Page 12 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
    Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Pagan2008 View Post
    Thanks!! But one last question. How did you figure those numbers out?
    Thanks Eileen for all your amazing help.
    176 minus 29% = lean mass = number of grams of protein to eat = 30% of total calories.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

feloniousmonk will become famous soon enough. (+50) feloniousmonk will become famous soon enough. (+50) feloniousmonk will become famous soon enough. (+50) feloniousmonk will become famous soon enough. (+50) feloniousmonk will become famous soon enough. (+50) feloniousmonk will become famous soon enough. (+50) feloniousmonk will become famous soon enough. (+50) feloniousmonk will become famous soon enough. (+50) feloniousmonk will become famous soon enough. (+50) feloniousmonk will become famous soon enough. (+50) feloniousmonk will become famous soon enough. (+50)

did I carb up right?

I did my first carb up yesterday. It was after 3 weeks of keto. I didn't go carb crazy. Essentially, I had a chicken gyro with lettuce and tomato on a whole wheat pita at 2. Then at 530 I had some thai food and a piece of chocolate cake (we were dinner guests, and I've always refused to be the jerk who is a picky eater at someone else's home because of my "diet"). Then, at about 9, I had a bowl of whole wheat raisin bran.

Before 2, I was ketoing because I hadn't finished my depletion workout yet.

The reason I ask if I carbed up right is because I checked myself this morning with keto sticks (after i did abs and cardio) and I was in keto. So, either I got back in really quickly or I never got out. Is this possible/normal after a carb up? Should I try to get more carbs next time?

Also troubling, I lost about 10 pounds in my first week on keto. Eileen suggested it was likely mostly water weight. I haven't lost a pound since. In fact, I may have gained 1. During the last week I've added cardio to try to jumpstart fat loss with no success so far. I have been pretty good about tracking macros and am more or less on target. The only thing I can think of is that I may have put on some muscle because I am lifting significantly heavier on keto than before (5x5). But, I don't see how I could put on enough to offset the fat loss that should be occurring. Ideas?

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Normally, I'd say go easy on the cake, but in the circumstances, and assuming it was one piece, you're fine.

If your lifts are increasing, you could well be increasing muscle. What is your waist size doing?

feloniousmonk will become famous soon enough. (+50) feloniousmonk will become famous soon enough. (+50) feloniousmonk will become famous soon enough. (+50) feloniousmonk will become famous soon enough. (+50) feloniousmonk will become famous soon enough. (+50) feloniousmonk will become famous soon enough. (+50) feloniousmonk will become famous soon enough. (+50) feloniousmonk will become famous soon enough. (+50) feloniousmonk will become famous soon enough. (+50) feloniousmonk will become famous soon enough. (+50) feloniousmonk will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I normally would go easy on the cake as I don't really like cake (pie on the other hand...), but I find it socially more appropriate to accept the hospitality of others, my preferences be damned.

Lifts are increasing by about 5 pounds per week, but it's only been three weeks so it's hard to tell. My lifts generally increase in the beginning of any new lifting regiment. Instead of measuring, I generally go by pants feel with the waist. They don't seem to be getting looser, but they were pretty tight after the bulk-up. Also, I've been hitting abs much harder than ever for the last three weeks, so I may be getting a little bulkier there, too.

I'll just give it more time. I guess I can at least feel confident that I'm not losing muscle which I was concerned about since I'm cutting now.

Thanks for the help again, Eileen.

PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If I am going to try keto, with the goals of trying to lose fat while trying to increase strength, should I be eating at a deficit? I would think so because of the simple rules of cutting or bulking, but keto seems to be different. I read somewhere that if trying to do this, I should be eating at 10-15% surplus, but that dosen't feel or sound right to me. Anyone got any input?
    A year from now, you’ll wish you started today.

You eat at a deficit on your keto days, and above maintenance on your carb-up days. It's a fine balancing act, but it's the most likely route to some gain of muscle while losing bodyfat.

PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    You eat at a deficit on your keto days, and above maintenance on your carb-up days. It's a fine balancing act, but it's the most likely route to some gain of muscle while losing bodyfat.
    Thanks Eileen, you are extremely knowledgeable about this stuff. Think you can check out my thread requesting some help? Specifically post #9: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=125570863

Thanks for any input!
    A year from now, you’ll wish you started today.

