Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: I am fat

madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by gbg View Post
    if I could I would rub your tummy.
    I would appreciate your rubbing

madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Snack
    Banana
    - didn't have a proper lunch because I'm still feeling quite nauseous. took a pill to settle my stomach. will see how I feel in a couple of hours...

Snack
    Got a stupid Hallowe'en package in the mail today with a huge box of chocolates. I took gbg's advice and had a few, and am actually feeling a bit better... Am planning on having a regular dinner.

r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I know you don't plan to slavishly follow the macros/calories, but do you even have a rough guess at what your "cutting" level is?

As much as you want to be a lean 150 @ 5'5", I'd like to be a lean 160 at 5'7". I'm a good 8 lbs or so over that, but attempts to cut calories any further seems to completely trash my lifts and recovery (and my diet is squeaky-clean to begin with).

You adding any cardio or conditioning type work to your usual lifting?

gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by madaozeki View Post
    Snack
    Got a stupid Hallowe'en package in the mail today with a huge box of chocolates. I took gbg's advice and had a few, and am actually feeling a bit better... Am planning on having a regular dinner.
    Was reading over your diet, the last couple of days you had very little carbs, if your not used to a low carb diet you can experience the symptoms you were having feeling shaky could be low blood sugar.

Try and add more complex carbs if you go very low with carb intake you have to add a good amount of fat.

When I first did the CKD I felt like **** it takes time for your body to get adjusted.

Hope your feeling better
    Being a real lifter is not about a number, or a medal, or somebody else telling you that you are a real lifter. It is about commitment to the iron and strength of purpose.

Originally Posted by r_graz View Post
    I know you don't plan to slavishly follow the macros/calories, but do you even have a rough guess at what your "cutting" level is?

As much as you want to be a lean 150 @ 5'5", I'd like to be a lean 160 at 5'7". I'm a good 8 lbs or so over that, but attempts to cut calories any further seems to completely trash my lifts and recovery (and my diet is squeaky-clean to begin with).

You adding any cardio or conditioning type work to your usual lifting?
    No idea what my cutting level is, if you mean calorie-wise. I just always cut by cutting out the crap part of my diet and sticking to veggies and fish. This time around I figured I might as well go organic at the same time

Not adding any cardio or conditioning. I weighed 135 3 years ago with very similar lifts to what I have now, and I'm pretty confident that I can maintain my current strength levels by dropping down to 150. I'm too embarrassed to post my beach pics because of my gut

Was reading over your diet, the last couple of days you had very little carbs, if your not used to a low carb diet you can experience the symptoms you were having feeling shaky could be low blood sugar.

Try and add more complex carbs if you go very low with carb intake you have to add a good amount of fat.

When I first did the CKD I felt like **** it takes time for your body to get adjusted.

Hope your feeling better
    It's tough for me to gauge how much carbs I'm getting. The acorn squash was very large, and I had a TON of salad, including the carrots and onions, along with a ton of cauliflower. I've never really gone the traditional low-carb route, though my traditional cutting diet is basically just fish and veggies.

I'm going to take your advice and switch to my usual cutting breakfast of steel-cut oats along with a bit of protein powder and some milk/yogurt. That should set me up for the rest of the day!

Now I'm craving Mabo Tofu, so I must be feeling somewhat better

gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    No idea what my cutting level is, if you mean calorie-wise. I just always cut by cutting out the crap part of my diet and sticking to veggies and fish. This time around I figured I might as well go organic at the same time

Not adding any cardio or conditioning. I weighed 135 3 years ago with very similar lifts to what I have now, and I'm pretty confident that I can maintain my current strength levels by dropping down to 150. I'm too embarrassed to post my beach pics because of my gut

It's tough for me to gauge how much carbs I'm getting. The acorn squash was very large, and I had a TON of salad, including the carrots and onions, along with a ton of cauliflower. I've never really gone the traditional low-carb route, though my traditional cutting diet is basically just fish and veggies.

I'm going to take your advice and switch to my usual cutting breakfast of steel-cut oats along with a bit of protein powder and some milk/yogurt. That should set me up for the rest of the day!

Now I'm craving Mabo Tofu, so I must be feeling somewhat better
    Good idea, try and add some to your lunch too but cut them out after lunch.
    The cauliflower is very low carb not sure about the squash some have more than others mendosa.com gives amount of carbs in food go under diabetes than food.

What's Mabo Tofu?

I started today only shakes for me need to get the sugar out of my system, it's like a drug!
    Glad your feeling better
    Being a real lifter is not about a number, or a medal, or somebody else telling you that you are a real lifter. It is about commitment to the iron and strength of purpose.

