Page 50 of 60 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 1800
    nowheateater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nowheateater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nowheateater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nowheateater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nowheateater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nowheateater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nowheateater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nowheateater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nowheateater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nowheateater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nowheateater has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    2 questions one is for carb up I can only do my depletion w/o sat am and would like to keep carb up to just that day. So I read to have a small carb meal 5 hours Pre then some fruit 2 hours Pre. 5 hours Pre would be like 3am...and I don't stomach Plain fruit well so. Would a whey shake with some blueberries an hour or so pre work? Then carb up till bed.
    Q2
    Is for my wife started keto 2 weeks ago has been doing great, she would like to have a night out with the girls she doesn't want to mess up what she has going but would like to have a drink and a cheat meal. Should she eat reg keto all day then cheat meal ? Should she watch fat intake for the day ? I did tell her about keto and alcohol she says she will just have one... Heard that before 👌
    No Grain...No Pain... Gluten free since 2007

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Stick with whatever workout works for you. There's no need to mess with a plan that's giving results.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by nowheateater View Post
    2 questions one is for carb up I can only do my depletion w/o sat am and would like to keep carb up to just that day. So I read to have a small carb meal 5 hours Pre then some fruit 2 hours Pre. 5 hours Pre would be like 3am...and I don't stomach Plain fruit well so. Would a whey shake with some blueberries an hour or so pre work? Then carb up till bed.
    Q2
    Is for my wife started keto 2 weeks ago has been doing great, she would like to have a night out with the girls she doesn't want to mess up what she has going but would like to have a drink and a cheat meal. Should she eat reg keto all day then cheat meal ? Should she watch fat intake for the day ? I did tell her about keto and alcohol she says she will just have one... Heard that before ��
    I would have something like a protein shake with some berrys or something like that for breakfast, do your workout, then carb-up the rest of the day.

For your wife, I'd suggest she eats keto all day, does a depletion type workout, have a protein shake and then go out with the girls and eat that carb meal. Next morning, it's back to keto.

Women can't do the same size carb-ups as guys can.

And yes, it's true that keto makes you a very cheap date. Tell her to drink plenty of water between each alcoholic drink. Otherwise, she'll be sorry in the morning.

nowheateater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nowheateater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nowheateater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nowheateater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nowheateater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nowheateater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nowheateater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nowheateater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nowheateater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nowheateater has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nowheateater has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    I would have something like a protein shake with some berrys or something like that for breakfast, do your workout, then carb-up the rest of the day.

For your wife, I'd suggest she eats keto all day, does a depletion type workout, have a protein shake and then go out with the girls and eat that carb meal. Next morning, it's back to keto.

Women can't do the same size carb-ups as guys can.
    Thanks so much for the advise. The shake with blueberries was good and gave me a bit of energy to do my depletion. My wife is looking foward to a cheat and drink she has lost 10 lbs already and deserves it. Thanks again
    No Grain...No Pain... Gluten free since 2007

neelyboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) neelyboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) neelyboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) neelyboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) neelyboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) neelyboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) neelyboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) neelyboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) neelyboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) neelyboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) neelyboy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Stick with whatever workout works for you. There's no need to mess with a plan that's giving results.
    I'm still starting out though, so I'm just wondering basically what would you recommend. Does it make a difference/is it overtraining if I do 2 days, splitting upper and lower body between the 2, then depletion OR doing 3 days of bis/back, tris/chest, legs/shoulders/abs then depletion?
    -Support REAL hip-hop...Lupe Fiasco/Nas/Big L/Jay-Z/Chamillionaire/Black Star/One Be Lo/Outkast/Eminem/Wu tang/AZ.
    -Arrested Development = greatest show of all time.
    - Proud fan of the NASHTY Phoenix Suns.

Originally Posted by neelyboy View Post
    I'm still starting out though, so I'm just wondering basically what would you recommend. Does it make a difference/is it overtraining if I do 2 days, splitting upper and lower body between the 2, then depletion OR doing 3 days of bis/back, tris/chest, legs/shoulders/abs then depletion?
    If it works on carbs, it will work on keto. The only difference I'd suggest is that you keep your workout short and intense. Don't plan on spending two hours in the pit. If you find yourself flagging, allow slightly longer rests between sets, but don't drop the weights.