Curumo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    day 7 on my Keto diet - all working weights in basic ex. go down((

Perfectcero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi Eileen Can you check my diet for me?

When - Calorie/Fat/Carb/Protein

Breakfast - 7 whole eggs - 713/52/9.4/47.4
    - 3 Chicken Strips 44g - 60/4/1/6
    - 2 tsp Margarine 10g - 70/8/0/0
    - 50g Cheese - 183/15/1.7/11.7

Lunch - 3 Chicken Thighs - 334/16.4/0/44.4
    - 3 Tbsp Mayo - 150/15/3/0
    - 50g Baby Spinach - 12.5/0/1/1.5 (2g total 1g fibre)
    - 3 tbsp Caesar Dressing - 270/30/0/0.9

Dinner - 0.5lb Ground Beef - 609/38.7/0/51.5
    - Cottage Cheese75g - 60/0.6/4.8/9.0 ( I haven't eaten any yet but thinking of it )

Total 2489 - 179.8 fat - 29.9g carb - 172.7 protein

If you don't mind I have quite a bit of questions for you? It will be easier to list them up

1) I can't cook to well so I don't try to use any of the recipies on the site How can I improve this diet?

2) I am 22 yrs old, 195 lbs .. Not sure on the body fat. 5 11" Height .. I am really getting confused on how many calories I should be getting .. I am going to work out 3 days a week and doing cardio on Off days ( 3 times a week) I am usually seated with some movement, but on workdays I have to stand a lot ( My work scheduele is never fixed) .. I am hearing a lot of ways to figure out BMR but I am not sure which one to pick .. Knowing how many times I workout and my lifestyle what would you think my BMR should be?

3) As you can see I am having only 3 meals a day I had my first workout yesterday and my PWO was my dinner listed above..What should I really be having for Post and Pre WO? What can I eat to give me that boost during the WO? Should I be splitting up this diet and how so?

4) Even with all of what I eat above I feel hungry a lot, I am not sure if it's the amount of meals I eat but I think it's killing my motivation, It almost feels like I am starving

5) I have my first carb up on Friday, I have no idea what to eat as I can't really cook that well and I am somewhat picky with food What do you suggest I can eat? I can cook something like Pasta tho

6) I plan on doing "A simple Beginner's routine" Squats
    Bench Presses
    Bent-Over Rows
    Overhead Barbell Presses
    Stiff-Legged Deadlifts
    Barbell Curls
    Calf Raises

Week 5 is suppose to be hardest and If I can't finish my reps I am suppose to repeat the cycle.. Is keto a bad idea for this?

7) I cook my chicken with Georgeforeman Grill.. So it drains the fat.. Should I consider the chicken thighs to give 0 fat? and grab the fat from somewhere else?

8 I don't think I am getting even close to the fibre needed, I plan on taking fibre supplements, Is there a way to increase fibre without taking them? I can't stand the taste of brocolli, Is there a way to camoflauge the taste?

9) Am I eating too many eggs?

Sorry if these are a lot of questions, You don't have to answer all of them at once. I really appreciate your help

PC
    Last edited by Perfectcero; 06-29-2010 at 01:14 PM.

Originally Posted by Perfectcero View Post
    Hi Eileen Can you check my diet for me?

When - Calorie/Fat/Carb/Protein

Breakfast - 7 whole eggs - 713/52/9.4/47.4
    - 3 Chicken Strips 44g - 60/4/1/6
    - 2 tsp Margarine 10g - 70/8/0/0
    - 50g Cheese - 183/15/1.7/11.7

Lunch - 3 Chicken Thighs - 334/16.4/0/44.4
    - 3 Tbsp Mayo - 150/15/3/0
    - 3 tbsp Caesar Dressing - 270/30/0/0.9

Dinner - 0.5lb Ground Beef - 609/38.7/0/51.5
    - Cottage Cheese75g - 60/0.6/4.8/9.0 ( I haven't eaten any yet but thinking of it )

Total 2489 - 179.8 fat - 29.9g carb - 172.7 protein

If you don't mind I have quite a bit of questions for you? It will be easier to list them up

1) I can't cook to well so I don't try to use any of the recipies on the site How can I improve this diet?

