Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    SleazyDTeezy is not very well liked. (-100) SleazyDTeezy is not very well liked. (-100) SleazyDTeezy is not very well liked. (-100) SleazyDTeezy is not very well liked. (-100) SleazyDTeezy is not very well liked. (-100) SleazyDTeezy is not very well liked. (-100) SleazyDTeezy is not very well liked. (-100) SleazyDTeezy is not very well liked. (-100) SleazyDTeezy is not very well liked. (-100) SleazyDTeezy is not very well liked. (-100) SleazyDTeezy is not very well liked. (-100)
    i used to think i had lower back pain, it was sort of near my tailbone
    turned out that my pelvis was twisted, i got a few exercises from an athletic therapist and now my hips are good as ever, i still do the exercises before workouts though just in case
    exercises:
    sloppy pushups - 6 second hold, 10 times
    basic hipflexor stretch - 15 seconds, twice per side
    cat stretch - 30 seconds, twice
    abductor... squeezes? - put something hard between my knees and squeeze for 6 second intervals, 5 times or so
    also i had one where i put my foot up on my knee, laid down, and pushed on it for 6 seconds, you would have to know which way yours was twisted for this to be effective though

govjamie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) govjamie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) govjamie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) govjamie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) govjamie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) govjamie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) govjamie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) govjamie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) govjamie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) govjamie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) govjamie has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Very helpful post
    Bulking Log Making big gains with big weights!!!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153310981

10/7/2013
    Current PR
    Bench 365
    Dead Lift 565
    Squat 460

TERZIC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello everybody,

I've been having some lower back problems as well. I feel it the most when I try to put my socks on from a standing position (bending over). It feels rather sore than actual pain and I am trying to figure out what I am doing wrong. I have been watching my form a lot lately and still the same. In my workout I start with Romanian deadlifts, barbell squats, barbell bent over rows and standing barbell press. Now I do more exercises but I think that these few might be causing the soreness. Also, I am using a standard bar (not Olympic) and it is not raised from the ground (will this do it?). And, I give myself 30 seconds of rest between sets until I am dead tired. I do not lift heavy at all, for deadlifts I have 60lbs on each side plus the bar.

I would really appreciate some guidance. Thanks!

pumpingahn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpingahn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpingahn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpingahn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpingahn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpingahn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpingahn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpingahn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpingahn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpingahn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumpingahn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Unbelievably helpful! So glad I joined the site. Think of how much this advice would cost if you got it by visiting doctors.

Zoukero is just really nice. (+1000) Zoukero is just really nice. (+1000) Zoukero is just really nice. (+1000) Zoukero is just really nice. (+1000) Zoukero is just really nice. (+1000) Zoukero is just really nice. (+1000) Zoukero is just really nice. (+1000) Zoukero is just really nice. (+1000) Zoukero is just really nice. (+1000) Zoukero is just really nice. (+1000) Zoukero is just really nice. (+1000)

Smile

I wrote this post for people searching for information about back pain. It will save you time.

First make sure you READ THIS. It is the easiest approach for back pain and it has a simple logical explanation.

Also you will read a lot of different ideas from different sources that are often quick articles that are not very useful. I will point you to a good source:

"Healing Back Pain The mind-body connection. Dr Sarno’s book". This is the source of what OP originally posted. The term TMS (Tension Myositis Syndrome, Myo means “muscle” )is from this book. According to him back pain originates from stress. Identifying stress and other psychological factors that lead to back pain. Before you make quick assumptions bear in mind a lot of people disagree with his thinking. I am only pointing you to the source.

"YAWN YOUR BACK PAIN AWAY TM" A very detailed explanation of how core strength works, how lack of it becomes back pain and how to develop it. This is not about doing crunches. (If you are a body builder or into fitness you are already doing some abdominal exercises and if that alone was the solution you would not be reading this!) It explains how to activate your core directly and with out exercise. I think this is the book that will help most people.

"Overcome neck and back pain” Not much info about back pain. But this book has very detailed explanations of how to stretch different muscles. And lots of images. Some people approach back pain by stretching. This is also a good book for stretching in general.

"Back care basics” There are books like this. They give you general information. Some are more useful than others but you can borrow a few of them for free from your local library. Books like this may not give you “your solution” but they will help you not to jump into conclusions. (A book like this takes a few years to put together. An internet article takes a few minutes.)

