MonoDiablo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MonoDiablo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MonoDiablo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MonoDiablo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MonoDiablo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MonoDiablo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MonoDiablo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MonoDiablo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MonoDiablo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MonoDiablo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MonoDiablo is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Best Persoanl Training Equipment

I am looking to purchase some equipment to take with me to clients homes and local gyms. Where is the best place ot buy, or what brands are the best for stuff like: medicine balls, resistance bands, stability balls etc... I've never bought these things and have no idea whats a good price.
    Amino Cartel
    Redefining Human Performance
    www.AminoCartel.com

I didn't hear no bell! Rap_Rocky's Avatar
    Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by MonoDiablo View Post
    I am looking to purchase some equipment to take with me to clients homes and local gyms. Where is the best place ot buy, or what brands are the best for stuff like: medicine balls, resistance bands, stability balls etc... I've never bought these things and have no idea whats a good price.
    Eh, I usually go to Modells or check Amazon.com for my equipment.

I usually don't go by the brand and I haven't had any problems with mine thus far.
    I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying.
    I'm not out there sweating for three hours every day just to find out what it feels like to sweat.

Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I heard a guy bought a big moving van, bolted a bunch of equipment into the back trailer area and made it a traveling personal training studio.
    Sept of Baelor was an inside job. Wildfire can't melt stone masonry.

What doesn't kill me..... AbAbber2k's Avatar
    AbAbber2k is just really nice. (+1000) AbAbber2k is just really nice. (+1000) AbAbber2k is just really nice. (+1000) AbAbber2k is just really nice. (+1000) AbAbber2k is just really nice. (+1000) AbAbber2k is just really nice. (+1000) AbAbber2k is just really nice. (+1000) AbAbber2k is just really nice. (+1000) AbAbber2k is just really nice. (+1000) AbAbber2k is just really nice. (+1000) AbAbber2k is just really nice. (+1000)
    Dynamax med balls are awesome. And as for something highly portable, I have to highly recommend TRX Straps. Can be hooked up almost anywhere, and you can modify just about any exercise for any client. Sadly the TRX Straps are a little pricey at something like $200, but you can occasionally find deals on them, and really, $200 is a small investment in the long run.

Other equipment worth considering:
    A pair of pvc parallettes (easy to make from parts from your local hardware store).
    An agility ladder (cheap and easy to find).
    An adjustable dumbbell.
    A sandbag (make sure it's WELL made so it doesn't leak sand).
    A pull-up bar (one of those nice counter lever designs that don't have to be screwed into the door frame).
    Glide Discs.
    Foam roller (nice for stretching after).

Plus, you can do a million and one different exercises with bodyweight alone.
    ACSM Certified Personal Trainer
    AKC Kettlebell Coach, CST Coach
    BS Kinesiology, Washington State University

BFD Zio is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFD Zio is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFD Zio is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFD Zio is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFD Zio is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFD Zio is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFD Zio is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFD Zio is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFD Zio is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFD Zio is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFD Zio is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Second the glide discs (if you are referring to the valslides)....also get a set of PowerBlocks, those are easily the best dumbbells available.
    "I think if you're alive and you want to be into something, you should be nuts about, or nuts about something else. Don't be half way about anything, because life is too short. If you're going to love somebody, love them, if you're going to hate them, hate them." -Henry Rollins

Location: Salisbury, Wiltshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Aeries is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aeries is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aeries is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aeries is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aeries is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aeries is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aeries is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aeries is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aeries is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aeries is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aeries is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Keltron View Post
    I heard a guy bought a big moving van, bolted a bunch of equipment into the back trailer area and made it a traveling personal training studio.
    Thats a pretty cool idea to be honest. Not sure if it would be legal here though.

Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Just bought a used TRX trainer on craigslist for $75.

PhitZone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Check out bigfitness.com. They have some good stuff, and free shipping (BIG plus).
    Todd
    PhitZone.com

Physiologist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Physiologist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Physiologist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Physiologist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Physiologist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Physiologist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Physiologist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Physiologist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Physiologist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Physiologist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Physiologist is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Emoore View Post
    Just bought a used TRX trainer on craigslist for $75.
    its fake .. sorry to tell you this.

If it is missing the badge on it that has the patent number, then you have a fake.

