Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Twinkies

eriplex will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriplex will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriplex will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriplex will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriplex will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriplex will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriplex will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriplex will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriplex will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriplex will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriplex will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I haven't had twinkies in forever. Now I wanna make twinkie tiramisu. lolz

LveNLrn is just really nice. (+1000) LveNLrn is just really nice. (+1000) LveNLrn is just really nice. (+1000) LveNLrn is just really nice. (+1000) LveNLrn is just really nice. (+1000) LveNLrn is just really nice. (+1000) LveNLrn is just really nice. (+1000) LveNLrn is just really nice. (+1000) LveNLrn is just really nice. (+1000) LveNLrn is just really nice. (+1000) LveNLrn is just really nice. (+1000)

Red face

Originally Posted by EL37 View Post
    For several months now I have been craving a twinkie, I remembered last eating one probably about 12 or 13 years ago, today I was at the store and I decided, "Hell, I am here," and I threw a box in my cart. I sat down, opened it up, savored the smell for about 3 seconds, I noticed that it has a different feel than I remember when I was a kid, more cake and less sponge. I finally bit into it and it tasted OK I will give them that, but it was not the same as the last I remembered. The outside was a harder, the inside was filled on either end leaving a spot where there was no cream and I felt like such an idiot since I could have just savored the way I THOUGHT it would taste and eat some junk food I could actually enjoy. (It was not bad tasting but it is the national snack of fat guys and was so not worth it, in my opinion.) Anyone else notice that the stuff you liked when you were a kid is just not as good anymore? E.g. Sunny D(elight). What is your favorite cheat food?
    I used to eat these for Breakfast everday, just a few years ago.

-Yogurt Covered Fruit Snacks, (Kellogs came out with something similar last year I believe)
    -Chocolate Covered Coffee Beans
    -Fruit By the Foot!!!
    -Leather Fruit
    -Mini Ice Cream Cups with little Popsicle stick spoons
    -Sour Dino's
    - Mr.Cristies Rainbow Cookies!!!
    -Mr. Freeze
    - Pink Elephant Popcorn
    - What were those Corn Pop's???
    - Corn Nuts
    - Lick a Stick
    - Nerds
    - Jaw Breakers
    -Fizzies
    - Sour Soothers
    -Poppy Seed Strudel ( I am still tempted by this, and it still TASTES GREAT!!!)
    - Sugar Crisp
    -BLAH NO WONDER KIDS ARE SO FAT TODAY, Here's an idea let's get them loaded on sugar to start off their day!

I know some of these are still out there, I guess I just don't pay them any mind anymore, since I am not a little kid, & I am no longer eye level with that stuff in the store, nor do I have anyone to trade it with!!!
    Last edited by LveNLrn; 11-26-2009 at 05:20 AM.
    "Even if the Goals are Never Reached, they Keep the Mind Active & the Body Alive." ~ Me

bbvbandit0808 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbvbandit0808 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by double gonad View Post
    Kids don't seem to have very sophisticated taste buds, maybe that's why things that tasted good as a kid taste like crap now. I used to eat ketchup sandwiches when I was a kid; I couldn't imagine doing something like that now.
    You should do it just to see if it lives up to what it used to be and then let us know.

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by EL37 View Post
    Just read the ingredients about an hour after the post, they contain some nastiness, beef fat being one nasty item, if I am going to enjoy a steak it will not be in oil form and I will at least enjoy the idea that it is high in nutrients, I am going to take my remaining twinkies, put a firecracker in each one, and make a really fun sort of grenade.
    Was it beef fat or beef tallow? Tallow's what they put in Cool Whip and most soft serve ice cream (like they have at Dairy Queen...gotta love that irony.).
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

Dunhill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dunhill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dunhill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dunhill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dunhill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dunhill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dunhill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dunhill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dunhill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dunhill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dunhill is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I use to drink 5-6 coke cans a day. Was not overweight by any means, since loved to play sports, but still it was an excessive amount when I think about it now. I only drink water now, and the last time I tried a coke, it felt literally like I was drinking car oil or something. I still dont eat clean but try to stay away from the really bad stuff.
    'In Arnold We Trust'

EL37 is just really nice. (+1000) EL37 is just really nice. (+1000) EL37 is just really nice. (+1000) EL37 is just really nice. (+1000) EL37 is just really nice. (+1000) EL37 is just really nice. (+1000) EL37 is just really nice. (+1000) EL37 is just really nice. (+1000) EL37 is just really nice. (+1000) EL37 is just really nice. (+1000) EL37 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by double gonad View Post
    Kids don't seem to have very sophisticated taste buds, maybe that's why things that tasted good as a kid taste like crap now. I used to eat ketchup sandwiches when I was a kid; I couldn't imagine doing something like that now.
    I was watching a friend's kids and on her way home she picked up ice cream, the oldest girl, 10, heard that there was Hagen Dazs vanilla and coffee and Breyer's Heath bar caramel crunch, she immediately started whining and crying (I cannot possibly say this with enough force because if I heard this story I would be inclined to disbelieve it):
    "NYYAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!! THAT ONE [Pointing at Heath Bar Crunch] SOUNDS HEALTHY. I DON'T WANT IT!!!! WHA-HUH-HUT IS THE POINT *SCREEEEEEEAMing and flopping around on the floor*."

