SilverCape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SilverCape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SilverCape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SilverCape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SilverCape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SilverCape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SilverCape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SilverCape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SilverCape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SilverCape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SilverCape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Healthy weight, eating lots, still no period.

Hi girls. So first off, I'm feeling really down about this at the moment and would really like your input.

So back when I was about 11-12, I got my first period and started seeing more signs of puberty. I was also a little bit overweight (145-150lbs), but not too much (We would label this as chubby I suppose).
    I decided to lose some weight and got down to about 135lbs, and my period still came on a monthly basis.
    Now in the summer of 2014, I lost too much weight and lost muscle along with fat (109lbs).
    Then I started lifting weights and eating more to gain muscle back and I am now 138-140lbs.

Did I go through early puberty and I'm not even supposed to have it yet?
    Do I need to gain more weight? More fat?

what are you ladies' thoughts?

theconformed is not very helpful. (-500) theconformed is not very helpful. (-500) theconformed is not very helpful. (-500) theconformed is not very helpful. (-500) theconformed is not very helpful. (-500) theconformed is not very helpful. (-500) theconformed is not very helpful. (-500) theconformed is not very helpful. (-500) theconformed is not very helpful. (-500) theconformed is not very helpful. (-500) theconformed is not very helpful. (-500)
    When you're young you may not necessarily get your period regularly. Before I went on birth control at the age of 16, I could go several months without any bleeding. You can ask if any of the other women in your family have had similar experience, it is very common though. It still may not be a bad idea to mention it to your doctor.

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well I had a friend who had her first period at nine, then it skipped a few years. Puberty can be weird like that, but it's important you talk about this with a doctor to make sure there's no other issues. It might be that given your age, and how low you got in weight it's taking a little time to regulate hormones properly again, or something like that. However it's not worth making assumptions on, you really should ask your doctor about it.
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs

SilverCape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SilverCape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SilverCape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SilverCape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SilverCape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SilverCape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SilverCape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SilverCape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SilverCape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SilverCape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SilverCape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by theconformed View Post
    When you're young you may not necessarily get your period regularly. Before I went on birth control at the age of 16, I could go several months without any bleeding. You can ask if any of the other women in your family have had similar experience, it is very common though. It still may not be a bad idea to mention it to your doctor.
    My mom did say she missed hers for a whole year at 14. I would like to ask my doctor, but my parents don't think there is anything wrong with me and won't let me get tests done or anything..

Originally Posted by LunaLifts View Post
    Well I had a friend who had her first period at nine, then it skipped a few years. Puberty can be weird like that, but it's important you talk about this with a doctor to make sure there's no other issues. It might be that given your age, and how low you got in weight it's taking a little time to regulate hormones properly again, or something like that. However it's not worth making assumptions on, you really should ask your doctor about it.
    Probably a bunch of contributing things. Like I said to another poster, my parents don't think its worth talking to a doctor about. They say I'm perfectly healthy. Should I just not worry about it?

Originally Posted by TeamBigB View Post
    The smart ass in me would ask if you are pregnant, but seriously... go talk to a doctor. Don't you have free health care up there in Canadia aye?
    If I was pregnant, by now my belly would be HUGE lol

Should I just not worry too much about it? I'm imagining by the time I'm 16, then there should be something to question

Babygirl95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Babygirl95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Babygirl95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Babygirl95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Babygirl95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Babygirl95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Babygirl95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Babygirl95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Babygirl95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Babygirl95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Babygirl95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You're 14... It's not abnormal it be irregular. I'm 20 and I'm still irregular I've always been since middle school but I don't have any health problems. Some people aren't regular naturally.
    Bulking & Lifting :)

cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You sound like a carbon-copy of me...but much younger!
    I got my period for the first time when I was 13/14...when I began working out and went from overweight to thin (lost 40 lb) and did it mainly through excessive cardio and undereating, that is when I first lost it. Before that, I was regular, like clockwork.
    Ever since, I've been screwed up. I went from 160 to 135, then 120, back up to 145ish, where I am now (after bulking). I'm hoping that if I stay at this weight for awhile I'll be able to get it back.

I've gotten all sorts of blood tests, and found that my estrogen levels are very low....I've gotten multiple blood tests done and this appears to be consistent, but has improved with my weight gain. Right now I'm trying to maintain my weight (or keep doing a slow bulk)...eating plenty, resting, and trying to keep stresses down to a minimum.

