claret_n_blue is on a distinguished road. (+10) claret_n_blue is on a distinguished road. (+10) claret_n_blue is on a distinguished road. (+10) claret_n_blue is on a distinguished road. (+10) claret_n_blue is on a distinguished road. (+10) claret_n_blue is on a distinguished road. (+10) claret_n_blue is on a distinguished road. (+10) claret_n_blue is on a distinguished road. (+10) claret_n_blue is on a distinguished road. (+10) claret_n_blue is on a distinguished road. (+10) claret_n_blue is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Will I be able to build muscle on an indian, vegetarien diet?

I want to build a great looking body (e.g C Ronaldo, Abercrombie model, etc.) however I don't know if I will get enough protein in an Indian diet. I will be taking whey protein to make up for the lower protein intake that I have.

Do you think it will be ok?

Are there any vegi body builders following an Indian diet on here, what are your views?

greenhealth will become famous soon enough. (+50) greenhealth will become famous soon enough. (+50) greenhealth will become famous soon enough. (+50) greenhealth will become famous soon enough. (+50) greenhealth will become famous soon enough. (+50) greenhealth will become famous soon enough. (+50) greenhealth will become famous soon enough. (+50) greenhealth will become famous soon enough. (+50) greenhealth will become famous soon enough. (+50) greenhealth will become famous soon enough. (+50) greenhealth will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't know much about an indian diet except for lots of veggies, rice, and curry. Veggies are great for you, but you'll have to eat way too many if thats your main source of calories, give us more of an idea of the foods you plan to eat. I'v had some fire red indian chicken that was off the hook.

ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by claret_n_blue View Post
    I want to build a great looking body (e.g C Ronaldo, Abercrombie model, etc.)
    however I don't know if I will get enough protein in an Indian diet. I will be taking whey protein to make up for the lower protein intake that I have.

Do you think it will be ok?

Are there any vegi body builders following an Indian diet on here, what are your views?
    Seeing that your goals are reasonable, you should get enough protein on an Indian diet. Eat more lentils, dairy items (like paneer and eggs (if you are allowed)) and beans. Also drink a couple of glasses of milk a day.
    When all that says 'it is good' has been debunked, what says 'I want' remains.

- CS Lewis

gomango259 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gomango259 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gomango259 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gomango259 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gomango259 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gomango259 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gomango259 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gomango259 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gomango259 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gomango259 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gomango259 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    you will have to work twice as hard

not hyooge but healthy dustinlima's Avatar
    dustinlima is just really nice. (+1000) dustinlima is just really nice. (+1000) dustinlima is just really nice. (+1000) dustinlima is just really nice. (+1000) dustinlima is just really nice. (+1000) dustinlima is just really nice. (+1000) dustinlima is just really nice. (+1000) dustinlima is just really nice. (+1000) dustinlima is just really nice. (+1000) dustinlima is just really nice. (+1000) dustinlima is just really nice. (+1000)
    Sounds like you'll be eating dairy / eggs considering that you'll supp your diet with whey. If not, they have pea protein as well. Have yet to try, I wouldn't really believe the fat-burning aspect of it, but I would eat the protein

And if you indeed are goin strictly veg / vegan, be sure to have a wide array of plants to ensure you're getting all aminos. Don't necessarily have to have them all in one meal, but some time.

Julian_H is a name known to all. (+5000) Julian_H is a name known to all. (+5000) Julian_H is a name known to all. (+5000) Julian_H is a name known to all. (+5000) Julian_H is a name known to all. (+5000) Julian_H is a name known to all. (+5000) Julian_H is a name known to all. (+5000) Julian_H is a name known to all. (+5000) Julian_H is a name known to all. (+5000) Julian_H is a name known to all. (+5000) Julian_H is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Calories and sufficient high quality protein build muscle, regardless of the type of diet. Eggs, milk, protein supplements, and possibly soy should make up the bulk of a vegetarian's protein intake.