Yoga: Some people benefit from yoga in more ways than back pain. There is a lot more to yoga than just stretching and there is a lot of technique to it. Good Yoga takes time to learn. Randomly taking a yoga class is unlikely to achieve immediate good results. See second book for an explanation of which part of yoga you should focus.

In my opinion the sources above will give you about 80% of the basic simple things that you can use on your own.

Most of the articles you find on the internet have no more than a few minutes of work put into them. News paper articles are also sensationalist news. Big news will always sell better and travel further. Avoid making serious conclusions from them. There is also inversion tables, cold/warm packs, massage gadgets, etc, etc, etc. Most of this things are temporary/short term fixes. They are not a good long term strategy to a problem even if they give you some short term relief.

I know BP can be frustrating and play with your self confidence. At one stage I asked myself if my back would ever feel great again. Ans: YES ( try first link for 2-3 weeks/months) Hope this helps.

FOHIS72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FOHIS72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FOHIS72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FOHIS72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FOHIS72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FOHIS72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FOHIS72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FOHIS72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FOHIS72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FOHIS72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FOHIS72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks for this post!

amineMJ7 is not very well liked. (-100) amineMJ7 is not very well liked. (-100) amineMJ7 is not very well liked. (-100) amineMJ7 is not very well liked. (-100) amineMJ7 is not very well liked. (-100) amineMJ7 is not very well liked. (-100) amineMJ7 is not very well liked. (-100) amineMJ7 is not very well liked. (-100) amineMJ7 is not very well liked. (-100) amineMJ7 is not very well liked. (-100) amineMJ7 is not very well liked. (-100)
    thanks for posting.

WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I was painting a ceiling and the day after my back killed. Couldn't bend over or do anything. It still hurts a week later. Know what I could do to relieve pain or help heal it?

Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by WMLifting View Post
    I was painting a ceiling and the day after my back killed. Couldn't bend over or do anything. It still hurts a week later. Know what I could do to relieve pain or help heal it?
    Did that involve a lot of arching backwards?

That can often cuse some ligamentous sprain and/or aggravate small joints called facet joints.
    Usual treatment would be ice, anti-inflammatories and gentle stretching exercises.
    The science is out there!
    www.thegymphysio.com.au

phillytigers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

back pain

I can only speak for my situation but ITS have scholiosis 7 bulging disks and some discomfort pain at times There were times I could not stand up straight or even get out of bed and Dr even mentioned surgery But ITS refused to give in tomy conditions and continued to stretch and do body movements and exercise which is still helping me and IT continue to work out and transform my body despite my other injuries also
    Last edited by phillytigers; 06-22-2013 at 08:57 AM. Reason: To help motivate others to not give up on themselves a.d try to persevere

Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by phillytigers View Post
    I can only speak for my situation but ITS have scholiosis 7 bulging disks and some discomfort pain at times There were times I could not stand up straight or even get out of bed and Dr even mentioned surgery But ITS refused to give in tomy conditions and continued to stretch and do body movements and exercise which is still helping me and IT continue to work out and transform my body despite my other injuries also
    A bulging disc is not an injury, and is not necessarily a pathological condition!
    A scoliosis is not necessarily painful
    What surgery has been proposed?
    www.thegymphysio.com.au

WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Fresch View Post
    Did that involve a lot of arching backwards?

That can often cuse some ligamentous sprain and/or aggravate small joints called facet joints.
    Usual treatment would be ice, anti-inflammatories and gentle stretching exercises.
    Yes back was arched extremely! My dumb fault for doing it though I guess

eumar83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    is a great a good articles good post thank for sharing this articles

jb1986s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for this info. Very helpful!

Originally Posted by WMLifting View Post
    Yes back was arched extremely! My dumb fault for doing it though I guess
    Common to have back pain after doing something ike that!!
    www.thegymphysio.com.au

CarbonGlass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just got back from the chiro and I feel awesome.

I've been dealing with chronic back pain for about a year or two now, and I'm 23, so I really shouldn't be dealing with it. I was reluctant to go to a chiro because the last time I went (some 7 years ago or so) all he did was crack the crap out of my back and told me I pretty much had to come in like once a week for the rest of my life pretty much. And I felt like crap after.

