Lehner will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lehner will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lehner will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lehner will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lehner will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lehner will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lehner will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lehner will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lehner will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lehner will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lehner will become famous soon enough. (+50)

2009-2010 Offseason Journal

Offseason started this week and decided hell I might as well start a log.

**Of course this will all be the weight lifting portion rather than the running part**

So in the past I've always followed the weight lifting program that the coaches intall to the program. Which has, in the past, been Bench, Squat, Power Clean, Deadlift, Towel Bench, and Box Squat. And was always in a pattern of 3x3, 5x5, 5,4,3,2,1, and 10,8,6 all alternating every week.

But the system is changing as of next week with less DL, and BS with more Incline Bench and a lift we call Texas 12. Due to a change in head coaching etc.

But away from that here are my starting stats:

Bench: 160x3
    Incline: 145x3
    Squat: 225x3
    DeadLift: 315x3
    Power Clean: 175x3

Ht: 6'0''
    Wt: 170 lbs
    40: 4.9
    Shuttle: 4.76
    Vert: 26 in

Lehner will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lehner will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lehner will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lehner will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lehner will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lehner will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lehner will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lehner will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lehner will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lehner will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lehner will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Goals

Coach dropped a bomb on me as soon as the season was over. I was a starting JV 1 WR as a Sophmore and never really had the speed for varsity, yet. But right when the season had ended coach told me my new position would be Tight End. He couldn't stress enough how much a "Hybrid" TE was so special, because the defense can't make subs to compensate for the use of a blocking TE when they are usually split out wide. So basically he told me that I had to have the strength of a TE but the speed of a WR.

This being said my goals are this:

BY:
    Christmas / Spring Football

Bench: 185/205 x3

Squat: 275/300 x3

Power Clean: 185/205 x3

Dead Lift: 340/360 x3

Incline: 160/175 x3

40: 4.76/4.70

Shuttle: 4.65/4.5

Vert: 27/28

Wt: 175/185

Are these goals realisticly all gonna happen? Probably not.
    Will I still work my ass off to reach them? Better believe it.

Time to get to work.

Okay

Hey, i know it's been a LONG time since I last updated this but i've been crazy busy with school and now that finals are over i have a little bit of time to post about the offseason program so far.

As I previously stated the system has changed. It is now based on a percentage of my max. Basically it is Squat, Incline/Bench, and Power Clean M-W-F and Running Tuesday and Thursday. on lifting days we have 8 minutes to get done with a lift then we all rotate to the next main lift Incline->Power clean Etc. and if you finished with all three sets and have time you are encouraged to go for a fourth set. The system is much better because I can tell that I feel much more like i actually did something after the sets.

Lifting Days work like this:

8 reps=75%/ 6 reps=80%/ 4 reps=85%/ 2 reps=95% }All of max

Monday-
    Incline 3x6
    Power Clean 3x8
    Squat 3x6
    Auxillaries

Wednesday-
    Bench 3x6
    Power Clean 3x8
    Squat 3x6
    Auxillaries

Friday-
    Incline 3x6
    Power Clean 3x8
    Squat 3x6
    Auxillaries

Here are the current maxes: Old///New

Bench: 170///185
    Incline: 150///160
    Squat: 245///275
    Power Clean: 190//205

40- 4.87
    Shuttle- 4.61
    Vert.- 26
    Ht.-6'
    Wt.- 170

I have been hindered by a rib injury (specifically a bruised area in the ribs) which has caused me to be in pain whenever I do bench and power clean so my bench has suffered but have gone up still.

Now that winter break is here I need to maintain the consistancy I have established thus far.

-Until the next time,

Lehner

TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Lehner View Post
    Coach dropped a bomb on me as soon as the season was over. I was a starting JV 1 WR as a Sophmore and never really had the speed for varsity, yet. But right when the season had ended coach told me my new position would be Tight End. He couldn't stress enough how much a "Hybrid" TE was so special, because the defense can't make subs to compensate for the use of a blocking TE when they are usually split out wide. So basically he told me that I had to have the strength of a TE but the speed of a WR.

This being said my goals are this:

BY:
    Christmas / Spring Football

Bench: 185/205 x3

Squat: 275/300 x3

Power Clean: 185/205 x3

Dead Lift: 340/360 x3

Incline: 160/175 x3

40: 4.76/4.70

Shuttle: 4.65/4.5

Vert: 27/28

Wt: 175/185

Are these goals realisticly all gonna happen? Probably not.
    Will I still work my ass off to reach them? Better believe it.

Time to get to work.
    I got chills when you said that bro, i feel the same exact way and I know exactly what you're going through with being told "you're not just good enough to be varsity" and you just want to prove everyone wrong.

i'm in, do work son
    "Giving your best is more important than being the best."

I train as an athlete, not a bodybuilder.

REPS for SUBS.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125690683

Originally Posted by TheHitStick View Post
    I got chills when you said that bro, i feel the same exact way and I know exactly what you're going through with being told "you're not just good enough to be varsity" and you just want to prove everyone wrong.

i'm in, do work son
    It's an awful feeling brother. But there's no better feeling than the look on a coaches face and that little silent nod of approval, it definetly makes you feel that everything is working the way it should.

Looking forward to posting.

TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Lehner View Post
    It's an awful feeling brother. But there's no better feeling than the look on a coaches face and that little silent nod of approval, it definetly makes you feel that everything is working the way it should.

Looking forward to posting.
    I know how that feels. Got to play TE once in practice (we don't have on in our offense and I was "Designated tight end"). Had one pass thrown to me for about 20 yards and I caught it and ran, juked our star player out somehow then got lassoed around the legs. Still moving forward but just went down because I was done lol.

Feels good man. Especially when I looked back and saw the look on the head coach's face and everybody else. I told people if we had a Tight End I could suceed there but no one believed me up until that point.

REPS for SUBS.

Originally Posted by TheHitStick View Post
    I know how that feels. Got to play TE once in practice (we don't have on in our offense and I was "Designated tight end"). Had one pass thrown to me for about 20 yards and I caught it and ran, juked our star player out somehow then got lassoed around the legs. Still moving forward but just went down because I was done lol.

Feels good man. Especially when I looked back and saw the look on the head coach's face and everybody else. I told people if we had a Tight End I could suceed there but no one believed me up until that point.
    In football the most self confident individual is the one who is going to be succesful.

Once you gain the confidence yourself then your true talent comes out on display for everyone to see. You gotta know that you're the best on the field every single down.

Friday

Today I had one exam and I had to spend the day with pops shopping and now I'm out of town for the weekend so I may try to convince my cousin to go lift but no promises, I may also get in some running. So until next week may just chill and the muscles rebuild.

I need some suggestions on plyis I can do for agility and power.

Box Squat Box Jumps are boss (get into a full squat and stop then jump onto a box)
    Regular Box Jumps
    Depth Jumps
    Tuck Jumps
    Single Leg Box Jumps

REPS for SUBS.