Page 58 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,740 of 1800
    Yelnatsceltics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sorry, I;m new to this forum... I'm on a low carb plan,, (.52 grams per pound of Body weight) I'm seeing 2lbs lose for a week on average. If that slows down, I would like to go carbless or low carbs.. any tips?? Secondly once I achieve my goal weight/body fat.. how do you come up in carbs without gaining it all back??
    Stan

veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Recently started this (along with an obvious caloric deficit) and this morning I weighed 179.8. I started 3 weeks ago at 189.9.

Being a type 1 diabetic sometimes I have to get some more carb intake than I'd like, but so far this is working really well. I'm hoping another month and I'll be able to transition to a more "normal" meal plan for a while. Thanks for the helpful thread!
    MFC

Misc Mursenary Crew

BambinaBoom is not very well liked. (-100) BambinaBoom is not very well liked. (-100) BambinaBoom is not very well liked. (-100) BambinaBoom is not very well liked. (-100) BambinaBoom is not very well liked. (-100) BambinaBoom is not very well liked. (-100) BambinaBoom is not very well liked. (-100) BambinaBoom is not very well liked. (-100) BambinaBoom is not very well liked. (-100) BambinaBoom is not very well liked. (-100) BambinaBoom is not very well liked. (-100)
    I have read through the stickies and found the inspiration to try this. I have never counted calories, or really thought anything about what I eat or drink. Is it okay to start simple? Forexample just look at the nutritionvalues for the foods I eat and just choose food with low to no carbs and stick to under 20 carbs a day? Or will my body not go into ketosis if I consume carbs at all?

If I start out buying products that contain little to no carbs, would this be a good way to start? I have read through shadowwalkers sticky and found it very enlightening (and overwhelming)

danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by BambinaBoom View Post
    I have read through the stickies and found the inspiration to try this. I have never counted calories, or really thought anything about what I eat or drink. Is it okay to start simple? Forexample just look at the nutritionvalues for the foods I eat and just choose food with low to no carbs and stick to under 20 carbs a day? Or will my body not go into ketosis if I consume carbs at all?

If I start out buying products that contain little to no carbs, would this be a good way to start? I have read through shadowwalkers sticky and found it very enlightening (and overwhelming)
    20g NET carbs. That's a good start but be mindful that you will not lose weight if you do not have a calorie deficit, even if you are in ketosis.
    dy/dx (Weight Loss) = Calories

Goals:
    Squats: 275 5x5
    Bench: 225 4x6
    Pendlay: 205 4x6 (Achieved)
    Deadlift: 315 5x5 (Achieved

BambinaBoom is not very well liked. (-100) BambinaBoom is not very well liked. (-100) BambinaBoom is not very well liked. (-100) BambinaBoom is not very well liked. (-100) BambinaBoom is not very well liked. (-100) BambinaBoom is not very well liked. (-100) BambinaBoom is not very well liked. (-100) BambinaBoom is not very well liked. (-100) BambinaBoom is not very well liked. (-100) BambinaBoom is not very well liked. (-100) BambinaBoom is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by danfleysher View Post
    20g NET carbs. That's a good start but be mindful that you will not lose weight if you do not have a calorie deficit, even if you are in ketosis.
    20 net carbs a day, or less? (Is that okay?)
    And thank you for the information on calories, I did not know that!

danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by BambinaBoom View Post
    20 net carbs a day, or less? (Is that okay?)
    And thank you for the information on calories, I did not know that!
    I aim to be within 20-30g NET carbs. Below 20 means I probably didn't get enough veggies in and over 30 is pushing limits.

Green veggies are my favorites, they've got plenty of micro-nutrients and are a good source of fiber.
    100g of Broccoli, about 1 cup, has 7g carbs and and 2.6g fiber (4.4g net).
    100g of Spinach, about 3 cups, has 3.6g carbs and 2.2g fiber (1.4g net).
    100g of Avocado, about 1/2 of an avocado, has 9g carbs and 2g fiber (2.0g net).
    I'll eat different portions of these throughout the day and smaller quantities of other veggies (peppers, mushrooms, etc) in my morning omelette. The rest of my carbs come from incidentals like cheese, eggs, and sauces.

