flygirl24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up "the Hot Dorks" Journal aka Keto Log.

Without delay I decided to start my own thread. I need to keep track of everything some how. Plus, there's plenty of people on here that can help along the way if anything goes a stray...or not. I was doing very very well this summer. Went from 30% BF to 18%. Then I PCS'd. I gained about 8 lbs back. AH! Taking time off was a bad idea. So now I am roughly 25%...again. I am determined to get back down to 18% and lower by spring time. I have never done the CKD. I've done some reading and am extremely interested. What have I got to lose? I actually started this CKD on the night of 28 November. So it has been almost three days. I have not had really any side affects. I am keeping a food journal and mood journal. I will be posting my meals up later today that I have been eating. Here are my starting stats:

Starting weight: 170 lbs
    Height: 5'6
    LBM: 130 lbs
    BF%: 25

OK! There you go!
    Stay Strong Live Long

Meals

Here is what I ate yesterday. Calories/Protein/Carbs/Fat

M1: 1 tbs PB, 2 eggs, 1 egg white, 1 slice cheese. 314/21.5/5.5/21.5

M2: (post workout) 1 scoop whey, 1tsp sugar 145/24/9/1.5

M3: 2 oz. Roast beef, 1 oz. Mozzarella cheese, green peppers and chives sauteed together with 1 tbs blue cheese dressing. 275/22/2/19.5

M4: 1.5 oz. chicken breast, Alfredo Sauce: 1/4 Heavy Cream, 1oz. Mozzarella, .2 oz Parm Cheese, sauteed mushrooms and 1 oz. broccoli, 1 tbs olive oil. 401/23/3/34

M5: 1 oz. Steak, sauteed with mushroom, onions, and green peppers, topped with 2 oz. Cheese, 1/2 tbs olive oil. 323/20.5/2/25

M6: 2 oz. Steak over spinach leaves with 1 tbs olive oil and balsamic vinegar. 236/17/0/18

1673.5 Calories
    128g protein
    21.5g carbs
    119.5g fat

I am working on getting the fat intake a little bit higher. I haven't had any "Brain Fog" or headache feelings so far. I think I might be lucky! I have noticed my workouts seem a bit harder. I feel totally drained after working out. This is good though. I can tell my body is making the switch. I should be getting better at my workouts in a couple of days. I'm drinking a ton of water as usual.
    Stay Strong Live Long

Meals

Here is todays meals. I have to work at night so I plan accordingly. Calories/Protein/Carbs/Fat

M1: 2 eggs, 1 egg white, 1/2 tbs olive oil, 1tsp PB, and 1 slice cheese. 249/19/3/22

M2: (Post Workout) 1 Scoop Whey and 1 tsp sugar. 145/24/9/1.5

M3: Chicken Alfredo. 371/23/3/28

M4: 1.5 oz. Chicken breast with cucumbers and onions sauteed. 2 tbs Blue Cheese dressing, and 15 almonds. 254/4/5.5/25.5

M5: 1 can tuna, 2 tbs Mayo, chives and onions, and pork rines( I use the rines to dip into the tuna mixture). 370/23/3/29.5

M6: 1.5 oz. chicken, 1 oz. Mozzarella over a bed of spinach leaves with 1 tbs olive oil and balsamic vinegar. 301/19/1/23.5

1770 Calories
    125g Protein
    24.5 Carbs
    130g Fat

I ate a little bit better today. Made some chicken so I needed to use it up. A little goes a long way.
    Stay Strong Live Long

Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    both days were fine.. around 64%

dont worry about the sides.. Keep your diet in check and you have nothing to worry about....some people dont hit ketosis for 5-6 days.. took me 5 days to hit it, and i did cardio 4 days of that...
    THE KETO DIET-- www.bodybuildingdungeon.com/forums/nutrition/2156-ckd-cyclical.html

http://www.coconutoil.com/truth_saturated_fats.htm
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,584922,00.html

Smile

Here are the planned meals today.

M1: 3 egg scramble with mushrooms and onions, 1 slice cheese, 1/2 tbs olive oil and 1 tsp PB. 375/22/2/26.5

M2: (Post workout) 1 scp whey and 1 tsp sugar. 145/24/9/1.5

M3: 2 eggs with 2 slices cheese and 1 oz. broccli. 260/18/3/18

M4: 1.5 oz. Chx, 1 oz. Mozzarella, 2 tbs Blue Cheese over a spinach salad. 321/19/3/24.5

M5: 6.5 oz cottage cheese, 2 tbs Caesar Dressing over spinach leaves. 303/23/6/20

M6: Pork rines with 2 tbs PB: 250/10/7/21

M7: 1.5 oz. chx, cucumbers and onions with 1 tbs olive oil and balsamic. 201/13/0/15.5

1779 Calories
    129g Protein
    30g Carbs
    127g Fat

Felt really good during the workout today. Finished up Back/Bi's with 25 minutes cardio. Had the shake afterwards. About 45 minutes later I was soooooo hungry. So I added an additional meal. FYI...Cheese is so good!
    Stay Strong Live Long

Question

Originally Posted by Brianterz View Post
    both days were fine.. around 64%

dont worry about the sides.. Keep your diet in check and you have nothing to worry about....some people dont hit ketosis for 5-6 days.. took me 5 days to hit it, and i did cardio 4 days of that...