Im just talking from experience. Once I found out mine was fake, I sold it cheap too.

buuuuuuut, you might have a real one,and therefore you got a great deal.

jules_d1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jules_d1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jules_d1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jules_d1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jules_d1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jules_d1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jules_d1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jules_d1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jules_d1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jules_d1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jules_d1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Physiologist View Post

you might have a real one,and therefore you got a great deal.
    strong contradiction

Physiologist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Physiologist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Physiologist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Physiologist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Physiologist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Physiologist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Physiologist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Physiologist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Physiologist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Physiologist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Physiologist is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by jules_d1 View Post
    strong contradiction
    lol. I meant to say,

"Buuuuuut, if you do have the patent sticker on it, then you got a great deal. "

BraSo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BraSo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BraSo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BraSo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BraSo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BraSo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BraSo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BraSo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BraSo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BraSo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BraSo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by MonoDiablo View Post
    These are what i have/use for in-home personal training:
    Bowflex adjustable DB (1090), without stand
    Bosu Ball
    KettleBells (10kg x 2, 7.5kg x 2, 5kg x 2, 2.5 x 2)
    Short BB with rubber plates (10kg x 6, 5kg x 6, 2.5kg x 8, 1.25kg x 8)
    Adjustable weight bench (generic)
    Reebok Medicine Ball (5kg x 1, 3kg x 1, 2kg x 1)
    Reebok double grip ball (7kg x 1, 8kg x 1, 10kg x 1)
    Technogym Swiss Ball (silver 55cm & black 65cm)
    Airex Mat (green .6mm thick x 2)
    Resistance Bands (generic)
    Reebok Foam Roller
    Twins Boxing Equipment (Kick mitts, punch mitts, gloves)
    Portable muay thai bag with portable stand (generic)
    Cones
    Banana Steps

It cost me roughly 2k us$. Most of the equipment were bought on an auction website and foreclosure gyms here in the country where i am staying.

It took quite sometime (6months) and financial savings for me to have these things.

HTH

Goodluck on your venture.

Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

If it is missing the badge on it that has the patent number, then you have a fake.

Im just talking from experience. Once I found out mine was fake, I sold it cheap too.

buuuuuuut, you might have a real one,and therefore you got a great deal.
    No, it's not fake. It came in the original packaging from Fitness Anywhere with all the original workout posters, instructional DVD, and door hanger and has the patent number.

The guy I bought it from was a bodybuilder whose misguided relative gave it to him as a gift but he wouldn't be caught dead using anything but barbells and dumbbells.
    Last edited by Emoore; 11-26-2009 at 07:35 AM.

Originally Posted by Emoore View Post
    No, it's not fake. It came in the original packaging from Fitness Anywhere with all the original workout posters, instructional DVD, and door hanger and has the patent number.

The guy I bought it from was a bodybuilder whose misguided relative gave it to him as a gift but he wouldn't be caught dead using anything but barbells and dumbbells.
    The trx doesn't come with the door anchor. That is an added cost.

All the fake ones that were sold on ebay throw it in for free.

Mine came in what looked like the original packaging,
    http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...n/IMG_1529.jpg
    The door anchor had it's own box too.
    The dvds were well packaged and wrapped, posters and stuff too.

I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything like that, I just want to make sure you don't injure any one while using the TRX.
    Lucky yours has the patent number.

BRB... Eating a chicken askthetrainer's Avatar
    askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000)
    The trx doesn't come with the door anchor. That is an added cost.

All the fake ones that were sold on ebay throw it in for free.

Mine came in what looked like the original packaging,
    http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...n/IMG_1529.jpg
    The door anchor had it's own box too.
    The dvds were well packaged and wrapped, posters and stuff too.

I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything like that, I just want to make sure you don't injure any one while using the TRX.
    Lucky yours has the patent number.
    Good info, but c'mon it's not like the TRX is a piece of space age technology, I'm sure the "fake" ones are not bad or dangerous...
    Contact me about our author Program

www.AskTheTrainer.com | Twitter.com/AskTheTrainer | Facebook.com/askthetrainercom

Originally Posted by askthetrainer View Post
    Good info, but c'mon it's not like the TRX is a piece of space age technology, I'm sure the "fake" ones are not bad or dangerous...
    Well they can be.

Mine for example, the buckle would slip.

when I was to lean back, putting all my body weight on it to do body weight rows, the buckle would slip and i'd fall back almost onto the ground. I wasn't injured, but it wasn't exactly safe.
    It was all in the crappy buckle that couldn't hold the straps tight.

Well they can be.

Mine for example, the buckle would slip.

when I was to lean back, putting all my body weight on it to do body weight rows, the buckle would slip and i'd fall back almost onto the ground. I wasn't injured, but it wasn't exactly safe.
    It was all in the crappy buckle that couldn't hold the straps tight.
    That really sucks. Before I bought this one I made myself something similar using motorcycle tie-down straps and schedule III PVC pipe. I paid less than $20 for all the materials and while it wasn't pretty, it was SOLID. You'd think if you were going to sell knock-offs on ebay, they'd at least be safe knockoffs.