samakaballer will become famous soon enough. (+50) samakaballer will become famous soon enough. (+50) samakaballer will become famous soon enough. (+50) samakaballer will become famous soon enough. (+50) samakaballer will become famous soon enough. (+50) samakaballer will become famous soon enough. (+50) samakaballer will become famous soon enough. (+50) samakaballer will become famous soon enough. (+50) samakaballer will become famous soon enough. (+50) samakaballer will become famous soon enough. (+50) samakaballer will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Anybody have severe pain in the back of there head when lifting weights?

I was doing squats tuesday, and trying to push my limits on my rep range and on my last rep i had to really really struggle and theni got a very sharp pain in the back of my head, hurt very bad. And today, Friday, I got it again when i got sexually aroused ( very weird), and the more aroused I got the more severe the pain got. I have no clue what is going on, has anybody else had this problem before? I might have been holding my breathe a little when doing the squats tuesday, I just tried to push my limits , trying to do what i'm at the gym to do...... Oh, and I haven't gone to the gym since Tuesday and I'm thinking about giong today to do some bicep and tricep workouts. I hope the pain doesn't come back, I was even thinking maybe it's from the no shotgun I always take b4 working out? I haven't taken that since tuesday either, i'm going to take a long break off it in case that's what is causing this.

samakaballer will become famous soon enough. (+50) samakaballer will become famous soon enough. (+50) samakaballer will become famous soon enough. (+50) samakaballer will become famous soon enough. (+50) samakaballer will become famous soon enough. (+50) samakaballer will become famous soon enough. (+50) samakaballer will become famous soon enough. (+50) samakaballer will become famous soon enough. (+50) samakaballer will become famous soon enough. (+50) samakaballer will become famous soon enough. (+50) samakaballer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Nobody has had this happen before? I would think it'd be more common, I was reading up on the internet and it seems like it comes from not breathing right and the fluctuations of blood pressure when lifting... I think im just gonna do bench press monday then take the rest of the week off and see what happens, cuz i just got back from doing biceps and triceps and when i'd get tired and getting into the end of my set i'd feel the pain in my head get worse.... lol, sounds crazy but hopefully it's not

anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by samakaballer View Post
    Nobody has had this happen before? I would think it'd be more common, I was reading up on the internet and it seems like it comes from not breathing right and the fluctuations of blood pressure when lifting... I think im just gonna do bench press monday then take the rest of the week off and see what happens, cuz i just got back from doing biceps and triceps and when i'd get tired and getting into the end of my set i'd feel the pain in my head get worse.... lol, sounds crazy but hopefully it's not
    take ashower before lifting - will open up artery and increase blood supply to brain

mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by samakaballer View Post
    Ok, what's pain?
    it's an action signal - it's a response to a real or perceived threat.
    So what might you be doing to induce a threat response?

How about if you're pushing your limits as you say, and you're fatiguing, what do you think your body's muscles are doing, or your joints? are you tightening up?

WHen i watch athletes towards the end of a heavy set when they are too fatigued rather than quitting when they still have gas in the tank, they tent to tense up and close up. This tensing and closing reduces range of motion, meaning it's harder to lift, muscles are getting more taxed and able to deliver less. Especially on squats if you're cranking your head back with a big GRR face - have you checked your anatomy to see how many many little muscles there are right at the back of the skull?

Imagine what happens if your big muscles are all closed off that are supposed to do the work of pullin gup your shoulders, and there's just your little muscles left - they're going to frickin hurt and say ENOUGH cuz they just can't pick up the load.

SO
    a few tips:
    stay fresh in your sets.
    do some position specific joint mobility work before each set to keep your joints as open as possible for each lift.

an heuristic from chad waterbury is great here: if your speed stops to drop off in your reps in your sets STOP - only do the number where you can
    a) keep perfect form and
    b) consistent tempo.

hope that helps
    mc

KOMED has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KOMED has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KOMED has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KOMED has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KOMED has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KOMED has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KOMED has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KOMED has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KOMED has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KOMED has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KOMED has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    It might be because you're not breathing properly. I had sharp pains in my head when I didn't breath properly back when I first started lifting.

Breathe!

mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by KOMED View Post
    It might be because you're not breathing properly. I had sharp pains in my head when I didn't breath properly back when I first started lifting.

Breathe!
    good observation, but
    not breathing properly is another startle sign.
    so dealing with the startle, as above may also let the breathing happen

mc

bondary has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Pain in head from squats

I have this same problem!!!! I don't know when it will go or how long does it take to heal??
    I was doing squats and high reps on them and this pain in my head occured.
    It comes back when i lift heavy weight and i get it every now and then its been a few days under a week when will it go? Any advice

Dylan117 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Exactly!

