Urbancohort is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Urbancohort is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Urbancohort is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Urbancohort is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Urbancohort is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Urbancohort is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Urbancohort is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Urbancohort is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Urbancohort is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Urbancohort is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Urbancohort is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Smile Urbancohortss rugby log

Think im gona start rugby log for off season, Just like advice, currently have 2 day splits with legs, back and core one day and chest, shoulders, and arms othe day

Work out Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday
    speed work Wednesday, Sunday
    Skills: Wednesday, Sunday

Inital: 85KG, 6%bf
    Aiming: 95-100kg 10% bf
    Height: 6 foot 1
    Position: 8,7,6

LEGS

Squat
    10x90kg, 8x100kg, 6x120kg, 5x135kg

Deadlifts
    8x90kg, 8x100kg, 6x115kg, 3x130kg

sumo squat
    2x60kgx15

leg extension A,B,C light weight
    6x10

Leg curl A,B
    4x12

Calf raises
    4x100kgx12

BACK

wide grip pull up

Lat pull downs
    3x50kgx10

Bench one handed rows, Each hand
    3x17.5kgx10

bent over rows
    3x40kgx12

CORE

Hanging leg raises
    2x10

Crunches
    4x20

Front bridges
    2x1.30minute

Total time hour and half good work out really had a good sweat up. small rest between sets. Was tired and sore my dislocated thumb hindered work out abit. Will go harder on friday when i do work out agian.

Location: edinburgh, scotland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    pretty intence looking leg workout there, deads and squats in the same day. is that buy choice or force. if your in your off season you could maybe look at adding in an extra day...jus re-read id consider spliting up your leg day to two lower body days if you're in the gym 4days a week.

what postion do you play i'm guesing somewhere in the backs with a bf% that low.(i see you're a backrow)

i really should pay more attention when reading
    Last edited by toad1; 11-02-2009 at 02:19 PM. Reason: can't read
    people ask me how to train, and i answer "i look at what you do and then i do the exact oposite"

if your family was captured and you were told you needed to put 100 pounds onto your max squat within two months or your family would be executed, would you squat once per week? Something tells me that you'd start squatting every day

Urbancohort is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Urbancohort is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Urbancohort is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Urbancohort is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Urbancohort is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Urbancohort is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Urbancohort is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Urbancohort is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Urbancohort is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Urbancohort is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Urbancohort is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by toad1 View Post
    pretty intence looking leg workout there, deads and squats in the same day. is that buy choice or force. if your in your off season you could maybe look at adding in an extra day...jus re-read id consider spliting up your leg day to two lower body days if you're in the gym 4days a week.

what postion do you play i'm guesing somewhere in the backs with a bf% that low.(i see you're a backrow)

i really should pay more attention when reading
    Well i gota work on my bf. started adding one really crap meal in every day. Im a loose forward. I prefer to play number open side flanker tho.

Im trying to break it into prems next year so just a work out gym trainer came up with. but yeah i chose to do it.

Upper body to night

toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    is the bf a major concern for you or is it more just the extra mass, as surely at you're age and height 85kg isnt that bad...i know its not super big but surely you'll get there with the added muscle mass over a few years. id love to be in a postion where i needed to ad bf it would be rather nice.

if a trainer gave you it i supose you should stick with it, but just cos a training gave you the prog doesn't make it any good ive seen some really bad stuff handed out by coaches. personally id still do squats and deads on different days and just go as heavy as i could with both instead of a sub max lifting esp if your in the gym more than twice a week.....but if its all part of a planed program then id stick with it as ive allways made better gains on proper programs than stuff id just made for myself.
    people ask me how to train, and i answer "i look at what you do and then i do the exact oposite"

if your family was captured and you were told you needed to put 100 pounds onto your max squat within two months or your family would be executed, would you squat once per week? Something tells me that you'd start squatting every day

Work out 1.2 hours
    Was a very good work out. Thumb is still holding me back tho. Finding it hard to hold onto weights. Have to decrease weight so i can hold onto it.

8/10 work out

CHEST

incline dumbbell flys
    2 sets 10kg x 15

Flat BB bench
    2 sets 80kgx6
    90kg x 4
    100kg x 2

Inclne BB bench
    3 set 60kg x 8

decline BB bench
    3 sets 60 kg x 8

SHOULDERS

DB shoulder press
    3 sets 20kg x8

Arnold A,B DB press
    4 sets10kgx15

Upright Rows
    3 sets 20kg x 12

DB shrugs
    3 sets 25kgx12

ARM

21 BB curls
    3 sets 20kg

tricep pull downs
    3 sets 40kg x 15

Hammer curls
    2 sets 15kg x 10

tricep dips
    2 sets 10bw

concentration curls
    2 sets 10kg x 15

A set of goals i am hopping to gain before start of next session

My goal is to make my local clubs Prem team next. Then Move onto bigger and better thing. Such as making city's representative team(for my age) and some youth development teams.