LindaAlbert has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    a very nice thread to learn completely about Keto..
    Thanks everyone for spending lot of time and sharing wide knowledge about keto.

jtturbo is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtturbo is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtturbo is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtturbo is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtturbo is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtturbo is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtturbo is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtturbo is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtturbo is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtturbo is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtturbo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi, I think I am going to try keto, I'm 5'10", 145 lbs but still kind of fat and pudgy. I have lost 15-20 lbs just on calorie defecit so far but now the fat isn't coming off, around the legs and stomach. I'm less concerned with my actual weight, more about the cosmetic part of weight loss, so keto seems right. Should I be on a calorie defecit too or can I eat 2000 calories a day (my calculated basic metabolic rate)? Should I shoot for 50g of carbs or less?

Originally Posted by jtturbo View Post
    Hi, I think I am going to try keto, I'm 5'10", 145 lbs but still kind of fat and pudgy. I have lost 15-20 lbs just on calorie defecit so far but now the fat isn't coming off, around the legs and stomach. I'm less concerned with my actual weight, more about the cosmetic part of weight loss, so keto seems right. Should I be on a calorie defecit too or can I eat 2000 calories a day (my calculated basic metabolic rate)? Should I shoot for 50g of carbs or less?
    Are you male or female? 145lb is very light for your height.

I'd try eating at your maintenance, but keeping the carbs very low, under 30g, while lifting hard, and see what happens. At your weight, any change is going to be slow.

jtturbo is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtturbo is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtturbo is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtturbo is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtturbo is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtturbo is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtturbo is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtturbo is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtturbo is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtturbo is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtturbo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Are you male or female? 145lb is very light for your height.

I'd try eating at your maintenance, but keeping the carbs very low, under 30g, while lifting hard, and see what happens. At your weight, any change is going to be slow.
    Thanks for the recommendation. I'm male. I know the 145 seems light and I have no idea how I weigh so little yet don't look the part at all. I still have love handles and plenty of stomach fat, and a lot of fat on the chest and back. I have an average amount of muscle too, it's not like I'm all fat. I used to be 165 and looked probably 190. I think it is because I have a very bulky frame with broad shoulders and wide hips (pretty much the worst aesthetic set up ever). College student with no time to lift right now, will probably start again in the summer. But right now, until mid May, to cut fat, I will obviously need to be under my maintencence level, but the thing is, I HAVE been, 500 calories a day, and my weight has plateaued. So for the next few weeks I want to lose fat on diet alone, what should I do?

Switch up your diet. Moving to keto should help. And if you are not hungry, don't eat. Many people find that when they go keto, they can reduce calories without hunger for a while. It doesn't last forever, so make the most of it.

I would also suggest adding in some weights, even if it's only squatting with a kettlebell in the kitchen while you wait for the coffee to make, or a couple of sets of press-ups when you have three minutes.

Khainpride will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khainpride will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khainpride will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khainpride will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khainpride will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khainpride will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khainpride will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khainpride will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khainpride will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khainpride will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khainpride will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    205 lb

110'ish fat grams per day

150'ish protein

20 or less carbs

8th day on keto, no carb up

Had intense workout today, short bursts and lifting a lot of weight... fat adapted already?

I also workout fasted(morning) + have white flood as a pre workout.

monk27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) monk27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) monk27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) monk27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) monk27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) monk27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) monk27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) monk27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) monk27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) monk27 will become famous soon enough. (+50) monk27 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Eileen guru queen of keto, thank you for all your great information on keto. I have a question, do i have to do cardio on a skd or ckd? can i just get a way with heavy lifts? my routine are:

Mon: chest/calves
    tues: back/abs
    wed: arms
    thurs: off/ abs
    fri: shoulders/traps
    sat: legs
    sun: off/ abs

my stats: 5'8 170lb bf: 20% i think?
    not sure if im eating enough or maybe too much, i dont really count calories i just go by what i think.
    wake up take a fat burner (cellucor super hd 2 caps) atm
    breakfast: 3 large eggs with 1tbsp coconut oil and some hot sauce
    lunch: can of tuna with 1tbsp mayo, hot sauce and broc or some sort of veggies
    preworkout: craze
    post: 1 scoop of O.N. whey 5grams of creatine, 15gs dextrose
    dinner: 5-7oz chicken w/skin eatten, 1tbsp mayo, hot sauce and broc or some sort of veggies
    I drink a ton of water, and usually pee a lot. pee usually dilute but sometimes its neon bc of the multi vitamin
    supps are:
    i take 3pills of fish oil, 3 pills of cla, 3pill optimen multi vit. 1 pill of green tea xtrac

would really appreciate your input. thank you very much!

Food sounds fine. Without calculating it myself, I can't tell exactly, but it looks okay. Are you hungry, or do you struggle to finish the meals? Aim for about 13-14 cals per pound of LEAN mass.