2) I am 22 yrs old, 195 lbs .. Not sure on the body fat. 5 11" Height .. I am really getting confused on how many calories I should be getting .. I am going to work out 3 days a week and doing cardio on Off days ( 3 times a week) I am usually seated with some movement, but on workdays I have to stand a lot ( My work scheduele is never fixed) .. I am hearing a lot of ways to figure out BMR but I am not sure which one to pick .. Knowing how many times I workout and my lifestyle what would you think my BMR should be?

3) As you can see I am having only 3 meals a day I had my first workout yesterday and my PWO was my dinner listed above..What should I really be having for Post and Pre WO? What can I eat to give me that boost during the WO? Should I be splitting up this diet and how so?

4) Even with all of what I eat above I feel hungry a lot, I am not sure if it's the amount of meals I eat but I think it's killing my motivation, It almost feels like I am starving

5) I have my first carb up on Friday, I have no idea what to eat as I can't really cook that well and I am somewhat picky with food What do you suggest I can eat? I can cook something like Pasta tho

6) I plan on doing "A simple Beginner's routine" Squats
    Bench Presses
    Bent-Over Rows
    Overhead Barbell Presses
    Stiff-Legged Deadlifts
    Barbell Curls
    Calf Raises

Week 5 is suppose to be hardest and If I can't finish my reps I am suppose to repeat the cycle.. Is keto a bad idea for this?

7) I cook my chicken with Georgeforeman Grill.. So it drains the fat.. Should I consider the chicken thighs to give 0 fat? and grab the fat from somewhere else?

8 I don't think I am getting even close to the fibre needed, I plan on taking fibre supplements, Is there a way to increase fibre without taking them? I can't stand the taste of brocolli, Is there a way to camoflauge the taste?

9) Am I eating too many eggs?

Sorry if these are a lot of questions, You don't have to answer all of them at once. I really appreciate your help

PC

The food looks fine, apart from the margarine. Butter is better. Eat as many eggs as you want. You'll know when you've had enough. More spinach would be good. There are lots of other vegetables besides broccoli. You could make an easy Greek salad with cucumber, olives and feta cheese, no cooking required.

For keto try eating 14 calories per pound of lean mass. On your carb-up, go for 14 calories per pound.

Three meals a day is fine. Have a whey shake post workout, and a black coffee before it. The coffee will give you a boost for the workout.

Eat more vegetables. There are plenty of calories in your diet, but very little bulk.

Pasta is fine for a carb-up, also oatmeal (soak in skim milk for a couple of hours if you don't want to cook), things like baked potatoes with beans, bagels with low fat cheese, skinny cappuccino, muesli and skim milk, minestrone soup, tuna, chicken breast and egg white, brown rice, sweet potato (nuke it). etc.

Are you not lifting yet? You should be lifting before you carb-up.

The routine is okay, but do barbell squats instead of the calf raises. And deadlifts instead of the curls.

There will still be some fat with the Foreman grill, just not as much as usual.

The food looks fine, apart from the margarine. Butter is better. Eat as many eggs as you want. You'll know when you've had enough. More spinach would be good. There are lots of other vegetables besides broccoli. You could make an easy Greek salad with cucumber, olives and feta cheese, no cooking required.

For keto try eating 14 calories per pound of lean mass. On your carb-up, go for 14 calories per pound.

Three meals a day is fine. Have a whey shake post workout, and a black coffee before it. The coffee will give you a boost for the workout.

Eat more vegetables. There are plenty of calories in your diet, but very little bulk.

Pasta is fine for a carb-up, also oatmeal (soak in skim milk for a couple of hours if you don't want to cook), things like baked potatoes with beans, bagels with low fat cheese, skinny cappuccino, muesli and skim milk, minestrone soup, tuna, chicken breast and egg white, brown rice, sweet potato (nuke it). etc.

Are you not lifting yet? You should be lifting before you carb-up.

The routine is okay, but do barbell squats instead of the calf raises. And deadlifts instead of the curls.

There will still be some fat with the Foreman grill, just not as much as usual.
    Thanks for the quick response

Cucumber and Olives are ok for keto? I will try that then!