Always had the skills, discipline and commitment. But i was never selected at younger ages because i was always was small white boy and bigger boys were always picked in front of me. I have always had comments on why i never made these rep teams. But never wanted to admit it was because i was to small haha. Only now i admit it.

So here I am now 5 months solid training before pre-season.

Current
    weight: 85kg
    bf: 6%
    arms: 14.2 inch
    chest: 43.3

1 rep maxs
    bench: 115kg
    squat: 150kg
    deadlift: 140kg

goal
    Weight: 95-100kg
    bf:10-12%
    Arms: 17 inchs(For the ladys)
    chest: 47 inch(meh Just want a big chest)

1 rep max
    Bench: 130kg
    Squat: 180KG
    Deadlifts 180kg

good luck with you're goals. if you get their at 18/19 years old you'll be a machine. it took my 5years of on and off training 4 of which where spent getting drunk at uni to reach those figures and pretty much 2 weeks after i benched 130 i wrecked my rotator cuff and i havnt benched since i reckon ill be 3/4months without bench.

i don't supose they are based on jake white's sa stats by any chance.

Originally Posted by toad1 View Post
    good luck with you're goals. if you get their at 18/19 years old you'll be a machine. it took my 5years of on and off training 4 of which where spent getting drunk at uni to reach those figures and pretty much 2 weeks after i benched 130 i wrecked my rotator cuff and i havnt benched since i reckon ill be 3/4months without bench.

i don't supose they are based on jake white's sa stats by any chance.
    Hard luck dne my rotator cuff before i was out for rest of session. haha i try do rotator cuff exercises in my spare time.

Umm yea a read a few post on rugby thread about rugby stats. So yea i got an under standing of what i need.

But coach and i came up with these goals and i am determined to get them!

Just did some speed work today.

Did ladder work, 60m stride outs and drills

Followed by touch rugby

DIET

My diet atm i am to low in fats and need to increase my calorie intake. Trying to bulk up. This is my usual day. drinking water constantly thro out day

I only drink protein shakes post work out 2 expensive other wise.

Meal 1: 5 eggs, glass milk slice of bread

Meal 2: Chicken roll

Meal 3: , KFC, MC D or any high fat high protein take away

meal 4: Can of tuna, 2 slices of bread and glass of milk

meal 5: 2 peanut butter sandwich

meal 5: what mum cooks for dinner

Meal 6: 3 eggs and milk

beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    meal 3: , kfc, mc d or any high fat high protein take away
    ?????????????

?????

??

?

!
    310 Pounds down to 218 Pounds.

Originally Posted by beertank23 View Post
    ?????????????

?????

??

?

!
    hah trying to increase my Bf quickly, im serious. Will stop eating it and maintain when i reach my goal of 10%.

I only drink water and milk have not had soda in 2 years
    ******** page: http://www.********.com/urbanbrahfitness

tehe ty men ;)

Very good work out. Did a p.b. in dead lifts 150kg x 2 . Thumb is getter better. Had a better grip today. Going to try to increase squat max next leg session

legs, back and some core

Hour twenty

LEGS

squats
    10 x 80kg
    8 x 100kg
    6 x 120kg
    5 x 150kg

dead lifts
    10x80kg
    8x100kg
    6x120kg
    2x150kg (NEW P.b.)

Sumo squat
    2 sets of 15x 60kg

legs extensions A,b,c
    6 sets of 10 x 70 pounds

Legs curls A,B
    4 sets of 12x70 pounds

calf raises
    2 sets of 15 x 120kg

BACK

Wide grip pull ups(BW)
    3 sets 10reps ,8reps,6reps

Lat pull down
    3 sets 10x55kg

One bar bent over rows
    3 sets 10x17.5kg

bent over rows
    3 sets 12x40kg

CORE

45degree weighted twists
    2 sets of 20x5kg

Sit ups
    4sets of 20

front bridges
    1min, 2mins

tehe ty men ;)

Originally Posted by Urbancohort View Post
    Hard luck dne my rotator cuff before i was out for rest of session. haha i try do rotator cuff exercises in my spare time.

Umm yea a read a few post on rugby thread about rugby stats. So yea i got an under standing of what i need.

But coach and i came up with these goals and i am determined to get them!
    i get confused what to do with my rotator cuff as some weeks ill do r.c work 3days a week in the gym and feel fine others ill do nothing and feel better i think i jus need a mix of rehab and rest. bench pressing is so sore at the mo its totaly pointless for me which is really annoying me.

love the meal 3 on you're diet plan.. i find that eating 'poorly' during the day isnt that bad for me as i exercise at night so i can allways burn of the bad calories but sometimes eating mc'ds etc is the only way i can find to actually eat enough protien as i get so bored of chicken, steaks and meat all the time.

thats a pretty solid looking leg workout there not long till you'll be at the magic double bw deadlift.

well i ended up having a solid month off all shoulder activity. Went to physio which helped big time. What ended up happening is because i screwed my shoulder it effected all the muscles surrounding it.