BUT you are so young. They say that it is normal for girls to be irregular about 1-2 years after they first get it. It is awesome that you're into fitness at your age (I'm jealous) but that additionally means to be super careful about not slipping into the dangerous trap that is exercising too much and eating too little. That is really what screwed me over in the first place and I'm obviously still paying for it.

I think that it is total BS that your parents won't let you get necessary blood work. Keep talking to your doctor...hopefully the doctor can talk some sense into them and allow you to get the necessary blood tests that are essential for figuring out what could be up.

leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    honestly, don't stress. if your defo not pregnant then its just normal hormones. if you go to your dr they'll probably just tell you its normal for girls your age and send you on your way. if it hasn't sorted in a year or so go see someone, but for now enjoy the freedom!

Registered User Fiction2Fitness's Avatar
    Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Here was my experience:

I was overweight/obese throughout pre-teen, teen and early adult years. My period has rarely been consistent, though recently things are doing much better. I do find when I'm eating better that it helps but one of my issues has been iron. I had tests done and the levels aren't low enough during the times they were done for doctors to worry. However, as a teen when I tried to donate blood I was declined because my iron levels were too low. Even in my 20's I would skip months (up to about 6) at random. I still take iron on occasion to help, but I'm pretty poor at taking vitamins on a regular basis, so luckily my nutrition changes have also seemed to help some in that department.

There are many potential factors (our hormones do weird changes over the years) but at this point, I agree that you don't need to worry. In future, if it's still an issue, you can bring it up during a regular exam and go from there with your general practitioner or obgyn.

dominorosae will become famous soon enough. (+50) dominorosae will become famous soon enough. (+50) dominorosae will become famous soon enough. (+50) dominorosae will become famous soon enough. (+50) dominorosae will become famous soon enough. (+50) dominorosae will become famous soon enough. (+50) dominorosae will become famous soon enough. (+50) dominorosae will become famous soon enough. (+50) dominorosae will become famous soon enough. (+50) dominorosae will become famous soon enough. (+50) dominorosae will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have the same problem... Sometimes the body needs extra time to adjust ? Maybe ?

I'm on the bc pill to get "fake periods" but when I stop : nothing...
    Instagram: @clemsuicide

dominorosae will become famous soon enough. (+50) dominorosae will become famous soon enough. (+50) dominorosae will become famous soon enough. (+50) dominorosae will become famous soon enough. (+50) dominorosae will become famous soon enough. (+50) dominorosae will become famous soon enough. (+50) dominorosae will become famous soon enough. (+50) dominorosae will become famous soon enough. (+50) dominorosae will become famous soon enough. (+50) dominorosae will become famous soon enough. (+50) dominorosae will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Oh ok I'm 27 so not the same issue here. Yes you still have the time you are young
    Instagram: @clemsuicide

wellnessvaness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wellnessvaness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wellnessvaness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wellnessvaness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wellnessvaness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wellnessvaness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wellnessvaness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wellnessvaness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wellnessvaness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wellnessvaness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wellnessvaness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's definitely normal to have an irregular menstrual period given your age. I don't think there seems to be any problem. But if it's associated already with pain or certain discomfort, it's best to go and get checked.

Thanks everyone for your input I've decided to not worry about it for now and look into it if it still hasn't returned after a while.

Registered User CanisChiroptera's Avatar
    CanisChiroptera has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Actually, you should worry - at least a little bit.

Lack of a period leads to build-up of the endometrial lining - if not shed regularly, it can increase your risk of uterine cancer. Yup, Cancer, with a capital C.

I was very similar to you. Got an eating disorder, lost my period for years, only realized something was wrong when my hair began coming out in chunks and my nails were splitting. That was when I was 16. Now I'm 22, haven't had a regular period since I was 12/13, and was recently diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS). It took YEARS of doctors hemming and hawing over my symptoms before I finally got an ultrasound of my ovaries and BAM! diagnosis, made! The ultrasound will tell you right away if you have PCOS or not - you'll see the (harmless) cysts as circular things on the ovaries, what they call a "string of pearls."

If you're diagnosed, then your next best option is to start taking birth control or getting a hormonal IUD to regulate your cycle, for several reasons.

Anyway, long story short: WORRY (but not too much).
    Zero to 26.2 in under a year - LA Marathon 2015: 4:42:01
    So running is over. Now it's time to get hot.

撃たれた鳥のような
    優雅さで雨に耐え
    (Like a beaten bird
    I endure the rain with grace)