Any other questions, feel free to ask

Goals:

Heavlifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    keto is awesome! I recomend to anyone!

great way to get your body where you want it!

Originally Posted by Yelnatsceltics View Post
    Sorry, I;m new to this forum... I'm on a low carb plan,, (.52 grams per pound of Body weight) I'm seeing 2lbs lose for a week on average. If that slows down, I would like to go carbless or low carbs.. any tips?? Secondly once I achieve my goal weight/body fat.. how do you come up in carbs without gaining it all back??
    I would not recomend carbless

3000Khrissy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Arrow Good Macros?

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone on here would be kind enough to take a look at my low carb (25g or under) meal plan which I'm hoping to have in place in the next couple of weeks.

My main goal is to cut my fat to about 15%, it is currently between 25-30% (I can never get an accurate reading from calipers)
    My weight on March 7th was 231lbs.
    What is crucial to me is not losing lean body mass.

Additional information

I intend to train 3 days per week (full body) - M W F
    Ab work and cardio - T T S

My height is 5'11/6'0

If you require more information let me know.

Thank you
    Attached Images

Thomaslol will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thomaslol will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thomaslol will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thomaslol will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thomaslol will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thomaslol will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thomaslol will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thomaslol will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thomaslol will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thomaslol will become famous soon enough. (+50) Thomaslol will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Am I OKAY to have a high carb meal after exercise only?

Then all the other time stick to low carb, high fat, high protein?

My understanding is that after a workout your body needs carbs to refuel?

Originally Posted by Thomaslol View Post
    Am I OKAY to have a high carb meal after exercise only?

Then all the other time stick to low carb, high fat, high protein?

My understanding is that after a workout your body needs carbs to refuel?
    Short answer, no.

Having a high carb meal, at any point in the day, will kick you out of ketosis. Once you're in Ketosis, you're no longer using carbohydrates (glyocogen) to fuel your muscles.

Goals:

Budjola has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Budjola has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Budjola has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Budjola has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Budjola has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Budjola has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Budjola has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Budjola has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Budjola has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Budjola has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Budjola has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    just started Keto yesterday, ill try to do it IF style with 16/8 eating regime. so far so good, PB and sour cream plus cheese is my main fat source. for veggies i eat cucumber, celery, spinach, broccoli, for proteins, fish, whey, cottage cheese (tho i hate that every american cottage cheese has some carbs in it, back home in Croatia cottage cheese is only fat and protons with 1 g carbs per 100g) and any kind of lean meat.

so far so good, lets see how it goes. only thing i kinda struggle with is i kinda find it hard to get 150+g of fat in one day, guess i just need to eat more cheese and pb.
    I always tell the truth, even when I lie.
    Podcast 24/7 crew
    Conspiracy crew

keithk589 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keithk589 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keithk589 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keithk589 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keithk589 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keithk589 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keithk589 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keithk589 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keithk589 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keithk589 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keithk589 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good info!

keithk589 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keithk589 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keithk589 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keithk589 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keithk589 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keithk589 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keithk589 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keithk589 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keithk589 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keithk589 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keithk589 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I like to have some carbs before a hard workout.

Originally Posted by Budjola View Post
    just started Keto yesterday, ill try to do it IF style with 16/8 eating regime. so far so good, PB and sour cream plus cheese is my main fat source. for veggies i eat cucumber, celery, spinach, broccoli, for proteins, fish, whey, cottage cheese (tho i hate that every american cottage cheese has some carbs in it, back home in Croatia cottage cheese is only fat and protons with 1 g carbs per 100g) and any kind of lean meat.

so far so good, lets see how it goes. only thing i kinda struggle with is i kinda find it hard to get 150+g of fat in one day, guess i just need to eat more cheese and pb.
    Are you including butter and oils?
    Avocado's and nuts are a good source of fat as well.

