Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Registered User DeathtoToasters's Avatar
    DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000)

I am curious does diet soda affect insulin levels ?

Obviously, or should I say that I am assuming that diet soda doesn't affect insulin levels like regular soda because of the lack of sugar, but does the artificial sweeteners make up for that?

Sometimes the water in places I go to is so horrible that I would rather drink a diet sode instead.

I know, I know....."bring your own water bottle". Well sometimes I just forget or I don't usually carry one when out with the wife for a date :P

So I am just curious, anyone know?

Thanks
    DTT

Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000)
    yes, in some:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saccharin

Saccharin is unstable when heated but it does not react chemically with other food ingredients. As such, it stores well. Blends of saccharin with other sweeteners are often used to compensate for each sweetener's weaknesses. A 10:1 cyclamate:saccharin blend is common in countries where both these sweeteners are legal; in this blend, each sweetener masks the other's off-taste. Saccharin is often used together with aspartame in diet soda, so that some sweetness remains should the fountain syrup be stored beyond aspartame's relatively short shelf life. Saccharin is believed to be an important discovery, especially for diabetics, as it goes directly through the human digestive system without being digested. Although saccharin thus has no food energy, it can trigger the release of insulin in humans and rats, apparently as a result of its taste.[3] [4][5]

Everyone's chemistry is slightly different. If you have access to a blood sugar kit, test pre and post consumption.
    The Watchmen
    Rorschach: "None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me."

'The timid civilized world has found nothing with which to oppose the onslaught of a sudden revival of barefaced barbarity, other than concessions and smiles.'
    -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It isn't on artificial sugars, but I avoid plastic bottles - which diet drinks are often in -that contain the chemical bisphenol A in the plastic. (BPA) BPA has been linked to a 40% increased risk of heart disease and diabetes.

And last week a Chinese study came out with findings that Chinese men that regularly consumed products from bottles that had BPA were 4 times more likely to suffer from ED and 7 times more likely to have ejaculation issues.

I mentioned the ejaculation bit to a friend with 3 teenage daughters and he wished he had drunk more from plastic bottles when younger. LOL.

DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500)
    Wow I sure am glad I am not Chinese!

Overweight and arrogant

Atropa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Atropa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Atropa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Atropa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Atropa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Atropa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Atropa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Atropa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Atropa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Atropa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Atropa has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I can only tell you that it raises my blood glucose levels so by default does make insulin levels rise.
    That said, according to the FDA a calorie free,carb and fat free food can not possibly raise insulin levels...if that is the case my meter is defective

Seriously, some people yes and others no, either way it should be avoided, go for unsweetened tea instead

neutrolizr is on a distinguished road. (+10) neutrolizr is on a distinguished road. (+10) neutrolizr is on a distinguished road. (+10) neutrolizr is on a distinguished road. (+10) neutrolizr is on a distinguished road. (+10) neutrolizr is on a distinguished road. (+10) neutrolizr is on a distinguished road. (+10) neutrolizr is on a distinguished road. (+10) neutrolizr is on a distinguished road. (+10) neutrolizr is on a distinguished road. (+10) neutrolizr is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Part of the problem with Diet Soda's is that the artificial sweeteners actually make your body crave sugar. It thinks it' sgetting it, and then it keeps you wanting more.

Its sorta like having a woman take off her clothes, even if you're not totally turned on by her, you'll want to have sex with her anyway, and pursue it...that's what your body does with artificial sweeteners...lol...i slay me
    If you think you know it all, you've already failed at knowing anything!

Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000) Deborah_Lyn is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by neutrolizr View Post
    Part of the problem with Diet Soda's is that the artificial sweeteners actually make your body crave sugar. It thinks it' sgetting it, and then it keeps you wanting more.

Its sorta like having a woman take off her clothes, even if you're not totally turned on by her, you'll want to have sex with her anyway, and pursue it...that's what your body does with artificial sweeteners...lol...i slay me
    LOL!!! how about nakkid women coated in sugar?

ty for the lol.
    The Watchmen
    Rorschach: "None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me."

'The timid civilized world has found nothing with which to oppose the onslaught of a sudden revival of barefaced barbarity, other than concessions and smiles.'
    -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

neutrolizr is on a distinguished road. (+10) neutrolizr is on a distinguished road. (+10) neutrolizr is on a distinguished road. (+10) neutrolizr is on a distinguished road. (+10) neutrolizr is on a distinguished road. (+10) neutrolizr is on a distinguished road. (+10) neutrolizr is on a distinguished road. (+10) neutrolizr is on a distinguished road. (+10) neutrolizr is on a distinguished road. (+10) neutrolizr is on a distinguished road. (+10) neutrolizr is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Deborah_Lyn View Post
    LOL!!! how about nakkid women coated in sugar?

ty for the lol.
    Well, that's ok then.

