Page 4 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    BBLaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBLaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBLaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBLaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBLaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBLaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBLaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBLaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBLaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBLaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBLaw is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm still a bit confused.

Do i take any workout shake with carbs in it before or after any of my workouts?
    "It isn't how hard you hit. it's how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." -Rocky Balboa

11/1/11
    Squat: 220x12
    Bench: 145x12
    Deadlift 315x5

11/08/11
    Squat: 275x1
    Bench:185x2
    Deadlift:385x1
    Total: 845

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Take whey shake after lifting, with a small amount of carbs. No shake is necessary before lifting.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

wdieawake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Without a specific test how would one calculate their bodyfat %?

Right now I'm 160 and height is 5'10 and I have sort of a skinny fat thing going on. My upper abs sort of show but by lower ones have a huge pocket of fat and my love handles are gigantic. I started a few weeks back at 1500-1600 cals a day in sort of keto fashion(I'm below 20g carb each day) but I've decided to give this a go for real.

I just estimated my bf at 17% and so my lbm would be 133. If I wanted to start at 1500 daily cals and then adjust, I can't seem to fit in 133g protein and have an equivalent amount of fat also, say 130g. How do I work that out?

BBLaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBLaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBLaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBLaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBLaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBLaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBLaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBLaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBLaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBLaw is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBLaw is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    do i continue to eat fats after a workout?
    "It isn't how hard you hit. it's how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." -Rocky Balboa

11/1/11
    Squat: 220x12
    Bench: 145x12
    Deadlift 315x5

11/08/11
    Squat: 275x1
    Bench:185x2
    Deadlift:385x1
    Total: 845

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by BBLaw View Post
    do i continue to eat fats after a workout?
    Not post workout. Have a fat free whey shake, then wait 60-90 minutes or longer before you eat another normal keto meal.

richie83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) richie83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) richie83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) richie83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) richie83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) richie83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) richie83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) richie83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) richie83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) richie83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) richie83 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Eileen, what are your stats like? I've just started keto and I am curious about your achievements on this diet....i.e...how many lbs were u able to get rid of?

I dropped about 45lb on keto which left me at 175lb. I'm almost 5'11, so that works for me.

cguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    I dropped about 45lb on keto which left me at 175lb. I'm almost 5'11, so that works for me.
    Hey! Great achievement!!

I need some advice if you wouldn't mind... I am 5'7", and I weigh 198 lbs. I have a picture of myself on my bodyspace.

Not entirely sure about my BF% at the moment. You think I am good to get started on Keto? I want to become covermodel quality. Is cardio needed/recommended while in Ketosis?
    Estimated body fat - Between 20-25%

BF% Goal - Between 12-15%

Keto is good for most people. It's one of the most nutritionally dense ways of getting your calories.

Being a cover model is down to genetics as well as bodyfat. No matter how lean I get, I still have wide childbearing hips that don't look good in a bikini! But getting the bodyfat right is a very good place to start.

Lifting is the most important aspect of your workout, but cardio is always good.

cguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Keto is good for most people. It's one of the most nutritionally dense ways of getting your calories.

Being a cover model is down to genetics as well as bodyfat. No matter how lean I get, I still have wide childbearing hips that don't look good in a bikini! But getting the bodyfat right is a very good place to start.

Lifting is the most important aspect of your workout, but cardio is always good.
    Hey! Thanks for replying!

I don't actually want to become a covermodel haha. I just want to be that quality. I'm sure you look fine in a bikini!!! Especially with this renowned Keto.

May I ask why lifting is the most important aspect? I want to lose a load of weight and gain prominent abdominals and and all over toned muscular body. I am basically 40lb overweight according to BMI.

What would you say a good routine (lifting) on Keto would be for me?
    Estimated body fat - Between 20-25%

BF% Goal - Between 12-15%

If you have a good muscle base, you can get away with a slightly higher lever of bodyfat. If you have very low bodyfat, but no muscle, you just look skinny and scrawny.

Best routine is one that concentrates on big compound lifts like squat, bench press, deadlift, pull-ups, dips, bentover rows, stiffleg deadlift, lunges or step-ups, military press, hyper-extension, wood chopper.

You can do a whole body workout, or split it into two or three muscle groups per day, or even do a push/pull routine. Whatever you did, lift intensely. Aim for three sets of 8 reps at 80% of 1rm. When you can do ten reps, increase the weight.

You can do light cardio after lifting if you want, but do intense cardio on non-lifting days. Don't attempt to do squats or dead after HIIT. Vary cardio between HIIT and moderate intensity, long duration work.

sjaguar12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

BCAA's

Hi Eileen!!
    I'm starting my ckd on monday and I would like to know if its ok to take BCAA'S(xtend) during and after my workout along with my whey protein shake?

