Page 6 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast
    Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    SKD is standard ketogenic diet.

Yes, but you don't NEED glycogen. On keto you are burning ketones instead.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

orelz will become famous soon enough. (+50) orelz will become famous soon enough. (+50) orelz will become famous soon enough. (+50) orelz will become famous soon enough. (+50) orelz will become famous soon enough. (+50) orelz will become famous soon enough. (+50) orelz will become famous soon enough. (+50) orelz will become famous soon enough. (+50) orelz will become famous soon enough. (+50) orelz will become famous soon enough. (+50) orelz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    if i were doing SKD i should carb-up?

berraco47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) berraco47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) berraco47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) berraco47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) berraco47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) berraco47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) berraco47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) berraco47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) berraco47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) berraco47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) berraco47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by orelz View Post
    but i understand that if i low-carbing, my glycogen storages getting empty?
    what its SKD?
    Your glycogen stores aren't emptying unless you are lifting weights.

patelb7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Eileen, thanks for all the great info. My question to you is it possible to be in ketosis in one day?

Here is a little background regarding my situation. I did RFL for 12 days which ended last Wednesday. I took a week off from dieting while I was vacation. During this time I made sure I carbed up. Anyway, I started keto yesterday and the ketostix were showing trace-small ketones. Today, they are showing moderate-large ketones. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yes, it's very possible, particularly if you do distance cardio, or have done keto before. Typically, the very first time you do keto, it takes about three days to get into ketosis. After that, it usually takes one or two days, and can take less. I can do it in about six hours by putting a lot of milage on my bike.

Location: Liverpool, Merseyside, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    jack12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jack12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jack12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jack12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jack12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jack12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jack12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jack12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jack12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jack12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jack12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I started keto on monday, my weight was fluctuating between 168 and 171
    weighed this morning at 163.1 !
    Obviously alot of water weight!

Im planning on doing keto for about 4-5 weeks. Im not sure though how much weight should i add back when i go back to a normal diet?? Im planning on gradually introducing carbs into my diet again by adding like 30/50g every 5/7 days back into my diet.

You'll see how much you gain and lose on your carb-up. That's the water weight. You'll put that back when you start eating carbs again.

Location: Liverpool, Merseyside, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    jack12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jack12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jack12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jack12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jack12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jack12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jack12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jack12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jack12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jack12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jack12345 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    You'll see how much you gain and lose on your carb-up. That's the water weight. You'll put that back when you start eating carbs again.
    im going to leave carbing up for another week or two, if i carbed up this first week (which nobody should apperently) then i would probably go straight back to 170ish

Hopefully it will all work out and will be worth it at the end of it

patelb7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yes, it's very possible, particularly if you do distance cardio, or have done keto before. Typically, the very first time you do keto, it takes about three days to get into ketosis. After that, it usually takes one or two days, and can take less. I can do it in about six hours by putting a lot of milage on my bike.
    Thanks for the reply. I did play about 2 hours of basketball and lifted for 50 mins. That probably did it.

lizzylamb is a name known to all. (+5000) lizzylamb is a name known to all. (+5000) lizzylamb is a name known to all. (+5000) lizzylamb is a name known to all. (+5000) lizzylamb is a name known to all. (+5000) lizzylamb is a name known to all. (+5000) lizzylamb is a name known to all. (+5000) lizzylamb is a name known to all. (+5000) lizzylamb is a name known to all. (+5000) lizzylamb is a name known to all. (+5000) lizzylamb is a name known to all. (+5000)
    so today is the beginning of my carb up day. I did my depletion workout, but my lifts wern't as good as they usually are. Is this normal? Should I still go ahead with my carb up

Pass The Refridgerator kudostojen's Avatar
    kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by lizzylamb View Post
    so today is the beginning of my carb up day. I did my depletion workout, but my lifts wern't as good as they usually are. Is this normal? Should I still go ahead with my carb up
    Yes, this is normal because you're glycogen depleted. It's recommended to take in some carbs a few hours before your depletion w/o to help with that.

