FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Reached short term goal..now do I bulk/cut/keep doing the same thing?

I reached my goal of 17% BF but would like to keep lowering my body fat to 14%...and gain more lean mass in my legs and glutes.

I'm not sure how to take my body to the next level...bulk, keep cutting...or do what i've been doing slowly lower body fat while gaining muscle?

new heights of badassity summertown74's Avatar
    summertown74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) summertown74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) summertown74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) summertown74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) summertown74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) summertown74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) summertown74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) summertown74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) summertown74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) summertown74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) summertown74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I think it's a really personal decision. It depends on your goals...i.e., do you have a show you want to do? A pair of jeans you want to get into? Or just another step in your long term plan...? Personally, I really really want more muscle, even though I do want to lose some fat, so I'm focusing on building the muskels

I'm not a competitor, so I may be wrong on this, but I'd prefer to bulk first and cut later, so when you're cutting (and losing a bit of muscle) you have some mass underneath. Extra muscle, so to speak!

Good luck and awesome work on meeting your short term goal!
    wabi sabi...the art of finding beauty in the imperfections of life.

FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitWish will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Question

I was just hoping to lower my body fat to 14%...but still have mucle and have that toned look...I've never been past 17% in my adult like..so im just wondering how I bust through 17% BF to 14...

Just keep doing the same thing I have been? It's been working...prolly just need to cut out my weekly cheat meal?

Kimm? Amanda? Emma-Leigh...any one have suggestions?

I change my workouts every 2 weeks and my diet is way on track look at my profile page it's posted there...that exact diet helped me lower from 23% to 17% in 12-14 weeks...

happily married hottie! aznprincess's Avatar
    aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000)
    hey i just looked at your progress pics and i just want to say congratulations! you look great! i never would have thought you've had a child.

some points on your body, i think you've got great calves... and your legs look slim AND shapely ...thank god, not skinny fat. tiny waist and slim arms.

that said, i think you might have to bulk now. my feeling is that you don't have enough lean muscle mass...this was my problem when i started as well. you're thin now and not fat just thin.... which is definitely a good look and one celebrated out there.

however, if you want to look more muscled, you're going to have to build it.

obviously, this means that you're going to have to eat above maintenance and along with that will come some fat. BUT you're definitely NOT going to get fat.... you'll build some more of that shapely muscle if you bust your a** in the gym.

i just went on a bulk from August to right after thanksgiving for the first time and gained 20lbs... didn't start to get any fat until after thanksgiving, when i wasn't able to hit the weights and ate indiscriminately while drinking every night.

it was a crazy experience to eat half again as much as usual and not get fat. i'm sold on slow bulks even if this time i didn't gain much muscle, it was my first time and this next time i'll know better what to do. i'll probably also not waste the first 10lbs on just fat gains...

Originally Posted by aznprincess View Post
    hey i just looked at your progress pics and i just want to say congratulations! you look great! i never would have thought you've had a child.

some points on your body, i think you've got great calves... and your legs look slim AND shapely ...thank god, not skinny fat. tiny waist and slim arms.

that said, i think you might have to bulk now. my feeling is that you don't have enough lean muscle mass...this was my problem when i started as well. you're thin now and not fat just thin.... which is definitely a good look and one celebrated out there.

obviously, this means that you're going to have to eat above maintenance and along with that will come some fat. BUT you're definitely NOT going to get fat.... you'll build some more of that shapely muscle if you bust your a** in the gym.

i just went on a bulk from August to right after thanksgiving for the first time and gained 20lbs... didn't start to get any fat until after thanksgiving, when i wasn't able to hit the weights and ate indiscriminately while drinking every night.

it was a crazy experience to eat half again as much as usual and not get fat. i'm sold on slow bulks even if this time i didn't gain much muscle, it was my first time and this next time i'll know better what to do. i'll probably also not waste the first 10lbs on just fat gains...
    Aw..that's so sweet of you to compliment me. I feel big as is though...but yeah I've been wondering what to do next just tested today at 16.5% and it's the holiday season for heavens sakes..and im still dropping BF. I still feel like my inner thighs, abs, and butt have so much fat on them still...So should I just eat more protein and lift lower reps and lift heavy for a while? to get that lifted butt? Or still cut to lose more fat in the lower half?

Thanks for the suggestions...very nice of you to reply.

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'd take a break from dieting and go for a lean bulk for several months. Yes, lift heavy, lower reps, and eat more! Your body will respond better if you take a break and more muscle will help your lower body.

Excellent progress!!

Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    I'd take a break from dieting and go for a lean bulk for several months. Yes, lift heavy, lower reps, and eat more! Your body will respond better if you take a break and more muscle will help your lower body.

Excellent progress!!
    Thanks for you reply...i've been so unsure what to do next!

Originally Posted by aznprincess View Post

see right here...this is what you said. That's why im confused.