I don't myself, but I know lots of people who do.

Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Not post workout. Have a fat free whey shake, then wait 60-90 minutes or longer before you eat another normal keto meal.
    What if someone cannot afford for a whey shake? Could whey be replaced by egg whites post workout with 15 grams of dextrose? Is this ok?

thanks.

Probably. Mind you, I think whey would work out a lot cheaper than that many egg whites.

I think I read that old school bodybuilders used to boil chicken breast for post workout meals before whey was available.

Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Zody is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Probably. Mind you, I think whey would work out a lot cheaper than that many egg whites.

I think I read that old school bodybuilders used to boil chicken breast for post workout meals before whey was available.
    Whey costs double the actual price back here..so I really cannot afford it. Hence i've been left with no other option. Is 15g dextrose post WO ok to start with? I'll eat it along with my egg whites. Or, can I skip on dextrose completely?. I'm doing the CKD.

Thanks Eileen.

Originally Posted by Zody View Post
    Whey costs double the actual price back here..so I really cannot afford it. Hence i've been left with no other option. Is 15g dextrose post WO ok to start with? I'll eat it along with my egg whites. Or, can I skip on dextrose completely?. I'm doing the CKD.

Thanks Eileen.
    Try some of the websites that have cheap postage. I think iherb.com has decent prices and cheap postage.

Iwill2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Get question and answer thread. Thanks to all.

roygbp will become famous soon enough. (+50) roygbp will become famous soon enough. (+50) roygbp will become famous soon enough. (+50) roygbp will become famous soon enough. (+50) roygbp will become famous soon enough. (+50) roygbp will become famous soon enough. (+50) roygbp will become famous soon enough. (+50) roygbp will become famous soon enough. (+50) roygbp will become famous soon enough. (+50) roygbp will become famous soon enough. (+50) roygbp will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Question

Hey, I'm trying to understand Keto better. Thanks for any help

So if I kind of understand this, your body won't go into ketosis until glycogen storages are depleted. Does this mean liver AND muscle glycogen storages? Or is there a way to deplete one and not the other (and be in ketosis)? I ask because I'm trying to understand the best way to get back into ketosis after a carb up.

Ketosis occurs when liver glycogen is depleted. It's possible to have a depleted liver and still have muscles stuffed full of the stuff. That's the point behind the carb-up, to try to shove in as much glycogen into the muscles as possible.

roygbp will become famous soon enough. (+50) roygbp will become famous soon enough. (+50) roygbp will become famous soon enough. (+50) roygbp will become famous soon enough. (+50) roygbp will become famous soon enough. (+50) roygbp will become famous soon enough. (+50) roygbp will become famous soon enough. (+50) roygbp will become famous soon enough. (+50) roygbp will become famous soon enough. (+50) roygbp will become famous soon enough. (+50) roygbp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ketosis occurs when liver glycogen is depleted. It's possible to have a depleted liver and still have muscles stuffed full of the stuff. That's the point behind the carb-up, to try to shove in as much glycogen into the muscles as possible.
    If that is the case, then I imagine HIIT would NOT be a good way to induce ketosis after a carb-up, as HIIT uses primarily muscle glycogen during the workout, which I assume I want to save for my weight training. Would low intensity cardio be better? Or maybe just let it happen naturally?

Location: Surrey, Walton on thames, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hi there, im just wondering if my supplement stack clashes with my diet?

Please note i am currently cutting down from 224lbs (16 stone)

Supplement stack -

ON whey 100% protein
    No-Xplode
    PHD creatine
    Biotivia Bioforge
    EC Stack (Ephedrine and caffeine)
    omega 3 & 6 tablets
    Multivitamins
    Vitamin c 3g

Ketosis Diet -

Meal 1 6 whole Omega-3 eggs
    Meal 2 8oz chicken with 1/2 cup raw almonds
    Meal 3 50g whey with 2 tablespoons all natural peanut butter
    Meal 4 8oz salmon with 1 cup asparagus with 1 tablespoon macadamia nut oil
    Meal 5 50 g whey with 2 tablespoon PB
    Meal 6 6 whole eggs Meal 1 6 whole Omega-3 eggs

I understand stimulants such as caffeine are not supposed to be used in a ketosis diet plan as they produce cortisol which burns muscles. Thus why i have incorporated Vitamin c into my diet plan to help keep cortisol low and stop me becoming catabolic.