Don't even get me started!
    If you think you know it all, you've already failed at knowing anything!

BazzaW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BazzaW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BazzaW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BazzaW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BazzaW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BazzaW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BazzaW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BazzaW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BazzaW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BazzaW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BazzaW has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    There is some evidence to suggest that many sodas that contain HFCS (high fructose corn syrup) actively suppress the leptin enzyme which tells your body that it is full...yet still add the extra sugar calories. Also I watched a documentary recently where they claimed that there were 50 mg of salt in a can of coke. The HFCS hides the salt...go figure..of course the salt dehydrates you and so you want to drink more....

DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by BazzaW View Post
    There is some evidence to suggest that many sodas that contain HFCS (high fructose corn syrup) actively suppress the leptin enzyme which tells your body that it is full...yet still add the extra sugar calories. Also I watched a documentary recently where they claimed that there were 50 mg of salt in a can of coke. The HFCS hides the salt...go figure..of course the salt dehydrates you and so you want to drink more....
    but HFCS is not in diet sodas.....

oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by DaddyR View Post
    Wow I sure am glad I am not Chinese!

Or a rat!!!!

The basic answer is no. It is fine. "IF" you drank 10 gals a day, "MAYBE" you would have a problem, yet I doubt it.

I don't know how I've lived so long in general amazing health with all the plastic, artificial sh!t I've ingested or been exposed to! Most of us boomers should be a freaky mutants according to all you paranoid environmental doomsdayers.

Most of you just need to get out and do more and eat less then worry about chems. IMO! You'd be A LOT more healthy!
    CHECK OUT MY INTERVIEW WITH "SIMPLYSHREDDED"
    http://www.simplyshredded.com/ed-cook-interview.html

2009 Bodyspace Member of The Year!

http://www.********.com/group.php?gid=180967149598&v=info#/event.php?eid=264800703001&ref=nf

bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^^^^this x2.

If those stupid rats would not eat a truck load of (saccharin, sucralose, aspartame, fill in the blank______________) none of us would be worried about those drinks. I blame the rats, it is all their fault. Instead of avoiding the occasional Coke 0, I am avoiding all rats.

That said, I do not consider Diet soda an adequate pre, during or post workout drink. An occasional treat, but if my only choice is Diet _______ or a water fountain during a workout, I am going with the water.
    Last edited by bamazav; 11-19-2009 at 01:05 PM.
    David, a 56 year old pastor, husband and father.

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified

Best Lifts - Squat 375lbs Bench 205 lbs Deadlift 470lbs. Goals in next year? Be the best Me I can be.

bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by bamazav View Post
    ^^^^this x2.

If those stupid rats would not eat a truck load of (saccharin, sucralose, aspartame, fill in the blank______________) none of us would be worried about those drinks. I blame the rats, it is all their fault. Instead of avoiding the occasional Coke 0, I am avoiding all rats.
    Rats are a good source of protien a study shows eating rats increases muscle mass by 265% its in the newest Muscle-tech supplement.

Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by oldsuperman View Post

Most of you just need to get out and do more and eat less then worry about chems. IMO! You'd be A LOT more healthy!
    Damn straight Supe! I drink diet soda by the liter if necessary right up to the that last week of prep before a show and the only reason it has to go at that point is because of the sodium content. Cracks me up how many people are concerned with having diet soda in their diets whil scarfing down a whole pizza on a Friday night!! lol Don't get me wrong, I drink plenty of water, but I won't hesitate to reach for a tasty diet drink whenever I feel the urge.

EBA84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EBA84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EBA84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EBA84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EBA84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EBA84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EBA84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EBA84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EBA84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EBA84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EBA84 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Or a rat!!!!

The basic answer is no. It is fine. "IF" you drank 10 gals a day, "MAYBE" you would have a problem, yet I doubt it.

I don't know how I've lived so long in general amazing health with all the plastic, artificial sh!t I've ingested or been exposed to! Most of us boomers should be a freaky mutants according to all you paranoid environmental doomsdayers.

