Page 5 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    Location: Surrey, Walton on thames, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    Over the counter? You've got to be joking. It's in this weird category where it can only be taken if prescribed by a doctor, but no doctor will prescribe it, because the chemists don't stock it, and the chemists don't stock it because the doctors don't prescribe it. So it's mail order, and hope it doesn't get stopped by the Irish Medicine Board.
    Me too, im almost constantly hungry on this new diet and an EC stack will help me control that. Although i really don't know if im in ketosis yet which is annoying.

Also wondering, on my carb up day on my 2nd week of the diet is it high carbs, high protein and low fat with one cheat meal?

Thankyou again, been a great help.
    Current Lifts - B 140kg x 5| S 185kg x 3 | D 200kg x 6 | Front S 130kg x 5 |

☆☆☆ υк ¢яєω ☆☆☆

☆☆☆ MISC INK CREW ☆☆☆

☆☆☆ Occasional competitor crew ☆☆☆

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yes, but ideally no cheat meal. If you must have the cheat, then keep all your calories a bit lower. If you are carbing on chicken breast and brown rice, then you can shovel in a load of food. If you add pizza and fries to the mix, you've got to reduce the overall calories.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

russian_bear will become famous soon enough. (+50) russian_bear will become famous soon enough. (+50) russian_bear will become famous soon enough. (+50) russian_bear will become famous soon enough. (+50) russian_bear will become famous soon enough. (+50) russian_bear will become famous soon enough. (+50) russian_bear will become famous soon enough. (+50) russian_bear will become famous soon enough. (+50) russian_bear will become famous soon enough. (+50) russian_bear will become famous soon enough. (+50) russian_bear will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    so ive been on keto for like 4 or 5 weeks now i think.. and it seems that im doing it right cuz i lost 14 lbs and now i have a solid 4pack and a faint 6pack :P

but still, I would just like to make sure that my meal plan is all good...
    im gonna outline my average day in terms of food i consume and i would greatly appreciate to get some feedback on that.

so here we go...

Breakfast:
    2 eggs with a tbsp of olive oil, a slice of havarti cheese (30grams), a slice of turkey, multivitamin, 2 capsules of fish oil with omega3s

Lunch: a keto-brownie (made of a whole egg, 1 tbsp of PB, 1 scoop of protein - 1gr of carb and 28gr of protein , 1 tbsp of olive oil, a splash of milk and water)

Post-workout: a protein shake with milk and 5 gr of creatine (in total 10grams of carbs, 35 grams of protein, 280 cals)

Dinner: some sort of meat (lean chicken/ extra lean ham / ground beef etc, slice of havarti cheese, mustard (0 calories )

Pre-bed - if im hungry id have like 1-2 eggs.

drink lots n lots n LOTS of water

so what do you keto-gurus think?

thx in advance
    My finished SUMMER CUT thread - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=123993751
    My transformation thread - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125733693

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Where are the vegetables?

Registered User moonshinebabe33's Avatar
    moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Protein shakes receipe

I have a question for The Guru!!!

Is Unsweetened Soya Milk ok to have in this plan? I bought some thinking I would jazz up my protein shakes, as I'm getting bored of the same stuff

Would be

200ml soya milk 0.2 carbs per 100g, s
    20 cals per 100ml
    1 scoop of iso cake batter flavour
    1 tablesp natural unsweetened pb
    ice
    maybe a squirt of sugarfree syrup hazlehut flavour.
    1 tsp cocoa poweder (baking not drinking kind)

thoughts?

X
    Euphoria is a heightened feeling of happiness :-)

Not as a PWO shake (keep that simple and fat free) but you could try that as a meal replacement.

I've found that the soy milk (Alpro?) is interesting if you use some of it in sugar-free jelly. It sets it much quicker than with water, and changes the flavour.

russian_bear will become famous soon enough. (+50) russian_bear will become famous soon enough. (+50) russian_bear will become famous soon enough. (+50) russian_bear will become famous soon enough. (+50) russian_bear will become famous soon enough. (+50) russian_bear will become famous soon enough. (+50) russian_bear will become famous soon enough. (+50) russian_bear will become famous soon enough. (+50) russian_bear will become famous soon enough. (+50) russian_bear will become famous soon enough. (+50) russian_bear will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    im confused how to include veggies if the veggies have carbss :S
    My finished SUMMER CUT thread - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=123993751
    My transformation thread - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125733693

You've just proved you haven't read a single sticky. They all tell you how to calculate the carbs in vegetables, which are necessary, and which you should eat.

moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question

Not as a PWO shake (keep that simple and fat free) but you could try that as a meal replacement.

