shou has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shou has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shou has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shou has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shou has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shou has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shou has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shou has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

db lateral raise starting behind the back ?

Is it an effective way to work the back part of the medial delt (the tie in with rear delt) besides the "classical" side lateral raises ? Also is it not an aggressive motion for shoulder joint ?

I ask you because i'm beginning to feel a very little ache in my infraspinatus after i've done these lateral raises with start behind the back so i ask myself if i should continue or give up this kind of lateral raises....

Thank you by advance for your thoughts !

shou has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shou has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shou has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shou has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shou has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shou has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shou has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shou has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Any thoughts on this motion ?

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's a variation, although one used sparingly.

RC issues should be treated with rehab work and rest.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

Mr.Fab has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Fab has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Fab has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Fab has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Fab has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Fab has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Fab has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Fab has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Fab has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Fab has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mr.Fab has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I think behind the back DB laterals would be hard to do, due to db positioning. I do lateral cable raises, and start the motion from behind the back.

Are you doing your rotator cuff lifts?

If i stop this "behind the back db lateral raises" and just stick to "classical" side lateral raises, will it target enough my medial delt ?

J.X is on a distinguished road. (+10) J.X is on a distinguished road. (+10) J.X is on a distinguished road. (+10) J.X is on a distinguished road. (+10) J.X is on a distinguished road. (+10) J.X is on a distinguished road. (+10) J.X is on a distinguished road. (+10) J.X is on a distinguished road. (+10) J.X is on a distinguished road. (+10) J.X is on a distinguished road. (+10) J.X is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by shou View Post
    Is it an effective way to work the back part of the medial delt (the tie in with rear delt) besides the "classical" side lateral raises ? Also is it not an aggressive motion for shoulder joint ?

I ask you because i'm beginning to feel a very little ache in my infraspinatus after i've done these lateral raises with start behind the back so i ask myself if i should continue or give up this kind of lateral raises....

Thank you by advance for your thoughts !
    I copied below from the link listed. I am not a trainer but my gut instinct on this is that this movement you are describing is not a normal range of motion for the shoulder (given the description you provided). The glenohumeral joint is the most unstable jt. in the body therefore you want to be very careful in your training in order to prevent injury. Below describes "scapulo-humeral rhythm", it's detailed out, i.e. for every angle in one direction, etc. If you are starting to feel pain, I would omit this movement.

The one post mentioned lateral cabel raises, that seems to be a good suggestion. But read this below and research this a little more. The last thing you will want is a chronic shoulder issue. I have had a few myself.

http://shoulderpaininfo.com/shoulderBiomech.html

The scapulo-humeral rhythm allows the shoulder to move through its full range of movement and it allows the head of the humerus to be centered within the glenoid fossa. For every 15 degrees of shoulder abduction, 10 degrees occurs at the glenohumeral joint and 5 degrees occurs at the scapulothoracic joint. For 180 degrees of shoulder abduction, 120 degrees occurs at the glenohumeral joint and 60 degrees occurs at the scapulothoracic joint.

If there are changes to the scapulo-humeral rhythm, the head of the humerus does not remain centered and it can lead to problems with the rotator cuff tendons such as tendonitis or rotator cuff impingement.
    I'm sure on some planet your style is impressive but your weak link is: This is Earth.

Originally Posted by J.X View Post
    I copied below from the link listed. I am not a trainer but my gut instinct on this is that this movement you are describing is not a normal range of motion for the shoulder (given the description you provided). The glenohumeral joint is the most unstable jt. in the body therefore you want to be very careful in your training in order to prevent injury. Below describes "scapulo-humeral rhythm", it's detailed out, i.e. for every angle in one direction, etc. If you are starting to feel pain, I would omit this movement.

The one post mentioned lateral cabel raises, that seems to be a good suggestion. But read this below and research this a little more. The last thing you will want is a chronic shoulder issue. I have had a few myself.

http://shoulderpaininfo.com/shoulderBiomech.html

The scapulo-humeral rhythm allows the shoulder to move through its full range of movement and it allows the head of the humerus to be centered within the glenoid fossa. For every 15 degrees of shoulder abduction, 10 degrees occurs at the glenohumeral joint and 5 degrees occurs at the scapulothoracic joint. For 180 degrees of shoulder abduction, 120 degrees occurs at the glenohumeral joint and 60 degrees occurs at the scapulothoracic joint.

