Location: chichester, west sussex, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    jeq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

/Rugby log\ Braking into the first team

So i started playing rugby in may june time this year. Currently i play third team but im competative and want to play in the first team.

Goals
    I want to be about 175-180 pounds around 10-12 per body fat.

At currently im 161 pounds and 17-20 per body fat havent had it tested.

My current lifting stats are
    Squat = 90kg x 10
    Deadlift = 105kg x 5
    Bench = 70kg x 5
    Ohp = 35kg x 5
    Power clean 60kg x 1

My current vo2 max is 47. Tested on the copper test / 12min run as far as you can get\

My training week breakdown
    Monday: weights / rugby training
    Tuesday: cardio
    Wednesday: rest
    Thursday: weights / rugby
    Friday: cardio
    Saturday: match
    Sunday: rest

Mondays workout
    Squats 3x5
    Bench 3x5
    Deads 1x5
    Dips 3x8

Thursday workout
    Squats 3x5
    Ohp 3x5
    Power clean 3x5
    Chins 3x8

Its is ripptoe just only two workouts a week due to my legs dont recover for the match on saturday.

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    ahhh welcome... what level of rugby...

jeq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by scott_donald View Post
    ahhh welcome... what level of rugby...
    Thanks well the thirds play sussex west 2 so just your average club level.

The first XV play londen south 1 not sure but i think its the league below national 2 so semi pro.
    So if the G prem is league one the firsts are in league 5
    Last edited by jeq; 10-27-2009 at 04:26 PM.

Location: edinburgh, scotland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    i like all these rugby journals may make one myself.

just a thing about your legs not recovering for a game...what ive found works for me is not doing heavy back squats during the season and just doing front squats and deadlifts i duno why this works for me. also cardio before a game id rest and maybe do a rehab/prehab gym sesh.
    people ask me how to train, and i answer "i look at what you do and then i do the exact oposite"

if your family was captured and you were told you needed to put 100 pounds onto your max squat within two months or your family would be executed, would you squat once per week? Something tells me that you'd start squatting every day

Originally Posted by toad1 View Post

just a thing about your legs not recovering for a game...what ive found works for me is not doing heavy back squats during the season and just doing front squats and deadlifts i duno why this works for me. also cardio before a game id rest and maybe do a rehab/prehab gym sesh.
    Thanks for the advice but with squats im not moving big heavy weights like you so the volume is lower and the effects on my cns but when i start squating 150kg + il look into it.

My cardio sesson are short like 15 mins max with some core and delevopment stretchs seeing my flexability is fail.

Ps: think some of my spelling wrong and posting this using my mobile cant check it.

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by toad1 View Post

Originally Posted by jeq View Post
    Thanks for the advice but with squats im not moving big heavy weights like you so the volume is lower and the effects on my cns but when i start squating 150kg + il look into it.

My cardio sesson are short like 15 mins max with some core and delevopment stretchs seeing my flexability is fail.

Ps: think some of my spelling wrong and posting this using my mobile cant check it.
    i am big for loading and deloading especially during season and listening to the body... for me this week is big volume after a deload week... everyone is different... but one thing we have to make improvements during season or we will never improve as the season is so long in britain...

Location: edinburgh, scotland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by scott_donald View Post
    i am big for loading and deloading especially during season and listening to the body... for me this week is big volume after a deload week... everyone is different... but one thing we have to make improvements during season or we will never improve as the season is so long in britain...
    thats true last year i made all my pb's in march april time near the end of the season.

don't worry about the spelling once you start going through the posts i make i make spelling mistakes almost every sentence.

ohh and i aint shifting those heavy wieghts anymore. i just like to keep the e-stats.
    people ask me how to train, and i answer "i look at what you do and then i do the exact oposite"

if your family was captured and you were told you needed to put 100 pounds onto your max squat within two months or your family would be executed, would you squat once per week? Something tells me that you'd start squatting every day

Gaining weight and strenght shouldnt have a bad effect on my game aslong as i dont gain fat. Was longing at a pound a week but this might not happen seeing im cleaning up my diet so should burn some body fat. Looking to go into cutting mode in the off seaaon.

Had a great training sesson on monday night done 20 minates of fitness and then some passing drills then coaches said to sharpen our passing and catching we were given eggs to use as balls so after all the drill all hell brakes lose guess that what happen if you give 20 rugby players eggs lol.

Thursdays workout

Squats
    90kg x 5
    90kg x 5
    90kg x 5

Ohp
    35kg x 5
    35kg x 5
    35kg x 5

Power clean
    50kg x 5
    50kg x 5
    50kg x 5

Chins
    Bw x 8
    Bw x 8

Still learning form on squats only been doing them three weeks. Power cleans were great first time iv done the after learning them last friday.

so over the last three weeks i havent trained just be really lazy.

Im not enjoying playing on the wing really i find it boring and enjoy tackling alot more so im thinking of changing to the forwards im unsure where in the forwards only really have to options hooker or flanker but first im going to bulk to 200 pound and stay fit.

Got my new workouts today

Monday legs + abs
    Back squats 4 sets 10-12 / 8-10 / 6-8 / 4-6
    Leg extensions 3 sets 10-12
    Leg curls 3 sets 10-12
    Calf raises 3 sets 10-12
    Abs machine 3 sets 10-12
    Side bends 2 sets 10-12

Tuesday chest + tri's
    Bench press 4 sets 10-12 / 8-10 / 6-8 / 4-6
    Incline dumbbell press 3 sets 10-12
    Incline flys 3 sets 10-12
    Skullcrashers 3 sets 10-12
    Dumbbell overhead extention 3 sets 10-12

Thursday back + bi's
    Deadlift 4 sets 10-12 / 8-10 / 6-8 / 4-6
    Bent over row 3 sets 10-12
    Close grip pulldown 3 sets 10-12
    Ez curls 3 sets 10-12
    Seated curls 3 sets 10-12

Friday shoulders + traps
    Power cleans 4 sets 10-12 / 8-10 / 6-8 / 4-6
    Military press 3 sets 10-12
    Lateral raise 3 sets 10-12
    Reverse flys 3 sets 10-12
    Shrugs 3 sets 10-12

so have you started body building then???

it is a bodybuilding workout but its only for 8 weeks. The guy who has given me the programme said its to do with peroidisation think thats the spelling. He was talking to me about preparing my ligments and tendons for the long term and building a solid base.

Hes a bit of a beast seen him deadlift 280 kg and bench 160kg at 95kg body weight.