I've found that the soy milk (Alpro?) is interesting if you use some of it in sugar-free jelly. It sets it much quicker than with water, and changes the flavour.
    Hi
    no it wasn't meant to be as a PWOS I just have 1 scoop with water and that's it.
    I was thinking as an afternoon snack (minus pb) or as meal replacement.

Any thoughts on Warden Farms zero carb sauces ? I have some and really want to use them to make my meals more interesting! What about shirataki noodles which are very very low carb? I think they are 2g or something.
    I'm now on OWL and just starting to add in some berries today. Really missed fruit & nuts- but don't worry I'm not going to go crazy! Just a handful of berries to start. I love Brazil nuts

tummy still isn't on form tonight. It really didn't like what I ate last night

Never managed to get any of the Walden Farm stuff. I did get some very nice sugar-free fruit syrup in France, can't remember the name but definitely not WF. Heard good things about it, though.

Never got the noodles either, but I've always felt that pasta was a waste of calories, no matter what diet you are on.

What did you eat last night?

Smile Re Walden Farms

Hi

I managed to get zero carb stuff at lowcarbmegastore dot com. They also sell the da vinchi syrups. The carb free noodles are out if stock however, thetate expecting a delivery anytime and they are bound to sell out quickly.

Last night, I ate chicken and pan fried veg in evoo. 1 tbsp WF BBQ dressing, and 75g blackberries after. not a great deal as my tummy was still iffy !

Weighed myself this morning and lost 1 lb. Probably water loss!!

Having new measurements and fat % taken on Friday at my gym. Fingers cross my bf % has gone down again.

Getting fed up with people telling me to stop losing weight! It's sooo annoying! I just want to tell 'em to feck off! Lol!

X

iMass is just really nice. (+1000) iMass is just really nice. (+1000) iMass is just really nice. (+1000) iMass is just really nice. (+1000) iMass is just really nice. (+1000) iMass is just really nice. (+1000) iMass is just really nice. (+1000) iMass is just really nice. (+1000) iMass is just really nice. (+1000) iMass is just really nice. (+1000) iMass is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey Eileen,

here's a sample of the types of food I eat on an average day, could you possibly tell me if I'm on the right track for keto?

Breakfeast:
    4 scrambled eggs (made with olive oil) with two slices of Kirkland (costco) turkey breast
    and a diced up hebrew nation hot dog

Snack:
    two turkey slices and 1/2 a cup of almonds and 4 slimjim beef jerkys

lunch:
    4 hard boiled eggs and a cup of broccoli

Preworkout: no xplode

post workout : 1 scoop of optimum nutrition in water

total p/f/c
    129.7/132/32.2
    28%/65%/7%

total 1840 calories

Is there anything wrong? Any constructive criticism is gladdly appreciated
    ♦ ɴɣϲ ϲrew ♦
    S&P Crew
    Misc Strength Crew

More veg. One cup of broccoli is not enough.

I'd like to see more fresh meat, less deli stuff like hot dogs and turkey slices and slimjims. Roast a batch of chicken drumsticks and use those instead.

What's for dinner?

TODJA77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TODJA77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TODJA77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TODJA77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TODJA77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TODJA77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TODJA77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TODJA77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TODJA77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TODJA77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TODJA77 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What pre-workout supplements can I take while doing the keto diet? Would taking something like no-xpolde or no-shotgun throw me out of ketosis?

If they don't have sugar, they're fine. Most people like a cup of black coffee, coconut oil optional.

atmilner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Eileen,

I've been reading through threads and you seem to be very knowledgeable on keto, ckd, and tkd. Also, I have researched this quite a bit recently and decided it could work very well for me. I was originally swayed but the Anabolic Diet by Mauro DiP. (I am one to experiment and always try new things). So, I've got my diet and everything down, but can't seem to find anyone to answer some questions.

Yes, I have my macros correct and have already started the diet.

1) Why not use whey prewo? Does the "rule" of not having fat too close to your workout (interfering with protein synthesis) still apply even though you should be transitioning to using fat for fuel?