Goals:

Budjola has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Budjola has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Budjola has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Budjola has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Budjola has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Budjola has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Budjola has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Budjola has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Budjola has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Budjola has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Budjola has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Are you including butter and oils?
    Avocado's and nuts are a good source of fat as well.
    yeah i take fish oil and i make bulletproof coffee once a day. think im getting my numbers there. ill invest in some ground flax seeds so i can chug them during the day as i feel i need more fiber as stool is not as soft as i like it plus they add on fats so thats a plus also. after some playing with food im mostly eating cheddar cheese with salad for lunch plus whatever meat is there, today was tuna but i try to find either some fish or lean pork.
    I always tell the truth, even when I lie.
    Podcast 24/7 crew
    Conspiracy crew

jeisner02 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

New to keto diet

I've doing doing a lot of research about the keto diet and i have decided to give it a try. I've been having some trouble planning out my meals. I attached pics of what i have so much. Just got a few questions: How can i add fats with lowering carbs by a little and protein by a little? I'm 5'10 about 150, is my caloric intake very high? will i be able to enter a ketosis with this plan?

thanks
    Attached Images

isldurdrake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Yelnatsceltics View Post
    i seem to have the same problem in that i lose too much weight when im on ketogenic diets and this stops me from really building any muscle.

Originally Posted by isldurdrake View Post
    i seem to have the same problem in that i lose too much weight when im on ketogenic diets and this stops me from really building any muscle.
    If you're cutting, you won't be able to effectively build muscle. If you're losing too much weight, it's probably some muscle as well.

Track your calories and reduce your deficit (i.e. eat more but still at a deficit)

Goals:

twinmatrix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good FAQ

giorgi3092 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Keto thread! awesome!

NancySigzen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Heavlifter View Post
    keto is awesome! I recomend to anyone!
    Hey, I'm new to Keto Diet and your advice that how can Keto diet help in reducing weight

EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by NancySigzen View Post
    Hey, I'm new to Keto Diet and your advice that how can Keto diet help in reducing weight
    Creating a calorie deficit causes weight loss. This is true whether using keto or just reducing calories from fat, protein, or carbs in general.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

Ironwill2008 is surely doing RDL's and eating eggs and bacon somewhere right now.

stillbored is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stillbored is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stillbored is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stillbored is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stillbored is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stillbored is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stillbored is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stillbored is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stillbored is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stillbored is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stillbored is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you're cutting, you won't be able to effectively build muscle. If you're losing too much weight, it's probably some muscle as well.

Track your calories and reduce your deficit (i.e. eat more but still at a deficit)
    Is it possible to build strength while on this diet? If the caloric intake was efficient to maintain what you have, can you still build strength?

Also keto flu, how long does it last?

ProfCrim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great info y'all! So a few questions that I did not see addressed.

1) Does textured vegetable protein (TVP) knock you out of keto? How about wheat germ?
    I know amounts are critical--so say a normal serving of each. What about Halo ice cream?

2) Any experience with fish heads and keto? They are delicious and fatty but I can't find macros.

onoratofelix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    been doing ckd for 2 weeks and seeing great results !
    since i am a soccer goalkeeper so i don't want my stamina to drop
    here is my plan
    monday,wednesday, and friday is for weight training with 2x5 reps, and 1x5+ reps for each exercise

so just today i added some HIIT into my training running around 12 speed for 60-90 seconds and then did it 3 times with 60-90 rest between sets , and after i did hit i do some pullups probably around 15(3 sets of 5)

the question is, after i got home, i feel somehow weak and dizzy, what is my problem ? and also i want to add some plyometrics training, which day would be the best day for me to do it ?

