    Yerr, I've never done this . But it seems like a good way to keep track of my progress. Soo...

I've never been strong. I've been fat for a while. 9th grade I decided to join my football team. I did terrible, but it gave me my reason for working out. The next year I managed to bring my bring my bench to a 185 1RM . And i thought I was ready for 10th grade. But I wasn't at all, because I'm weak sht. Now the season is over, and I realize I'm just fat and weak, which isn't going to work for me. So I devised a Plaaaaaaaaaaaaaan .
    Goals:
    My goals are pretty strange, and probably something most people would advise against...
    Basically I want to gain a lot of strength by June 1st, then Cut until Late August when the season starts. This is for sports (I can afford to lose some weight since I am pretty much a lot of fat), and confidence. if this is a bad idea someone should tell me, because I am pretty new, and so far I haven't heard any thing against it.
    I am a fighter as well . I train 3 times a week (starting again in January), but I don't plan to compete until after I graduate high school
    Start(12/5/09)/Current/Goal (August 20th)
    weight-230/230/200
    Bench-155x5x3/155x5x3/225x5x3(possible?)
    Squat-225x5x3/225x5x3/315x5x3(possible?
    Deadlift-225x5x3/225x5x3/405x5x3(The reason its different from squat is i believe the only reason its low is because of form issues)

Diet:
    My diet is pretty much 1xBW protein, around the same amount of carbs, and about 3100 calories on lifting days, 4000 on fighting days . I choose my numbers because when I was dropping weight before, I did a good job loosing 2/LB a week at 1800 cals a day .

Edit: I realize very much that I'm still a noob and probably have many errors in my plan, so any help would be appreciated.

UNOMav is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) UNOMav is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) UNOMav is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) UNOMav is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) UNOMav is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) UNOMav is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) UNOMav is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) UNOMav is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) UNOMav is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) UNOMav is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) UNOMav is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    If your not going to fight until after high school and your only a sophomore, why not join your school's wrestling team and train for fighting after wrestling is done. I had to work to squat my max, but then I go to squat for the first time in over a month and I was able to do it effortlessly after only a week of wrestling.

Just a thought, may not be whats best for you, but it's something you might want to look into. Good Luck

Quanneh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Quanneh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by UNOMav View Post
    If your not going to fight until after high school and your only a sophomore, why not join your school's wrestling team and train for fighting after wrestling is done. I had to work to squat my max, but then I go to squat for the first time in over a month and I was able to do it effortlessly after only a week of wrestling.

Just a thought, may not be whats best for you, but it's something you might want to look into. Good Luck
    Thanks for your response,
    I actually did look into wrestling. But my school doesn't have a wrestling team, and my school doesn't do Co-op or whatever its called (where people from other school's join your team, and your students can join other teams). So I am pretty much screwed when it comes to wrestling in high school.

Lifts 12/8/09

Lifts-

12/8/09

Squat: I know I am having squat form problems that need to be fixed. I don't think I'm going parallel is one. I realized this late though (looking at a video of my 3rd work set).

45x5x1
    135x5x1
    155x5x1
    205x5x1
    225x5x3

Bench: Bench is also in the process of being form corrected. I always used to bench, but I never thought I was benching wrong until now. Problems include not putting the bar low enough.

Bench-
    45x5x1
    135x5x1
    145x5x1
    155x5x3

Deadlift: Deadlift form seems to be much better after getting help from someone I worked out with all last year. still not good enough though.

135x5x1
    185x5x1
    235x5x1

Nutrition 12/8/09

Breakfast:
    4 eggs
    2 slices wheat bread

Lunch:
    4 slices of wheat bread
    2 servings of over roasted turkey
    2 slices of cheese

Pre-work out-
    Gatorade

Post work out-
    2 servings of EAS whey protein
    2 cups of milk

Totals- Fat/37G Carbs/149G Protein/120G CALS- 1383

I find it hard to get enough calories if i want 3100. Even if I do eat a huge dinner, i don't think I would be consuming 1800 calories in one sitting.

Update:
    Decided to drop down on my squat weight. mainly because I realize that my poor form is probably caused because I'm lifting too much weight. The reason it was probably so high is because I wanted to start as high as possible to make sure I met my goal of 315lb working set.

But I figured dropping 20LB from my squat to get better form and help prevent injury and hopefully in the end get me stronger is worth it.
    So Thursday I will do my working set at 205.

Plus . If i want to have 315 by the start of June (even though it says August, the full goal is to reach these goals by June 1st, and Maintain until August), raising my squat 110 in approximately 24 weeks shouldn't be hard.