claret_n_blue is on a distinguished road. (+10) claret_n_blue is on a distinguished road. (+10) claret_n_blue is on a distinguished road. (+10) claret_n_blue is on a distinguished road. (+10) claret_n_blue is on a distinguished road. (+10) claret_n_blue is on a distinguished road. (+10) claret_n_blue is on a distinguished road. (+10) claret_n_blue is on a distinguished road. (+10) claret_n_blue is on a distinguished road. (+10) claret_n_blue is on a distinguished road. (+10) claret_n_blue is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by greenhealth View Post
    I don't know much about an indian diet except for lots of veggies, rice, and curry. Veggies are great for you, but you'll have to eat way too many if thats your main source of calories, give us more of an idea of the foods you plan to eat. I'v had some fire red indian chicken that was off the hook.
    Well this was going to be a basic diet for me:

My diet will be along these lines (I am a vegetarian and I don't eat eggs):

Breakfast (8.30) - 2 Weatbixes with 300ml of whole milk mixed with whey powder
    - 3 Wholemeal toasts with mature cheddar cheese and tea.

Snack (10.40) - Granola bar

Lunch (12.50) - Sandwhich (filling can vary)
    - Apple (or other fruit)
    - Crisps

Snack (3.10) - 200g of nuts mixture ( sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, almonds, peanuts).

Dinner - Depends on what my mum makes P But it will probably be a curry made with potatoes and something else (e.g. lentil, dhal, kidney/black eyed beans, etc.)

After my workout, I will take a protein shake of 400ml whole milk, 1 banana, 25g whey protein powder and 15g multivitamins chocolate powder.

greenhealth will become famous soon enough. (+50) greenhealth will become famous soon enough. (+50) greenhealth will become famous soon enough. (+50) greenhealth will become famous soon enough. (+50) greenhealth will become famous soon enough. (+50) greenhealth will become famous soon enough. (+50) greenhealth will become famous soon enough. (+50) greenhealth will become famous soon enough. (+50) greenhealth will become famous soon enough. (+50) greenhealth will become famous soon enough. (+50) greenhealth will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeah whole milk, cheese, nuts, and lentils will be essential for you to build good muscle. Peanut butter and oatmeal would be great additions. Too bad you can't/choose not to eat meat and eggs though.

jxd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jxd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jxd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jxd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jxd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jxd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jxd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jxd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jxd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jxd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jxd is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Looking at the Indians around here, I say no.

Originally Posted by jxd View Post
    Looking at the Indians around here, I say no.
    why not?

dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    why not?
    exactly why not? you definitily can do it. Lots of beans, high protein cereals, rice, whole grain breads,fruits and supplementing with whey protein is a good solid diet base. Then you gotta train HARD, hit all your muscles at least one time a week. Don't neglect training!
    "Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right!"-Henry Ford

Originally Posted by dimasso69 View Post
    exactly why not? you definitily can do it. Lots of beans, high protein cereals, rice, whole grain breads,fruits and supplementing with whey protein is a good solid diet base. Then you gotta train HARD, hit all your muscles at least one time a week. Don't neglect training!

kl, thanks.

Should I do my workout to failure. I have a plan I am going to follow, but I was going to do it in small reps. The weights will be heavy (obviously) but I don't know if I should stop after a certain reps or do i to failure?

PeterLe will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeterLe will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeterLe will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeterLe will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeterLe will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeterLe will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeterLe will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeterLe will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeterLe will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeterLe will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeterLe will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Talking

chicken or beef curry if they are not possible opt for

baked beans, nuts (unsalted, obviously) and eggs if possible

phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    kl, thanks.

Should I do my workout to failure. I have a plan I am going to follow, but I was going to do it in small reps. The weights will be heavy (obviously) but I don't know if I should stop after a certain reps or do i to failure?
    You don't HAVE to train to failure, I think it can be useful sometimes. Definitely don't train to failure if you don't have a spotter, can't train when ur ded.

Just focus on adding weight to the bar every week or so, or more reps - etc.
    Sheiko? My journey to 1,500+ @ 165

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167881761

Keep On Getting Strong

Best Gym Lifts

475/315/610 @ 165

Originally Posted by phal View Post
    You don't HAVE to train to failure, I think it can be useful sometimes. Definitely don't train to failure if you don't have a spotter, can't train when ur ded.

