HumptyBrahh is just really nice. (+1000) HumptyBrahh is just really nice. (+1000) HumptyBrahh is just really nice. (+1000) HumptyBrahh is just really nice. (+1000) HumptyBrahh is just really nice. (+1000) HumptyBrahh is just really nice. (+1000) HumptyBrahh is just really nice. (+1000) HumptyBrahh is just really nice. (+1000) HumptyBrahh is just really nice. (+1000) HumptyBrahh is just really nice. (+1000) HumptyBrahh is just really nice. (+1000)

HumptyBrahh's quest for a Division 1 scholarship

Here is my back story, for those who care to read it:

Year 1: 1999, Pop Warner
    My dad finally let me play football. I was 11, and organized football was new to me. I hated the work and the fact I sucked (relative to the experienced kids), but I worked hard and two games into the season I became the starter at RG on offense and NT on defense. The coaches made it hell for me, and I decided to retire (lol) after the season.

Year 2: 2002, Freshman
    I decided to get back into football when all my friends signed up. At my school, all freshman football players were required to be on the freshman team, regardless of how good they are. I started at FB and SLB, and all special teams except punt return.

Year 3: 2003, JV
    During the summer off-season conditioning, my friend and I were asked to work out with the varsity team instead of JV. Towards the end of the summer (we were going to be sophomores), we were both invited to skip JV and go straight to varsity. We both declined, knowing we would get no playing time whatsoever. I started at MLB on JV.

Year 4: 2004, Varsity
    My junior year I moved up to varsity and started at DE/OLB. This season was my peak in terms of statistics. I was 232 lbs and ran a 4.8 40. I had 74 tackles and 11 sacks, 8 and 2 of which came against De La Salle, at the time the #1 team in the country.

Year 5: 2005, Varsity
    I transferred high schools over winter break of my junior year due to family problems. This started my downfall. The school I transferred to was highly competitive, and I still started, but I sucked. They had open campus for lunch and within two months I ballooned from 235 to 270. I was moved to NT, a position which I'm not suited for. I finished with 29 tackles and 2 sacks, not horrible for a NT (considering we ran a 3-4 and both our ILBs had over 140 tackles each), but well below what I wanted for myself. On the bright side, my strength was at its peak. I did 325/295/585 bench/clean/squat. I was in talks with San Jose State for a scholarship (and a few Pac-10 and other WAC schools), but when I said **** you to the SAT, they stopped calling.

I got crapped out on football for a few years, but every year I've missed it. Every year I tell myself I'm going to make a comeback. And every year, I get lazy and say eh screw it. This year, however, I did it (sort of). I walked on at a local junior college, and when spring ball came around, I was slotted as the starting strong-side DE (not bad for not having played in almost four years). However, my money ran out and the only job I could find was two hours away. Job > football

But this time, I'm doing it. I still have all my eligibility (I never enrolled in classes at the junior college, I was just practicing with the team -- was waiting until fall semester to enroll), and I figure it's time to put up or shut up. I'm going on 22 and if I want to play college football, I need to do it. So here's my plan:

-Cut to 210 (the smallest I've been since freshman year)
    -Work aggressively on strength/agility/speed
    -Whore myself out to local junior colleges, see who needs an ILB
    -Make one last run at playing college ball, with the eventual goal of winning a D1 scholarship

I'm aware this will be a very difficult task, but I'm posting here to keep myself motivated and accountable. I know I can do it -- I almost did it at 17 and out of shape, I know I can do it at 22 and in peak physical shape.

I will be posting cut progress, diet, and workouts as they happen. If nobody else follows this, at least I'll be doing it for myself.

Thanks for reading.

EDIT: If you have any questions, comments, suggestions, knock knock jokes, etc, feel free. I'm an open book.

DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    almost like my story brah except I've only played 1 year high school and 1 year semipro football but if its in you, go for it, like I told a friend of mine who was trying to get back into it.... you dont forget how to play football, so just go out their and work hard

federaldb59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) federaldb59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) federaldb59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) federaldb59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) federaldb59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) federaldb59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) federaldb59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) federaldb59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) federaldb59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) federaldb59 will become famous soon enough. (+50) federaldb59 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Work hard and let the naysayers motivate you to succeed.
    -------Mar 1st - June 1st fat loss competition-------
    03/01 (240) | 03/08(239) | 03/15 (239) | 03/22(238) | 03/29(236) | Month Total: 4 lbs.
    04/05 (---) | 04/12 (---) | 04/19 (---) | 04/26 (---) | Month Total:
    05/03 (---) | 05/10 (---) | 05/17 (---) | 05/24 (---) | 05/31 (---) | Month Total:
    06/01 (---) Final weigh in.

HumptyBrahh is just really nice. (+1000) HumptyBrahh is just really nice. (+1000) HumptyBrahh is just really nice. (+1000) HumptyBrahh is just really nice. (+1000) HumptyBrahh is just really nice. (+1000) HumptyBrahh is just really nice. (+1000) HumptyBrahh is just really nice. (+1000) HumptyBrahh is just really nice. (+1000) HumptyBrahh is just really nice. (+1000) HumptyBrahh is just really nice. (+1000) HumptyBrahh is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by DocHollidy View Post
    almost like my story brah except I've only played 1 year high school and 1 year semipro football but if its in you, go for it, like I told a friend of mine who was trying to get back into it.... you dont forget how to play football, so just go out their and work hard
    Originally Posted by federaldb59 View Post
    Work hard and let the naysayers motivate you to succeed.
    Thanks brahs. It's gonna be a tough road but it's just a case of asking myself if the ends justifies the means.