Good idea, try and add some to your lunch too but cut them out after lunch.
    The cauliflower is very low carb not sure about the squash some have more than others mendosa.com gives amount of carbs in food go under diabetes than food.

What's Mabo Tofu?

I started today only shakes for me need to get the sugar out of my system, it's like a drug!
    Glad your feeling better
    Yeah, my old cutting diet was basically:

Breakfast
    Steel cut oats with sliced fruit, whole milk yogurt and protein powder

Lunch
    Poached fish
    Steamed vegetables

Dinner
    Same as lunch

I'd split lunch and dinner into 2 portions each so really have 2 lunches and 2 dinners. Always did the trick, but right now that's not my goal. I'm not "cutting" per se, just changing my eating habits to get back down to a more "normal" weight, rather than a heavily-cut weight, so there's definitely no reason to be too extreme.

Sugar is most definitely addictive

Mabo tofu is a spicy Chinese tofu dish with ground pork. It looks like this:

I'm going to be branching out into more Asian-influenced dishes soon. I love Thai and Vietnamese flavors, and of course Chinese and Japanese... Once again, variety is the spice of life (PM for "private" details)

Yeah, my old cutting diet was basically:

Breakfast
    Steel cut oats with sliced fruit, whole milk yogurt and protein powder

Lunch
    Poached fish
    Steamed vegetables

Dinner
    Same as lunch

I'd split lunch and dinner into 2 portions each so really have 2 lunches and 2 dinners. Always did the trick, but right now that's not my goal. I'm not "cutting" per se, just changing my eating habits to get back down to a more "normal" weight, rather than a heavily-cut weight, so there's definitely no reason to be too extreme.

Sugar is most definitely addictive

Mabo tofu is a spicy Chinese tofu dish with ground pork. It looks like this:

I'm going to be branching out into more Asian-influenced dishes soon. I love Thai and Vietnamese flavors, and of course Chinese and Japanese... Once again, variety is the spice of life (PM for "private" details)
    Sounds good to me.

That looks really good! just what I needed thanks

Waiting for pm.........

Sounds good to me.

That looks really good! just what I needed thanks

Waiting for pm.........
    I experimented a bit last year with some Vietnamese dishes. Maybe my brother didn't get ALL the cooking genes. I just have to work a little bit harder at it

Innocent PM sent

I experimented a bit last year with some Vietnamese dishes. Maybe my brother didn't get ALL the cooking genes. I just have to work a little bit harder at it

Innocent PM sent
    I don't think I've ever had Vietnamese food you got me curious now, maybe next carb up.

Innocent's no fun

I don't think I've ever had Vietnamese food you got me curious now, maybe next carb up.
    [quote]

Doesn't have to be high-carb! I made a nice saffron catfish dish a while back, and another squid dish that was good...

Innocent's no fun
    It can be fun to start innocently... more time to build

Dinner
    Leftover Japanese sweet potato potage from last night
    1/2 a baked salmon filet
    Mixed green salad (no dressing)
    Small portion of vegetable curry with white rice (carrots, onions, spinach)

Feeling much better now

Not sure if Geisha girls are Japanese

Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I've got a suggestion for you. Come to Russia for a while. You'll lose weight in no time. Seriously. Both this summer and this semester I've lost weight, and that has been with eating ridiculous amounts of food and at times too much salsa (read: booze). You don't see too many overweight people here. Not that they are healthy, just not fat.
    @thighsofsteel_chs

Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Device Sales

Charleston, SC

Not sure if Geisha girls are Japanese
    Indeed they are

Originally Posted by Fury22 View Post
    I've got a suggestion for you. Come to Russia for a while. You'll lose weight in no time. Seriously. Both this summer and this semester I've lost weight, and that has been with eating ridiculous amounts of food and at times too much salsa (read: booze). You don't see too many overweight people here. Not that they are healthy, just not fat.
    It's funny that you should mention this. In Defense of Food, which I read on vacation, goes into detail about "traditional" diets from around the world, and how, for example, the French as a whole are far less obese than Americans, even though their diet is filled with saturated fat and wine. The theory is that the ingredients are "real" food, the portions are smaller, and they enjoy and savor their food, rather than stuff themselves til they're full... I'd assume Russians are the same?

Breakfast
    Steel-cut oats
    Whole Milk yogurt
    protein powder
    supps

Lunch
    Leftover Japanese curry from dinner, plus a bit of white rice (post-workout carbs )

J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Feeling better today after putting some carbs in there?

Originally Posted by J.L.C. View Post
    Feeling better today after putting some carbs in there?
    Yup! Still don't think it was a lack of carbs that triggered it though, since it happened an hour after eating bread.

