rewlls87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cinder Block Workout

Let me know what you guys think of this (im a beginner and it was sent by a friend so dont be to harsh.)

What you need: (2) Concrete blocks with two holes. 39.4 lbs each. 1.59 @ Home Depot
    (1) 18 to 24 inch exercise ball

Suggestions: You can do these exercise in any order you like just be sure not to rest in between exercise for longer that a few seconds. The great part about the workout is that there are no levers, hooks, or plates to change you just change your positioning. I usually hit arms first because I like to feel pumped in the biceps during workouts.

ALWAYS start with the swinging block. Stand tall widen your base, and bring the block in between your legs. Then swing it above your head and then back in between your legs. Do this till exhaustion as this takes the place of your cardio. Trust me this gets the heart rate up better then running. Just be sure to control the block don?t let it control you.

Biceps- Place block standing up in front of you. Stick your arm into the top hole and curl as usual.

Biceps- Sit either on the block which would be standing tall on the floor, or your exercise ball. Keep knees at a 90-degree angle and alternate between wide grip and close grip curls. Vision yourself bringing a sandwich to your mouth for close grip. Vision yourself bringing a long slice of watermelon for wide grip. ***The ball works better because you are using your core to balance***

Triceps- Lay on your back and hold the block chest level wide grip. Slowly bring block down to your head with elbow forming 90-degree angle and back. *** After you have done this for a few days and feel more comfortable lay back on the ball***

Triceps- Same as above only close grip holding the inside part of the brick.

Squats- Hold block above your head wide grip, squat like norma.

Cinder Push-Ups- Do wide grip push-ups on the blocks

Cinder Overhead Lifts- Begin with block in between legs, bend down and lift block with both hands and lift over head.

One Arm Presses- Single arm military press

Squats/Core- Hold the block chest level arms slightly bent and squat. You should feel it in your abs and arms.

Abs- Lay on the ball and hold the block on your chest, do crunches keeping the block on your chest.

Abs- Lay on your back, flat on the floor. Hold the block straight up above your chest. Bring your toes to the middle of the block, and then repeat to the left side and the right side. So it is pretty much leg raises but again working the core and arms will be burning.

Abs- Same as above, but extend your legs at about 6 inches off the floor, do not let them hit the floor and bend them like bringing your knees to your stomach, extend them out, spread them slowly twice then drop them. Again holding the brick straight up above your chest, your arms will be burning.

Bent over Rows- What is a workout without shoulders. Place the blocks standing high a little wider than shoulder width. Bend over with back straight and head up. Grab both blocks at the same time and slowly row. Be sure to grab the block at the front of the block with your palm on the front top area and your fingers folder under.

bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by rewlls87 View Post
    Let me know what you guys think of this (im a beginner and it was sent by a friend so dont be to harsh.)

What you need: (2) Concrete blocks with two holes. 39.4 lbs each. 1.59 @ Home Depot
    (1) 18 to 24 inch exercise ball
    Nobody has gotten big with only 80 pounds of weight and an exercise ball.
    Qualifying for long drive contest with 328 yard drive
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKrGuFlqhaA

2017 Utah State Longest drive. This one went 328 and got me into finals
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx-_3HrZzI4

2017 Rockwell challenge. 325 yards
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeuB2rPMcBA

coreman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is funny. I stopped working out for about 6 years after college and then decided to get back to working out. I was not able to immediately join a gym so did what I called the "Jail Cell Workout" instead. It was with cinder blocks. I definitely got in shape and it was obvious to myself and others that I was working out. Would someone ever get massive from lifting two cinder blocks? Of course not. But depending on your current condition maybe you will be able to put some size on the smaller bodyparts if all other areas (diet, rest, etc.) are up to par.