X2

I drink a two liter bottle practically everyday. This includes while dieting for a contest.
    2008 IFBB North America Over 40 Super Heavyweight Class Winner
    2008 NPC Masters Nationals Super Heavyweight Class Winner
    2007 NABBA Nationals Overall Masters Over 40 Champion
    2007 NABBA Nationals Overall Mens Open Champion

oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by bigvin73 View Post
    Rats are a good source of protien a study shows eating rats increases muscle mass by 265% its in the newest Muscle-tech supplement.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Na yoo gotta admitt!!!! Datts fuuunny! LOL!

http://www.********.com/group.php?gid=180967149598&v=info#/event.php?eid=264800703001&ref=nf

Originally Posted by Mr. Someday View Post
    Damn straight Supe! I drink diet soda by the liter if necessary right up to the that last week of prep before a show and the only reason it has to go at that point is because of the sodium content. Cracks me up how many people are concerned with having diet soda in their diets whil scarfing down a whole pizza on a Friday night!! lol Don't get me wrong, I drink plenty of water, but I won't hesitate to reach for a tasty diet drink whenever I feel the urge.
    Originally Posted by EBA84 View Post
    X2

I drink a two liter bottle practically everyday. This includes while dieting for a contest.
    Me too! I drink a sh!t load of diet everything pop. BTW M Someday, Diet Rite Cola is sodium free! I like it too. Of course NOTHING will ever take the placed of my Diet Rock Star! YEAAAA!

bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Na yoo gotta admitt!!!! Datts fuuunny! LOL!
    Earned a rep from me.
    David, a 56 year old pastor, husband and father.

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified

Best Lifts - Squat 375lbs Bench 205 lbs Deadlift 470lbs. Goals in next year? Be the best Me I can be.

Dang ....... it could be so true!! If they marketed it correctly.

Or a rat!!!!

I know some people who are freaks.....but I agree with you assessment.

Originally Posted by EBA84 View Post
    X2

DANG, that is alot. That much carbonization will kill my stomach.

Are you really 6'6''?? Holy FU(K!!! How many rats have you eaten? 6'6" !!!!

Also, love your avi pic of you and your kids! I'm miss my little guys! Damn kids just go up and become adults!

ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Talking

Or a rat!!!!

All right old man, calling me a paranoid doomsdayer? : )

Well, we are all different. BPA is something that I worry about. I have plaque in my arteries - heart disease - and I'm only 39. Can't say were it came from, but the plastic bottles and junk food hit the trash can after my positive CT heart scan score.

bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Also, love your avi pic of you and your kids! I'm miss my little guys! Damn kids just go up and become adults!
    Ya I am really 6-6 and 278lbs and pretty much everything I do is with my kids they are my life. Thanks for the compliment 1 is missing from the pic she is in 8th grade so diffrent 1st day of school and she is 13 so embarassed by her dad now, except when I coach her sports teams...ALL of them lol. I have not tried the rat diet yet but I think all the time I spent sleeping and grounded in my teens has something to do with the height.

Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

I agree I have a 20 year old son away in college and a 17 year old daughter still at home but just to busy being 17 to hang around much. I wish I could squish them down to about 7 and 10 again. those days were golden. I gotta go I think I got something in my eye.

Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by ParsleyTea View Post
    All right old man, calling me a paranoid doomsdayer? : )

Well, we are all different. BPA is something that I worry about. I have plaque in my arteries - heart disease - and I'm only 39. Can't say were it came from, but the plastic bottles and junk food hit the trash can after my positive CT heart scan score.
    If you're having those issues at 39 it's darn near an iron clad cinch it came from one or both of your parents....... may have been recessive and passed for several generations on both sides before you inherited both variations of the same gene or different genes from each parent that interact with each other.

Very unlikely imo that it's from plastics, though if you've lived on nothing but junk food it may have contributed....... but ultimately it's your genetics.
    Last edited by Old-Time-Lifter; 11-19-2009 at 02:01 PM.
    Was friends with Methuselah

Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Old_Swole View Post
    I agree I have a 20 year old son away in college and a 17 year old daughter still at home but just to busy being 17 to hang around much. I wish I could squish them down to about 7 and 10 again. those days were golden. I gotta go I think I got something in my eye.

I hear you...and makes me long for those days.

Is it dusty in hear...must be my allergies.

Originally Posted by Old-Time-Lifter View Post
    If you're having those issues at 39 it's darn near an iron clad cinch it came from one or both of your parents....... may have been recessive and passed for several generations on both sides before you inherited both variations of the same gene or different genes from each parent that interact with each other.

Very unlikely imo that it's from plastics, though if you've lived on nothing but junk food it may have contributed....... but ultimately it's your genetics.
    Yeah, hard to say. I'm fairly familiar with heart disease causes and testing now. I read several doctors blogs where heart disease is talked about. Cardiologist William Davis at HeartScanblog in particular is a wonderful source for information I think.

I do not have any LpA - which is rare is its self. When you talk about someone young and athletic with heart disease my understanding it is inherited elevated LpA that will likely be the cause.

Fingers crossed that I will be able to stop the plaque growth eventually. I'm doing everything I can in my favor to do so!

Yeah, hard to say. I'm fairly familiar with heart disease causes and testing now. I read several doctors blogs where heart disease is talked about. Cardiologist William Davis at HeartScanblog in particular is a wonderful source for information I think.