Does it always take you 5-6 days to hit ketosis? Or do you mean just that one time? How is your plan set up or how often do u carb up? Is it necessary to carb up "every week"? LOL...I know that's a few questions.
    Stay Strong Live Long

Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by flygirl24 View Post
    Does it always take you 5-6 days to hit ketosis? Or do you mean just that one time? How is your plan set up or how often do u carb up? Is it necessary to carb up "every week"? LOL...I know that's a few questions.
    No usually only takes me 1-2 days now.. I carb up every sunday... Only do 24 hours.. YOU DONT HAVE TO though.. SOme people carb up every two weeks..

Dont know how much you work out, but if you dont then carb ups are not needed. However if you lift heavy then carbups can be weekly.. Your body will tell you when its time. I know thats kinda vague but when your lifts get harder and your finding it hard to finish then its time to carb up
    THE KETO DIET-- www.bodybuildingdungeon.com/forums/nutrition/2156-ckd-cyclical.html

Originally Posted by Brianterz View Post
    No usually only takes me 1-2 days now.. I carb up every sunday... Only do 24 hours.. YOU DONT HAVE TO though.. SOme people carb up every two weeks..

Dont know how much you work out, but if you dont then carb ups are not needed. However if you lift heavy then carbups can be weekly.. Your body will tell you when its time. I know thats kinda vague but when your lifts get harder and your finding it hard to finish then its time to carb up
    Thank you for the advice. My workout routine is as follows:
    S:Rest
    M:Legs
    T:Chest/Back
    W:Shldrs/Bi's/Tri's
    T:Rest
    F:Legs
    S:Chest/Back
    S:Shldrs/Bi's/Tri's
    M:Rest
    ...Repeats like that. So pretty much 3 day cycle but with every Sunday off. I lift as heavy as I can go but stay in the rep range of 12-15. I'll do 4 weeks of something and then make the necessary changes as I see progress or what not. I do cardio 5 days out of the week post workout. Abs, 3 days a week. Rest days I may do morning cardio. All depend on how I feel. As long as I get in a good 2500-3000 calorie burn in cardio each week, I'm good to go.
    Stay Strong Live Long

Sounds good.. Thats a lot of cardio..5 days.. i usually do 3-4 days

Dont forget to wait the 14 days before your first carb up.. This gets your body used to being on ketones and makes it easier to convert back.. I do my carb up on sunday which is a rest day for me. Feel free to play with the carb day.. The longer you wait the more fat you will burn. However you can get stronger if you carb once a week.. Listen to your body and see what works for you

Day 5

Ok, I'll lighten up on the cardio to 3-4 days this week and next week. See how I feel. I was hungrier than every yesterday. About an hour after every meals my belly was growling at me. I just drank more water. I should probably fit in more fibrous carbs like greens n stuff. I weighed myself this morning, 169.5. When I started I was 170, then up to 171 and now 169.5. Water weight. Towards the end of the day yesterday I was pretty tired and racked out once I got home from work. I'm glad today is a rest day. I'm going to enjoy it.
    Stay Strong Live Long

I wasnt saying to cut back on cardio was just saying that was a lot.... If your lifting heavy and still doing all that cardio then go ahead nock it out..I just dont have that much energy or time to do so

MiaKaren has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MiaKaren has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MiaKaren has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MiaKaren has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MiaKaren has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MiaKaren has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MiaKaren has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hi flygirl.

good to see other girls here most girls i know have such a "fat-phobia" it's scary!

i would say if you enjoy all this cardio and don't think it affects your weighttraining negativ, keep it up! but iam with Brianterz, don't like cardio much and usually dont have the energy or just better things to do :-)

i know the feeling of beeing hungry on keto, i found out that the volume of my meals makes a big different, so more vibrous vegetables can usualy help. raw eggs and coconut oil is a other thing really fills me up, but thats probably not everbodys cup of tea...

but in the end hunger goes as longer as you are in keto, just take it day by day and meal by meal.

good luck!
    Mia

Originally Posted by MiaKaren View Post
    hi flygirl.

i would say if you enjoy all this cardio and don't think it affects your weighttraining negativ, keep it up! but iam with Brianterz, don't like cardio much and usually dont have the energy or just better things to do :-)

Mia
    I feel you on the cardio thing. I was doing more at one point in time which was crazy. I'm experimenting with the cardio right now. So we'll see
    Stay Strong Live Long

Day 6

I love Fitday. I've never used it before. I usually keep my own log. But this site is awesome! Now I can eliminate the notebook I carry with me all the time..yey! I feel good today. I snuck a weigh in this morning when I woke up. Still 170. I'm wondering if it is water weight. It must be. 8 more days until I can carb up so I still have some time. I'm eating 1800-1700 calories a day. I think that "may" be a little bit too much. I might just intensify my workouts a bit more next week if my weight doesn't go down this week.

Food today is good so far. I'm liking the turkey sausage. Good with Mozzarella. I'm also eating more greens because I am a bit stopped up.
    Stay Strong Live Long