I have no idea of knowing my lean mass atm , I can't even estimate my body fat % yet, So till I figure out my body fat % I will stick to this

What do you mean by "very little bulk"

This is my first week lifting but I've been on keto for awhile with no carb up so trying to plan ahead

I use Chicken Thigh, Fried, With No coating, skin not eaten as my Fitday pick, I use boneless chicken thighs ( I trim the skin out of em ) and Grill on George Foremen which drains the fat.. Am I picking the right one on Fitday?

What is a good marinade for the chicken thighs? I am sick of eating boring chicken with no seasoning
    Last edited by Perfectcero; 06-29-2010 at 04:20 PM.

Boneless skinless thigh is very low fat. Easy marinade, olive oil and tabasco in a bag, shake the chicken in it and leave in fridge for half an hour before cooking. Add herbs or spices to taste.

Without a few decent sized portions of veg, your meals will be very small. They may have enough calories, but they won't fill your stomach to the point where you feel satisfied. You can get used to that, but it's much easier just to eat plenty of veg.

http://www.leighpeele.com/body-fat-p...nd-percentages Have a look at the pictures and take a guess at your bodyfat.

[QUOTE=Eileen;511722083]Boneless skinless thigh is very low fat. Easy marinade, olive oil and tabasco in a bag, shake the chicken in it and leave in fridge for half an hour before cooking. Add herbs or spices to taste.

Without a few decent sized portions of veg, your meals will be very small. They may have enough calories, but they won't fill your stomach to the point where you feel satisfied. You can get used to that, but it's much easier just to eat plenty of veg. [QUOTE]

It's too hard to guess from the pics ( I will message you my pic later so you can give me an idea..

So I should randomly eat spinach when I feel hungry? Sounds good.. I just hope it doesn't push me out of ketosis

Do you think It's a good idea to do Workout + Light Cardio 3 days a week and Moderate Cardio 3 days a day for maximum fat loss?

Ideally, do heavy lifting three times a week, and cardio of differing intensity on three days, rest one.

Eat lots of different vegetables. Make a pot of vegetable soup if you are peckish.

I am using the CKD calc and for my carb up it shows this

Calories Grams
    Fat 689 77 Maximum per day on carb up. If 1.5 days carbup (for ex.), it is this times 1.5 for the entire carb up.
    Protein 655 164 Per day on carb up minimum
    Carbs 2586 646 Per carb up phase (to restore most all your glycogen)

I have no idea what it means If I am suppose to eat 2479 normally on keto days ... How much should be my carb intake for Friday after the workout? Half of 2479? and what about Saturday?

What are your stats, and what is your aim, fat loss or muscle gain? How close are you to being competition ready?

If you are beginning CKD, or you have a lot of fat to lose, I could keep your carb-up much smaller and shorter than that. Try 12-24 hours, eating at 10% above maintenance.

What are your stats, and what is your aim, fat loss or muscle gain? How close are you to being competition ready?

If you are beginning CKD, or you have a lot of fat to lose, I could keep your carb-up much smaller and shorter than that. Try 12-24 hours, eating at 10% above maintenance.
    (1) Age (yrs) 22
    (2) Weight (lbs) 190
    (3) Height (in) 71
    (4) Activity Rating (1.0-2.0) 1.55
    (5) Gain(1.2) or Lose(0.8) 0.8

So Fat Loss.. and this will be my first carb up.. So if it's only 12-24 hours I should just use entire saturday for my Carb up and stay normal on friday?

Originally Posted by Perfectcero View Post
    (1) Age (yrs) 22
    (2) Weight (lbs) 190
    (3) Height (in) 71
    (4) Activity Rating (1.0-2.0) 1.55
    (5) Gain(1.2) or Lose(0.8) 0.8

So Fat Loss.. and this will be my first carb up.. So if it's only 12-24 hours I should just use entire saturday for my Carb up and stay normal on friday?
    Yes, I would do that. What's your bodyfat?

Yes, I would do that. What's your bodyfat?
    I msged you with some pics of me, Can you give me an estimate?