I do not have any LpA - which is rare is its self. When you talk about someone young and athletic with heart disease my understanding it is inherited elevated LpA that will likely be the cause.

Fingers crossed that I will be able to stop the plaque growth eventually. I'm doing everything I can in my favor to do so!
    Best to ya "young man" I truly do wish you the best though and feel for ya.

Some how though I've survived asbestos exposure, plastic, pesticides, herbicides, preservatives, PVC plastics, lead, radiation, air pollution, water pollution, noise pollution, slash burning and field burning smoke, cell phone waves into the brain, saccharin, MSG, fluorocarbons, ultraviolet rays, sugar, steak, bacon, burgers and fries, hormones in meats and milk products! Oh God I could go on and on.

Mostly, our health is linked to our genetics and not so much what we eat, yet the lack of out movement as related to exercise. My bro in law has cholesterol over 300 and most of the men in his family die in their fifties of heart disease. They were all dairy farmers too so they ate a crap load of beef, and milk products. He changed his diet to healthier meats, lost 20lbs off his gut and walked on a tread mill 30 mins a day. Cholesterol down 173.... Hmmmmmmmm. Makes one think.....

Best to ya "young man" I truly do wish you the best though and feel for ya.

Some how though I've survived asbestos exposure, plastic, pesticides, herbicides, preservatives, PVC plastics, lead, radiation, air pollution, water pollution, noise pollution, slash burning and field burning smoke, cell phone waves into the brain, saccharin, MSG, fluorocarbons, ultraviolet rays, sugar, steak, bacon, burgers and fries, hormones in meats and milk products! Oh God I could go on and on.

Mostly, our health is linked to our genetics and not so much what we eat, yet the lack of out movement as related to exercise. My bro in law has cholesterol over 300 and most of the men in his family die in their fifties of heart disease. They were all dairy farmers too so they ate a crap load of beef, and milk products. He changed his diet to healthier meats, lost 20lbs off his gut and walked on a tread mill 30 mins a day. Cholesterol down 173.... Hmmmmmmmm. Makes one think.....
    Hahaha, sounds like you're one of the lucky ones to have hardy genes to survive the worst modern society has to throw at ya. Thanks for the words of encouragement. I think I'm going to do fine in the end. I'm following a good plan.

If you have not already, you might look into having a CT heart scan done. That is one thing about heart disease plaque, you do not feel it early on typically. I found out about my plaque when I drove my parents to the hospital for the test. I was not going to have the CT done as I am younger than the recommended age of 40, did not want the radiation exposure, but was talked into it in the end. I was there so why not I though. And wouldn't you know it, both parents had none, or next to no plaque. Me, I was a heart attack waiting to happen.

To good part is that there are plans that work well at stopping plaque growth. As mentioned above Dr Davis at Heartscanblog is a one doctor having success. There are others. Only 50% of us will develop heart disease. Detecting and prevention is the key to stopping a heart attack. And there is a lot more to heart disease causes than just cholesterol levels.

Hahaha, sounds like you're one of the lucky ones to have hardy genes to survive the worst modern society has to throw at ya. Thanks for the words of encouragement. I think I'm going to do fine in the end. I'm following a good plan.

If you have not already, you might look into having a CT heart scan done. That is one thing about heart disease plaque, you do not feel it early on typically. I found out about my plaque when I drove my parents to the hospital for the test. I was not going to have the CT done as I am younger than the recommended age of 40, did not want the radiation exposure, but was talked into it in the end. I was there so why not I though. And wouldn't you know it, both parents had none, or next to no plaque. Me, I was a heart attack waiting to happen.

To good part is that there are plans that work well at stopping plaque growth. As mentioned above Dr Davis at Heartscanblog is a one doctor having success. There are others. Only 50% of us will develop heart disease. Detecting and prevention is the key to stopping a heart attack. And there is a lot more to heart disease causes than just cholesterol levels.
    Yep good idea. You might look at my profile and check out my story. You will see that I was plagued with most of the problems ill-ed by the modern world as well. I understand what can make a difference in ones like to make lasting, healthy changes in ones life. Best to ya gain my friend in all your fitness goals and train hard and true.

Yep good idea. You might look at my profile and check out my story. You will see that I was plagued with most of the problems ill-ed by the modern world as well. I understand what can make a difference in ones like to make lasting, healthy changes in ones life. Best to ya gain my friend in all your fitness goals and train hard and true.
    HEy sup....

This is off topic, but since I started the thread :P, do you have a link to that article you did on contest prep. Where people don't have to do the whole traditional cut carb diet.

Thought I had it bookmarked.....but cannot find it.

Thanks!