bluemango has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Not happy with my abs. :(

Looking at my abs the past couple of days, I'm irritated that I've been working on them for 3+ months, & they're still not defined. I don't know if they're not visible because I have too much fat over them, or if they're just not very big yet?

Can anyone tell/be able to offer their advice from looking at my picture? My height is 5'6, my weight 109, but I don't know my body fat percentage. My guess was 15%, but it might be more like 20%, I don't know for sure.

SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by bluemango View Post
    Looking at my abs the past couple of days, I'm irritated that I've been working on them for 3+ months, & they're still not defined. I don't know if they're not visible because I have too much fat over them, or if they're just not very big yet?

Can anyone tell/be able to offer their advice from looking at my picture? My height is 5'6, my weight 109, but I don't know my body fat percentage. My guess was 15%, but it might be more like 20%, I don't know for sure.
    You're probably closer to 20% bf. Also, at your height and weight, it doesn't seem you have much muscle. You need to train big while eating at maintenance or surplus and then cut. Your abs will surface more then.

OutWorkedByNo1 is a name known to all. (+5000) OutWorkedByNo1 is a name known to all. (+5000) OutWorkedByNo1 is a name known to all. (+5000) OutWorkedByNo1 is a name known to all. (+5000) OutWorkedByNo1 is a name known to all. (+5000) OutWorkedByNo1 is a name known to all. (+5000) OutWorkedByNo1 is a name known to all. (+5000) OutWorkedByNo1 is a name known to all. (+5000) OutWorkedByNo1 is a name known to all. (+5000) OutWorkedByNo1 is a name known to all. (+5000) OutWorkedByNo1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    time to start bulking, you dont have any muscle. thats why your bodyfat % is so high for such a low bodyweight.

Okay, thanks! That helps me a lot with figuring out how to proceed. Basically, I need to eat more & work out more?

OutWorkedByNo1 is a name known to all. (+5000) OutWorkedByNo1 is a name known to all. (+5000) OutWorkedByNo1 is a name known to all. (+5000) OutWorkedByNo1 is a name known to all. (+5000) OutWorkedByNo1 is a name known to all. (+5000) OutWorkedByNo1 is a name known to all. (+5000) OutWorkedByNo1 is a name known to all. (+5000) OutWorkedByNo1 is a name known to all. (+5000) OutWorkedByNo1 is a name known to all. (+5000) OutWorkedByNo1 is a name known to all. (+5000) OutWorkedByNo1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Okay, thanks! That helps me a lot with figuring out how to proceed. Basically, I need to eat more & work out more?

you need to go read the stickies ASAP.you need to count your macros,get in a surplus, have a lifting program that hit your muscle groups frequently(2-3x a week), and get stronger on all your lifts over time consistently. i suggest you go on youtube and see the videos of icecreamfitness,liftingforlife,& 3dmj for information.

Originally Posted by OutWorkedByNo1 View Post
    you need to go read the stickies ASAP.you need to count your macros,get in a surplus, have a lifting program that hit your muscle groups frequently(2-3x a week), and get stronger on all your lifts over time consistently. i suggest you go on youtube and see the videos of icecreamfitness,liftingforlife,& 3dmj for information.
    Will do, thanks.

Originally Posted by blindspot13 View Post
    Whenever I see one of these threads in this section on the forum list and I click it, it's always a new member and it feels like a troll 100% of the time everytime.
    lol same here

Whenever I see one of these threads in this section on the forum list and I click it, it's always a new member and it feels like a troll 100% of the time everytime.

Stay thirsty my friends.
    What would be the point of trolling a bodybuilding website? I've just finally gotten fed up with working out & not seeing any results. Basically, this is just confirming the suspicions I already had, but whatever, it was worth asking.

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    As others have stated, you lack muscle.

Eat in a surplus - enough to gain ~1/2 - 1 lb per month.
    Do go and read the stickies to figure out a baseline intake for your calories, as well as proper macros, although calories may still be some trial and error.

You need a solid lifting program. You need to be doing the compound lifts.
    What program are you currently running?
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."

flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Abs are no fohking joke, brah. EatBigLiftBig
    Follow my journey! -->
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152755803

Gwenhwyvar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gwenhwyvar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gwenhwyvar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gwenhwyvar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gwenhwyvar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gwenhwyvar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gwenhwyvar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gwenhwyvar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gwenhwyvar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gwenhwyvar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gwenhwyvar is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You definitely need to lose some body fat. Abs don't really get more defined by working out. Just look at all those gangling skinny guys who manage to have abs without working out.

tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Gwenhwyvar View Post
    You definitely need to lose some body fat. Abs don't really get more defined by working out. Just look at all those gangling skinny guys who manage to have abs without working out.
    Nope. She weighs 109. If they aren't visible now, they ain't coming out.
    She needs to eat at a surplus + lift heavy + train abs with weights.

heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Definitely not true. At her stats, fat loss should be the last thing on her mind. Abs won't show if the muscle isn't developed enough to show. I have abs when flexing and I weigh 106 lbs. I did not have even a hint of abs when I weighed 80 lbs, even though my body fat percentage was lower then. OP needs to work on developing the muscles first by eating in a surplus and getting on a good strength program.
    On a mini-cut, then onto maintenance mode for the summer.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Stay thirsty my friends.
    Why are you even in the female section in the first place? We have new female members joining the forums daily. Random guys coming in accusing them of being trolls when they ask normal questions is annoying as fuk.