I have this same exact problem. Exactly the same. During lifting or sexual arousal as weird as it sounds. It started with squats now it comes and goes but its only getting worse. I have been dealing with this for more than 4 months now and I'm starting to freak out because its only getting worse. Has anyone had any luck with anything or know what is going on? My breathing is fine. Thank you for any future help with this as it is extremely scary and frustrating.

connorpat1995 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) connorpat1995 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) connorpat1995 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) connorpat1995 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) connorpat1995 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) connorpat1995 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) connorpat1995 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) connorpat1995 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) connorpat1995 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) connorpat1995 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) connorpat1995 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Dylan117 View Post
    I have this same exact problem. Exactly the same. During lifting or sexual arousal as weird as it sounds. It started with squats now it comes and goes but its only getting worse. I have been dealing with this for more than 4 months now and I'm starting to freak out because its only getting worse. Has anyone had any luck with anything or know what is going on? My breathing is fine. Thank you for any future help with this as it is extremely scary and frustrating.
    I had this early on, but it went away after a few weeks. If it's getting worse, I suggest you see a doctor
    log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165742981

nothing but the basics

Dylan117 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by connorpat1995 View Post
    I had this early on, but it went away after a few weeks. If it's getting worse, I suggest you see a doctor
    I went to a doctor, he pretty much told me I was making it up and needed pain medication after an MRI. So no help there unless a see another one but thanks for the suggestion.

necalex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had the same problem, two times, right in the first lifting day after having a break of three weeks while i was on vacation, then disappeared. It is much related with fatigue and blood pressure i guess. Gentle massage to the back of head helps, when the pain is severe.

ruivinho7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've just experienced this exact same thing recently. It started on friday, I was pushing my limits on the leg press. Towards the last few reps I felt a real sharp pain in the lower back of the skull on the right side. So behind the ear, but on the lower rear right of the skull. It lasted about 10 minutes or so and then it seemed to go away.
    However, today (sunday) I was having intercourse with a chick and just before im about to blow my load, that same exact pain in the same position comes at me like a dagger in the back of the head. The pain lasted for about another 30 minutes or so.
    It seems pretty scary..

I will try and improve my breathing and be more conscious of it next time I push my limit on a set. Other than that I'm not sure what to do if that doesnt work

Dragonester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Drink Water

I'v had the same pain when lifting (minus the stimulation part), I started to notice that I was not intaking as much water as I did before when the pain began for the first time. So I decided to drink four cups of water and try lifting again. And poof, the pain in the back of my head was gone. So just make sure to not hold your breathe when lifting and drink a lot of h20.

Cheers~

Succeeded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Succeeded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Succeeded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Succeeded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Succeeded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Succeeded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Succeeded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Succeeded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Succeeded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Succeeded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Succeeded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Since this thread was bumped^

The answer is Exertion/Dehydration headaches.
    Praise Lord Trump!
    Vegetarian
    Corvette Expert
    Relationship Alpha Expert
    No Glow No Go

Resident Libtard BieberFeverBrah's Avatar
    BieberFeverBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BieberFeverBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BieberFeverBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BieberFeverBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BieberFeverBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BieberFeverBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BieberFeverBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BieberFeverBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BieberFeverBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BieberFeverBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BieberFeverBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This has happened to me before, both when lifting and then when fapping. The pain was so severe I was worried I was having an aneurysm. In for answers.
    Height: Manlet
    Weight: Fat

B: lol
    S: rofl
    D: lmao

Maxpwr81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Why don't we bump this nearly 7 year old thread again for buggerall answers...

My neck hurts like hell

Chris6688 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yes same here, I was at the gym yesterday doing my last exercise suddenly on my 2nd from last rep I get a Sharp pain straight to the back of the head I drop the weights and waiting for about 10 to 15 min before the pain when so I decided I'll go home and take it easy, today I feel fine no neck pain nothing When to work all good, so I decided to try chest at the gym my warm upset fine and when I started to do my heavier set the pain came straight back and I try to Breathing when pushing weight and hold when coming down and it didn't help

Ivymantled has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Chris6688 View Post
    Yes same here, I was at the gym yesterday doing my last exercise suddenly on my 2nd from last rep I get a Sharp pain straight to the back of the head I drop the weights and waiting for about 10 to 15 min before the pain when so I decided I'll go home and take it easy, today I feel fine no neck pain nothing When to work all good, so I decided to try chest at the gym my warm upset fine and when I started to do my heavier set the pain came straight back and I try to Breathing when pushing weight and hold when coming down and it didn't help
    If it's related to the original poster's problems, it could be a relative of a condition called Sexual Headache. Wikipedia has an entry on it. I had this a few times and it takes a week or so to go away.

6'4" 220 mostly legs Malnourishment's Avatar
    Malnourishment is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Malnourishment is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Malnourishment is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Malnourishment is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Malnourishment is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Malnourishment is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Malnourishment is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Malnourishment is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Malnourishment is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Malnourishment is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Malnourishment is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    At the beginning of the year, I had something that felt like an artery exploding in the back of my skull on the 8th rep of heavy standing military presses. Then it happened again doing pull ups a few days later, and it started creeping up on me during sex and even lighter lifting. I realized the creatine/beta alanine/citrulline malate/taurine etc seemed to have triggered a weird tension in the back of my head. Lifted light, dropped the supplements, ate a perfect diet and a month later it was gone. Now I'm back to going super hard in the gym, loaded with pre-workout supps, and I never have an issue.
    Mod neg survivor crew

Registered User vineetchaudhary's Avatar
    vineetchaudhary has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Having exactly same issue
    Anyone has any quick relief tips?

ZT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) ZT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) ZT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) ZT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) ZT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) ZT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) ZT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) ZT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) ZT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) ZT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) ZT89 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    THEIR head.