This guy is awesome - talks way too much, but he's awesome - because he doesn't just crack your back and say make an appointment next week. He checked my posture, got xrays done, turns out I have scoliosis that prolly happened because of an injury, since I never had it as a kid. I also have bad posture and use my back to support myself, when really I need to be using my core to support myself. Ya, turns out your abs support your back almost as much if not more than your spine does. He explained everything really, really well, iced my back, bent and cracked me in ONLY the places I needed it, then went over a bunch of exercises I can do to help get me back into alignment.

So ya, feeling much better now. Going to the RIGHT chiro makes all the difference. This guy is also a sports therapist so he also went over some weightlifting stuff, showed me good form for deadlifting, etc.

liangyu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liangyu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liangyu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liangyu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liangyu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liangyu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liangyu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liangyu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liangyu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liangyu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This idea stems from myofascia trains that run the full length of the front and back of the body if one area of these trains isnt pulling its weight or is injured the other areas along that fascia have to deal with those extra stress's so its not always right to assume back pain is significantly problems to do only with your lower back, saying this it is hard if you cant feel it to detect these problem areas!
    http://www.rctophobby.com/rc-airplanes/shop-by-brand/dynam-rc-airplanes.html

samyjohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Lower back pain issues

If your lower back has pain then take a pillow on lower back and sleep for some 5 minutes you will relaxed and your back pain will also go try it.

MusclePassion is not very well liked. (-100) MusclePassion is not very well liked. (-100) MusclePassion is not very well liked. (-100) MusclePassion is not very well liked. (-100) MusclePassion is not very well liked. (-100) MusclePassion is not very well liked. (-100) MusclePassion is not very well liked. (-100) MusclePassion is not very well liked. (-100) MusclePassion is not very well liked. (-100) MusclePassion is not very well liked. (-100) MusclePassion is not very well liked. (-100)
    Do some front squats, hamstring and low back stretches. also get a foam roller and roll your low back on that! do some core/ab exercises like cable crunches, super mans, and planks. good luck

jrunfitpro is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrunfitpro is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrunfitpro is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrunfitpro is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrunfitpro is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrunfitpro is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrunfitpro is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrunfitpro is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrunfitpro is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrunfitpro is on a distinguished road. (+10) jrunfitpro is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Awesome

Agreed! Great info!!

roadrkt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was diagnosed with degenerative disc disease over 20 years ago after a highly painful injury. I let dr.s scare me into sedentary lifestyle. Later I injured both shoulders and knees. Had reconstructive kne e surgery. I seperated both shoulders at different times and refused treatment. Recently I decided heck with the doctors. I joined a gym and started hiit training and am gradually changing eating habits. EVERYTHING feels better but, my lower back still hurts when bending over, sitting at my desk, and especially riding my motorcycle and driving my car. Pain is impossible to ignore. I am 49 now and absolutely refuse to give up. I want to ride my motorcycle cross country adventure style but am not able to take the pain for more than an hour in the seat. I have not seen dr.s in a decade since all they recommended was temporary pain relief. What to do???
    Why wait? Nobody will do it for me, so I might as well do it for myself.

Registered User kinesthetic1234's Avatar
    kinesthetic1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kinesthetic1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kinesthetic1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kinesthetic1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kinesthetic1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kinesthetic1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kinesthetic1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kinesthetic1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kinesthetic1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kinesthetic1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kinesthetic1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    BACK DAMN YOU BACK!

I get this injurey sometimes. I have had it like 5 times in 10 years. 1 year ago I got it 2 times in one month and it never seemed to be 100% since. I was playing volley ball, and upon a jump to spike the ball; wam, it gave out and I hit my knees....they had to pick me up and I could hardly stand. Now my back is hurting pretty bad and I am stuck in this position .....

I know I need to see a doctor, but I have no insurance, and MRI's are way to expensive. So, just hoping for some feedback, maybe this sounds familiar to someone, and they can share their experience.

Thanks
    I express only what I think I know - as all things are subject to change, so too is that which I think I know. I am open, please correct me if wrong.

Originally Posted by kinesthetic1234 View Post
    BACK DAMN YOU BACK!

I get this injurey sometimes. I have had it like 5 times in 10 years. 1 year ago I got it 2 times in one month and it never seemed to be 100% since. I was playing volley ball, and upon a jump to spike the ball; wam, it gave out and I hit my knees....they had to pick me up and I could hardly stand. Now my back is hurting pretty bad and I am stuck in this position .....

