Page 51 of 61 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 1806
    Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by KetoRookie View Post
    Wonderful thread full of great info.
    Got a question. I have done all the formulas and figured out my macros; my question is:
    Do I have to equally divide the number of grams of fat/protein/carbs and incorporate them into the planned meals uniformly?
    OR
    can I just make sure I eat the required grams of fat/protein/carbs by the end of the day in no particular order?

The reason I ask is because I have developed a spreadsheet that counts down the remaining calories of fat/protein/carbs after each meal and eat appropriately to meet my macros needs.
    Work it out for the day. But try to balance each meals to some extent, so you don't have one all carb meal
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

hottiewitabody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hottiewitabody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hottiewitabody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hottiewitabody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hottiewitabody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hottiewitabody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    is keto really that helpful? I feel like it does nothing

KetoRookie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am still doing the first two weeks of strict keto diet. When is the best time to go out for a moderate pace bicycle ride? Can I eat my normal 30 pro/ 65 fat/ 5 carbs ratio of food right after the ride, or should I just down and protein shake and wait 90 minutes before eating fat? Thanks again.

SuratusBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuratusBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuratusBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuratusBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuratusBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuratusBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuratusBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuratusBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuratusBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuratusBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuratusBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    what is the benifit from ketosis? im on a 20% carb diet could i be in ketosis?
    Brah Crew

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by SuratusBrah View Post
    what is the benifit from ketosis? im on a 20% carb diet could i be in ketosis?
    You could, particularly if you work out hard.

The main benefit of ketosis is lack of hunger, so it's easier to stick to the diet. Also, it's nutrient dense. No empty calories on keto, so your health will benefit.

Committed is on a distinguished road. (+10) Committed is on a distinguished road. (+10) Committed is on a distinguished road. (+10) Committed is on a distinguished road. (+10) Committed is on a distinguished road. (+10) Committed is on a distinguished road. (+10) Committed is on a distinguished road. (+10) Committed is on a distinguished road. (+10) Committed is on a distinguished road. (+10) Committed is on a distinguished road. (+10) Committed is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thank Eileen for answering so many questions!

I got into Keto (anabolic diet) because I read about how you dont have to count calories as long as you keep your carbs below 30g. Can I eat a high fat/protein/<20 g crab diet WITHOUT counting calories (basically whenever I feel hungry) and still lose fat? Im 5'11, 158 lbs and around 12-13% body fat and want to get to around 9%. I lift heavy 4 days a week and 2 x HIIT sessions weekly.

Also, will drinking BCAA (Xtend) intra workout create any issues?

And is MCT better than coconut oil in terms of effects during keto or is coconut oil better?

Thanks!

HKang has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HKang has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HKang has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HKang has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HKang has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HKang has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HKang has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HKang has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HKang has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HKang has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HKang has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I just want to know if a carb up day is necessary? Will i benefit more by just keeping my carb intake at 5% everyday? even on weekends?

Originally Posted by Committed View Post
    Thank Eileen for answering so many questions!

I got into Keto (anabolic diet) because I read about how you dont have to count calories as long as you keep your carbs below 30g. Can I eat a high fat/protein/<20 g crab diet WITHOUT counting calories (basically whenever I feel hungry) and still lose fat? Im 5'11, 158 lbs and around 12-13% body fat and want to get to around 9%. I lift heavy 4 days a week and 2 x HIIT sessions weekly.

Also, will drinking BCAA (Xtend) intra workout create any issues?

And is MCT better than coconut oil in terms of effects during keto or is coconut oil better?

Thanks!
    In theory, but only if you are really vigilent about only eating when you are hungry. If you tend to eat a certain amount at a certain time, then you need to watch the cals as well.

If you make out a meal plan which fits your calories, then you should be able to eat it comfortably on keto without having to worry about it.

