Thread: Wrestling

olathe71 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) olathe71 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) olathe71 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Wrestling

My O-Line Coach is my school's wrestling coach and he asked me to join the team. I've lost 15lbs since the school year started and I have to get down to 275 to wrestle in meets. We have an intra-squad meet in 2 weeks and I need to be at atleast 280 by then. Since I was certified over 275 I have to go on a decent plan were I can only lose 1.7% of my body weight a week. So this will be a journal of my working to lose weight and how my season goes.

olathe71 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) olathe71 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) olathe71 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    At the end of this week of practice I am now 290 and due to my descent plan I can only be 285.1 next week for the Intra-Squad Meet, but my coach said he will still give me matches because I'll be low enough when actual competition starts.

I'm weighing 285.1 now and tomorrow is the big day. My very first wrestling meet, I have 2 matches and I have to win both to be the starting heavyweight. I'm so pumped for this but I'm also pretty nervous so I'll let you know how I do after the meet tomorrow.

I won both my matches one was 11-6 and I pinned the other kid in the 3rd period. So I will be the A team Heavyweight and I need to be withing 2 pounds of 275 for the first meet.

I'm weighing 280.2, I need to keep losing weight but It will be tough to stay on my diet this week I think, I have practice Mon-Wed this week. I'll try as hard as I can to stick to my diet and not eat cookies and candy.