I know I need to see a doctor, but I have no insurance, and MRI's are way to expensive. So, just hoping for some feedback, maybe this sounds familiar to someone, and they can share their experience.

Thanks
    Looks like a twisted pelvis that is probably irritating some facet joints in your back. MRI not needed unless you have lep pain below the knees.
    www.thegymphysio.com.au

Das ด็็็็็้้้้้็็็็t mane Maxjabbour's Avatar
    Maxjabbour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Maxjabbour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Maxjabbour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Maxjabbour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Maxjabbour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Maxjabbour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Maxjabbour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Maxjabbour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Maxjabbour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Maxjabbour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Maxjabbour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Im hating squats more and more every time i do them, even though im getting stronger. Firstly their destroying my lower back, ive been trying for 7 months now to perfect my squat technique but i still am not able to do them properly. The pain in my lower back bone is overwhelming, so there goes my plans to do deadlifts today. Another one is that front squats destroy my front delts...and there goes my overhead pressing plans for tommorrow... i barely slept from the amount of pain in the bone right above my glutes, its not muscle pain, its bone pain. My 1RM in squats is increasing, but my ability to do multiple light sets is drastically decreasing. I might have to do the unthinkable blasphemous act of removing squats from my routine, but im afraid of retribution from the gods of aesthetics for this.

Just thought id share my story regarding squats and lower back (bone) pain.
    Leave a link when you rep!

PM me if you replied to me in a thread! (I don't often check for replies)

********: Max Mirone Dagains

Poverty signature because mods deleted my previous signature with no warning crew
    Syrian crew
    Eye aesthetics crew

LegendKill3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LegendKill3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LegendKill3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LegendKill3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LegendKill3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LegendKill3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LegendKill3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LegendKill3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LegendKill3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LegendKill3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LegendKill3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I got some bad lower back pain from deadlifts and squats. How should I stop doing them until the pain stops completely?

LegendKill3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LegendKill3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LegendKill3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LegendKill3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LegendKill3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LegendKill3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LegendKill3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LegendKill3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LegendKill3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LegendKill3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LegendKill3r has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    My doctor said I should apply a hot damp rag on the area where I have the pain??? Can anyone confirm how well that works??

Originally Posted by TERZIC View Post
    Hello everybody,

I've been having some lower back problems as well. I feel it the most when I try to put my socks on from a standing position (bending over). It feels rather sore than actual pain and I am trying to figure out what I am doing wrong. I have been watching my form a lot lately and still the same. In my workout I start with Romanian deadlifts, barbell squats, barbell bent over rows and standing barbell press. Now I do more exercises but I think that these few might be causing the soreness. Also, I am using a standard bar (not Olympic) and it is not raised from the ground (will this do it?). And, I give myself 30 seconds of rest between sets until I am dead tired. I do not lift heavy at all, for deadlifts I have 60lbs on each side plus the bar.

I would really appreciate some guidance. Thanks!
    I get the same problems man

I need this to go away for sports. My bak is keeping me sidelined.

polskiski is on a distinguished road. (+10) polskiski is on a distinguished road. (+10) polskiski is on a distinguished road. (+10) polskiski is on a distinguished road. (+10) polskiski is on a distinguished road. (+10) polskiski is on a distinguished road. (+10) polskiski is on a distinguished road. (+10) polskiski is on a distinguished road. (+10) polskiski is on a distinguished road. (+10) polskiski is on a distinguished road. (+10) polskiski is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Great post!

Squat4ever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Squat4ever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Squat4ever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Squat4ever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Squat4ever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Squat4ever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Squat4ever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Squat4ever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Squat4ever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Squat4ever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Squat4ever is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    No one has mentioned strengthening the core. I'm getting lower back pain that radiates down my right leg. This only began a month after I began isolating my abs. I have a feeling it's a herniated disc should I stop strengthening my core? I know it sounds like a dumb question haha
    Last edited by Squat4ever; 12-25-2013 at 06:12 AM.

AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hey kids, just wanted to say that at the suggestion of this article, I tried to do some z-health stuff for persistent issues with my legs and lower back and I am 100% ****ing sold on it. It's great. It's wonderful. Seriously.
    ***THE AFRO POPE: "The Man Who Never Gets Mad Online"***