Thanks for the feedback, i appreciate it.
    Current Lifts - B 140kg x 5| S 185kg x 3 | D 200kg x 6 | Front S 130kg x 5 |

☆☆☆ υк ¢яєω ☆☆☆

☆☆☆ MISC INK CREW ☆☆☆

☆☆☆ Occasional competitor crew ☆☆☆

Originally Posted by roygbp View Post
    If that is the case, then I imagine HIIT would NOT be a good way to induce ketosis after a carb-up, as HIIT uses primarily muscle glycogen during the workout, which I assume I want to save for my weight training. Would low intensity cardio be better? Or maybe just let it happen naturally?
    A long LISS session, coupled with a good diet does the job. Or even just go to the gym and do a killer leg or back session.

Originally Posted by Dhboy View Post
    Hi there, im just wondering if my supplement stack clashes with my diet?

Please note i am currently cutting down from 224lbs (16 stone)

Supplement stack -

ON whey 100% protein
    No-Xplode
    PHD creatine
    Biotivia Bioforge
    EC Stack (Ephedrine and caffeine)
    omega 3 & 6 tablets
    Multivitamins
    Vitamin c 3g

Ketosis Diet -

Meal 1 6 whole Omega-3 eggs
    Meal 2 8oz chicken with 1/2 cup raw almonds
    Meal 3 50g whey with 2 tablespoons all natural peanut butter
    Meal 4 8oz salmon with 1 cup asparagus with 1 tablespoon macadamia nut oil
    Meal 5 50 g whey with 2 tablespoon PB
    Meal 6 6 whole eggs Meal 1 6 whole Omega-3 eggs

I understand stimulants such as caffeine are not supposed to be used in a ketosis diet plan as they produce cortisol which burns muscles. Thus why i have incorporated Vitamin c into my diet plan to help keep cortisol low and stop me becoming catabolic.

Thanks for the feedback, i appreciate it.
    Caffeine is fine on keto. So is EC.

You have a lot of nuts and very little green veg in your diet. Post workout, one scoop whey only, no fat.

Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dhboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Caffeine is fine on keto. So is EC.

You have a lot of nuts and very little green veg in your diet. Post workout, one scoop whey only, no fat.
    Is there a problem with having few vegetables yet a lot of nuts?

Also i normally have a proper meal 1-2 hours before my workout as i take No-Xplode on an empty stomach to help me during my workout.

☆☆☆ υк ¢яєω ☆☆☆

☆☆☆ MISC INK CREW ☆☆☆

Originally Posted by Dhboy View Post
    Is there a problem with having few vegetables yet a lot of nuts?

Also i normally have a proper meal 1-2 hours before my workout as i take No-Xplode on an empty stomach to help me during my workout.
    On keto, vegetables are better than nuts, lower calories, more bulk, lots of health benefits, and tons of fiber. Nuts are fine for filling the gaps, but they do have significant carbs, so if you have a lot of calories to eat, try some oily fish or even a salad with olive oil instead.

As far as I remember, NO-Xplode is fine.

Oh, totally off-topic: I was in a local supplement store recently when a cop in a track suit came in and tried to get the owner to sell him some ephedrine. He announced that he had been taking No-Xplode but now wanted to move on to something harder. The owner suggested fish oil.

Strik9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strik9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strik9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strik9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strik9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strik9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strik9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strik9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strik9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strik9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strik9 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Can anybody recommend a good whey protein powder that is keto friendly?

thanks
    "Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways"

Pretty much all whey powders are fine. The basic whey normally has around 80g of protein per 100g of whey, and a small amount of fat and carbs, not enough to worry about. Whey isolate has less fat or carbs, but costs loads more, so not really worth it.

The ones to avoid are the ones with "mass" or "gain" in the name. They are loaded with sugar.

On keto, vegetables are better than nuts, lower calories, more bulk, lots of health benefits, and tons of fiber. Nuts are fine for filling the gaps, but they do have significant carbs, so if you have a lot of calories to eat, try some oily fish or even a salad with olive oil instead.

As far as I remember, NO-Xplode is fine.

Oh, totally off-topic: I was in a local supplement store recently when a cop in a track suit came in and tried to get the owner to sell him some ephedrine. He announced that he had been taking No-Xplode but now wanted to move on to something harder. The owner suggested fish oil.
    Thankyou.

Haha, i heard ephedrine is not sold over the counter in the UK? I ordered mine from abroad and i hope it comes through alright. Most likely going to stop my No-Xplode once i get it through as im taking 200mg of caffeine aswell.

Inb4 my heart explodes :P

☆☆☆ υк ¢яєω ☆☆☆

☆☆☆ MISC INK CREW ☆☆☆

Over the counter? You've got to be joking. It's in this weird category where it can only be taken if prescribed by a doctor, but no doctor will prescribe it, because the chemists don't stock it, and the chemists don't stock it because the doctors don't prescribe it. So it's mail order, and hope it doesn't get stopped by the Irish Medicine Board.