Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    MustBeFit05 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    following on this thread. i've been suffering from back pains a lot.
    Last edited by MustBeFit05; 11-29-2017 at 07:07 AM. Reason: wrong spelling

craxkpathan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    GREAT POST REPS

I once use to have chronic back pain and strain for years. I got after hyper extending my back.

I went to physios, doctors.

SilvanaWilliams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the good info. I've been dealing with back pain for about a year now.

DrMarcPT is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Great, post!

Back pain is a complex topic and you covered important points.

Have you heard of the McKenzie Method?
    To your health,

Marc Robinson, PT, DPT, Cert. MDT
    Physical Therapist/Co-founder of Evercorelife.com

Have you looked into the McKenzie Method. You can search for physical therapists who can help you with this approach. The approach is supported by years of high quality research.

I've found that many patients who have chronic pain are able to get out of their pain.
    To your health,

Marc Robinson, PT, DPT, Cert. MDT
    Physical Therapist/Co-founder of Evercorelife.com

SilvanaWilliams has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was diagnosed with a slipped or herniated disck in my lower back. My back doesn't really hurt, but my right hip and leg do. Does anyone know of any specific exercises or stretches that can help ease the pain?

Also, my PT told me that my hamstring in the right leg had shortened due to the injury, so I had to work to lengthen and strengthen it. It seems to be taking forever, the injury was about 2 years ago.

surprisefart is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'd like to add that for me, a heating pad after stretching at night, helps me immensely with my back pain. I've been in pain ever since we used to do heavy power cleans in college, as the coach never let me learn how to do them before he started stacking plates on my ba.

Good post. I want to share my experience with chronic back pain in more detail. I'm actually a physical therapist and many times when a patient is seen for "chronic back pain" it not actually chronic meaning that you can find a directional preference. I'll explain this in a minute.

Of course, there are many cases of true chronic back pain, but in my experience, I recieved many diagnoses from doctors sending me referrals for "chronic back pain" when in fact, the pain was able to change very quickly by an accurate assessment.

I believe an active approach to managing back pain is the best which you pointed out. I have an online program which teaches an active approach like this.

I'm glad you are promoting this type of approach in addition to shedding light on the nature of pain. In true cases of chronic pain, there is an increase perception of pain by the brain. Like you said, there is more to pain than joints.

For example, research is showing that "adjustments" do not align anything in the spine. The pain relief is attributed to neurological and sensory input into the brain which can relief pain.

It's time we rethink pain.

arandazzo88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arandazzo88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arandazzo88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arandazzo88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arandazzo88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arandazzo88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arandazzo88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arandazzo88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arandazzo88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arandazzo88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arandazzo88 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Very informative thread.
    Had a harrowing experience, got a few suggestions here and there but i stuck with my exercises, chest flies, excellent for building muscles in the upper back and chest.
    15 times, three times a week that did the trick for me.

Jpeterson11 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Solution for back pain

Originally Posted by Scouse_Jules View Post
    Hello all

I have read the posts with interest but dont seem to be able to find any ref to my back pain

my back pain comes only after having laid, on my back, on a flat surface (the floor or weight bench) the pain is not made worse for lifting, just the laying is enough

the pain isnt present when laying down, but comes when I need to get up again.

The muscles affected seem to be the lower back/lats (but the pain is around 4 inches up from my lowers back ... where back meets butt, and reaches as far as say around 3 or 4 inches beneath the area of the bottom of my shoulder blades.

It feels as if the muscles have tightened (think of how steak retracts when put in frying pan) and I can barely lift up (like doing a crunch) at times I have to roll off the bench or to the side if on the floor, and then helping myself up with arms etc.

having said that, when up, after a few minutes, the pain subsides and full movement is returned

I am a lard arse, and now weigh 224lbs (having lost 56lbs this year)

is it possible that my back is just weak and needs strengthening, or do I need to have it checked out maybe

Any thoughts would be good

Thanks

I too have back pain. I found what helps me, upon waking up in the morning perform the following:

1. Stand completely straight up
    2. Place both hands on your hips
    3. Slowly start leaning back and continue leaning back til right before the point of discomfort
    4. I repeat this 3-4 times

I find this is a good way to get the muscles stretched out and keeps me feeling good throughout the day and into my workouts.

In addition,

I've also been using the "BR3" workout design method. This entails all types of specifically designed exercises to help eliminate back pain.

I attached the link for you to read up on it, It's done wonders for me!

Hope this helps!

doctorallen is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) doctorallen is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) doctorallen is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) doctorallen is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) doctorallen is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) doctorallen is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) doctorallen is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) doctorallen is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) doctorallen is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) doctorallen is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) doctorallen is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    One of the most commonly inconspicuous reasons for lower back ache is sciatic nerve pinching due to disc herniation. In other words, when your vertebrae bulges out due to injury or weakness and begins to pinch on the neighbouring nerves, the most common being the sciatic nerve. The sciatic nerve is the longest in the body and any kind of nerve pinch will cause excrutiating pain in the lower back, buttocks, entire length of legs and even toes.

Registered User ArnoldHAMnEGGer's Avatar
    ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by doctorallen View Post
    One of the most commonly inconspicuous reasons for lower back ache is sciatic nerve pinching due to disc herniation. In other words, when your vertebrae bulges out due to injury or weakness and begins to pinch on the neighbouring nerves, the most common being the sciatic nerve. The sciatic nerve is the longest in the body and any kind of nerve pinch will cause excrutiating pain in the lower back, buttocks, entire length of legs and even toes.
    there seems to be lots of debate as to whether or not disc herniation can heal on its own. some say the body will "remove" the material on its own while others claim the only way to clear the material out is via surgery or possibly shrinking it via steroid injection. What is your opinion?

HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

My bad back has been way better since following this routine the last few weeks!

mdelinski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Nice write up. Always suffered from back pains.

AThreeFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Great write up OP. Going to implement these into my daily life to help with the lower back pains!

DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000)
    [ video] https://youtu.be/WH1aj73xXpQ [/video]

Here is a tip I use for lifters with a deep flexor, that is hypertonic, which will cause low back pain.
    Last edited by DougHolland; 05-04-2019 at 08:56 PM.
    http://www.hollandreflexology.com/

Andy1235 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andy1235 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andy1235 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andy1235 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just checked 2 of those links. worth with details background issues and guidelines. Thanks.
    https://leather-toolkits.com/reviews/best-razor-strops/

DylanBob01 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    There are loot of reason of back pain but i think GYM is latest in trend. Because people have no knowledge about exercise and gym equipment use. That is big reason back. My suggestion do under expert guidance.

jonnywar is not very well liked. (-100) jonnywar is not very well liked. (-100) jonnywar is not very well liked. (-100) jonnywar is not very well liked. (-100) jonnywar is not very well liked. (-100) jonnywar is not very well liked. (-100) jonnywar is not very well liked. (-100) jonnywar is not very well liked. (-100) jonnywar is not very well liked. (-100) jonnywar is not very well liked. (-100) jonnywar is not very well liked. (-100)
    I have severe pain after sleep. I don’t know how to fix it.

Hiningla is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Wow, My back pain has gone away. Thank you so much. Keep posting