Never tried MCT before workouts, but coconut oil is good. And relatively cheap.

jsnake513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsnake513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsnake513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsnake513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsnake513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsnake513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsnake513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsnake513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsnake513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsnake513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jsnake513 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    In theory, but only if you are really vigilent about only eating when you are hungry. If you tend to eat a certain amount at a certain time, then you need to watch the cals as well.

If you make out a meal plan which fits your calories, then you should be able to eat it comfortably on keto without having to worry about it.

Never tried MCT before workouts, but coconut oil is good. And relatively cheap.
    all based on my experience thus far..
    On Keto you hardly get hungry in the first place! so if you only eat when you do get hungry (maybe every 4-5 hours), you may sacrifice some gains.. i think you should try to get in those fats and proteins in between meals..
    I was looking up MCT and im not sure it will help us out on Keto, you will use that energy for fuel, just like using carbs for fuel, and your body wont necessarily fall out of Keto while on MCT, but you wont be burning the stored fat during that period.
    as far as the Xtend during your workout, try using it one week then stop for the next, cycle that a couple of times and see how it works for you.. everyone is different, and you may or may not benefit from it.

^again this is based on my experience since ive started Keto about 2 months ago.. I've gained 5 lbs this past weekend (bday weekend) but i look a lot thinner than when i first started, ive become more vascular and abs are finally showing.. i believe in Keto and will continue it for the rest of my life.. its crazy how sensitive to sugar you become, the other night i had some strawberries and watermelon pre-workout and wow it beat any supplements ive ever taken.

Committed is on a distinguished road. (+10) Committed is on a distinguished road. (+10) Committed is on a distinguished road. (+10) Committed is on a distinguished road. (+10) Committed is on a distinguished road. (+10) Committed is on a distinguished road. (+10) Committed is on a distinguished road. (+10) Committed is on a distinguished road. (+10) Committed is on a distinguished road. (+10) Committed is on a distinguished road. (+10) Committed is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks guys!

After two weeks of eating super clean I got served 2 big slices of baked pumpkin and some carrot shavings with my steak at a restaurant and I ate it not knowing it had carbs
    Last edited by Committed; 05-18-2012 at 11:53 PM.

trevatandy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trevatandy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trevatandy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trevatandy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trevatandy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trevatandy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trevatandy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trevatandy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trevatandy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trevatandy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trevatandy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Been on my Keto Diet for 2 weeks and on my "carb up" until monday.
    However unrelated I was curious at what point will I need to start TKD as of now I just eat 25 or less grams of Carb a day? During the two weeks my workouts felt normal and exhausted me just like it usually does. Also when I start TKD (if needed) do I just need to eat any source of carb (about 30 min before workout) such as a Reese's or a slice of bread or something like that?
    PRs:
    Bench 245 x 2
    Squat 255 x 8
    Deadlift 405 x 1 (345 x 5)

chrisg1610 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Keto questions

For an average person who commutes to a desk job, around 13 calories per pound of total weight is close to maintenance. To lose, you have to reduce from this.

For keto, allow 1g of protein per pound of LEAN mass, and assume this is 30% of your calories. Allow 20g of carbs and the rest of your calories should be from fat. You should find that the number of fat grams is fairly close to the number of protein grams.
    Hi Eileen,

I started a keto diet a week and a half ago. I have used ketostix and am definitely in ketosis which is great.

1.) With regards to what you have said above though, I do work out for around an hour 4 times a week (sometimes only 40 minutes) and do one cardio session. I do however have a desk job. The trainer that did my body composition marked me as low/medium activity level, is this correct? I obviously try to train intensely every session.

2.) My lean mass is 68.6kg, my total body weight is 92.90kg, and based on my activity level he determined that my resting metabolic rate is 2090kcal, so, in keeping with Blindfaith's plan I used the deficit of 500 calories and determined that I need:
    Protein - 151g
    Fat - 100g
    Carbs (I am trying to eat a lot of green veg but think I am under) - 20g

That means that the values are not very close together for my fat and protein as you sugested they would be, have I made an error in my calculations?