GTFO and go play elsewhere.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

minthai is on a distinguished road. (+10) minthai is on a distinguished road. (+10) minthai is on a distinguished road. (+10) minthai is on a distinguished road. (+10) minthai is on a distinguished road. (+10) minthai is on a distinguished road. (+10) minthai is on a distinguished road. (+10) minthai is on a distinguished road. (+10) minthai is on a distinguished road. (+10) minthai is on a distinguished road. (+10) minthai is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You look really skinny OP, and you are super light. Put on some muscles girl! Lift some heavy weights and the muscles will come. If you build it they will come harhar

GreekyBeth has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreekyBeth has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreekyBeth has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreekyBeth has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreekyBeth has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreekyBeth has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreekyBeth has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreekyBeth has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreekyBeth has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreekyBeth has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreekyBeth has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by SultanaK View Post
    You're probably closer to 20% bf. Also, at your height and weight, it doesn't seem you have much muscle. You need to train big while eating at maintenance or surplus and then cut. Your abs will surface more then.
    Solid advice. Monitor food intake+train hard n heavy=nice results over a period of time.
    FSU "Go Noles!"

Walls8431 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Try to consult a gym instructor. For sure, your abs will be in shape.

Go1Above has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Go1Above has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Go1Above has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Go1Above has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Go1Above has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Go1Above has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Go1Above has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Go1Above has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Go1Above has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Go1Above has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Go1Above has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Pack on the muscles!! You're pretty skinny though.

rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by SultanaK View Post
    Originally Posted by OutWorkedByNo1 View Post
    Originally Posted by oregonchick76 View Post
    As others have stated, you lack muscle.

Eat in a surplus - enough to gain ~1/2 - 1 lb per month.
    Do go and read the stickies to figure out a baseline intake for your calories, as well as proper macros, although calories may still be some trial and error.

You need a solid lifting program. You need to be doing the compound lifts.
    What program are you currently running?
    There you have it OP. The stickies will help you a lot. Get your diet in check for a modest calorie surplus and slow weight gain, get on a good resistance training program and give it some time. Here's an example you could start with. I know three months feels like a long time when you're starting out, but it really isn't. Spend 6 months eating and getting stronger, then see where you're at.
    SQ 172.5kg. BP 105kg. DL 200kg. OHP 62.5kg @ 67.3kg

Greg Everett says: "You take someone who's totally sedentary and you can get 'em stronger by making them pick their nose vigorously for an hour a day."

Sometimes I write things about training: modernstrengthtraining.wordpress.com

rebeccadunn90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Really really important to eat clean. Eat low sodium, low sugar, high protein, lots of veggies, not too much fruit. If you are strict with this, you will absolutely notice a difference in your abs within a month.

rebeccadunn90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

It's different with guys. They are naturally more active and build muscle a lot more quickly. If she works them to a burn and eats clean, she'll be good to go. Nutrition and working them out are both just as important.

LadyIgnite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LadyIgnite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LadyIgnite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LadyIgnite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LadyIgnite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LadyIgnite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LadyIgnite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LadyIgnite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LadyIgnite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LadyIgnite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LadyIgnite is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have seen a few people write that weighted abs should be done. I was told never to do weighted abs because it makes you "boxy" and that the abs should be burned out with body weight only. What are people's thoughts on this?

heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by rebeccadunn90 View Post
    Really really important to eat clean. Eat low sodium, low sugar, high protein, lots of veggies, not too much fruit. If you are strict with this, you will absolutely notice a difference in your abs within a month.
    Absolutely not necessary unless you really enjoy eating that way.
    On a mini-cut, then onto maintenance mode for the summer.

AliMay is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AliMay is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AliMay is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AliMay is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AliMay is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AliMay is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AliMay is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AliMay is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AliMay is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AliMay is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AliMay is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by LadyIgnite View Post
    I have seen a few people write that weighted abs should be done. I was told never to do weighted abs because it makes you "boxy" and that the abs should be burned out with body weight only. What are people's thoughts on this?
    I have always heard the same thing. From personal experiance weighted abs just made my waist bigger but not necissarily more defined. I decided they were a no go and took them out of my plan.

And from what i've read, non-weighted ab excersises do a perfectly fine job of creating well defined muscles that are revealed only once you're body fat is reduced enough and weights just give you the same definition but "thicker."

That's my stance on this from the information I know. But I am curious to know if people have gotten good results from it. Maybe it's just a personal preference.

Care28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You need to bulk sister! I struggled with it...the idea of eating all this food and gaining weight didnt sit well with me, but I did it and trained and my abs are the best they have ever been! Rome wasnt built in a day, or months...so neither are abs. I work abs every day, minus my day off and stick to 2 cheat meals a week and have seen some progress. I am also 5'6 and I weigh 135, and wear a size 4, ya need to bulk up to gain muscles my dear!