Well i find its the easiest way to increase my calories haha. but i do also like the change from clean food.

i cant wait to dead lift double my bw. Should i invest in a belt??

tehe ty men ;)

Awsome work out. Very solid in arms today. Gota work on benching. Maybe increase intensity of benching.I am going to add core into every work out now .BUT overall good sweat up.

Chest,shoulders, arms and core

hour thirty

CHEST

incline DB flies
    2 sets 15 x 10kg

DB bench press
    10 x 20kg
    8 x 25kg
    2 sets 5x 30kg

Incline Db press
    2 sets 10 x 20kg
    8 x 25kg

SHOULDERS

Standing military press
    3 sets 6 x 40kg

Arnold a,b (very slow movement)
    4 sets 10 x 10kg

upright rows super set with Db shrugs
    3 sets 12 x 25kg (Upright rows)
    3 sets 16 x 25kg (Db shrugs

ARMS

21 BB curls
    3 sets of 20kg

tricep pull downs
    3 sets of 15 x 45kg

Hammer curls supper set with tricep dips
    3 sets 10 x 15kg
    3 sets 10x bw

preacher curls
    2 sets 10 x 10kg

CORE

45 degree weighted twists
    2 set 20x 5kg

Front bridges
    2 sets 1.3 mins

hanging raised leg timed
    20 secs
    25 secs

tehe ty men ;)

at that kinda weight id expect you to be wearing a belt but if your shifting that much without a belt then its a good thing. i wear one but its more to do with the fact i have a bad back so anything that helps with my core is good for me.....ive decided to to stop squating because of it. ive basically been naturally using the wrong muscles in my stomach area all my life and although these muscle may be strongs the ones i actually need to help my back are pretty weak.

yeh i'm starting to notice muscle imbalances in other parts of my body because of it most off all my lats/back my good side apears to be alot bigger. i was seing physio for it might have to go back so i can get 100% but my shoulders do take a really long time to recover playing front row really doesn't help.

Hmm think i might get one.

Well with me I noticed with me one shoulder is higher then then other. Due to injury. Had to correct if by doing light free weight exercises and strengthen rotator cuff.

tehe ty men ;)

Missed on my speed work today. Had surf lifeguard duty's which took all day. Tooo tired and depressed about wellington losing final

tehe ty men ;)

Had to cut work out short today missed out on my core which i am annoyed about. Average work out rested to long and mucked round to much. attempted 160kg dead lift but failed. Got half way up then hands slipped.

hour twenty

LEGS

squats
    10 x 80kg
    8 x 100kg
    6 x 120kg
    5 x 130kg

dead lifts
    10x80kg
    8x100kg
    6x120kg
    2x150kg

Sumo squat
    2 sets of 15x 60kg

legs extensions A,b,c
    6 sets of 10 x 70 pounds

Legs curls A,B
    4 sets of 12x70 pounds

calf raises
    2 sets of 15 x 120kg

BACK

Wide grip pull ups(BW)
    3 sets 10reps ,8reps,6reps

Lat pull down
    3 sets 10x55kg

One bar bent over rows
    3 sets 10x17.5kg

bent over rows
    3 sets 12x40kg

tehe ty men ;)

Much better work out today. Felt awsome all work out. Going to do dumbbell benching instead of barbell. Just want to have rest from barbell. Have been hiting arms really hard trying to increase size.

CHEST

Incline DB flys
    2 sets 10 x 12.5kg

DB benching
    10 x 20kg
    8 x 25kg
    6 x 30kg
    7 x 30 kg
    8 x 25kg
    11 x 20 kg

Incline DB press
    2 sets 8 x 20kg
    8 x 22.5kg

SHOULDERS

Standing military press
    8 x 40kg
    2 sets 6 x 45 kg

Arnold A,B
    4 sets 15x10kg

Upright rows super set with DB shrugs
    3 sets 15x25kg(upright rows)
    3 sets 15 x25kg(DB shrugs)

ARMS

21 BB curls
    3 sets 25kg

Tricep pull down
    3 sets 15 x 45 kg

Hammer curls super set tricep dips
    2 sets 10x 15kg
    2 sets 10 x bw

preacher curls
    2 sets 10 x 12.5kg

concentration curls super set bench dips
    2 sets 15 x 10kg
    2 sets 15 x bw

CORE

Crunches
    3 set 20

45 degree weighted twists
    2 sets 20 x 5kg

tehe ty men ;)

Well pi sss ss. Yesterday i did a 10k urg took me 42 minutes. I do it for surf boats for surf life saving as well as rugby. Never been so screwed in my life.

Today i did legs, back and core. Very good work out overall did pb in dead lift and squat.

hour twenty

LEGS

squats
    10 x 80kg
    10 x 100kg
    6 x 120kg
    5 x130kg
    4 140kg
    3 x 150kg (most reps i have done

dead lifts
    10x80kg
    8x100kg