Not my area of expertise, but somewhere in the teens, I'd say. Maybe post up for a better estimate?

sexybunsg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Red face

Hi Eileen, It's been a pleasure having someone like you to help understand Keto and answer questions. I have some for you myself, if you don't mind. I have read every single thread in this sticky, and some more than once, but wouldn't mind having some clarification on my own personal plan.

A little about me: I'm 5'6", 135 lbs and I measured my body fat with calipers and it came to 20% (hope I did it right, LOL)
    I have been on keto for 5 weeks now. My first 2 weeks I lost 10 lbs. Went from 140 to 130. Then, after my first carb up I gained 8 lbs and ever since I haven't been able to get below 134. I get back down when it's time to carb up and repeat the cycle (138 after carbs, 134 before). Sometimes I think I look more lean than others, so it's hard to say if I'm losing body fat.... (I haven't measured in a couple weeks either, so maybe I'll try that this weekend) I know this takes time, but I just want to make sure I'm on the right track and doing things right.

1) I workout twice a day and lift 6 days a week. Do you recommend changing my schedule to lift 3 days a week (I have seen that comment made more than once), or does it really matter? If what I am doing now isn't advised, could you tell me why? I usually lift in the morning and do cardio after work (alternate HIIT and long duration cardio).
    Also, since I lift 6 days a week, is the depletion workout on saturday before the carb loading still necessary?

2) When you say to eat a lot of veggies, how many cups do you have in mind? I am eating 2 cups of broccoli everyday, which seems to bring me to the max for carbs (not including fiber). Does this sound right?

3) It seems that no matter how I plan my food in fitday, my protein is always higher than my fat. I'm trying to keep my calories around 1800 (does this sound right to you based on my stats?).
    Lately I have been eating the following:
    1) Whey protein after lifting in the morning
    2) 4 whole omega3 eggs with 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 slice of cheese
    3) 4oz of tilapia with 2 tbsp sour cream and 1 cup broccoli with 1 tbs ranch
    4) 4oz of tilapia with 2 tbsp sour cream and 1 cup broccoli with 1 tbs ranch
    5) 1oz almonds and 1 slice of cheese
    6) 4oz ground turkey and 2 tbs sour cream

According to fitday, this brings my macros to: 118g/fat, 26.9g/carb, 162g/protein and 1862 calories

Any suggestions?

Thank you so much for all your help. Your knowledge is greatly appreciated!

The obvious question is: what and how much are you eating on carb-up?

At 135lb and 20% bodyfat, I'd have put your calories at around 1450 myself, but you are doing a lot of exercise, so 1800 might be right for you.

Six heavy lifting sessions a week sounds a lot. What is your routine like? How long does it take you to recover?

Why not try switching from the low fat meat and fish to higher fat ones? Try salmon or mackerel, and some fatty cuts of steak. I'm not mad about sour cream as your fat source. Try making a big green salad and dressing it with a little vinegar and some extra virgin olive oil. Perhaps reduce the cheese a little, some people find it stalls them.

Generally, I reckon you can fill half your plate with greens without a problem.

The obvious question is: what and how much are you eating on carb-up?

At 135lb and 20% bodyfat, I'd have put your calories at around 1450 myself, but you are doing a lot of exercise, so 1800 might be right for you.

Six heavy lifting sessions a week sounds a lot. What is your routine like? How long does it take you to recover?

Why not try switching from the low fat meat and fish to higher fat ones? Try salmon or mackerel, and some fatty cuts of steak. I'm not mad about sour cream as your fat source. Try making a big green salad and dressing it with a little vinegar and some extra virgin olive oil. Perhaps reduce the cheese a little, some people find it stalls them.

Generally, I reckon you can fill half your plate with greens without a problem.
    Haha, yeah, that WOULD be the obvious question wouldn't it? The formula I used to calculate my macros also told me what to do for carb up and told me to keep protein the same, fats at 60g max and 450g/carb.
    Last weekend I had the following:
    Banana and strawberries
    3 multi grain pancakes with a little syrup
    whey shake
    Lamb gyro (so delicious)
    salt free rice cakes (4)
    Teriyaki chicken with brown rice
    oatmeal protein bar from GNC
    4 sugar cookies with frosting. (i have a major sweet tooth)

Cal: 3040, fat: 73, carb: 455, prot: 169

I'm not being too strict with myself right now because I don't plan on doing a show till next year, but let me know what you think. I don't want to ruin myself either

My workout routine:
    Sun Legs and abs AM, pm cardio
    Mon Back and calves am, pm cardio
    Tue Chest and abs am, pm cardio
    Wed Booty and Hammies
    Thurs shoulders and calves am, pm cardio
    Fri Bis, tris and abs, cardio

It typically takes me a couple days to revover from each body part.. legs are the worst for me, sometimes I'm sore for days, but think that's because of the HIIT.