In retrospect (this is going to sound ridiculous to those who don't know me very well), I think it was actually motion-sickness triggered by watching back-to-back-to-back episodes of a shaky Japanese anime dubbed into Cantonese with English subtitles...

Snack
    A couple more chocolates from the beast of the box I received post-Hallowe'en.

Dinner
    Thinly-sliced pork sauteed with onions
    Mixed green salad with cauliflower and tomatoes
    Carrot potage made with whole milk
    A few slices of pear for dessert

Took a picture of dinner today! Now I just have to sign up for a photo-sharing site...

Damn.

I figured out that it was, indeed, the video that caused my nausea yesterday. I tried watching more tonight and the nausea came right back.

I should ALWAYS try to figure out a motion-sickness explanation for nausea before assuming it's food.

And I was enjoying the video, too... oh well! That explains why I still felt perfectly strong today at my workout.

Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Mada pre-cut:

Post cut pic will be posted here.

In b4 Gollum.
    Last edited by Arlecchino; 11-04-2009 at 02:52 AM.

Damn.

I figured out that it was, indeed, the video that caused my nausea yesterday. I tried watching more tonight and the nausea came right back.

I should ALWAYS try to figure out a motion-sickness explanation for nausea before assuming it's food.

And I was enjoying the video, too... oh well! That explains why I still felt perfectly strong today at my workout.
    Do you have motion sickness? some of the work I do is vestiblar might be able to help you thar...

Originally Posted by Arlecchino View Post
    Mada pre-cut:

Post cut pic will be posted here.

In b4 Gollum.

Thank you for not posting this picture:

Do you have motion sickness? some of the work I do is vestiblar might be able to help you thar...
    I have probably the worst case of motion sickness devised by the sadistic bastard that thought it up in the first place. It's one of the reasons I work from home.

Come "work" on my "vestibule". It will welcome you...

Breakfast
    Steel-cut oats with whole milk yogurt and protein powder, topped with some sliced banana
    supps

Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Indeed they are

It's funny that you should mention this. In Defense of Food, which I read on vacation, goes into detail about "traditional" diets from around the world, and how, for example, the French as a whole are far less obese than Americans, even though their diet is filled with saturated fat and wine. The theory is that the ingredients are "real" food, the portions are smaller, and they enjoy and savor their food, rather than stuff themselves til they're full... I'd assume Russians are the same?

Breakfast
    Steel-cut oats
    Whole Milk yogurt
    protein powder
    supps

Lunch
    Leftover Japanese curry from dinner, plus a bit of white rice (post-workout carbs )
    Something like that. I have a few theories:
    1) They spend most of their money on clothes and cosmetics, not food
    2) Natural food, few preservatives
    3) Stress & Activity (work, etc) I don't know what it is about living here, but it just makes me tired. Even in a relaxed city like Petersburg. Also, people tend to walk a lot. Not necessarily to to work or to specific places, but just take walks. The verb gulyat' (to take a stroll) is used a lot
    4) Russian Breakfast: Cigs & Coffee (just a joke, but usually not very much, this summer is was often sausage or eggs, tomatoes and cucumbers, oatmeal sometimes)
    5) Vodka
    5)
    @thighsofsteel_chs

Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Device Sales

Charleston, SC

Thank you for not posting this picture:

I have probably the worst case of motion sickness devised by the sadistic bastard that thought it up in the first place. It's one of the reasons I work from home.

Come "work" on my "vestibule". It will welcome you...
    Have you seen anyone for this?

Have you seen anyone for this?
    For the resemblance to Peter McNicol or the motion sickness thing?

If the former, no, not recently.

If the latter, no-one's ever found anything wrong with me, inner-ear stuff and all... ideas?

If the latter, no-one's ever found anything wrong with me, inner-ear stuff and all... ideas?
    I have to speak with one of my co workers she specializes in balance therapy and deals with all vestibular disorders.
    What type of test's have been done? and does the room spin or is it an off balance feeling?
    What sets it off?

I have to speak with one of my co workers she specializes in balance therapy and deals with all vestibular disorders.
    What type of test's have been done? and does the room spin or is it an off balance feeling?
    What sets it off?
    I've never had any tests done other than routine checkups and routine ear-nose-throat checkups. And nothing since I was a kid.

It never feels like a balance thing. No room spinning or anything. Just get really really really nauseous, triggered by cars, trains, planes, boats, elevators, escalators, home movies, etc. etc. etc.

J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Just so you know.....vestibular function and testing is within Audiologists' scope of practice

....and you happen know know a couple audiologists