Heavy lifting gets priority, but cardio is always good. Think of it as lifting for the heart.

shadowik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi, im a male and my stats are 5,4 ft / 194,1lb.
    My goals are lose all fat weight and gain muscle mass.
    This keto diet is recommended for me?
    What i have to do, to know what i have to eat and how much i have to eat?
    Im new at this forum, so any help are welcome.
    Thanks.

Do you know your bodyfat?

What sort of diet do you eat now? Do you work out?

Juturna67 is just really nice. (+1000) Juturna67 is just really nice. (+1000) Juturna67 is just really nice. (+1000) Juturna67 is just really nice. (+1000) Juturna67 is just really nice. (+1000) Juturna67 is just really nice. (+1000) Juturna67 is just really nice. (+1000) Juturna67 is just really nice. (+1000) Juturna67 is just really nice. (+1000) Juturna67 is just really nice. (+1000) Juturna67 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Can someone critique my diet? I go to school in the morning and work in the afternoon/evening so it is hard for me to cook everyday. Please feel free to make suggestions and alter the diet.

Breakfast: 3 whole eggs, 5 egg whites.

2nd meal: ON Gold Standard protein shake and 2 table spoons of natty PB

3rd meal: Chicken Breast with some veggies

4th meal: ON Gold Standard protein shake and 2 table spoons of natty PB

5th meal: 1/2 lb of Kirkland Lean 91/9 beef 3 eggs

6th meal: ON Gold Standard protein shake and 2 table spoons of natty PB

Also, if I read correctly, the OP said to eat more fat than protein but using the calculator on post #6, it said to consume 200+ grams of protein and 170 grams of fat.
    La Selección Mexicana
    Club America
    Chelsea FC
    Vitor Belfort

What does it add up to? Looks like an awful lot of protein compared with fat.

Juturna67 is just really nice. (+1000) Juturna67 is just really nice. (+1000) Juturna67 is just really nice. (+1000) Juturna67 is just really nice. (+1000) Juturna67 is just really nice. (+1000) Juturna67 is just really nice. (+1000) Juturna67 is just really nice. (+1000) Juturna67 is just really nice. (+1000) Juturna67 is just really nice. (+1000) Juturna67 is just really nice. (+1000) Juturna67 is just really nice. (+1000)
    What does it add up to? Looks like an awful lot of protein compared with fat.
    I just added 1/4 cup of Trader Joe's Raw Almonds. I added everything up on MyFitnessPal. According to the app I am at 1908 calories 50% fat 42% protein and 8% carbs.
    La Selección Mexicana
    Club America
    Chelsea FC
    Vitor Belfort

Still a bit unbalanced. Lower protein and up fats.

JasonHannen is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonHannen is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonHannen is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonHannen is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonHannen is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonHannen is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonHannen is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonHannen is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonHannen is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonHannen is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonHannen is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Juturna67 View Post
    Can someone critique my diet? I go to school in the morning and work in the afternoon/evening so it is hard for me to cook everyday. Please feel free to make suggestions and alter the diet.

Breakfast: 3 whole eggs, 5 egg whites.

2nd meal: ON Gold Standard protein shake and 2 table spoons of natty PB

3rd meal: Chicken Breast with some veggies

4th meal: ON Gold Standard protein shake and 2 table spoons of natty PB

5th meal: 1/2 lb of Kirkland Lean 91/9 beef 3 eggs

6th meal: ON Gold Standard protein shake and 2 table spoons of natty PB

Also, if I read correctly, the OP said to eat more fat than protein but using the calculator on post #6, it said to consume 200+ grams of protein and 170 grams of fat.
    No one who is offering good advice will critique your diet, You will not eat this same meal for the remainder fo your keto diet so its pointless, Hit your Macro's. Read the Stickies.

170gms of fat provides more calories than 200gms of protein so only consider the grams you need to hit your macros.

Sign up to myfitnesspal.com and log your diet in there. this way you will see if you are hitting your macros.
    “I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may.”...... TYLER DURDEN

"Peace, Love & F*'king"...... JASON HANNEN

http://www.facebook.com/TurkHammer
    Twitter: @JaysWestHamFans

Still a bit unbalanced. Lower protein and up fats.
    Altered it a bit.