I will look into getting some fattier meats and go from there, and replace the sour cream with something else... what's bad about the sour cream anyway? LOL. I thought all fats were good on this diet? No?

I appreciate your help

Yeah, I think you might need to dial back the carb-up a little. Women simply can't do the same volume of carbs as the guys unless they are bulking. Either that, or reduce your calories on keto days.

Wow, intense workouts!

It's one of those "Your Milage May Vary" things. Some people find that cheese and dairy and nuts stalls them a bit, whereas olive oil and salmon and steak never does. If you are not on a schedule, then by all means, go for the sour cream. If you want results by a particular date, try eating salad with EVOO dressing, and when you have consistent weight loss, you can try some sour cream and see if it makes a difference.

Yeah, I think you might need to dial back the carb-up a little. Women simply can't do the same volume of carbs as the guys unless they are bulking. Either that, or reduce your calories on keto days.

Wow, intense workouts!

It's one of those "Your Milage May Vary" things. Some people find that cheese and dairy and nuts stalls them a bit, whereas olive oil and salmon and steak never does. If you are not on a schedule, then by all means, go for the sour cream. If you want results by a particular date, try eating salad with EVOO dressing, and when you have consistent weight loss, you can try some sour cream and see if it makes a difference.
    How many carbs do you think I should consume on carb up? I was wondering if 450 was too much. I know.. sometimes I wish I was a guy. It seems that my butt has gotten fatter. God, it's great being a woman! LOL!!

Yeah, they are pretty intense, but I love it. What did you think of doing a depletion workout saturday morning before carb loading? Necessary still? I dont mind doing it, but think I should have a full rest day in there somewhere. Maybe I will change my schedule around a bit to accomodate it mid week or something...

Ok, good to know about the dairy, and nuts can stall people.. I'll keep that in mind for sure.

Are you on a keto diet yourself? I remember reading that you used it for your weight loss, but are you using it to maintain as well? How did you become so knowledgable about this?

Thanks Eileen

I'm a lifetime keto-er, I just adjust it depending on what else is going on in my life.

Yes, depletion workout on saturday followed by carb-up the rest of the day should be fine. Why not have Sunday as your rest day then?

If you know your real maintenance (the amount you can eat without changing weight) then try a carb-up with calories at 10 or 15% above maintenance, and just reverse the macros.

Hey Eileen How much sugar is allowed while I am on my carb up? I tried finding the muselix thing you told me about.. But none of them seem to be under like 10-15g of sugar .. So far i got some sweet Potatoes, Pasta, Oatmeal, Salsa, Brown rice.. Lol I am running low on options with so much sugar in these carbs!

And after looking at my pic? Do you still think I should do only 1 day of carb up? I have been on keto for awhile.. just had no carb ups because I didn't workout then
    Last edited by Perfectcero; 07-02-2010 at 02:42 PM.

cuffem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I started this Keto plan two days ago (6-30). Below is what posted on my log (look at signature)

those last two days I had small headaches.... really got tired around 2pm-3pm both days. About 2:30 I pop the RX6 in to regain some energy. I think I'm in ketosis... but not sure. I drink 90+ oz of water a day so the stick might not ever turn. I do have a metallic taste in my mouth but I thought it could be from the olive oil. Late in the day I find myself sweating (underarms) for no reason.

Think I've hit ketosis?

Thanks

Very likely. Did you have a day or two where you peed a lot, followed by a sudden drop in weight? If so, that's the famous water weight departing as you enter ketosis.

cuffem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Very likely. Did you have a day or two where you peed a lot, followed by a sudden drop in weight? If so, that's the famous water weight departing as you enter ketosis.
    maybe yesterday I peed more than normal. I will see what weight is like tonight when i goto gym.