"If we wait for the moment when everything, absolutely everything is ready, we shall never begin."
    Ivan Turgenev

If You Can't Stand Behind Our Troops, Feel Free To Stand in Front of Them ..

gymbeam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    been on the diet now for a few days and i feel my protein is good not sure on the fat though,

i was wondering what happens if you dont take in enough fat?

cheers

You get hungry.

Registered User moonshinebabe33's Avatar
    moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Eileen,
    I have bought some Xanthum gum... Can you tell me if it has carbs, or is it zero carbs? It doesn't have any nutritional info on the label.

I used it in a protein shake last night- the stuffs brilliant!

Thanks

fiona
    Euphoria is a heightened feeling of happiness :-)

For the amount you'd use, zero carbs. It's hard to get proper info, but the carbs seem to be fiber and the amount you use at a time is tiny. I normally get about six months out of 100g of the stuff.

moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moonshinebabe33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lightbulb lightbulb moment!

zero carbs...........thats FAB!!!!!!!!!

At least now I can thicken my shakes, & homemade graveys, sauces etc.

superduper stuff!

Can I use it to make a mock ice-cream? like make up a chocolate protein shake and stuff it in the freezer?

Thanks Eileen you are a BABE!

Not as a PWO shake (keep that simple and fat free) but you could try that as a meal replacement.

I've found that the soy milk (Alpro?) is interesting if you use some of it in sugar-free jelly. It sets it much quicker than with water, and changes the flavour.
    I use Morrisons own....unsweetened. Very low on carbs and only 20 cal per 100ml. Cant really go wrong with that. The Alpro values are much higher.

Never managed to get any of the Walden Farm stuff. I did get some very nice sugar-free fruit syrup in France, can't remember the name but definitely not WF. Heard good things about it, though.

Never got the noodles either, but I've always felt that pasta was a waste of calories, no matter what diet you are on.

What did you eat last night?
    Hi (again) im replying to all your replys from a while ago while i have the chance!

I managed to order in some Shirataki noodles, they are almost zero carbs and 10 cals per 100g. I found a site where they are .99p per pack.

Im going crazy with eating the same stuff so this will be a nice change for me to bulk out some meals.

Started getting inventive in the kitchen with home-made turkey burgers with seasoning!

EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Has anyone ever done this???

My first carb up is this weekend. I have an idea of how I need to schedule it since I will be eating with the family and with my girlfriends family. I need to start my carb up in the afternoon Saturday and last til lunch Sunday.

I'm basing this assumption, that this will work, on the fact that some people use a weekly calorie system and it works just fine. This will be a two day calorie and macro count.

Will it be ok if I have breakfast through lunch like normal keto, high fat, then switch it in the afternoon to low fat/high carb, then continue my carb up through lunch on Sunday and switch it back to my keto meals? What will be the effect of the higher fat in the morning Saturday and afternoon Sunday on the carb up?

Basically, I will just split my normal keto day in 2 and insert the carb up in the middle, so the total fat/pro/carb will be the same as adding the two days together. I believe this should work no problem since the body really has no sense of time when it comes to digestion and functions, the splitting up shouldnt matter. I want to be able to eat with my family(ies) and not avoid certain foods. I know what the carb up consists of and how to do it, just looking for advice on the split.

Originally Posted by moonshinebabe33 View Post

Can I use it to make a mock ice-cream? like make up a chocolate protein shake and stuff it in the freezer?
    You don't need to.

Keto ice-cream

2 organic eggs, separated.
    60ml cream
    2 tps vanilla extract
    Sweetener to taste

Whisk the whites till stiff and fluffy. Use a big bowl.
    Whisk the cream till thick.
    Whisk the egg yolks, vanilla and sweetener till smooth.
    Put everything in with the egg white, fold through till yellow all over.
    Divide into four containers and freeze.

You can also make a paste with coffee and cocoa powder and sweetener (about 2 tsp cocoa, and just enough coffee to make a smooth paste) and use that instead of the vanilla for chocolate ice-cream.

Can't remember the exact details, but it's roughly 100 cals and 1g of carbs per portion.

A very low cal version uses that Two Chicks egg whites you can buy. Whisk about 50-60ml of egg white, then fold in the cocoa mixture and freeze. Much lighter and less filling, but rediculously low calories.

Talking

You don't need to.

Keto ice-cream

60ml cream
    2 tps vanilla extract
    Sweetener to taste

You can also make a paste with coffee and cocoa powder and sweetener (about 2 tsp cocoa, and just enough coffee to make a smooth paste) and use that instead of the vanilla for chocolate ice-cream.

Can't remember the exact details, but it's roughly 100 cals and 1g of carbs per portion.

A very low cal version uses that Two Chicks egg whites you can buy. Whisk about 50-60ml of egg white, then fold in the cocoa mixture and freeze. Much lighter and less filling, but rediculously low calories.
    wow keto ice cream! going to try that over the weekend. oooooooo and my hearts desire is to melt down a Snickers bar and pour that over the top as my treat. yummy!!!!!

wow keto ice cream! going to try that over the weekend. oooooooo and my hearts desire is to melt down a Snickers bar and pour that over the top as my treat. yummy!!!!!
    Okay, you know you can't do that on keto, right? But you could probably do something with peanut butter.

I make a sort of chocolate sauce by just mixing some cocoa powder, coffee and sweetener. Egg yolk makes it much richer, but it doesn't last as long in the fridge.

gymbeam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by gymbeam View Post
    been on the diet now for a few days and i feel my protein is good not sure on the fat though,

i was wondering what happens if you dont take in enough fat?

cheers
    so ill still be burning fat? if i dont take in enough fat?

Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by gymbeam View Post
    so ill still be burning fat? if i dont take in enough fat?
    dont worry about fat... fat is good for you.. keto is a high fat diet.. go back and read the rest of this stickey
    THE KETO DIET-- www.bodybuildingdungeon.com/forums/nutrition/2156-ckd-cyclical.html

http://www.coconutoil.com/truth_saturated_fats.htm
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,584922,00.html

Okay, you know you can't do that on keto, right? But you could probably do something with peanut butter.

I make a sort of chocolate sauce by just mixing some cocoa powder, coffee and sweetener. Egg yolk makes it much richer, but it doesn't last as long in the fridge.
    Yes babe, I know this.
    I would only do this when I was having my end of week treat/cheat meal

For the amount you'd use, zero carbs. It's hard to get proper info, but the carbs seem to be fiber and the amount you use at a time is tiny. I normally get about six months out of 100g of the stuff.
    I thought this may help. I got this reply from Sheila from sugarfreesheila.com and here is what she thinks to Xanthum gum....

''Xanthan/guar gum is something I never avoided and for what it's worth, neither affected me either way. Like psyllium husk, it is 100% fiber - i.e., every carb gram is accounted for by fiber - so it is about as low on the glycemic index as one can get. Nutrition information for this product can be found on the Internet''

You never know it may help someone!

You don't need to.

Keto ice-cream

60ml cream
    2 tps vanilla extract
    Sweetener to taste

You can also make a paste with coffee and cocoa powder and sweetener (about 2 tsp cocoa,
    and just enough coffee to make a smooth paste) and use that instead of the vanilla for
    chocolate ice-cream.

A very low cal version uses that Two Chicks egg whites you can buy. Whisk about 50-60ml
    of egg white, then fold in the cocoa mixture and freeze. Much lighter and less filling, but
    rediculously low calories.
    righto Eileen, I have dug my ice cream maker out, dusted it down, and it's now in my freezer ready for making KETO ICE-CREAM!! bought the ingrediants today so looking forward to making that Sunday night! X

righto Eileen, I have dug my ice cream maker out, dusted it down, and it's now in my freezer ready for making KETO ICE-CREAM!! bought the ingrediants today so looking forward to making that Sunday night! X
    You don't need an ice-cream maker, just a decent whisk.

You don't need an ice-cream maker, just a decent whisk.
    My 8 year old wanted to watch it in the ice-cream machine, and how delighted was he to try some....

Now I gotta get inventive with ice cream as he wants more...!

Powka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Powka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Powka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Powka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Powka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Powka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Powka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Powka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Powka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Powka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Powka is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Is there a BASIC Keto meal plan for the day? Like one which can be used by anyone with just changing the portions according to their weight? For example, it's seems that most Keto Diet meals begin with 3 eggs and 2 bacons, but then - everyone goes in their own way. So, how about a standard diet for 65/30/5?