Breakfast: 4 eggs 5 egg whites + 2 Controlled Labs OxiMega Fish Oil pills
    Snack: ON Gold Star(1 scoop) protein shake with 2 Tbsp of Laura Scudder's Natural PB Smooth-Unsalted
    Lunch: 4oz of Chicken breast with lettuce and spinach + 1/4 cup of Trader Joe's Raw Almonds
    Dinner: 2 Tbsp of Star Extra Virgin Olive Oil with 8oz(1/2 pound) Kirkland Lean 91/9 Ground Beef
    PWO Snack: ON Gold Star(1 scoop) protein shake with 2 Tbsp of Laura Scudder's Natural PB Smooth-Unsalted

1918 Calories. 59% Fat 36% Protein 5% Carbs
    La Selección Mexicana
    Club America
    Chelsea FC
    Vitor Belfort

jsnake513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsnake513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsnake513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsnake513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsnake513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsnake513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsnake513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsnake513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsnake513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsnake513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsnake513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

great info on this thread, mainly because of Eileen, thanks for your input!
    I have been in Keto for about 3 weeks now, felt the same side effect you have all felt.. first 3 days of weakness, headaches, heartburn, and strength lost. My fourth day felt the sustained energy, better concentration, better sleep, and NO insulin spikes and crazy sugar crashes!

diet consists of spinach, broccoli, pistachios, eggs, ground turkey, chicken breast, chicken drums, salmon, and tuna fish, steak, beef jerky, pepper jack, muenster, mozzarella, and cheddar cheese's, olive, coconut, and fish oils, ON whey, power peanut butter, gallons of water; and just added some coffee w/ cream n equal.

i have been true to my diet, and probably have depleted all the glycogen stores in my liver and muscles. My question to the forum is....
    CKD nor TKD
    instead of having a "carb-load" and instead of having carbs pre- and post workout, can i have it intra-workout? i was thinking something like Gaspari's Size-on or creatine + waxi-maize mix.

EDIT: sugar is about 40 grams for size-on... or 60g of waxi-maize

EDIT(2): just found the answer to my question

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5863761&page=1

well then is this good for a post workout? or is it too much sugar?
    Last edited by jsnake513; 04-27-2012 at 01:28 AM. Reason: edit

Your Milage May Vary. Totally depends on your age, health, gender, muscle mass and workout intensity.

If you do something like this, keep careful notes and share your results with us.

The man who stares at ass Kabananga's Avatar
    Kabananga is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kabananga is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kabananga is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kabananga is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kabananga is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kabananga is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kabananga is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kabananga is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kabananga is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kabananga is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kabananga is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    weird question perhaps, but is it okay to take aspirin or any other drugs against headaches when you get keto headaches? Because lots of people seem to complain about headaches, while it only takes a pill to get rid of them. I'm going to start my first time keto tomorrow, and I want to be prepared :3
    "Kabananga is believed to be the leader in penis-size to wealth ratio (ala crazy/hot scale) with 3 inches ahead of other prominent CEO's." ~ Time Magazine

Words and logic are just inventions of the patriarchy to enslave women - #yesallwomen

~~ Patek or bust ~~

You can, but the keto headache is a minor thing that many people don't get. Don't go cold turkey on coffee, which is much more likely to cause a headache.

jsnake513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsnake513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsnake513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsnake513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsnake513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsnake513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsnake513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsnake513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsnake513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsnake513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsnake513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    eat something when/if you get the headache.. thats what helped me out.

KetoRookie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wonderful thread full of great info.
    Got a question. I have done all the formulas and figured out my macros; my question is:
    Do I have to equally divide the number of grams of fat/protein/carbs and incorporate them into the planned meals uniformly?
    OR
    can I just make sure I eat the required grams of fat/protein/carbs by the end of the day in no particular order?

The reason I ask is because I have developed a spreadsheet that counts down the remaining calories of fat/protein/carbs after each meal and eat appropriately to meet my macros needs.

Originally Posted by KetoRookie View Post
    Wonderful thread full of great info.
    Got a question. I have done all the formulas and figured out my macros; my question is:
    Do I have to equally divide the number of grams of fat/protein/carbs and incorporate them into the planned meals uniformly?
    OR
    can I just make sure I eat the required grams of fat/protein/carbs by the end of the day in no particular order?

The reason I ask is because I have developed a spreadsheet that counts down the remaining calories of fat/protein/carbs after each meal and eat appropriately to meet my macros needs.
    Good question, i cant answer it, but i personally find it easier to manage my meals while Keto.. I think the order depends on the person, everyone has to deal with work and school and timing may sometimes be an inconvenience.. i do try to keep fats and carbs separate.. (unless its the olive oil on my spinach n broccoli).. When it comes to carbs i do have a specific order.. but fats and protein i just snack on all day, dont really pay attention to when..
    For example for carbs il do my veggies around 12pm, maybe again at 5pm, then my fruits pre-workout, and postworkout il have my protein shake containing the most carbs..
    For protein and fats.. Mornings i always do boiled eggs with cheese, throughout the day il mix it up.. and before bed il do peanut butter, so "to each its own"