3.) Is it okay to eat things like tomatoes, cucumber, spring onion and other veg (that isn't starchy like potatoes), I don't really see these mentioned anywhere? How about normal onions, I have read root veg is bad but wouldn't this be fine as long as I keep my carbs down? My body should in that case stay in keto, right?

4.) If for some reason I have to skip a few meals, is it best for me to try make up for these meals in one big meal if I have no other choice, or just to end up having a lot less calories then I should?

5.) I only get to train for a full hour if I train in the mornings before work. I can only do 40 minutes when I train during lunch. When Friday comes around I am supposed to eat fruit a few hours before I train and then eat carbs after that session, how can I get around this if I am training in the morning? Is this possible or will I have to do the shorter session in the afternoon instead?

6.) I currently train like below:
    Monday - Chest and tri's
    Tuesday - Shoulders and calves
    Wednesday - Back and bi's
    Thurday - Cardio, interval training
    Friday - Quads and ham's

I do about 3 excercises of 3 sets, 6 - 8 reps per muscle group. Does this look fine to you or do you think I should instead follow a plan like Blindfaith's?

7.) As I need to keep my fat down over my carb up days I suppose that I wont be able to have chips, as in fish and chips which is deep fried?

Thanks so much for your help! Your posts have answered so many questions for me.
    Chris

Four workouts a week is low activity unless you have an active lifestyle.

If you know your lean mass, use that, 1g of protein per pound of lean mass = 30% of calories etc.

Yes, green veg is fine on keto. Go easy on tomatoes, fine in a salad, but don't go nuts.

If you are not starving, you don't have to stuff yourself to make up for a missed meal or two. By guided by your hunger. Your muscles won't shrivel up if you miss a couple of meals.

Just carb-up on Saturday only. With your activity leve, you don't need a long carb-up.

Training looks fine.

No, boiled potatoes (or low fat oven chips) on carb-up.

Ejwas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hey guys, is good to go for keto just for 1-2weeks? Will i see results?

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Ejwas View Post
    hey guys, is good to go for keto just for 1-2weeks? Will i see results?
    A lot of water weight loss yes
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

Ejwas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    A lot of water weight loss yes
    and what about a bf? Iam in calorie deficit for 2monts, so iam just wanna shred that last fats to get a physique i want...=)

avad is on a distinguished road. (+10) avad is on a distinguished road. (+10) avad is on a distinguished road. (+10) avad is on a distinguished road. (+10) avad is on a distinguished road. (+10) avad is on a distinguished road. (+10) avad is on a distinguished road. (+10) avad is on a distinguished road. (+10) avad is on a distinguished road. (+10) avad is on a distinguished road. (+10) avad is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    friends i have a question. I read the 2 stickies of the section by Shadow walker and Boyscout.

Now after reading shadow walkers post i am having a question. He says that if the goal is to become lean and lose bodyfat then a carb reffed must be avoided or must be done 1-2 times per month.

What do you think of this?

Thanks

valpal3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello,
    i am 22 years old and i weigh around 107lbs, i really want to lose my belly fat and my overall body fat. how long should i be on the ketogenic diet in order to achieve my goal? Thank you so much for your help!

Originally Posted by avad View Post
    friends i have a question. I read the 2 stickies of the section by Shadow walker and Boyscout.

Now after reading shadow walkers post i am having a question. He says that if the goal is to become lean and lose bodyfat then a carb reffed must be avoided or must be done 1-2 times per month.

What do you think of this?

Thanks
    Depends on muscle mass and training intensity. If you carry a lot of muscle and kick ass in the gym, you can carb-up once a week.

Originally Posted by valpal3 View Post
    Hello,
    i am 22 years old and i weigh around 107lbs, i really want to lose my belly fat and my overall body fat. how long should i be on the ketogenic diet in order to achieve my goal? Thank you so much for your help!
    You weigh 107lb and want to LOSE weight? Are you sure?