I told her, "So don't eat it." It seemed unappreciative, rude and confusing. If my kid did that I would put them on a freaking vegan diet for a year.

Kids weird the sh*t out of me, particularly this one. Are they all like this?

Also, am I a bad person if my first thought was, "Wow, what a douchebag."?
    Last edited by EL37; 08-27-2012 at 10:02 PM.

EL37 is just really nice. (+1000) EL37 is just really nice. (+1000) EL37 is just really nice. (+1000) EL37 is just really nice. (+1000) EL37 is just really nice. (+1000) EL37 is just really nice. (+1000) EL37 is just really nice. (+1000) EL37 is just really nice. (+1000) EL37 is just really nice. (+1000) EL37 is just really nice. (+1000) EL37 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Marius_Ursus View Post
    Was it beef fat or beef tallow? Tallow's what they put in Cool Whip and most soft serve ice cream (like they have at Dairy Queen...gotta love that irony.).
    Said beef fat on the label. Isn't tallow just clarified fat? They also used to use it for soap and candles I believe.

StephSkywalker is just really nice. (+1000) StephSkywalker is just really nice. (+1000) StephSkywalker is just really nice. (+1000) StephSkywalker is just really nice. (+1000) StephSkywalker is just really nice. (+1000) StephSkywalker is just really nice. (+1000) StephSkywalker is just really nice. (+1000) StephSkywalker is just really nice. (+1000) StephSkywalker is just really nice. (+1000) StephSkywalker is just really nice. (+1000) StephSkywalker is just really nice. (+1000)
    Good post.. I think about things I ate as a kid a lot.. And I am surprised I was not morbidly obese... I used to eat a large bag of cheetos, 2 honey buns, with a 20 oz pop like every day along with whatever dinner I had.. I remember my lunch/dinner of choice back then was 2 Double cheeseburgers, a super sized fry, and a large McFlurry.. Hell, I could eat a whole package of Oreos with a few cups of milk but I was always thin as a kid, I didn't start to gain real weight until college...

A mixing box full of cheerios or frosted flakes, milk, toast on Saturday morning watching cartoons >>>>

I tell people all the time, I have always been a fat kid stuck in a skinny's kid body.. Until I became an adult and actually became fat
    ~ What is Dead will Never Die Crew

~Add me as a friend on MyFitnessPal & Instagram: StephSkywalker

I also have a Log. Check it out

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152157923

Gym Maxes - 420 Squat/300 Bench/465 Deadlift = 1,185 Total

simonsays2 is not very well liked. (-100) simonsays2 is not very well liked. (-100) simonsays2 is not very well liked. (-100) simonsays2 is not very well liked. (-100) simonsays2 is not very well liked. (-100) simonsays2 is not very well liked. (-100) simonsays2 is not very well liked. (-100) simonsays2 is not very well liked. (-100) simonsays2 is not very well liked. (-100) simonsays2 is not very well liked. (-100) simonsays2 is not very well liked. (-100)
    yesterday I decided to go back to the age-ol days of middle school and make myself a suicide at the drinking fountain.

It was terrible.

Something about dietpepsicokedrpeppermtndewbrisklemonade just isnt appealing anymore.

DustyC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DustyC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DustyC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DustyC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DustyC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DustyC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DustyC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DustyC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DustyC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DustyC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DustyC is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    haha man thank god I never grew a likin for twinkies,

I use to loveeeeee eatin mcdicks chix nugs. I actually worked at a mcds for awhile and hate the food (be4 I started workin there) but they def are not the same tastin.
    P28 Review: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148598423&p=957584223#post957584223

AgeIsCritical will become famous soon enough. (+50) AgeIsCritical will become famous soon enough. (+50) AgeIsCritical will become famous soon enough. (+50) AgeIsCritical will become famous soon enough. (+50) AgeIsCritical will become famous soon enough. (+50) AgeIsCritical will become famous soon enough. (+50) AgeIsCritical will become famous soon enough. (+50) AgeIsCritical will become famous soon enough. (+50) AgeIsCritical will become famous soon enough. (+50) AgeIsCritical will become famous soon enough. (+50) AgeIsCritical will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I was never really into pre packaged junk food but my quick food of choice was Chinese fast food. Being that it was so cheap. $2.95 for 4 huge whole chicken wings and my choice of either fries, fried plantains, or pork fried rice. I used to eat that 6 to 10 times a week between the ages of 12 and 17. It was mostly convenience due to the restaurant being right next door to me. I can't say I have had the same exact food recently because I havent eaten there since I was 17. Hmm, I wouldn't mind going back just to taste it again and see how I like it now.
    -SSgt A
    "Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat."
    RAdm. "Jay" R. Stark, USN; 10 November 1995