i carb up weekly on friday and saturday, around 500-600gr of carbs, my weight is 72kgs after water loss, and my height is 171 cm. got around 15% BF

edit : today is tuesday in my place, and i am planning to add HIIT on tuesdays and thursdays

Originally Posted by onoratofelix View Post
    been doing ckd for 2 weeks and seeing great results !
    since i am a soccer goalkeeper so i don't want my stamina to drop
    here is my plan
    monday,wednesday, and friday is for weight training with 2x5 reps, and 1x5+ reps for each exercise

so just today i added some HIIT into my training running around 12 speed for 60-90 seconds and then did it 3 times with 60-90 rest between sets , and after i did hit i do some pullups probably around 15(3 sets of 5)

the question is, after i got home, i feel somehow weak and dizzy, what is my problem ? and also i want to add some plyometrics training, which day would be the best day for me to do it ?

i carb up weekly on friday and saturday, around 500-600gr of carbs, my weight is 72kgs after water loss, and my height is 171 cm. got around 15% BF

edit : today is tuesday in my place, and i am planning to add HIIT on tuesdays and thursdays
    If I was you, I wouldn't do CKD. You're young and incredibly active if you're playing soccer and training as well. Just eat carbs in the morning to fuel your later workouts and have some after to replenish your muscles.

The reason you felt dizzy was probably not enough nutrients and dehydration. Keto already causes water loss and coupled with intense training (sweating), will cause headaches and dizzyness.

Goals:

onoratofelix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If I was you, I wouldn't do CKD. You're young and incredibly active if you're playing soccer and training as well. Just eat carbs in the morning to fuel your later workouts and have some after to replenish your muscles.

The reason you felt dizzy was probably not enough nutrients and dehydration. Keto already causes water loss and coupled with intense training (sweating), will cause headaches and dizzyness.
    thanks for the reply man ! i am currently 18 yo
    but the thing is i've been doing normal diet with 500 deficit per day and that kinda sucks for me, even if i only eat 100gr of carbs per day

and another problem i always lift best when i lift empty stomach with a cup of coffee pre workout, so maybe i will try to eat the carbs after i lift.

i eat approx. 130gr of protein per day and that is pretty easy for me to consume and feeling pretty well without carbs on gym day, but not on HIIT.

maybe i will try to add some carb later at evening and probably only take like 100 gr per day ? but i am really scared that will make me really bloated... bcos that has happened to me before... what is your recommendation?

thanks once again.

edit : also what do you think if i reward myself on weekend (saturday and sunday) ? is it fair enough?
    Last edited by onoratofelix; 07-27-2016 at 05:55 AM.

Originally Posted by onoratofelix View Post
    thanks for the reply man ! i am currently 18 yo
    but the thing is i've been doing normal diet with 500 deficit per day and that kinda sucks for me, even if i only eat 100gr of carbs per day

and another problem i always lift best when i lift empty stomach with a cup of coffee pre workout, so maybe i will try to eat the carbs after i lift.

i eat approx. 130gr of protein per day and that is pretty easy for me to consume and feeling pretty well without carbs on gym day, but not on HIIT.

maybe i will try to add some carb later at evening and probably only take like 100 gr per day ? but i am really scared that will make me really bloated... bcos that has happened to me before... what is your recommendation?

thanks once again.

edit : also what do you think if i reward myself on weekend (saturday and sunday) ? is it fair enough?
    If you don't mind me asking, how much do you weigh? The reason I ask is because I don't recommend eating at a deficit at your age unless you are massively overweight. You're still young and primed to grow. You could probably eat at maintenance to build muscle and lose fat at the same time. That's my 2 cents at least.

100 grams of carbs doesn't seem like a lot. I wouldn't expect you to be feeling bloated but everybody is different. If you still get those feelings, maybe reduce to 75g. If you prefer eating in a fasted state, keep doing that and just have the carbs later or at night.

I think rewarding yourself is totally acceptable, just try to portion yourself and be mindful. As long as you're not going crazy over on your calories, the effects won't be that bad.

Goals: