SinewySam is on a distinguished road. (+10) SinewySam is on a distinguished road. (+10) SinewySam is on a distinguished road. (+10) SinewySam is on a distinguished road. (+10) SinewySam is on a distinguished road. (+10) SinewySam is on a distinguished road. (+10) SinewySam is on a distinguished road. (+10) SinewySam is on a distinguished road. (+10) SinewySam is on a distinguished road. (+10) SinewySam is on a distinguished road. (+10) SinewySam is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Finding instruction/teaching/coaching in weightlifting? Atlanta Georgia

Hello, my name is Sam and I have been lifting weights for years now but never really been schooled in the art of weightlifting proper, IE olympic style lifts. I do variations on my own during my workouts but would like to actually learn how its done.

I see lots of personal training at my gym, Concourse Athletic Club, but all they seem to do is machine exercises and isolation movements, not exactly what I am interest in =/

So is there any kind of directory or listings I can search for real, olympic-style training? I am not trying to compete (except with myself I suppose), I just want to learn how to do it right. What should I do? Does anyone else in the Atlanta area know of any specific locations/people to consult?

Thanks, Sam

bennettkv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Training in ATL

Hey Sam,

I am a trainer at My Fitness Solution (MFS) in Duluth. We share a facility with Competitive Edge Sports that does professional sports training for a variety of sports in ATL. Our gym is a private facility (membership by invitation only) and is probably something you'd be interested in. My partner is Fadi Malouf, a world-class competitive bodybuilder and phenomenal trainer. Check out our website: mfscentral.com or contact us through ******** at our fan page: My Fitness Solution. There are lots of photos on ********. We have clients that are beginners and clients that are elite athletes but the training environment is HARDCORE! 6 squat racks, 8 bench press stations, 4 leg presses plus massive dumbbell collection. We also have an indoor turf field for agility & bootcamp sessions. Check us out and consider yourself invited to come in for a workout. You'll find the best energy in the morning at 6am!

Developing wealth through health,
    Kelley

Originally Posted by SinewySam View Post
    Hello, my name is Sam and I have been lifting weights for years now but never really been schooled in the art of weightlifting proper, IE olympic style lifts. I do variations on my own during my workouts but would like to actually learn how its done.

I see lots of personal training at my gym, Concourse Athletic Club, but all they seem to do is machine exercises and isolation movements, not exactly what I am interest in =/

So is there any kind of directory or listings I can search for real, olympic-style training? I am not trying to compete (except with myself I suppose), I just want to learn how to do it right. What should I do? Does anyone else in the Atlanta area know of any specific locations/people to consult?

Thanks, Sam

PhD in Broscience crackyflipside's Avatar
    crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Gym Name: Coffee's Gym
    Owner/Manager: John Coffee
    Address: 1800 Lower Roswell Rd.
    City: Marietta
    State/Province/Country: GA
    Zip: 30068
    Phone Number: (770) 321-6900
    Last edited by crackyflipside; 11-15-2009 at 06:48 PM.
    Olympic Weightlifting: Cuban Method
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=703396581

Snatch: 97kg
    Clean and jerk: 120kg
    Front squat 160kg
    Back squat: 170kg

gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by crackyflipside View Post
    Gym Name: Coffee's Gym
    Owner/Manager: John Coffee
    Address: 1800 Lower Roswell Rd.
    City: Marietta
    State/Province/Country: GA
    Zip: 30068
    Phone Number: (770) 321-6900
    Email: coffeesgym@yahoo.com
    Wow! cool for op.
    Being a real lifter is not about a number, or a medal, or somebody else telling you that you are a real lifter. It is about commitment to the iron and strength of purpose.

olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I would be careful about the website for Coffee's gym, I just clicked on it and it doesn't really tell you anything. I don't know if the email address is valid either, but you can look up USA Weightlifting and check out the club listings. The website is http://weightlifting.teamusa.org/pages/1808 and click on currently registered clubs. That should give you valid information.
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168969133

PhD in Broscience crackyflipside's Avatar
    crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by olyw8lifter View Post
    I would be careful about the website for Coffee's gym, I just clicked on it and it doesn't really tell you anything. I don't know if the email address is valid either, but you can look up USA Weightlifting and check out the club listings. The website is http://weightlifting.teamusa.org/pages/1808 and click on currently registered clubs. That should give you valid information.
    Coffees Gym has some good weightlifters.

Their website is down but they are a good gym.
    Olympic Weightlifting: Cuban Method
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=703396581

Snatch: 97kg
    Clean and jerk: 120kg
    Front squat 160kg
    Back squat: 170kg

olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by crackyflipside View Post
    Coffees Gym has some good weightlifters.

Their website is down but they are a good gym.
    I never said they weren't good, I just commented that I didn't know if you would be able to contact them via the website or if the email was good anymore. That is why I linked the USAW site to the registered clubs. I know a few of their weightlifters personally.
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168969133