Scoper50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scoper50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scoper50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scoper50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scoper50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scoper50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scoper50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scoper50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scoper50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scoper50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scoper50 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Anyone remember handy snacks? It was a little plastic package with a peel off top. Inside there were 4 crackers and a cube of this orange cheese spread that you put on the crackers with a little red stick.

As a teenager i used to sit down with 5 or 6 of these things and just eat one after the other. A couple years ago somebody brought some of these with camping. I had one, and it was alright, but nothing like i remember.

The same goes for easy cheese (spray cheese in a can). Used to go through a couple cans a week. Can't even stomach it now.

Eat Sleep Lift and Poop Killshot1's Avatar
    Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by BRC1989 View Post
    I used to love coke/pepsi slurpees when I was younger, then I stopped drinking them for a while, last time I had one I got an upset stomach from all that sugar, it just made me remember why I was such a fatass when I was younger
    I know dat feel. Literally any candy bar. I used to love milky way bars, soo much. I would eat at least one or two large bars a week. Now if i try to eat even half of one of the large bars it gets overbearingly sweet and just gross. If anything, I'm glad this sort of thing happens to me. My eating changes have been great
    Engineering Master Race

texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texicus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    loved whoopee pies as a kid

recently started eating them again, using choc casein fluff as topping

tasted good. everything went better than expected
    Johns Hopkins '16

Eat Sleep Lift and Poop Killshot1's Avatar
    Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by LveNLrn View Post
    I used to eat these for Breakfast everday, just a few years ago.

-Yogurt Covered Fruit Snacks, (Kellogs came out with something similar last year I believe)
    -Chocolate Covered Coffee Beans
    -Fruit By the Foot!!!
    -Leather Fruit
    -Mini Ice Cream Cups with little Popsicle stick spoons
    -Sour Dino's
    - Mr.Cristies Rainbow Cookies!!!
    -Mr. Freeze
    - Pink Elephant Popcorn
    - What were those Corn Pop's???
    - Corn Nuts
    - Lick a Stick
    - Nerds
    - Jaw Breakers
    -Fizzies
    - Sour Soothers
    -Poppy Seed Strudel ( I am still tempted by this, and it still TASTES GREAT!!!)
    - Sugar Crisp
    -BLAH NO WONDER KIDS ARE SO FAT TODAY, Here's an idea let's get them loaded on sugar to start off their day!

I know some of these are still out there, I guess I just don't pay them any mind anymore, since I am not a little kid, & I am no longer eye level with that stuff in the store, nor do I have anyone to trade it with!!!
    Your thinking of YoGo's! :P And dang, thats crazy. My breakfast a few years ago (if anything) was ramen noodles (did this from kindergarden to like 7th grade), store bought donuts- like 10 minis at a time, snack cakes, chocolate. So gross. lol now i have tilapia, chicken, oats and protein shakes. Theres no such thing as breakfast, any healthy food is breakfast food for me
    Engineering Master Race

garardn01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) garardn01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) garardn01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) garardn01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) garardn01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) garardn01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) garardn01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) garardn01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) garardn01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) garardn01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) garardn01 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I could easily take down an entire bag of Nacho Cheese Doritos by myself back in high school. That plus you're own personal case of Coke was the food and drinks of choice for most of the hanging out back in the day.

I still beast classic Doritos, I just try to avoid them though. Damn things are still addictive to me.

Originally Posted by eriplex View Post
    I haven't had twinkies in forever. Now I wanna make twinkie tiramisu. lolz
    Never eating Twinkies again, but admittedly that sounds awesome. Maybe there is a compromise. What is the recipe?

pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000)
    Spree, sweet tarts, and fruit roll ups

pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000) pyaarawala is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Scoper50 View Post
    Anyone remember handy snacks? It was a little plastic package with a peel off top. Inside there were 4 crackers and a cube of this orange cheese spread that you put on the crackers with a little red stick.

As a teenager i used to sit down with 5 or 6 of these things and just eat one after the other. A couple years ago somebody brought some of these with camping. I had one, and it was alright, but nothing like i remember.

The same goes for easy cheese (spray cheese in a can). Used to go through a couple cans a week. Can't even stomach it now.
    Handy snacks!! Yes...