Just focus on adding weight to the bar every week or so, or more reps - etc.
    alrite. kl thanks

stonefacekilla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stonefacekilla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stonefacekilla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stonefacekilla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stonefacekilla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stonefacekilla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stonefacekilla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stonefacekilla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stonefacekilla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stonefacekilla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stonefacekilla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    indian food is the same as all other food in terms of nutrition, probally even better. So long as you are eating things like meat/fish curry dishes its the same as someone eating a western alternative. Hit the protein levels you need through the whey and add some multi vits too and train hard, you will suceed

Originally Posted by stonefacekilla View Post
    indian food is the same as all other food in terms of nutrition, probally even better. So long as you are eating things like meat/fish curry dishes its the same as someone eating a western alternative. Hit the protein levels you need through the whey and add some multi vits too and train hard, you will suceed
    I'm vegetarian, I don't eat eggs either. That's the main reason I came up with this post as I didn't know if I needed to take loads of supps to help give me the protein.

stonefacekilla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stonefacekilla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stonefacekilla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stonefacekilla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stonefacekilla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stonefacekilla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stonefacekilla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stonefacekilla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stonefacekilla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stonefacekilla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stonefacekilla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm vegetarian, I don't eat eggs either. That's the main reason I came up with this post as I didn't know if I needed to take loads of supps to help give me the protein.
    sorry, should have read the full thread first
    there are alternative such as tofu, beans, nuts etc that will help towards the prtoein intake. If i were you, i would probally have at least 2x 50grm prtoein shakes per day to make up for it, possibbly even 3 shakes. Its not ideal to rely on shakes but i wouldnt worry too much about it.
    Also bear in mind that some veggies such as spinach contain prtoein.
    im sure you will be fine.

jxd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jxd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jxd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jxd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jxd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jxd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jxd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jxd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jxd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jxd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jxd is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    why not?
    Proportionally, they seem to eat an extraordinary amount of rice and other simple carbs, the quantity and quality of protein seems to be very low. There are 3 kinds of body types of the Indians I work with, skinny, skinny fat and just fat.

Yes you can adjust your diet to eat much more high protein items, but then I don't think such a diet can be considered "Indian vegetarian".

sni2pal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sni2pal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sni2pal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sni2pal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sni2pal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sni2pal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sni2pal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sni2pal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sni2pal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sni2pal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sni2pal is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Yes, you can. Your goals aren't very challenging.

Go to www.nutritiondata.com to see the amino acid profiles of the foods that you usually eat and use the "Find foods with complementary profile" link to see what foods you need to add to your diet to make sure that you are getting the full range of the essential amino acids.

And make sure you are eating a lot of protein (maybe more then 1 gram per body weight in pounds), although I'm not sure how you can pull that off on a vegetarian diet without getting too many additional calories in.

dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Proportionally, they seem to eat an extraordinary amount of rice and other simple carbs, the quantity and quality of protein seems to be very low. There are 3 kinds of body types of the Indians I work with, skinny, skinny fat and just fat.

Yes you can adjust your diet to eat much more high protein items, but then I don't think such a diet can be considered "Indian vegetarian".
    Well these people you see don't lift weights. I know indiand people and vegan people who are in great shape. Your being stereotypical, and negative when it's unecessary. OP can do it, he just has to supplement more and work hard

Well these people you see don't lift weights. I know indiand people and vegan people who are in great shape. Your being stereotypical, and negative when it's unecessary. OP can do it, he just has to supplement more and work hard
    Thanks for that dimasso. Someone said that I should drink protein shakes. Would I be able to have bars instead, and use that as one of my snacks for my 6 meals a day. Also, the whey powder I have says that I should drink it as soon as I mix it with my drink. Does that mean i can't make bars with it and store them to eat in the next few days?

Thanks for that dimasso. Someone said that I should drink protein shakes. Would I be able to have bars instead, and use that as one of my snacks for my 6 meals a day. Also, the whey powder I have says that I should drink it as soon as I mix it with my drink. Does that mean i can't make bars with it and store them to eat in the next few days?
    No you can make protein bars out of it, and store them that's a great idea actually. And well drink the shakes when the consistency looks good to you, but sure bars are fine if you prefer, just if store bought would be a bit more expensive.

No you can make protein bars out of it, and store them that's a great idea actually. And well drink the shakes when the consistency looks good to you, but sure bars are fine if you prefer, just if store bought would be a bit more expensive.
    Great. Thanks