Asterisk619 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Asterisk619 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Asterisk619 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Asterisk619 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Asterisk619 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Asterisk619 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Asterisk619 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Asterisk619 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Asterisk619 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Asterisk619 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Asterisk619 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi, I'll be giving keto a shot within a couple of days. Just trying to prepare myself so I'm all set to go. My main concern is fiber. My overall carbs is 37g but excluding fiber it's 17g. Is that fine for getting into ketosis?

valpal3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You weigh 107lb and want to LOSE weight? Are you sure?
    hello eileen,
    I just want to lose my boy fat especially around my belly. i am only 5ft tall btw.

just_blaze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My questions is, because of my schedule I sometimes have to workout on Saturday which would be my CARB day. Is that ok?

Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by just_blaze View Post
    My questions is, because of my schedule I sometimes have to workout on Saturday which would be my CARB day. Is that ok?
    Preferable IMO
    www.squidoo.com/keto-diet

Was 300+ lbs.
    Logs
    90 day XAT-7 and Cardio Igniter forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146779723
    TEST-PEAK http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149177173
    2013 BB.com challenge log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150876933

Sugar Alcohols...Explained http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151110953

Metabolic advantage of keto diet: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153834101

Jason110585 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Starting a Keto diet tomorrow (no eating after 6pm) but not sure whether of not to go for TKD or CKD?

26yrs old Male
    185lbs
    Body Fat approx 20%

Main goal is to get body fat down to 10% before starting a muscle gain program.
    Activity level: weight lifting and 20 mins cardio 3 days per week & 3 days of 40 min cardio

Also trying to find out my daily calorie needs but two sites have given me totally different amounts

HELP

I make it around 2000 calories a day, based on your lean mass and activity. Divide out 30/65/5

I would do CDK. You are not training hard enough for TKD to be worth it. Keep your carb-up clean and consersative. 12 or 18 hours rather than 36 hours.

Lift hard. Deads, squats, bench, military press, dips, pull-ups, etc.

Originally Posted by Jason110585 View Post
    Starting a Keto diet tomorrow (no eating after 6pm) but not sure whether of not to go for TKD or CKD?

26yrs old Male
    185lbs
    Body Fat approx 20%

Main goal is to get body fat down to 10% before starting a muscle gain program.
    Activity level: weight lifting and 20 mins cardio 3 days per week & 3 days of 40 min cardio

Also trying to find out my daily calorie needs but two sites have given me totally different amounts

HELP

Ripznny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have 3 Question if a proffesionnal of keto can answer me it will ben fine `

1) I take when i Lift this preworkout ''NitraFlex for the Lab Cat'' .The Pre Workout contain Zero Carb its ok?

2) It good if i drink 2 cup of green tea during the day and 1 cup of chamomille in the night?

3) the last one . DO i need to eat like 6-7 meals or i can eat 4-5 my meal ? I weight 165 lb and my macro are 25g Carb 130 Fat 130 Protein

SwoleMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) SwoleMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) SwoleMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) SwoleMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) SwoleMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) SwoleMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) SwoleMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) SwoleMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) SwoleMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) SwoleMe will become famous soon enough. (+50) SwoleMe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Ripznny View Post
    I have 3 Question if a proffesionnal of keto can answer me it will ben fine `

1) I take when i Lift this preworkout ''NitraFlex for the Lab Cat'' .The Pre Workout contain Zero Carb its ok?

2) It good if i drink 2 cup of green tea during the day and 1 cup of chamomille in the night?

3) the last one . DO i need to eat like 6-7 meals or i can eat 4-5 my meal ? I weight 165 lb and my macro are 25g Carb 130 Fat 130 Protein
    1) why wouldn't it be?

2) why wouldn't it be? do you not like the taste?

3) you can eat 1-2 meals if you want

Why u eating such low cals

Ripznny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I mean it will not kick me out from keto?

liangsc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liangsc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liangsc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by jaim91 View Post
    Wooo!!!

We be makin things happen on the keto boards

I'm glad I was here for this!!!!!
    me too