If there are changes to the scapulo-humeral rhythm, the head of the humerus does not remain centered and it can lead to problems with the rotator cuff tendons such as tendonitis or rotator cuff impingement.
    So you think this motion is too aggressive for shoulder's joint and should be avoided (and so it would be better if i only stick to "classical" db side lateral raises) ?

I would be great if other people of this board give me their opinion on this move.

I thank you by advance !

Greeting from France

J.X is on a distinguished road. (+10) J.X is on a distinguished road. (+10) J.X is on a distinguished road. (+10) J.X is on a distinguished road. (+10) J.X is on a distinguished road. (+10) J.X is on a distinguished road. (+10) J.X is on a distinguished road. (+10) J.X is on a distinguished road. (+10) J.X is on a distinguished road. (+10) J.X is on a distinguished road. (+10) J.X is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    So you think this motion is too aggressive for shoulder's joint and should be avoided (and so it would be better if i only stick to "classical" db side lateral raises) ?

I would be great if other people of this board give me their opinion on this move.

I thank you by advance !

Greeting from France
    I honestly do not know, what I would assume is that motion is not a natural motion of the jt. or better stated, it sounds damaging to me to work the jt. where you are stand with a D.B. and extend it back (opposite of lateral raise to the front from what you are describing).

The shoulder obviously can extend but to "weight it" in this direction......I have not seen a move like this for rear delts. There are a few other one's that are done where you are bent over, etc. You can look on the bb.com data base.

You do need someone how knows specifically but until then, if you are doing this and you now have pain, I have had inpingement issues with my shoulder that is where I am going from, it sounds like this move could be possibly causing your pain issue.

I would google around and see if you can find anyone in a video who is doing this motion you are describing.
    I'm sure on some planet your style is impressive but your weak link is: This is Earth.

BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Are you talking about this movement (3rd movement):
    "Your dreams are always going to be the most important to you than they will be to anybody else. So keep dreaming, keep believing, keep pressing forward. So all those warriors out there – be encouraged"

-Kai Greene

Originally Posted by BRC1989 View Post
    Cool video. His freakin bi's..........holy sh* but I think we know the deal on that.

at 5 min. you start seeing the lateral side raise to the rear on the incline bench, 7 mins. his trainer does some assisting, good view there. Maybe the OP will ck it out and say that this is it. From what I was reading seems he was doing a rear extension move w/the D.B. but you might have it.

luv the video though minus the momentum, not sure what the need is for so much momentum in his front raises and the rest but suppose just a training style.

thx for posting this!

Yes, i do the same move (which begins at 5minutes upt to the end of the vid) but i do it standing up and in a far more controlled way (fast up and very slow down) with far less weight lol....

BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRC1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yah I basically stole my shoulder routine from that video and has worked great for me. I love that behind the butt lying db lateral raise, hits the lateral head real good.
    "Your dreams are always going to be the most important to you than they will be to anybody else. So keep dreaming, keep believing, keep pressing forward. So all those warriors out there – be encouraged"

-Kai Greene

Yah I basically stole my shoulder routine from that video and has worked great for me. I love that behind the butt lying db lateral raise, hits the lateral head real good.
    Do you feel slight incomfort after you do it ?

Is this motion mechanically safe for shoulder's joint and rotator cuff ?

Sorry to annoy you but i would really like to have the opinion of someone who has some biomecanic's background !

Do you feel slight incomfort after you do it ?

Is this motion mechanically safe for shoulder's joint and rotator cuff ?

Sorry to annoy you but i would really like to have the opinion of someone who has some biomecanic's background !
    I have never felt any discomfort or pain from that way of doing db lateral raises. It just seems to make my lateral head swell up more than regular db lateral raises.

-Kai Greene