2) Why do some people add fats to their whey postwo? Even though you're adapted to burning fat, don't you still want the whey to digest/absorb ASAP?

orelz will become famous soon enough. (+50) orelz will become famous soon enough. (+50) orelz will become famous soon enough. (+50) orelz will become famous soon enough. (+50) orelz will become famous soon enough. (+50) orelz will become famous soon enough. (+50) orelz will become famous soon enough. (+50) orelz will become famous soon enough. (+50) orelz will become famous soon enough. (+50) orelz will become famous soon enough. (+50) orelz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    all who do keto-diet must carb-up? even if i dont lift?

Originally Posted by orelz View Post
    all who do keto-diet must carb-up? even if i dont lift?
    If you don't lift, you don't carb up. Even if you do lift, keep your carb-up in proportion to the intensity of your lifting. A couple of moderate sessions a week does not justify a 36 hour 5000 cal carb-up.

Originally Posted by atmilner View Post
    1) Why not use whey prewo? Does the "rule" of not having fat too close to your workout (interfering with protein synthesis) still apply even though you should be transitioning to using fat for fuel?

2) Why do some people add fats to their whey postwo? Even though you're adapted to burning fat, don't you still want the whey to digest/absorb ASAP?
    It's more a case of Why would you use whey pre workout? The body needs energy for the workout, and it will take what it can get. If you take whey before, it will burn the whey for energy. If you don't, it will continue to burn fat. The benefit of whey is for muscle repair and rebuilding, but that's where the post workout whey comes in. If you feel you need extra energy for the workout, then a fat like coconut oil is good.

Very few people add fat to post workout shake. You are right, you do want the whey absorbed as quickly as possible, so keep the shake simple. Whey, small amount of dextrose, bit of creatine.

orelz will become famous soon enough. (+50) orelz will become famous soon enough. (+50) orelz will become famous soon enough. (+50) orelz will become famous soon enough. (+50) orelz will become famous soon enough. (+50) orelz will become famous soon enough. (+50) orelz will become famous soon enough. (+50) orelz will become famous soon enough. (+50) orelz will become famous soon enough. (+50) orelz will become famous soon enough. (+50) orelz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you don't lift, you don't carb up. Even if you do lift, keep your carb-up in proportion to the intensity of your lifting. A couple of moderate sessions a week does not justify a 36 hour 5000 cal carb-up.
    but when you low-carb, your glycogen storages empty, no? so no need the carb-up? for metabolisam and bla bla..

It's more a case of Why would you use whey pre workout? The body needs energy for the workout, and it will take what it can get. If you take whey before, it will burn the whey for energy. If you don't, it will continue to burn fat. The benefit of whey is for muscle repair and rebuilding, but that's where the post workout whey comes in. If you feel you need extra energy for the workout, then a fat like coconut oil is good.

Very few people add fat to post workout shake. You are right, you do want the whey absorbed as quickly as possible, so keep the shake simple. Whey, small amount of dextrose, bit of creatine.
    I have always read and heard to use whey before and after to maximize protein synthesis and recovery. I would think, especially in a calorie deficit, that you would begin sacrificing muscle to gluconeogenesis if you did not use whey prewo.

but when you low-carb, your glycogen storages empty, no? so no need the carb-up? for metabolisam and bla bla..
    If you are not lifting, you don't need glycogen. Glycogen is basically a sugar solution in your body. You don't need it for metabolism. You can lift without any glycogen, but it's much harder and the results will be less impressive.

I have always read and heard to use whey before and after to maximize protein synthesis and recovery. I would think, especially in a calorie deficit, that you would begin sacrificing muscle to gluconeogenesis if you did not use whey prewo.
    What is this obsession that people have with muscle sacrifice? It's a concern if you are in a calorie deficit and you are sub 5% bodyfat, because you literally have nothing else to burn. If you have a nice layer of fat, that's what your body will burn if you get it a chance.

The sub 5% guys have a totally different approach to eating to the rest of us who would love to shift the squishy bits.

The point of going into a gym and lifting heavy is it cause micro-damage to the muscles, so that the body will repair them bigger and stronger. If you managed to provide such a muscle friendly environment that no damage occurred at all, your muscles are not going to get bigger. You go in, thrash your muscles, THEN give them the protein they need to do repairs.

If you are not lifting, you don't need glycogen. Glycogen is basically a sugar solution in your body. You don't need it for metabolism. You can lift without any glycogen, but it's much harder and the results will be less impressive.
    all the pepoles told me i should do carb-up on my diet beacuse i eating daily 30-40 carbs, so i dont should do the carb-up if im not lifting?

If you are lifting, your muscles with grab the carbs on your carb-up and shove them into your muscles. If you are not lifting hard, all those carbs will just refill your liver glycogen, knock you out of ketosis and set you back half a week.

If you are just lifting occasionally, then you are better just to take FEW extra carbs in your PWO shake, and not carb-up.

People have this notion that carbs are essential. They are not. You can use a CKD type diet to manipulate your hormones to get a better result, but you've got to be pounding the iron as well.

If you are lifting, your muscles with grab the carbs on your carb-up and shove them into your muscles. If you are not lifting hard, all those carbs will just refill your liver glycogen, knock you out of ketosis and set you back half a week.

If you are just lifting occasionally, then you are better just to take FEW extra carbs in your PWO shake, and not carb-up.

People have this notion that carbs are essential. They are not. You can use a CKD type diet to manipulate your hormones to get a better result, but you've got to be pounding the iron as well.
    but if im not lifting, and my daily carbs are 20 grams, carb up once a week can do any damage?

What is this obsession that people have with muscle sacrifice? It's a concern if you are in a calorie deficit and you are sub 5% bodyfat, because you literally have nothing else to burn. If you have a nice layer of fat, that's what your body will burn if you get it a chance.

The sub 5% guys have a totally different approach to eating to the rest of us who would love to shift the squishy bits.

The point of going into a gym and lifting heavy is it cause micro-damage to the muscles, so that the body will repair them bigger and stronger. If you managed to provide such a muscle friendly environment that no damage occurred at all, your muscles are not going to get bigger. You go in, thrash your muscles, THEN give them the protein they need to do repairs.

Its not really so much of an obsession as much as it is that I want optimal results and I certainly dont want to give up anything I worked that hard for if there is a better way that will allow me to retain as much muscle as possible. I understand the breaking down and rebuilding and all that, however, there have been many articles and things written that show that prewo nutrition is more beneficial to retaining muscle and that postwo is second. I actually read that today. Based on that prewo actually jumpstarts protein synthesis and provides protein to your muscles beyond the time that your workout is over. Do I know if this is 100% accurate? Of course not. I just want the most optimal for every workout, although I know it all comes down to cals in vs cals out and what type of cals youre taking in as to retaining muscle mass or losing it and losing fat. I do thank you for sharing your opinions and discussing these things with me, so dont think I am just trying to disagree.

I know that if you have tons of fat to lose then its really very simple and you will burn fat most of the time. However, I am sub 10% bodyfat and to me optimal results are important.

but if im not lifting, and my daily carbs are 20 grams, carb up once a week can do any damage?
    Yes!

You're determined not to hear this, but if you are not lifting, you can't carb up. It's as simple as that. No lifting means you do SKD.

If you are not lifting and you carb-up, it's a giant cheat, and will undo all your work over the week.

Its not really so much of an obsession as much as it is that I want optimal results and I certainly dont want to give up anything I worked that hard for if there is a better way that will allow me to retain as much muscle as possible. I understand the breaking down and rebuilding and all that, however, there have been many articles and things written that show that prewo nutrition is more beneficial to retaining muscle and that postwo is second. I actually read that today. Based on that prewo actually jumpstarts protein synthesis and provides protein to your muscles beyond the time that your workout is over. Do I know if this is 100% accurate? Of course not. I just want the most optimal for every workout, although I know it all comes down to cals in vs cals out and what type of cals youre taking in as to retaining muscle mass or losing it and losing fat. I do thank you for sharing your opinions and discussing these things with me, so dont think I am just trying to disagree.

I know that if you have tons of fat to lose then its really very simple and you will burn fat most of the time. However, I am sub 10% bodyfat and to me optimal results are important.

Then try it both ways. Do a couple of weeks of taking whey pre-workout, and a couple of weeks of coffee and coconut oil, and see which gives you the best results when you look in the mirror.

Don't go by how you feel in the gym. I know lots of people who guzzle energy drinks and swear it gives them fantastic energy for lifting, but the results are not showing up in definition.

Yes!

You're determined not to hear this, but if you are not lifting, you can't carb up. It's as simple as that. No lifting means you do SKD.

If you are not lifting and you carb-up, it's a giant cheat, and will undo all your work over the week.
    but i understand that if i low-carbing, my glycogen storages getting empty?
    what its SKD?